PDA

View Full Version : Next 3 games are critical and brutal .....

ROYC75
10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Oct 15 - at Pittsburgh, 4:15 PM
Oct 22 - vs. San Diego, 1:00 PM
Oct 29 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM

We must come out of these 2 - 1 , if we are sitting at 4-3 after 7 games, barring a **ck up, we should do well against the rest of the schedule. IMHO, The remaining schedule favors us if we can play at a high level.

Nov 5 - at St. Louis, 1:00 PM ......... ( should be a win )
Nov 12 - at Miami, 1:00 PM ........... ( should be a win )
Nov 19 - vs. Oakland, 1:00 PM .........( W )
Nov 23 - vs. Denver, 8:00 PM ..........( should be a win )
Dec 3 - at Cleveland, 1:00 PM .........( W)
Dec 10 - vs. Baltimore, 1:00 PM ........( should be a win )
Dec 17 - at San Diego, 4:05 PM ........( Probally a lost )
Dec 23 - at Oakland, 8:30 PM ...........( W )
Dec 31 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM .....( should be a win )

Now any of these games can be a lost if we play like crap, I know KC is very capable of that, any given Sunday.

The question is , Can this team win, continue to grow on defense and somehow find the solutions on offense ?

I do think the playoffs are in reach, how far we go , it's anybody's guess. Who expected Pittsburgh towin it all from the WC spot last year ?

I'm still holding my early season prediction, Herm breaks the tide, " No KC 1st year HC has made the playoffs " ! I still see us around 11 - 5, maybe even 12 - 4 if they take care of business like they are suppose to do.

Discuss .............

Lzen
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I think you're being pretty optimistic. And I'm not sure why you put at St. Louis as should be a win. Do you realize the Rams are 4-1?

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
We will probably lose the next 4 out of 5 games.

Count Zarth
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
We own the Rams!

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:45 PM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I call people homers.....thinking the Chiefs are going to win all those games you have W's by is outlandish. I wanna know how you can put "should be a win" next to Baltimore who hasn't lost a game?

Saulbadguy
10-08-2006, 07:46 PM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about when I call people homers.....thinking the Chiefs are going to win all those games you have W's by is outlandish. I wanna know how you can put "should be a win" next to Baltimore who hasn't lost a game?
ROY isn't a homer. He's a dumbass. Although, he will admit he is a dumbass...unlike yourself.

DaFace
10-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I think you're being pretty optimistic. And I'm not sure why you put at St. Louis as should be a win. Do you realize the Rams are 4-1?

St. Louis's wins came over

Denver (admittedly an accomplishment)
Arizona
Detroit
Green Bay

Their loss is to San Francisco.

They may be 4-1, but that's got to be one of the easist 5-game schedules in the NFL.

DaFace
10-08-2006, 07:48 PM

I think we'll probably lose to Baltimore and Jacksonville. The rest I agree with.

ROYC75
10-08-2006, 07:52 PM

I guess you have selective reading ? I said probally ..... that is an out for an L. Crap, for that matter, we could lose all of them.

Just saying if we take care of business, we should win those games. But per NFL rules, we must play them, just like today, we should have won easily, we didn't, we must continue to take care of ther teams we are suppose to win .

I could have been conservative and said 8 - 8, just to please the bandwagon fans.

I said IMHO, I think we will still get the 11 - 5 I predicted at the start of the year.

ROYC75
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
ROY isn't a homer. He's a dumbass. Although, he will admit he is a dumbass...unlike yourself.

OK, dickhead. :D

Count Zarth
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I think we'll probably lose to Baltimore and Jacksonville. The rest I agree with.

Depends on what kind of team we are later in the year. Hopefully Trent and Welbourn is back and we're clicking on offense.

With the way our defense is going to play at home this year, I think we can beat teams that have average-to-bad offenses like Baltimore and Jax.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
NOW ------------------------------ 2-2
Oct 15 - at Pittsburgh, 4:15 PM ---- L
Oct 22 - vs. San Diego, 1:00 PM --- L
Oct 29 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM ------- L
Nov 5 - at St. Louis, 1:00 PM ------- W
Nov 12 - at Miami, 1:00 PM --------- W
Nov 19 - vs. Oakland, 1:00 PM ------ W
Nov 23 - vs. Denver, 8:00 PM --------W
Dec 3 - at Cleveland, 1:00 PM -------- W
Dec 10 - vs. Baltimore, 1:00 PM------- L
Dec 17 - at San Diego, 4:05 PM ------- L
Dec 23 - at Oakland, 8:30 PM --------- W
Dec 31 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ---- L

final ------------------------------------ 8-8

Lzen
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
St. Louis's wins came over

Denver (admittedly an accomplishment)
Arizona
Detroit
Green Bay

Their loss is to San Francisco.

They may be 4-1, but that's got to be one of the easist 5-game schedules in the NFL.

Touche

Count Zarth
We're way better at home than Laz wants to give us credit for. 3-5?

Mecca
I guess you have selective reading ? I said probally ..... that is an out for an L. Crap, for that matter, we could lose all of them.

Just saying if we take care of business, we should win those games. But per NFL rules, we must play them, just like today, we should have won easily, we didn't, we must continue to take care of ther teams we are suppose to win .

I could have been conservative and said 8 - 8, just to please the bandwagon fans.

I said IMHO, I think we will still get the 11 - 5 I predicted at the start of the year.

With what I've seen so far and the rest of the schedule I say 5-11 or 6-10.

Rain Man
Personally, I think the next three games will be brutal and critical.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:56 PM

Those teams he picked to beat us are better teams.....hell you could make an arguement he was generous going 8-8.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Personally, I think the next three games will be brutal and critical.

So you're saying they're brutical...what a traveshamockery.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM

This team plays a hell of alot better at home don't you agree? I wouldn't put it as an automatic win but it is not an automatic loss either.

FAX
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

Oh, and LJ's neck.

FAX

htismaqe
NOW ------------------------------ 2-2
Oct 29 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM ------- L
Dec 31 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ---- L

final ------------------------------------ 8-8

I see us losing the next three.

Of the game you have marked as a FIVE GAME WINNING STREAK :D, I have to throw out something that nobody else has mentioned:

Cleveland is an improving team. Playing them at Cleveland to start December probably isn't going to be a gimme. I could see us losing at Miami (2nd game of a 2-game road trip) and I could see us losing either to the Rams or the Browns.

That puts us at 6-10.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
and we are waaay worse on the road than i give us credit for

we could easily lose @st. louis and @cleveland

we probably pull out a hard win or 2 ... but lose a WTF or 2 as well.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
This team plays a hell of alot better at home don't you agree? I wouldn't put it as an automatic win but it is not an automatic loss either.

All I know is, if the Chiefs were 4-0, and a 2-2 team that had beaten the 49ers and Cardinals said they were gonna beat us, I'd think they're fans were a bunch of homeristic fools.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Of the game you have marked as a FIVE GAME WINNING STREAK :D, I have to throw out something that nobody else has mentioned:

Cleveland is an improving team. Playing them at Cleveland to start December probably isn't going to be a gimme. I could see us losing at Miami (2nd game of a 2-game road trip) and I could see us losing either to the Rams or the Browns.

That puts us at 6-10.
you're always so negative ..... just can't stop bitching :shake:

JBucc
Ok, here's my new season predictions as of today:
Oct 29 - vs. Seattle, 1:00 PM ------- L -Trent returns here
Dec 31 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM ---- W -resting for playoffs, otherwise they'd kick our asses

9-7 Yay! Miss the playoffs, Trent retires, Drew Stanton here we come!

Mecca
and we are waaay worse on the road than i give us credit for

we probably pull out a hard win or 2 ... but lose a WTF or 2 as well.

You also didn't account for the fact that the Chiefs are historically bad in Miami.....other than last year.

ROYC75

Both of those games are at home, in the cold.

Baltimore is not as good as there unblemish record is. McNair is a major upgrade from Boller, right now there offense is in transition like our D is, like our offense is under Solari. It will only get better for both teams.

The Ravens D is strong, a very good challenge but I do like our chances at home.

Jacksonville is the last game of the year, playoff time for us as we need this win for playoff positioning......

The @ Pitt , @ St Louis game and @ SD are the ones that willprobally get us for the 5 loses..... But as gochiefs said, we own the Rams in the past and it's very possible this year as well since they are not as good as there record claims.

I still say 11 - 5 knowing we will give another one away somewhere, but the homer in me says 12 - 4 ........ now ya got something to chew on.

Count Zarth
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM

We might lose in St. Louis, but our defense will dominate Cleveland.

chiefsfan1963
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
based on what I've seen of our team this year our D will have done an amazing job if they manage to win 9 games this year.

based on what I've seen of our O we will be lucky to win 1 game.

I will be quite amazed to see them be better than 4-4 these next 8 games.

If they can go instead 6-2 and then 2-2 the rest of the way then a 10-6 record would be achieved with possible spot in the postseason.

htismaqe
10-08-2006, 08:01 PM
ROFL

That puts us at 6-10.

I say 5-11 or 6-10.

Mecca
Did he really say 12-4.........I want some of what he's on it's gonna be some strong drugs.

Rain Man
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.

Oh, and LJ's neck.

FAX

I think that was written by our new defensive tackle, Steve Williams.

chop
10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
The Chiefs need to win 2 out of the next three games. If the OLine plays good I think it will be totally possible but it's going to be difficult. The next three teams have very good defenses. I hope Arrowhead is rocking for the home games.

tk13
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Personally, I don't think the AFC is nearly as strong as in past years. I think we "can" beat any team on that schedule. We won't, but if we keep playing defense, we can keep ourselves in all of these games. Everybody props up Baltimore but everyone who's actually watched them play hasn't been that impressed save some last second heroics by McNair. Plus that game is a looong way away, let's see how things play out in terms of injuries and such. I think next week is going to be brutal but I think we can win the home games against SD and Seattle. It's at home, we usually do well against Tomlinson, and we have the talent to rattle Rivers at home. And with Seattle, we generally play NFC teams well at Arrowhead. Save the Chicago Bears, every single team in the NFL looks like it has glaring weaknesses right now, I wouldn't concede anything.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:03 PM
All I know is, if the Chiefs were 4-0, and a 2-2 team that had beaten the 49ers and Cardinals said they were gonna beat us, I'd think they're fans were a bunch of homeristic fools.

I am not disagreeing but this team plays like world beaters at home for the most part.

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Personally, I don't think the AFC is nearly as strong as in past years. I think we "can" beat any team on that schedule. We won't, but if we keep playing defense, we can keep ourselves in all of these games. Everybody props up Baltimore but everyone who's actually watched them play hasn't been that impressed save some last second heroics by McNair. Plus that game is a looong way away, let's see how things play out in terms of injuries and such. I think next week is going to be brutal but I think we can win the home games against SD and Seattle. It's at home, we usually do well against Tomlinson, and we have the talent to rattle Rivers at home. And with Seattle, we generally play NFC teams well at Arrowhead. Save the Chicago Bears, every single team in the NFL looks like it has glaring weaknesses right now, I wouldn't concede anything.

Yep that is how I feel.

Mecca
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I think San Diego's front 7 + our line=bad mix.

tk13
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
It's a terrible mix, but even with these horrible defenses the last 5 years, we've done a very good job against Tomlinson, and Rivers is still learning and making mistakes, and he's never had to start inside Arrowhead. We probably won't even be favored in that game but we're not completely overmatched, especially with the home crowd.

ROYC75
10-08-2006, 08:07 PM

I still think we split with them.........

As for the drugs, yes I have been on them for some time, but I still have my mind, or at least the part that isn't fried !
:hmmm:

tk13
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Yep that is how I feel.
I don't think people are looking at the big picture at all. The entire AFC looks down. I don't think anybody can truly tell me who the definitive AFC favorite is right now. Baltimore probably will be if they can go beat Denver... but they're also riding with a QB who always gets hurt and hasn't played great anyway. San Diego has Marty, Cincy has looked very good but got dismantled by New England, so they're not perfect. New England hasn't even looked that good. Denver might really be my AFC favorite at this point, just because they have the best defense.

The Colts are 5-0 but their run defense is atrocious right now. They have been totally mauled a couple times and escaped. It might really come down to who gets hot at the end, just like Pittsburgh last year. If we get Trent Green back, we could be in that mix. I think any of the last three years this Chiefs team would probably have no shot, and we still have a lot of work to do, but I wouldn't concede this season quite yet. Just take it a week at a time and see where we stand.

Iowanian
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't think anyone can accurately predict the outcome of this season. I think as much as anything else at this point, it depends how healthy the Chiefs get, or who may end up injured.

Right now, the Chiefs are a wounded team....and still 2-2.

If LJ isn't hurt and can play, and hopefully better, Green comes back, the Oline heals up and finds itself(who thinks Welbourne comes back?)

The Defense is playing good football, and the banged up offense, missing 2 OTs, the starting QB, the backup RB, among others.....is holding it together.

The next 3 games are rough. At Pitt, with Huard is likely an L.

Seattle is good, but they're beatable, and may not have Alexander back yet. Sandy Eggo at home is still a tough game, but if Green is back....is a winnable game. If Green is back, 2-1 is attainable, if not....1-2 is probable.

ROYC75
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, since Mecca is sooo gloom and doom, I was try'n to be an optimist.

I'm usually pretty harsh about out team play or a certain player. But as I look over this remaining schedule, just like " Any Given Sunday " ...... I do feel that we can get the 11 - 5 record. FTR, I can see us with the injuries and it getting worst too ..... much worst, even ( Mecca )gloom and doom type of worst.

With this said, I hope it doesn't jix the team, after all, " You Play To Win The Game ", right ?

dirk digler
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't think people are looking at the big picture at all. The entire AFC looks down. I don't think anybody can truly tell me who the definitive AFC favorite is right now. Baltimore probably will be if they can go beat Denver... but they're also riding with a QB who always gets hurt and hasn't played great anyway. San Diego has Marty, Cincy has looked very good but got dismantled by New England, so they're not perfect. New England hasn't even looked that good. Denver might really be my AFC favorite at this point, just because they have the best defense.

The Colts are 5-0 but their run defense is atrocious right now. They have been totally mauled a couple times and escaped. It might really come down to who gets hot at the end, just like Pittsburgh last year. If we get Trent Green back, we could be in that mix. I think any of the last three years this Chiefs team would probably have no shot, and we still have a lot of work to do, but I wouldn't concede this season quite yet. Just take it a week at a time and see where we stand.

Spot on Tk.

I bet alot of people lost money today thinking that the Colts would destroy the Titans. On the first Titans TD drive they started at their 10 yd line and they didn't throw once and they stuffed it down the Colts D.

CoMoChief
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM

The Rams haven't played anyone thats worth a shit. DEN the first couple weeks played like shit as well. Every game they've won they've pulled out of their ass.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I predicted 11-5 at the start of the season, and so far I'm still right on expect for I predicted we would beat Cincy and lose to Arizona.

at Pittsburgh L
San Diego W
Seattle W
at St. Louis W
at Miami L
Oakland W
Denver W
at Cleveland W
Baltimore W
at San Diego L
at Oakland W
Jacksonville W

Outside of Pittsburgh and San Diego, the really hard games are at Arrowhead (SD, Sea, Balt, Jax) and we are a totally different animal at Arrowhead. We have a real good shot at finishing well.