PDA

View Full Version : We usually lose this type of game.

chiefsfan1963
10-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Glad we won, but can we bounce back from this lucky win and win our next 2 games?

Is our OL that bad or is it our 1st year OC lack of experience that is killing our glorious O. We need to convert these FG's to TD's when we get to the Red Zone if we want to play in the post season this year.

We can't rely on our D and ST to pull out wins for us.

2-2 not too shaabby!

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I can't believe you'd even ask if it's the line or not.

Oh wait, coming from you, I can believe anything.

Gotta love that 3 points Jesus Saunders worked up today!

chiefsfan1963
10-08-2006, 08:29 PM
I can't believe you'd even ask if it's the line or not.

Oh wait, coming from you, I can believe anything.

yeah you're right AS was a fraud he absolutely has his head up his ass and knows nothing about running an offensive. He should not get any credit for being the OC for the one the finest offenses the past 5 years.

It was pure bloody LUCK!

Thanks for straightening me out.

I knew I could count on you.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM
yeah you're right AS was a fraud he absolutely has his head up his ass and knows nothing about running an offensive. He should not get any credit for being the OC for the one the finest offenses the past 5 years.

It was pure bloody LUCK!

Thanks for straightening me out.

I knew I could count on you.

Willie Roaf is far more than just LUCK.

chiefsfan1963
10-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Willie Roaf is far more than just LUCK.

yeah you could of done just as well w/ roaf in there.

any moron could have run that O to Top 1-3 best the past 5 years.

Yeah that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
yeah you could of done just as well w/ roaf in there.

any moron could have run that O to Top 1-3 best the past 5 years.

Yeah that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's PRECISELY what I said.

I sincerely hope you're being deliberately stupid. Somehow, I get the impression you can't help it.

Psyko Tek
10-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I think this moron could have

and NO ****ING END AROUNDS EVER

Count Alex's Losses
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM

LMAO

I'm going to compare KC vs WAS tomorrow. I bet we're averaging more points and more yards.

Count Alex's Losses
10-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Heck, I'll do it now.

Washington is averaging 330 yards and 19.2 points per game.

Kansas City is averaging 299.75 yards and 20 points per game.

SNR
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
We can't rely on our D and ST to pull out wins for us.Why not? Just because Vermeil never asked anything out of his defense to win games doesn't mean it's the norm.

chiefsfan1963
10-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Why not? Just because Vermeil never asked anything out of his defense to win games doesn't mean it's the norm.

b/c our O is a shell of what it was the past 5 years!

keg in kc
10-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Lucky win?

What was lucky about it?

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2006, 11:32 PM
b/c our O is a shell of what it was the past 5 years!

Maybe its bc Green is hurt, Roaf retired, Welbourn got doped on roids, and T-Rich is a Viking.

CosmicPal
10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Lucky win?

What was lucky about it?

No sh*t, that's what I was thinking...

Good lord, give the Cards some credit here- they played to win today. They dominated the run defense and they flew to the ball on nearly every play. Even on Rolle's damaging facemask penalty, he could've easily have given up but he threw Parker on the ground and then tackled LJ- well, sort of.

The played a fundamentally sound offensive game as well, and Leinert looked poised even though Hali and Allen where swapping at him all the time.

It wasn't luck. It was a hard-fought football game and I tip my hat off the Cards...they wanted this win badly and they played like it. But, in the end, we were came out ahead.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
b/c our O is a shell of what it was the past 5 years!THis is not true. We are two tackles,(Huard seems to be getting comfortable in there if he has the time) away from having basically the same offense.

Do any of you think Trent could do any better with the amount of time our line is giving Huard?

FAX
10-09-2006, 01:07 PM
THis is not true. We are two tackles,(Huard seems to be getting comfortable in there if he has the time) away from having basically the same offense. ...

I agree, Mr. bunnytrdr.

Where can we get some good tackles? We just need two.

FAX

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Heck, I'll do it now.

Washington is averaging 330 yards and 19.2 points per game.

Kansas City is averaging 299.75 yards and 20 points per game.

Just thought I would bump this.

Easy 6
10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Somebody said yesterday that good teams win ugly road games like this and a good team did. I'm fairly convinced we lose this in years past, instead of a long FG attempt Whinert hits Boldin in the back of the endzone as our D sucks wind w/ blank expressions on their face.

Rising Sun
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Our offense isnt the same because we dont run the same type of plays we used to. AS was imaginative. When was the last time Solari called a misdirection play to slow the persuit of the defense? Why do we run play after play into the teeth of an 8 or 9 man front? Trich was a bigger loss than anyone expected, but theres no excuse for the vanilla playcalling we have. I thought the preseason ended a few weeks ago? If you dont take a deep shot on occasion to keep a defense honest, you are going to struggle to move the ball. Solari seems too content to throw 2 yard out patterns. Is this the type of game that Solari runs, or is it the Herm influence of dont take chances?

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
When was the last time Solari called a misdirection play to slow the persuit of the defense?

Yesterday. First play. Bootleg.

Why do we run play after play into the teeth of an 8 or 9 man front?

We passed 38 times.

If you dont take a deep shot on occasion to keep a defense honest, you are going to struggle to move the ball.

We took one yesterday. It was a double move and the corner didn't bite.

Solari seems too content to throw 2 yard out patterns.

I only remember one of those. We were running timing patterns all day yesterday and threw alot of play-action passes 15 yards down the field. Just like we did last year.

MIKE SOLARI'S OFFENSE IS OUTSCORING AL SAUNDERS' OFFENSE THIS YEAR.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Speaking of the bootleg...Arizona's use of it makes me wonder why Denver didn't use it against us week 2...

tk13
10-09-2006, 04:50 PM
The frustrating thing is, even with Huard, if we could put Roaf in a time machine and get him healthy, and get Welbourn back, I'd put us up against anyone in the AFC. We'd be a darn good football team. I haven't really thought about that until today, and I wish I hadn't.

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 04:51 PM
We were constantly blitzing off the edge to contain the bootleg in Denver.

Arizona had some success with it because they don't usually run it. We weren't expecting it.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I miss the Trent fake to Holmes, fake to Kennison on the reverse, and then sit there for an additional 4 seconds while Holmes sets up for a screen pass...that was like a 13 second play!

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Speaking of the bootleg...Arizona's use of it makes me wonder why Denver didn't use it against us week 2...Two words why, Tamba, and the other is Hali.

the Talking Can
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
we scored 23 on the road, with shitty tackles, a back-up QB and no run game.....Solari gets props for making this work...

with the status of our OL nothing is going to come easy or look pretty....but tell me someone isn't coaching their ass off when Huard throws for almost 300 yards and is a top 4 rated QB?

I've always complained that our coaches can't respond to adversity...they can't get good play out of back-ups the way the Pats routinely do...well, that isn't true any more...winning 2 games with Huard is an accomplishment to be proud of...

we should have won 3

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I miss the Trent fake to Holmes, fake to Kennison on the reverse, and then sit there for an additional 4 seconds while Holmes sets up for a screen pass...that was like a 13 second play!

We ran that in Week 1. I think I saw us setting it up in another game, too.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:54 PM
One time, Hali contained it well, but the other three or four times our ends bit badly.

And the bootleg works best, if ran correctly, if there are blitzes coming from the end...because the blitzer typically bites on the run play, leaving the flats wide open when the QB bootlegs.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 04:55 PM
The frustrating thing is, even with Huard, if we could put Roaf in a time machine and get him healthy, and get Welbourn back, I'd put us up against anyone in the AFC. We'd be a darn good football team. I haven't really thought about that until today, and I wish I hadn't.You really need to stop talking to Rainman.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Two words why, Tamba, and the other is Hali.
He stayed on contain one time, but he also bit on the run badly another time...

Baby Lee
10-09-2006, 04:56 PM
We had a fake handoff, with a fake reverse, that ended up in a big gain.

Short Leash Hootie
We ran that in Week 1. I think I saw us setting it up in another game, too.
when we ran it in week 1, it just wasn't the same...Trent looked like he wanted to cry when he realized he no longer had that 13 seconds that he was accustomed too...

We ran it week 2 against Denver but we didn't set up the screen at the end, Huard stepped up and threw it to a wide open Kennison, who could've probably scored a TD had he broken one tackle.

Calcountry
we scored 23 on the road, with shitty tackles, a back-up QB and no run game.....Solari gets props for making this work...

with the status of our OL nothing is going to come easy or look pretty....but tell me someone isn't coaching their ass off when Huard throws for almost 300 yards and is a top 4 rated QB?

I've always complained that our coaches can't respond to adversity...they can't get good play out of back-ups the way the Pats routinely do...well, that isn't true any more...winning 2 games with Huard is an accomplishment to be proud of...

we should have won 3No doubt about it, we are still in it this season after 4 games, an accomplishment nobody would have dared predict after the Green injury.

Including Vlad.

Short Leash Hootie
We had a fake handoff, with a fake reverse, that ended up in a big gain.
we also ran that shitty Johnson sweep to Kennison reverse...and if it wasn't for Kennison breaking 9 tackles, we would've lost about 17 yards...

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
By the way, after 4 games, I give Solari a B, and it would be an A- if it wasn't for the Cincy game...

Baby Lee
10-09-2006, 04:57 PM
we also ran that shitty Johnson sweep to Kennison reverse...and if it wasn't for Kennison breaking 9 tackles, we would've lost about 17 yards...
Nuh uhn. We ran up the center's butt 453 straight times.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Which I prefer...if we run the Peyton Manning stretch play, our tackles are already 9 yards in the backfield...so that wouldn't work. If we run our signature toss left, Black would've already missed his assignment, so that wouldn't work either...

beer bacon
10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
No doubt about it, we are still in it this season after 4 games, an accomplishment nobody would have dared predict after the Green injury.

Including Vlad.

Damon has an amazing 107.4 QB rating. That is good enough for 2nd in the NFL. He is also one of only two starting QBs with no interceptions.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Let's trade Huard and Dee Brown to Philly for McNabb...

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 05:06 PM

That's not shitty. It's worked in the past.

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I've never seen us run that play before...with our RB handing the ball off to our WR...

I've seen our QB fake to our RB and give it to our WR, a lot...but I haven't seen a toss reverse from the Chiefs in quite some time...maybe I just forget.

Raiderhader
10-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Lucky win?

What was lucky about it?

Beats the hell out of me. The Tards weren't giving us us much yesterday, we earned that victory the hard way.

StcChief
10-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Well played struggle on both.

Turn over points. Escaped -1 in turnovers don't happen, except the Deadbirds find a way to lose.....regularly.

Raiderhader
10-09-2006, 05:11 PM

So long as we don't run it very often. That was one of my major problems with Saunders, he would run the "keep 'em off balance" plays so often that they no longer caught anyone off gaurd because they were expected. I am all for those types of plays, but they have to be used sparingly (play fakes and screens the two exceptions to the rule).

the Talking Can
10-09-2006, 05:14 PM

look, it drives me crazy too...but the sad reality is that our Tackles can't run block and when we go wide LJ gets swallowed. At least up the middle we break 4-6 yarder once in a while...

it's the best of a terrible situation

Rising Sun
10-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Yesterday. First play. Bootleg.

We passed 38 times.

We took one yesterday. It was a double move and the corner didn't bite.

I only remember one of those. We were running timing patterns all day yesterday and threw alot of play-action passes 15 yards down the field. Just like we did last year.

MIKE SOLARI'S OFFENSE IS OUTSCORING AL SAUNDERS' OFFENSE THIS YEAR.

We may have passed 38 times, but look where they all went.

One double move will not stretch a defense.

Look at where some of the drives started for the offense. A block punted put us inside the 10. A pick put us down there as well. We didnt move the ball.

AS is in year 1 in Washington. He has to build his offense. You cant expect him to equal his numbers that he had here in his first year there.

Rising Sun
10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Glad we won, but can we bounce back from this lucky win and win our next 2 games?

Is our OL that bad or is it our 1st year OC lack of experience that is killing our glorious O. We need to convert these FG's to TD's when we get to the Red Zone if we want to play in the post season this year.

We can't rely on our D and ST to pull out wins for us.

2-2 not too shaabby!

We cant start drives inside the red zone and not get TDs out of them. That might work against the Arizonas of the NFL, but it wont cut it against good teams.

Easy 6
10-09-2006, 05:22 PM

we should have won 3
I'm scott free and i heartily approve this post :thumb:

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Guys...

Rushing wise...LJ's had ONE bad game, and ONE mediocre game. He ran well against Cincy (though the numbers weren't AMAZING) and he ran really well against Denver...

Let's wait two more games and then panic if things don't get righted.

I have a feeling the playbook is going to be WIDE open against Pittsburgh. We're going to have to establish the passing game and the reverse game early against Pittsburgh if we expect to run on their defense...and I think Herm and Solari understand that.

Of course, if we start shutting down Pitt's offense, we might go ultra-conservative as well, because the last thing we want is Pitt to score points off of our offense.

We'll see...

I think we're going to see a different game plan at Pittsburgh next week.

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
We may have passed 38 times, but look where they all went.

Um, it's not like everything was a five-yard pass. We threw lots of medium passes in the 15-20 yard range. We've never been a bombs-away team.

jidar
I think we're all getting away from one point the OP stated that really keeps occuring to me.

In the past few years we usually would lose this type of game.

You've got to learn to win these ugly games if you want to be a good team, particularly on the road. The fact that we were able to go on the road, play in an ugly game like this one, and come out with the win gives me a bit of pride and more than a little hope.

the Talking Can
We cant start drives inside the red zone and not get TDs out of them. That might work against the Arizonas of the NFL, but it wont cut it against good teams.

brilliant

Rising Sun
10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Um, it's not like everything was a five-yard pass. We threw lots of medium passes in the 15-20 yard range. We've never been a bombs-away team.

We didnt start throwing the medium passes until the 4th quarter. We shouldnt have to be in a pinch before we start trying to stretch the field a bit.

Count Alex's Losses
10-09-2006, 05:35 PM
We didnt start throwing the medium passes until the 4th quarter.

The first pass we threw was a 14-yard gain.

Rising Sun
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
The first pass we threw was a 14-yard gain.

Then we started all of these flanker screens and quick outs. You have to mix it up, something we arent doing.

chiefsfan1963
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
remember we beat 2 bad teams don't get cocky. if we lay an egg next week against the steelers we're not for real. if we win then we can start to see some evidence that this team can be a legit playoff team.

beer bacon
10-09-2006, 06:17 PM
The Chiefs are averaging 7.22 yards per pass attempt. That is 12th in the NFL.

Our completion percentage is 70.6%: 2nd in the NFL.