PDA

View Full Version : NFLSCOOP.COM: RAMS PRESIDENT SPEAKS OUT AGAINST PETERSON

LowtekSH
01-04-2001, 05:48 PM
NFLScoop.com will soon be posting an in-depth article on the latest developments in the Vermeil situation including these quotes from Rams president John Shaw...here's a preview:

"I spoke to Carl several times late yesterday afternoon, and, told him that I move our ownership to a point where they wouldn't deny him the opportunity to coach, but I wasn't quite comfortable with it...I would want to think about this a little bit further. And that we would ultimately, if we did grant permission, ultimately want to work out the compensation issue. And had dinner with Georgia last night, and after having dinner I really felt uncomfortable with it because it's so atypical of Dick not to have called us and told us it was going on. As the night evolved I was more nervous about it. Then this morning I told Carl Peterson that at this time we would not grant permission."

j molina
01-04-2001, 07:01 PM
http://www.postnet.com/postnet/stories.nsf/Sports/052A57231823A9A3862569CA0023D4CC?OpenDocument&Headline=Vermeil%20will%20be%20out%20to%20prove%20his%20way%20is%20the%20right%20way

Here's a link to the Post-Dispatch ONLINE concerning the latest Vermeil rumor.

JM

Bricky
01-04-2001, 07:14 PM
Last year they all loved Vermeil, now, according to the article in the Post Dispatch, Vermeil didn't do anything to help them win the Super Bowl. Martz was the mastermind and they wouldn't have won this year with Vermeil there anyway.

Can you say fickle?

Joe Seahawk
01-04-2001, 07:39 PM
Reminds me of the Colorado papers after Neuheisel left...Sour Grapes.

TheFly
01-04-2001, 07:58 PM
Just remember, based on my many years out here in SoCal watching John Shaw and how he operates, he will do everything in his power to squeeze every last dime he can out of Vermeil and anything else he can get, whether he has an agreement on paper or not.

For what it's worth, I think Shaw has no legal standing and is going to bluff his way to getting some extra draft picks. If I were Lamar, I'd open my checkbook, give Shaw $2million and tell him to get lost.<BR>

ct
01-05-2001, 10:34 AM
I seem to remember a few Chiefs fans, who until recently, had said much the same thing Rams fans are saying now. That Vermeil was overrated, really didn't have any right to claim he was responsible, blahblahblah.

Now, he's a proven winner, a motivational and coaching mentor guru, yadayadayada.

So yes, I can say fickle!!!

ct
just an observation folks