PDA

View Full Version : Great call by Solari on the backside screen

cdcox
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
I've got to give credit where it is due. That was a very well designed and executed play. You could tell there was something up on the right side of the formation. Huard was starring that side of the field down. Then he flipped it to LJ on the back side. Brilliant play call at the time. We need 4 or 5 plays like that in the bag of tricks every week.

mac58
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
if he woulda got tackled for a 3 yrd gain we woulda all bitched. . .but hey it worked

KCinNY
10-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Excellent point...the bunch formation with 3 receivers on the right side really drew the defense that way.

Great call by Solari.

Count Alex's Wins
10-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I called it before the play. We hadn't run a screen all day. Perfect call.

YOU'RE A DAMN HERO, LARRY.

cdcox
10-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I called it before the play. We hadn't run a screen all day. Perfect call.

YOU'RE A DAMN HERO, LARRY.

Huard hadn't been selling the screen very well in earlier games. The deception and misdirection made the play.

wolfpack0735
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
great call,i mean great! then go then call three bone head run plays on ,what the 4. please they stopped the run all day what made them think they could run the ball then.

Psyko Tek
10-08-2006, 06:42 PM
jebus did love that play but I hate the end arounds, and we got the best tight end in the league and he sees the ball twice?

I gotta question play calling,
any news on LJ?

KcMizzou
10-08-2006, 06:43 PM
jebus did love that play but I hate the end arounds, and we got the best tight end in the league and he sees the ball twice?

I gotta question play calling,
any news on LJ?
Holthus said on the radio, "Herm says LJ will be fine."

:shrug:

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
great call,i mean great! then go then call three bone head run plays on ,what the 4. please they stopped the run all day what made them think they could run the ball then.

Considering the butterfingers our receivers had all day, I'll take what happened.

KC Jones
10-08-2006, 06:46 PM

Disagree entirely...

I was calling for them to run it up the gut. On that first one Dee got us to the 2. We needed to eat up as much clock as possible, protect the ball, and get a score. Maybe throw in 1 play action on second down, but after the first run got that good of a surge might as well try again.

jab0450
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Herm said trent was fine too, which thankfully he was. But hes still missing games. LJ is a tough SOB and i think he will be back next week though. But man when i saw him laying there, my throat knotted up, I felt really bad for the guy.