PDA

View Full Version : Marty's in over his head!

ROYC75
01-05-2001, 10:33 AM
Marty has alot of problems in DC,old players,salary cap problems,QB problems,Kicking problems,just to much for a guy that has 2 jobs to look over!

He must draft well to replace the veterans he has,still play the veterans,and not get over to much on the cap to pay the draft choices.

What a headache that is going to be...I wish him well! Anybody else feels he is in over his head?

DJay23
01-06-2001, 08:55 AM
I agree. There is just too much to manage in that situation. If he were just the head coach I would say he could do it, but that second title of head of football operations is going to sink him. It seems that very few people in the modern era have been able to pull one of these double duty jobs off consistently.

milkman
01-06-2001, 08:56 AM
Roy,
You may well be right. Marty may be in over his head. I am hoping, however, that he finds a way to match the same kind of success in DC as he did here in KC. That is, get a lot of regular season wins, only to be bounced out of the playoffs in the first round by lesser teams.
I'd like to see Marty as the coach with the most regular season wins, without a championship, in NFL history.
Have I ever told you, I don't like Marty.

Warrior5
01-06-2001, 11:33 AM
ROYC75,
You forgot to mention add all of those egos to Marty's headaches.
Don't forget, as the GM he can simply hire assistants to help him manage.

Archie F. Swin
01-06-2001, 05:22 PM
I hope he makes use of Skip Hicks . . . if Skip is still a Redskin