PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE Tell Solari East-West Passing..

petegz28
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Is NOT how you score touchdown.

Jesus Christ how many times did we throw that stupid quick hitter to the WR for 2 yards?

After the 5th time I was so irate even the Cards fans were telling me to chill

Tony G. caught what 1 pass???

This guy sucks

trndobrd
10-08-2006, 10:00 PM
It can be effective in really soft coverage to get a quick 5-7 yards, and it can get the CB to play up for a shot down the field.

Running the same thing again and again didn't really accomplish much except pad the tackling stats for the CBs.

Basileus777
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
It can work if the CBs are giving a big cushion and you have WRs who are good after the catch (which we don't have).

B_Ambuehl
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Arizona cornerbacks had struggled with that play all year long.

Bald but Beautiful
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I agree you should never throw this pass unless there is a cushion and each time the Chiefs tried it the CB was playing up. You would think that Huard should be seeing if the corner is up or not and then decide to throw it. Could be Huard's fault as much as Solari's.

milkman
10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I agree you should never throw this pass unless there is a cushion and each time the Chiefs tried it the CB was playing up. You would think that Huard should be seeing if the corner is up or not and then decide to throw it. Could be Huard's fault as much as Solari's.

Huard probably has very limited audible responsibility, so really won't be able to change the play.

FAX
10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Good point, Mr. Bald but Beautiful.

I've noticed that Downfield Damon doesn't seem to check down receivers. It appears to me that he tends to go with his first option and doesn't look off the defense. That could be because he's throwing so many short passes that there's no point in or time to check off. Or, it could be that it's lack of experience. Or, it could be that he's still working on the playbook. Or, it could be that I'm wrong.

FAX

UteChief
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I would like to see Huard pump fake the out and see if the receiver can break one long.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I suspect its more or less a result of our inconsistant to horrendous pass blocking or there are certain throws or routes they dont trust Huard to make.

CosmicPal
10-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Uhhh, Arizona was pulling the same stuff on us. Everytime we dropped into a zone they pulled that for 5, 8, 10 yd plays.

MadMax
10-08-2006, 10:18 PM

Jesus Christ how many times did we throw that stupid quick hitter to the WR for 2 yards?

This guy sucks

I agree,that is the most i've ever seen a WR screen thrown in a game.. :cuss: :cuss: They need to take that play out of Solari's playbook to keep him from masturbating it the whole game. THAT PLAY IS FREAKIN WORTHLESS! :shake:

trndobrd
10-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I would like to see Huard pump fake the out and see if the receiver can break one long.

I was thinking they were trying to set up something like that. Guess not.

Mr. Kotter
10-08-2006, 10:47 PM

He will. They are saving that for Pittsburg! :D

Halfcan
10-08-2006, 10:50 PM
How about we take a few shots at the endzone when we are inside the 10. My god the play calling sucked. You could predict just about every play beforehand. Where is all the motion and shifting?

Mr. Kotter
10-08-2006, 10:53 PM
How about we take a few shots at the endzone when we are inside the 10. My god the play calling sucked. You could predict just about every play beforehand. Where is all the motion and shifting?

They are still protecting Huard, trying to not ask him to do things he can't do yet....I suspect they may open up the playbook with him the next couple of weeks....but especially against the Chargers and Marty.... :hmmm:

irishjayhawk
10-08-2006, 10:59 PM
They are still protecting Huard, trying to not ask him to do things he can't do yet....I suspect they may open up the playbook with him the next couple of weeks....but especially against the Chargers and Marty.... :hmmm:

Agreed! :clap:

Halfcan
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM

You play to win-all out-it is the NFL, you can't protect anyone be playing not to screw up.

Still, the play calling is horrible.

Mr. Kotter
10-08-2006, 11:10 PM
You play to win-all out-it is the NFL, you can't protect anyone be playing not to screw up.

Still, the play calling is horrible.

With a back-up QB? That's thrown a but a handfull of passes in the NFL prior to Green going down? I don't think so.

Could the play-calling have been better? Sure. But they got the job done. On the road....in a game many had predicted as an "L" before the season began? I'll take it.....even if it wasn't pretty.

I'm just hoping they saved something for Pittsburg....cause win that game, and we could be "cooking".....:hmmm:

KC Jones
10-08-2006, 11:21 PM

Yeah!

(Except for the Broncos playing well with Plumber on a leash, or the Ravens having Dilfer on a leash and getting to the SB, or ...)

Huard + our pass blocking + Cards D-line != long developing pass plays with downfield shots.

I'm perfectly fine with Huard checking down to safety valves a lot and Solari calling lots of swing passes, screens, and WR screens. Frankly, that gives us a better chance to win than having Huard try to be something he's not.

Logical
10-08-2006, 11:29 PM

This guy sucks:rolleyes:

petegz28
10-08-2006, 11:36 PM
:rolleyes:

So you think 5 passes for 8 yards o so to our WR's and 1 pass too TG is good play calling?

You must be out of your mind.

Any OC that calls only 1 play to TG is a dumb ass.

Psyko Tek
10-08-2006, 11:59 PM
TG needs to be used as a slot reciever, or full back or something
kris wilson had more recieving yards than KC's future hall of famer?
tain't right dude

Mr. Kotter
10-09-2006, 12:16 AM
So you think 5 passes for 8 yards o so to our WR's and 1 pass too TG is good play calling?

You must be out of your mind.

Any OC that calls only 1 play to TG is a dumb ass.

Do you REALLY think they only called TG's number once? :spock:

petegz28
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Do you REALLY think they only called TG's number once? :spock:

dude you must be sick. he threw to TG once. ONCE! If TG isn't triple covered he is open. We hardly threw the ball down field at all. Instead it was that quick hit WR play over and over.

Little info..you aren't going to get teams to drop back if you don't go DOWN FIELD.

2bikemike
10-09-2006, 01:10 AM
I believe the play calling is more about covering up for a weak O-line. They want Huard to get rid of the ball quick.

ChiefFan31
10-09-2006, 01:18 AM
The only thing I saw that we should stop doing is trying to run ANYTHING laterally to the left (Jordan Black)

Good Grief.

mcan
10-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Those WR screens and lateral passes actually won us the game today.

Arizona was stacking 8 men in the box consistantly and playing man coverage quite a bit. Most of our running game was being shut down and there was no way we were going to be able to consistantly do seven step dropback passes. So, our alternative was to take what we could get, where we could get it. Tony was being MAULED off the line, and Huff got called for it once. (should have gotten more). We also took some of the steam out of the strides of the defensive ends by throwing three step drops. We also made our quarterback feel comfortably by giving him easier throws, and keeping people out of his face. The only time we were totally ineffective was when balls were getting batted down at the line.

Lastly, on any one of those plays, if someone were to make a tackler miss, we were going to break a big play... Oh wait... I do believe Larry Johnson made the game winning play on our last drive on a check down where he made a guy miss... So, maybe we shouldn't stow thrones...

Gaz
10-09-2006, 05:40 AM
I believe the play calling is more about covering up for a weak O-line. They want Huard to get rid of the ball quick.

I belive this is the correct interpretation.

xoxo~
Gaz
Misses Roaf almost as much as Johnson, Huard and Gonzalez do.

crispystl420
10-09-2006, 05:44 AM

\The Kennison reeverse I had pegged. I knew that play was gonna be areverse before they even got completley lined up.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree,that is the most i've ever seen a WR screen thrown in a game.. :cuss: :cuss: They need to take that play out of Solari's playbook to keep him from masturbating it the whole game. THAT PLAY IS FREAKIN WORTHLESS! :shake:Didn't they fake that play to the right, or something similar quick hitting, and then screen to LJ on the left for the game winning play?

petegz28
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I am not impressed with Solari so far. I want to see more north-south running and passing. Slants work well if you need to get the ball out....but SHEESH quit throwing to a WR that hasn't even taken 2 steps yet. Notice when we started throwing down the field the Cards pass rush lightened up?