PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Heroes" the series discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

oaklandhater
10-09-2006, 09:20 AM
New episode tonight

One Giant Leap
Claire attempts to live a normal social life when her romance with the football quarterback takes a tragic turn. Hiro convinces his friend that it's their destiny to travel to America to save the world. Niki's scared but follows instructions from a mysterious, unknown source that sends her to the middle of the desert.

Meanwhile, Nathan uses Peter's accident for his own politcal gain. The FBI and Matt are on Sylar's trail, as is Suresh, whose father's journal contains potential clues.

oaklandhater
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/story.html?story_id=6622&tag=headlines;title;0&om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh

By Colin Mahan - TV.com

Superhero drama is first of the freshman shows to earn award; NBC sued by garbage-disposal maker for scene in pilot.

Heroes NBC's new superhero drama Heroes has been given a full-season pickup from the network.

In week one, Heroes won the time period in adults 18-49 and came in second in overall viewers. Week two saw ratings hold steady for the story of ordinary people who discover they possess superpowers.

"Heroes has delivered exceptional ratings since its premiere, and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," said NBC TV president Kevin Reilly. "The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation."

NBC has received a lot of positive feedback from critics this season, but not so much from TV viewers. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip premiered underwhelmingly, Friday Night Lights struck out, and production on Kidnapped will stop once the show's 13-episode commitment is finished.

One gray cloud for Heroes: Appliance maker Emerson Electrics is suing NBC for using its product without authorization in a scene from the show's pilot. The scene depicts teen cheerleader Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) accidentally sticking her hand into the In-Sink-Erator, only to find the mangled appendage quickly repairing itself.

Emerson wants NBC to stop airing the scene in repeats and in syndication

Guru
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/story.html?story_id=6622&tag=headlines;title;0&om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh

By Colin Mahan - TV.com

Superhero drama is first of the freshman shows to earn award; NBC sued by garbage-disposal maker for scene in pilot.

Heroes NBC's new superhero drama Heroes has been given a full-season pickup from the network.

In week one, Heroes won the time period in adults 18-49 and came in second in overall viewers. Week two saw ratings hold steady for the story of ordinary people who discover they possess superpowers.

"Heroes has delivered exceptional ratings since its premiere, and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," said NBC TV president Kevin Reilly. "The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation."

NBC has received a lot of positive feedback from critics this season, but not so much from TV viewers. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip premiered underwhelmingly, Friday Night Lights struck out, and production on Kidnapped will stop once the show's 13-episode commitment is finished.

One gray cloud for Heroes: Appliance maker Emerson Electrics is suing NBC for using its product without authorization in a scene from the show's pilot. The scene depicts teen cheerleader Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) accidentally sticking her hand into the In-Sink-Erator, only to find the mangled appendage quickly repairing itself.

Emerson wants NBC to stop airing the scene in repeats and in syndication

Oh good lord. :shake:

oaklandhater
10-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Oh good lord. :shake:

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?tid=97888&ref_id=17552&ref_type=101&tag=headlines;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh

"Heroes" Lawsuit Down the Drain
Thursday October 5 2:07 AM ET

By Natalie Finn

Hopefully you got a good glimpse last week of the teenage girl's hand being mangled by a garbage disposal, because you might not get to see it again.

Disposal maker Emerson filed a federal lawsuit Monday against NBC to prevent the network from re-airing the pilot episode of the new drama Heroes, which featured one of the title characters demonstrating her superhuman healing prowess by sticking her hand down the drain.

Emerson, obviously concerned that the series' 14.1 million viewers last week were busy looking at the disposal brand instead of Claire the cheerleader's bloody hand, claimed in its petition that NBC Universal Television Studios didn't have the right to show the St. Louis-area company's In-Sink-Erator product and is looking to prohibit any further use by the network of the Emerson trademark.

The lawsuit further stated that the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that the appliance "will cause debilitating and severe injuries, including the loss of fingers, in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Not that Emerson is saying you should try this at home or anything. And neither is Heroes, for that matter.

Guru
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?tid=97888&ref_id=17552&ref_type=101&tag=headlines;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh

"Heroes" Lawsuit Down the Drain
Thursday October 5 2:07 AM ET

By Natalie Finn

Hopefully you got a good glimpse last week of the teenage girl's hand being mangled by a garbage disposal, because you might not get to see it again.

Disposal maker Emerson filed a federal lawsuit Monday against NBC to prevent the network from re-airing the pilot episode of the new drama Heroes, which featured one of the title characters demonstrating her superhuman healing prowess by sticking her hand down the drain.

Emerson, obviously concerned that the series' 14.1 million viewers last week were busy looking at the disposal brand instead of Claire the cheerleader's bloody hand, claimed in its petition that NBC Universal Television Studios didn't have the right to show the St. Louis-area company's In-Sink-Erator product and is looking to prohibit any further use by the network of the Emerson trademark.

The lawsuit further stated that the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that the appliance "will cause debilitating and severe injuries, including the loss of fingers, in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Not that Emerson is saying you should try this at home or anything. And neither is Heroes, for that matter.

My sink says In-sink-erator too but it has a Kenmore underneath. Not that it matters. They should not win this frivolous lawsuit.

This is TV. You don't see everyone running around screaming Damnit llike Jack Bauer do you?

Guru
10-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Another good showing tonight. Great ending too.

Baby Lee
10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Wax Lion. Heee!!!!

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/fa/5b/ba_12.JPG

Adept Havelock
10-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Ok, I don't watch the show, but what's up with the "Schtupp the Cheerleader, Schtupp the World" ads?

Baby Lee
10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Ok, I don't watch the show, but what's up with the "Schtupp the Cheerleader, Schtupp the World" ads?
The geeky Asian who can bend time and space comes back from the future looking all Ultra Peanut's avatar-ey, to tell another hero that he needs to get that message to him [the Geeky Asian of the present], ASAP.

Oh, and there's a cheerleader who regenerates a la Wolverine, whose foster dad appears to be one of the bad guys.

beavis
10-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Anyone know where I could watch tonight's episode online? I missed the first 30 minutes. :banghead:

Valiant
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Anyone know where I could watch tonight's episode online? I missed the first 30 minutes. :banghead:

Well as long as you seen the girl die at the end of episode you did not miss too much... :)

beavis
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Well as long as you seen the girl die at the end of episode you did not miss too much... :)
She better not be dead...

Adept Havelock
10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
The geeky Asian who can bend time and space comes back from the future looking all Ultra Peanut's avatar-ey, to tell another hero that he needs to get that message to him [the Geeky Asian of the present], ASAP.

Oh, and there's a cheerleader who regenerates a la Wolverine, whose foster dad appears to be one of the bad guys.

:eek: .......:hmmm:

It might be worth while to go dig the first few episodes up and check this out. I've heard some of the other plotlines, and a few sound intriguing. Damn, it's been a long time since I followed 4 shows in a TV season. I may end up picking up a fifth here. Thanks.

LV Tim
10-30-2006, 09:43 PM

You can see the episode tomorrow at www.cbs.com (as well as the other episodes).

Guru
10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
You can see the episode tomorrow at www.cbs.com (as well as the other episodes).

Well, that is interesting. Considering the show airs on NBC. :rolleyes:

Amnorix
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Valiant
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
She better not be dead...

Oh yeah I forgot it comes on Friday nights here in KC also...

Valiant
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Good show. My wife and I both like it alot. It's a X-Men rip off of sorts, but who cares. Very solid so far.

Actually I would say more Unbreakable as it tries to be more realistic unlike the marvel/dc comic movies... They do a fantastic job with the show just to many ****ing commercials...

LV Tim
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Well, that is interesting. Considering the show airs on NBC. :rolleyes:

Oops. My bad. I bet you can guess it is at www.nbc.com.

Fruit Ninja
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Best show i seen in a while. I am hooked on it, and i am not even a sci fi geek.

And Commercials never happen when you download the torrents <3 downloads.

Baby Lee
10-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Wax Lion. Heee!!!!
Anyone else catch it?

Wrasse
10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Amnorix
10-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah, you missed like one minute, really. Not much happens there.

patteeu
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Anyone else catch it?

I didn't. Please explain.

runnercyclist
10-31-2006, 08:51 AM
We tivoed it and missed the last 5 minutes (guessing).

We saw the guy who sees paints the future (Isaac) open the door to the chick who is keeping an eye on Mohinder and then...'would you like to delete this program?'.

Can anyone fill me in? :)

I now have it set to record 5 minutes over (we usually are there to watch it so haven't had this issue).

Thanks!

*edit*

Bah...nevermind...it's up online. :)

Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

jidar
10-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Must have been a nationwide thing 'cause our Tivo did the same thing.

We were like...what?

Missed the previews for next week too.

Great show. I like Jerico too.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

Networks have been tappering shows on purpose to defeat DVRs. Nothing new.

Baby Lee
10-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Dishnetwork got it right. But it usually pads, and it was padding for sure since there was no Studio 60 or CSI Miami to record in the 9CST hour.

Baby Lee
10-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I didn't. Please explain.
Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

patteeu
10-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Not sure how much you need explained, so I'l try to be comprehensive.

1. Wax Lion was one of those 'created while you watch' souvenirs [like the penny that's pressed into a picture of The Arch, or the Ashtray pressed from an aluminum billet at the Museum of Science and Industry], at a Niagara Falls gift shop where the star of Wonderfalls [one of the many criminally cancelled Fox shows] worked. Only it's head got crushed, . . . Oh, and it talked to our star and gave her ambigious advice.
2. Brian Fuller is a producer on Heroes, and was the co-creator of Wonderfalls.
3. Wax Lion was on the bedside table of Niki when she first woke up.

Ah, thanks. I needed the whole thing. I never saw wonderfalls although I've heard people around here rave about it. As a result, it's not surprising that I didn't even notice the Wax Lion on the bedside table.

HolmeZz
11-02-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm hoping the good Nikki died when DL phased into her chest. I think it'll improve her character. I got kinda annoyed at how often she'd morph between good and bad. I thought they should've just given her a doppelganger that could morph out of her.

It also annoyed me at the beginning that Claire would seemingly find a way to die everyday. I know the whole show isn't realistic, but I thought it was overkill(no pun intended) that she'd constantly get herself killed.

I'm curious as to how far in the future Future Hiro was. It's gotta be fairly distant seeing as he has mastered the english language and dropped the accent. Also, according to what Hiro said, Peter apparently gains a scar on his face at some point in the future. Hope they follow through well with the rest of the series.

If you've missed any episodes, you can watch them here: http://tvlinks.voodeedoo.org/Heroes_links.html

The Sci-Fi Channel also re-airs the episodes.

Baby Lee
11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Something I did not know.

Adrian Pasdar - Nathan Patrelli, the smarmy politician older brother, is married to Dixie Dumpling Natalie Maines.

HolmeZz
11-09-2006, 05:19 PM

Adrian Pasdar - Nathan Patrelli, the smarmy politician older brother, is married to Dixie Dumpling Natalie Maines.

Yup. Pretty gross.

chappy
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
thanks for the link i tryed to search for it but couldn't find it? do you know where i can check out the preview for the next show?

chappy
11-14-2006, 10:52 AM

wasn't he also in top gun?

Chief Chief
11-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes, according to www.imdb.com, he played Chipper in "Top Gun".

Taco John
12-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Is Nathan Patrelli the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith?

Best series of all time... Well, at least so far I think that. I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.

Guru
12-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Is Nathan Patrelli the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith?

Best series of all time... Well, at least so far I think that. I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.

Do you mean Peter Patrelli?

Taco John
12-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Do you mean Peter Patrelli?

Hmmm... That's right. I'm getting their names mixed. I do mean Peter. Not the dickhead. The power sucker (for lack of a better term).

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 03:40 AM
I can't remember ever enjoying a series on a week to week basis as much as I do this one.I agree. I just hope they don't go the "Lost" route. (with the symbols and all) A little bit of mystery is great, but if you're going to raise questions, answer a few now and then.

Guru
12-07-2006, 03:54 AM
I agree. I just hope they don't go the "Lost" route. (with the symbols and all) A little bit of mystery is great, but if you're going to raise questions, answer a few now and then.
Don't even compare this show to Lost. I don't want to ruin it.

Fairplay
12-07-2006, 06:21 AM
I decided if i could only have one of those powers that those people had it would be the power of suggestion that one chick has.

Dartgod
12-07-2006, 06:54 AM
I decided if i could only have one of those powers that those people had it would be the power of suggestion that one chick has.
No shit. I would have "willed" our defense into making a stop against the Browns last week. :cuss:

MOhillbilly
12-07-2006, 06:55 AM
No shit. I would have "willed" our defense into making a stop against the Browns last week. :cuss:

ROFL

foxman
12-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Any thoughts on what the ending meant from this past show?

My take is that Peter has gained strength from the Radioactive guy and it takes Claire to heal him. With that being said, that is far too easy an explanation and I have little doubt it more complicated than that. :hmmm:

patteeu
12-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Any thoughts on what the ending meant from this past show?

My take is that Peter has gained strength from the Radioactive guy and it takes Claire to heal him. With that being said, that is far too easy an explanation and I have little doubt it more complicated than that. :hmmm:

That sounds like a pretty good theory to me.

ExtremeChief
12-07-2006, 08:37 AM
When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

Amnorix
12-07-2006, 08:53 AM
When was Peter around the radioactive dude?

He hasn't been, yet, that I know about.

Redrum_69
12-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I like Lemon Meringue pie

Amnorix
12-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Oh, one further thought -- emits nuclear radiation -- just about the least cool, least useful, least sexy power ever. Talk about not being able to get chicks with it... Only Claire could survive a relationship with him (not that he'd turn that down or anything). :eek:

ExtremeChief
12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

Anyong Bluth
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

Wrasse
12-07-2006, 09:45 AM
I enjoy the show save for one issue that I have with it...maybe I missed something that explains it but I'm having a hard time believing there is some crazy mathematical formula that figures out who is 'special'. It doesn't make much sense to me...I'm sure they'll go into it a little more but, if anyone has any other details, please share. So far I've gathered that Mohinder's dad put together some formula that resulted in a list of names...maybe I just got that part wrong. :)

Anyong Bluth
12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person

Wrasse
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking that he probably did something along the lines of finding a group of people he knew had the powers traced back generations to look for patterns and then applied that across the board in some "6 degrees of" way. Its not like the list is complete with every person
Well that would make much more sense.

I hope they go into detail on this point...I must know! :P

foxman
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I think when Peter came in contact with Sylar it meant that he could not only take on peoples powers when he was around them but now can keep them like Sylar and if you watch he is getting sick b/c he is taking on so many new powers and that he will either come in contact w/ the radioactive guy or all the heroes being close to him at once will cause him to overload, and the key is Nikki in being able to split her powers off into separate part to prevent him from blowing up.

Just my thoughts.

I wondered what the point of him being sick was, especially considering that he was getting sick while in the presence of Claire. It would seem that her presence would have kept that from hapening.

patteeu
12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Peter was around Sylar for the flying leap. It's no telling what all he could have.

It isn't at all clear to me that Peter retains the powers that he absorbs from heroes around him. AFAICT, unlike Sylar, he just borrows those powers for as long as the other hero is nearby. Am I wrong about this?

Anyong Bluth
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

patteeu
12-07-2006, 12:22 PM
but once he came in contact w/ Sylar he picked up his power to absorb other's powers, so now when he comes into contact w/ people he picks up their power and unlike Sylar doesn't have to lop off their head to get it.

Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?

Tinlar
12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Was there anything in the show that demonstrates that or is that a theory?
Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

patteeu
12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Clare ran away, Peter's leg was still broken... cops come.. Peter notices his leg is still broken and mends it... Clare is already so far away the cops couldn't even see her.

OK, maybe. I'm not sure it was ever clear how close Peter had to be to the other hero to use their powers to begin with, but maybe you're right. It will be interesting to see more when the spring season starts.

Taco John
12-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure if I buy the idea that Peter can absorb others powers and keep them yet, but I'm open-minded to the idea. Seems to me that Claire may have been in the vicinity enough to make it work. But it could make sense... As I mentioned before, I think that they are setting things up so that Peter is the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith.

But I have to wonder what happens when Peter gets around Nicki. Does he gain another personality and super strength? And if so, is that personality evil as well? I haven't quite figured out where the whole Nicki (and company) story line is going yet. With the others, you at least see a direction towards New York.

Also, I don't think we've seen the last of the abilities by a long shot. That picture of Hiro and the Dragon was wicked. Makes me think that perhaps shape shifting becomes a power. Any thoughts on that?

"I'm going to have to get that sword"

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Looked like a T-rex to me.

Taco John
12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Looked like a T-rex to me.

It kinda looked like it was breathing fire or something... Or perhaps you're right, and Hiro teleports back too far or something...

This show is a mystery. :)

Anyong Bluth
12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Or its a throw off and He's in a museum in NY.... and they have a T-Rex?

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 10:39 PM
It kinda looked like it was breathing fire or something... Or perhaps you're right, and Hiro teleports back too far or something...

This show is a mystery. :)Yep. I just hope it doesnt get as twisted as Lost. As it is right now, it rocks. I'm a big fan.

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Also (random thoughts here) Future-Hiro seems like a badass.

I wanna see what these guys are like when they fully understand and can control these powers.

Valiant
12-07-2006, 11:31 PM

Just my thoughts.

He is sick because claire left and he was not fullly healed then had the new vision of the future (thats my take..)... Thats cool if he can keep powers he obsorbed but that would make him too powerful...

Valiant
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM

Sylar does not absorb powers he steals them.. That is why he chops open their head so he can see how they tick and then does it to himself to improve him... agian my take on it...

Valiant
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM

The power fades away from him, that is why he was getting sick from the rest of the internal bleeding..

Of course they(writers) may not know either because they were not sure if the show would be a hit..

Peter cannot fly..
Peter cannot stop time..
Peter can see the future now though..
And Peter got sick after the fall..

So it is confusing..

Valiant
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure if I buy the idea that Peter can absorb others powers and keep them yet, but I'm open-minded to the idea. Seems to me that Claire may have been in the vicinity enough to make it work. But it could make sense... As I mentioned before, I think that they are setting things up so that Peter is the Neo to Sylar's Agent Smith.

But I have to wonder what happens when Peter gets around Nicki. Does he gain another personality and super strength? And if so, is that personality evil as well? I haven't quite figured out where the whole Nicki (and company) story line is going yet. With the others, you at least see a direction towards New York.

Also, I don't think we've seen the last of the abilities by a long shot. That picture of Hiro and the Dragon was wicked. Makes me think that perhaps shape shifting becomes a power. Any thoughts on that?

"I'm going to have to get that sword"

I think his ass just teleported to the past 5million years ago...

mylittlepony
12-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Oh, just got through watching this one. What Powers can we attribute Sylar?

Tele-kenesis
Perfect Memory
Persuasion (most likely)
Freezing people (one of his victims was completly frozen)

And also it seems that Isaac can only paint the future of the other "Heros", so who was in the suicide bombing. The rest of them had some connection to some "hero" didnt they?

Also only reason Sylar could kill the Persuader and not Claires dad was because the Haitan wasnt there to block out his powers right?

Taco John
12-12-2006, 02:54 AM
I think you're right about the Haitan being there to block Sylar's powers. But then again, I find it hard to believe they'd leave him without protection... so who knows?

Things that I'm wondering about:

The little girl who's parents he killed. He apparently got what he needed from the father... Killed the mother, and then went back after the little girl. Why? What does she have? And where did that story line go?

What happens when Peter gets in contact with Nikki? Does he just get super strength? Does Nikki have Superstrength but doesn't know how to tap into it yet? Sort of like Isaac only being able to tap when he's high, Nikki can only tap when she's Jessica?

Horn Rimmed Glasses - What is up with this dude? Does he have anything they aren't revealing yet? How did he get into his position, and who is funding him (I'm guessing government).

Mohinder - His sister had abilities. Is he due to develop them?

This show rocks.

Guru
12-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Can't wait for the January premiere.

oaklandhater
12-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Can't wait for the January premiere.

Sucks that they said the 1st episode will be a recap.

Guru
12-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Sucks that they said the 1st episode will be a recap.
Oh wonderful. They are doing their first LOSTism.

KcMizzou
12-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Oh wonderful. They are doing their first LOSTism.fan-****in'-tastic. :shake:

KcMizzou
12-12-2006, 03:49 AM
To any of you guys who like this show, and have Showtime... check out Dexter. If you have Time Warner on demand... I think you can watch from the beginning.

It's not really anything like Heroes, but I think you'd dig it. It's a lot darker.

oaklandhater
12-12-2006, 04:32 AM
To any of you guys who like this show, and have Showtime... check out Dexter. If you have Time Warner on demand... I think you can watch from the beginning.

It's not really anything like Heroes, but I think you'd dig it. It's a lot darker.

Big Dexter Fan here the only complaint really is that the show moves at a slow awkward pace.

oaklandhater
12-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Any one thnk Heroes will Hold on to the Same success once it goes up against 24?

Guru
12-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Any one thnk Heroes Hold on to the Same success once it goes up against 24?

I have been wondering that myself. I know that I will end up taping Heroes to watch 24 the rest of the year.

BigRedChief
12-12-2006, 06:43 AM
I have been wondering that myself. I know that I will end up taping Heroes to watch 24 the rest of the year.
They are putting Heroes on at the same time as 24? Fuking asswipe network execs. Theres so little worth watching on TV and then they put the shows on at the same time? Oh well the DVR is a mighty handy appliance.

Guru
01-23-2007, 01:35 AM
They are putting Heroes on at the same time as 24? Fuking asswipe network execs. Theres so little worth watching on TV and then they put the shows on at the same time? Oh well the DVR is a mighty handy appliance.
It is obvious that 24 won out considering this thread did not get bumped. Well, until now.

Silock
01-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Big Dexter Fan here the only complaint really is that the show moves at a slow awkward pace.

That, and the fact that it's completely and utterly predictable.

oaklandhater
01-23-2007, 12:40 PM
It is obvious that 24 won out considering this thread did not get bumped. Well, until now.

I would'nt be surprised if heroes lost to 24 the opener for heroes was a borefest.

htismaqe
01-23-2007, 12:51 PM

I don't think I've watched a single show in it's actual time slot since I got a DVR...

Amnorix
01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
:shrug: I still like Heroes.

htismaqe
01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
:shrug: I still like Heroes.

Me too.

HolmeZz
01-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh, just got through watching this one. What Powers can we attribute Sylar?

Tele-kenesis
Perfect Memory
Persuasion (most likely)
Freezing people (one of his victims was completly frozen)

And also it seems that Isaac can only paint the future of the other "Heros", so who was in the suicide bombing. The rest of them had some connection to some "hero" didnt they?

Also only reason Sylar could kill the Persuader and not Claires dad was because the Haitan wasnt there to block out his powers right?

1. Sylar's main power is described as 'intuitive aptitude'. He knows how everything works. That one power has led to him being able to mutate his own DNA to take on more powers.

2. Sylar doesn't have Eden's power of persuasion. She shot herself in the head so he couldn't use her brain. He does have Charlie's super memory though, which might prevent the Haitian's memory-erasing from working.

3. Last night's ep seemed to suggest that Peter's the bomber, as a result of not being able to control new powers he had just come in contact with. It's possible that those are Ted Sprague's powers. Also, Peter is an empath, so there's a chance it's not even him in the vision he's having.

htismaqe
01-23-2007, 01:23 PM
1. Sylar's main power is described as 'intuitive aptitude'. He knows how everything works. That one power has led to him being able to mutate his own DNA to take on more powers.

2. Sylar doesn't have Eden's power of persuasion. She shot herself in the head so he couldn't use her brain. He does have Charlie's super memory though, which might prevent the Haitian's memory-erasing from working.

3. Last night's ep seemed to suggest that Peter's the bomber, as a result of not being able to control new powers he had just come in contact with. It's possible that those are Ted Sprague's powers. Also, Peter is an empath, so there's a chance it's not even him in the vision he's having.

1) yep

2) yep

3) They've been suggesting Peter was the bomber all along, and they've also been suggesting that it occurs because he absorbed Ted Sprague's power. About the only thing that was really "new" was the whole "I can't control it" thing...

HolmeZz
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I wondered what the point of him being sick was, especially considering that he was getting sick while in the presence of Claire. It would seem that her presence would have kept that from hapening.

His sickness seems to stem from him being exposed to too many powers in a short period of time. He's been the most active Hero, in terms of interacting with all the other Heroes. He's met basically everybody, with the exception of Nikki/DL/Micah.

Eric
01-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Heroes looks like a ripoff of lost.

Just like the OC was a ripoff of all those other teeny movies like Dawsons creek.

Thats the way TV works.

I don't watch any of those shows.

Amnorix
01-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Just like the OC was a ripoff of all those other teeny movies like Dawsons creek.

Thats the way TV works.

errr...then why are you posting on this thread? :shrug:

HolmeZz
01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
They're both basically sci-fi shows with big casts, but the similarities kinda end there.

I also think Heroes has much more room to grow as a show than Lost did/does.

HolmeZz
01-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't know if they'll explain it in the future, but I'm certain that Sylar killed that cockroach that was in his cell and used it's DNA. His heart rate was slowed(a cockroach trait), which was why the doctor pronounced him dead. Now he should also be invulnerable to a nuclear attack.

Also looks like Claire's dad could be Linderman or possibly Nathan.

SCChief
01-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't know if they'll explain it in the future, but I'm certain that Sylar killed that cockroach that was in his cell and used it's DNA. His heart rate was slowed(a cockroach trait), which was why the doctor pronounced him dead. Now he should also be invulnerable to a nuclear attack.

Claire's mom lit that cigarette with her fingers. Wonder if that is where the exploding man will come from?

Sylar and Peter are going to be incredibly dangerous when they eventually clash.

HolmeZz
01-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Claire's mom lit that cigarette with her fingers. Wonder if that is where the exploding man will come from?

She's just pyrokinetic. Sprague's going to have to play a part for the nuke to occur.

Sylar and Peter are going to be incredibly dangerous when they eventually clash.

Well they've already clashed once. I think Peter's storyline is going to turn towards Simone, who looks to be getting back with Isaac. He'll be really screwed up mentally and emotionally.

I think the writers are making it clear that it was a mistake to not have Sylar killed when they had the chance. He's only getting stronger.

Silock
01-29-2007, 11:26 PM

Not at all. Lost is so far up its own ass, it forgot which way is up.

Obviously :)

oaklandhater
01-29-2007, 11:48 PM
If heroes is a ripoff of anything its the 4400 with better writing.

Nightwish
01-30-2007, 02:48 AM

Thats the way TV works.

I don't watch any of those shows.It has a few elements in common with Lost, but is a long way from being a ripoff of that show. It has a lot more in common with the X-Men, in my opinion, (or The 4400, as someone else noted) though more realistic (inasmuch as the premise can even be called realistic). Lost is an okay show, but Heroes is far better.

Nightwish
01-30-2007, 02:52 AM
She's just pyrokinetic. Sprague's going to have to play a part for the nuke to occur.

Well they've already clashed once. I think Peter's storyline is going to turn towards Simone, who looks to be getting back with Isaac. He'll be really screwed up mentally and emotionally.

I think the writers are making it clear that it was a mistake to not have Sylar killed when they had the chance. He's only getting stronger.
I'm also kinda wondering exactly how the invisible man is going to play out in all of this. I'm sure he's going to play a bigger role than just a "tutor," or they wouldn't have gone to the trouble to get Dr. Who to play the role.

vincent
01-30-2007, 02:59 AM

I put my money on the Haitian...

Just a thought: The Haitian + Peter vs. Sylar???

Nightwish
01-30-2007, 02:59 AM
I don't think he has that. Remember, Hiro went back in time and changed it. She still died, but from a brain tumor, and Sylar never got ahold of her.

Also, Peter is an empath, so there's a chance it's not even him in the vision he's having.
I don't think he's an empath, at least not unless he happens to be in the vacinity of an empath. He's more of a power chameleon, taking on the powers of those he is near, like Rogue (except he doesn't drain them of life energy to do it, like she does).

vincent
01-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Another thought... When Hiro first met Peter, Hiro told Peter that he didn't look the same without his "scar".

Scar???

No scar in Peter's vision of the explosion...

No Exploding Man???

or maybe the explosion is thwarted, leaving Peter with a scar??

just some food for thought...

oaklandhater
01-30-2007, 06:16 AM
So does any one have a guess to who Claire's real father is?

kepp
01-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm guessing Linderman.

Braincase
01-30-2007, 07:08 AM

I think it's interesting in Peter's dream that he has all of the supers around him... maybe it's the overload of available powers that messes him up.

Braincase
01-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm guessing Linderman.

I'm with you on that one. And who in their right mind would cast George Takei as a father figure? I figured he'd be more interested in finding naked pictures of Walter Brennan.

kepp
01-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Intriguing...I hadn't thought of that.

kepp
01-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Another thought... When Hiro first met Peter, Hiro told Peter that he didn't look the same without his "scar".

Scar???

No scar in Peter's vision of the explosion...

No Exploding Man???

or maybe the explosion is thwarted, leaving Peter with a scar??

just some food for thought...
Could play into what Hiro was talking about last night: "Maybe I'm supposed to use the sword to stop exploding man? Is it my destiny to kill him?"

kepp
01-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm with you on that one. And who in their right mind would cast George Takei as a father figure? I figured he'd be more interested in finding naked pictures of Walter Brennan.
It makes it easy to figure out why he kidnapped two young Japanese boys though.

HolmeZz
01-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't think he has that. Remember, Hiro went back in time and changed it. She still died, but from a brain tumor, and Sylar never got ahold of her.

When HRG was showing Eden the pictures of Sylar's victims, Charlie was still there though. I think that whole sequence was just to show that Hiro can't go back in time to prevent someone from dying. Pretty sure he said the power's bigger than him or something along those lines.

I don't think he's an empath, at least not unless he happens to be in the vacinity of an empath. He's more of a power chameleon, taking on the powers of those he is near, like Rogue.

Those powers tie in to each other. The person's abilities are just part of what he gets when he's around someone. That's why he's had all these dreams and stuff. It also explains him becoming a nurse. They've even had people refer to him as an empath a few times on the show.

Nightwish
01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Either Linderman, as kepp suggested, or we find out that her adopted father is her real father. I'm still not entirely convinced that that dude doesn't have some kind of ability.

Fish
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm still not entirely convinced that that dude doesn't have some kind of ability.

I got that feeling as well.... his true intentions are awfully mysterious....

Baby Lee
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Either Linderman, as kepp suggested, or we find out that her adopted father is her real father. I'm still not entirely convinced that that dude doesn't have some kind of ability.
Given that Eric Roberts is soon to join the cast, it's a good bet he's Claire's father.

Nightwish
01-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Given that Eric Roberts is soon to join the cast, it's a good bet he's Claire's father.
Also quite possible!

Baby Lee
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Also quite possible!
Who recognized Claire's mom as the bidge who had Christian Troy thinking he was gonna be a father, then popped out a black kid by some middle-aged businessman on Nip/Tuck?

Mmmm, Gessilyn Gilsig.

Nightwish
02-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Damn, I had no idea Peter could do those things without the people he's getting them from being nearby! I thought it was just a temporary leeching, not a permanent acquisition when he took on somebody else's powers. If all those powers are permanent, and he learns to control them, he'll be a damned good match for Sylar!

Nightwish
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Holy shi.......! That's her dad?

Silock
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
DAMN!

HolmeZz
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Yeee.

Nightwish
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeee.
Good call!

HolmeZz
02-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Damn, I had no idea Peter could do those things without the people he's getting them from being nearby! I thought it was just a temporary leeching, not a permanent acquisition when he took on somebody else's powers. If all those powers are permanent, and he learns to control them, he'll be a damned good match for Sylar!

He learned(really Claude taught him) that he could tap into those powers when he started to think of the people who had them. It's all because he's an empath.

Silock
02-05-2007, 08:13 PM
It's all because he's Neo, and Sylar is Smith.

patteeu
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeee.

HolmeZz is the man! Nice prediction. When the father was revealed, my 9-yo daughter said, "Hey, that guy from ChiefsPlanet was right."

Guru
02-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Nice twist. Two great shows tonight in Heroes and 24.

ChiefFan31
02-06-2007, 04:24 AM
I just got done watching the first episode. All I gotta say about Hayden Pennetiere (sp?) is

Silock
02-06-2007, 05:16 AM
More like:

Jailbait, sometimes it's worth doing time.

Amnorix
02-06-2007, 06:31 AM
So my only question is how did Sylar survive getting shot by Claire's Dad? He seemed to be hurt, and hit at least once if not more times, but it didn't seem to slow him down.

I didn't tape it or anything, so maybe I'm missing something, as it did happen pretty fast.

Amnorix
02-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Oh, and anyone else think that Hiro and Ando are fricking hilarious?

Amnorix
02-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I just got done watching the first episode. All I gotta say about Hayden Pennetiere (sp?) is

Looks like she's 17 years old. That's legal in most states, dammit... :drool:

Date of birth (location)
21 August 1989

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659363/

cadmonkey
02-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Oh, and anyone else think that Hiro and Ando are fricking hilarious?

I find Hiro to be a bit annoying.

Amnorix
02-06-2007, 07:05 AM
I find Hiro to be a bit annoying.

At least you're honest. :)

He and Ando both amuse my wife and I.

None of the characters really annoy me. Some of them bore me a bit, however, but none are insufferable. I do agree with the Invisible Guy though -- how can you not want to punch Nathan in the face...?

cadmonkey
02-06-2007, 08:31 AM
At least you're honest. :)

He and Ando both amuse my wife and I.

None of the characters really annoy me. Some of them bore me a bit, however, but none are insufferable. I do agree with the Invisible Guy though -- how can you not want to punch Nathan in the face...?

one reason I don't like Hiro is because anytime he comes on, my roomate starts to talk like him, and Hiro is too chipper.

I actually like the invisible guy, and his views on people. "they are the rest for a reason......."

HolmeZz
02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
So my only question is how did Sylar survive getting shot by Claire's Dad? He seemed to be hurt, and hit at least once if not more times, but it didn't seem to slow him down.

That same sequence happened after Matt shot Sylar down in one of the early episodes; he got right up after being shot and then disappeared immediately. He's definitely got other powers that haven't been specified yet.

BigRedChief
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Date of birth (location)
21 August 1989

Holy Crap! She was Sheryl Yoast the daughter of the white coach that loved football in the movie Remember the Titans.
http://au.i1.yimg.com/movies.aunz.yimg.com/2005/photos/main/4604.jpg

Baby Lee
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Holy Crap! She was Sheryl Yoast the daughter of the white coach that loved football in the movie Remember the Titans.
She was also big-haired Jessica on Malcolm in the Middle

Anyong Bluth
02-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, if Syler has the power to move objects, would he also have the power to slow down the velocity of a bullet? I know the Haitian guy popped in the door after HRG, so not quite sure how far away he has to be to have control.

Since Peter has the ability to recall any and all powers he has come into contact with, that means he should have everyone's powers- including all of Syler's and Eden's power of persuasion.

If Eric Roberts is joining up, could it be a good guess that he'll play Linderman?

I wonder if there is some connection in the past between HRG and Nathan. Being the father, and HRG knowing of the powers- presumably that the mother was a firestarter, and that Claire could heal. He has to at least have tracked down the birth father to investigate him.

HolmeZz
02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, if Syler has the power to move objects, would he also have the power to slow down the velocity of a bullet?

I think he's just bulletproof. If he could just stop the bullet, he wouldn't have gotten blown backwards the two times he got shot.

Since Peter has the ability to recall any and all powers he has come into contact with, that means he should have everyone's powers- including all of Syler's and Eden's power of persuasion.

Sylar, yes. I don't remember Peter ever meeting Eden though. If he had, he would've been able to use her power, and I know that never happened.

If Eric Roberts is joining up, could it be a good guess that he'll play Linderman?

Nope.

I wonder if there is some connection in the past between HRG and Nathan. Being the father, and HRG knowing of the powers- presumably that the mother was a firestarter, and that Claire could heal. He has to at least have tracked down the birth father to investigate him.

HRG and Nathan have already met. It was after Nathan spent the night with Nikki. HRG and Haitian busted in to his hotel room and ended up chasing Nathan into the parking lot out back. Haitian tried to block Nathan's powers, but Nathan was able to fly away(because his power isn't mental, it's physical).

I know the Haitian didn't know that Nathan was Claire's father. It's unclear what HRG knew though.

Buck
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey last nights episode was sweet.

Taco John
02-06-2007, 04:35 PM

My guess is that Claire and Sylar share the same father.

Taco John
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Crap. I just realized that most of you already saw last night's episode. My wife and I Tivo it and watch on Tuesday...

Exiting...

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2007, 04:40 PM

unless Nathan is like 80 years but still looks like a 30 year old then yes

Fairplay
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM

I knew she'd be hot when she grew up.

ChiefFan31
02-06-2007, 08:11 PM

Date of birth (location)
21 August 1989

Haha, was talking about this at work today. I guess she is only 17. Not for much longer. I said hell, if it was Utah it would be no problem. You could marry her sister too if she had one.

Someone else mentioned her in the remember the Titans. I said don't kill it she is only like 10 or so in that flick. I didn't realize it was the same girl.

Fairplay
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Haha, was talking about this at work today. I guess she is only 17. Not for much longer. I said hell, if it was Utah it would be no problem. You could marry her sister too if she had one.

Someone else mentioned her in the remember the Titans. I said don't kill it she is only like 10 or so in that flick. I didn't realize it was the same girl.

August 22nd of this year she shall be free!!

ChiefFan31
02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
August 22nd of this year she shall be free!!

Chick is a fuggin cutie.

She does seem like the type that is going to get big. She has that baby fat cuteness going on, but if she pops out a kid or two she is going to balloon. /putting too much thought into it

Taco John
02-06-2007, 09:04 PM

Apparently I was WAY off on that one...

But now that we found out that it's Nathan, I'm starting to think this is getting stupid.

HolmeZz
02-06-2007, 09:26 PM

But now that we found out that it's Nathan, I'm starting to think this is getting stupid.

Wouldn't Sylar and Claire being brother and sister be kinda stupid too? ;)

Guru
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM

I am hoping they don't link up everyone like they did those three. I have the impression that Nathan does not know he has a daughter. Guess we have to wait for the remainder of that conversation first.

Nightwish
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I didn't remember her from that movie. I first became aware of her in "The Ice Princess" as the friend/rival of Michelle Trachtenberg (sp?).

BigRedChief
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah sure....You also thought this was the Cardinals year and Payton would be the Super Bowl MVP. Got any stock tips?

pr_capone
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
BTW... anyone catch Hiro's dads licence plate?

http://www.thetvaddict.com/blogpics/heroes_startrek.jpg

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

ROFL :thumb:

Buck
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Anyone think that the mother purposely set the fire to try and kill Claire?

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
No. I think she purposefully set it so she could become anonymous, and probably got Claire out herself, but was not in a position to raise a baby on her own.

Fairplay

Didn't think about that. Good point.

Guru

Nice catch. CAn't believe I missed that one.

Fish
02-07-2007, 05:32 PM

No.... what gave you that idea?

Buck
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
No.... what gave you that idea?

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or if this has already been discussed, but what if she was just a trailer park mom who couldn't afford a baby, or maybe since the dad was into politics he couldnt have an illegitimate child...

Fairplay
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM

I don't quite understand what it means. Enlighten me.

pr_capone
02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't quite understand what it means. Enlighten me.

Its the designation of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Hiro's dad played Sulu on Star Trek.

Fish
02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or if this has already been discussed, but what if she was just a trailer park mom who couldn't afford a baby, or maybe since the dad was into politics he couldnt have an illegitimate child...

No I didn't have a clue and was curious about your opinion... I don't think this has been discussed.

Are you saying she started the fire to purposely kill Claire? I didn't think she was an evil person from watching her scene....

Fairplay
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Its the designation of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Hiro's dad played Sulu on Star Trek.

Thanks.

Gochiefs is probably spanking his monkey to that pic of Sulu and the license plate.

Buck
02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
No I didn't have a clue and was curious about your opinion... I don't think this has been discussed.

Are you saying she started the fire to purposely kill Claire? I didn't think she was an evil person from watching her scene....

She didnt seem evil, but she was unwilling to disclose to Claire who her father was. Also, from the looks of it she probably couldn't afford to have a kid anyways.

What should be interesting is figuring out how Claire got out of the fire and into an adoption agency.

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM

I didn't get that impression from her either. Just from the little bit of the conversation we've already gotten between her and Nathan, it seems to me that there was an orchestrated effort to get Claire into a "normal" family, and that both her parents were part of that effort. Her mom certainly didn't seem surprised when Claire called her up. I do think she set the fire intentionally, though.

Fish
02-07-2007, 05:47 PM
She didnt seem evil, but she was unwilling to disclose to Claire who her father was. Also, from the looks of it she probably couldn't afford to have a kid anyways.

What should be interesting is figuring out how Claire got out of the fire and into an adoption agency.

Did she say she was in an adoption agency? Was there proof of that? Maybe that part was made up or erased too?

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM

She didn't come off as totally unwilling. More like she wanted to let Nathan know first, before making Claire aware of him. She did leave it open to discuss it the next time they met.

Buck
I didn't get that impression from her either. Just from the little bit of the conversation we've already gotten between her and Nathan, it seems to me that there was an orchestrated effort to get Claire into a "normal" family, and that both her parents were part of that effort. Her mom certainly didn't seem surprised when Claire called her up. I do think she set the fire intentionally, though.

Ahh, you make a good point. If I remember correctly, they found a dead baby at the scene. Maybe it wasn't Claire that they found and they were trying to make someone think Claire was dead.

Although now that I think of it, the mom seemed surprised when Claire had a power.

Fish
Her mom certainly didn't seem surprised when Claire called her up. I do think she set the fire intentionally, though.

That's the vibe I was getting too..

Buck
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Did she say she was in an adoption agency? Was there proof of that? Maybe that part was made up or erased too?

No that was never said, I just assumed it. The Adoption process isnt as easy as, "Here take my baby" though.

Fish
02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I thought her Mom's hesitation to tell her about her father had to do with the fact that Nathan is a famous politician...

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
No that was never said, I just assumed it. The Adoption process isnt as easy as, "Here take my baby" though.
Mr. Bennett has connections, I think that much is a given.

Buck
02-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Mr. Bennett has connections, I think that much is a given.

Yeah he does. I still think he has a power too. Maybe his power is to be able to tell if someone has a power.

Taco John
02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Wouldn't Sylar and Claire being brother and sister be kinda stupid too? ;)

I don't think so. I think it would make a hell of a lot more sense than Nathan Petrelli being her father. I'm having a hard time with this latest revelation.

Taco John
02-07-2007, 10:25 PM

Not any more than I think the nuclear guy purposefully infected his wife with lethal radiation...

HolmeZz
02-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't think so. I think it would make a hell of a lot more sense than Nathan Petrelli being her father. I'm having a hard time with this latest revelation.

They've already brought up Sylar and his relationship with his father, so no, I don't think it would've made much sense.

I think it makes sense with Nathan because his character has been in question for a while now. Also, he's in the middle of a political campaign. What better for a politician that an illegitimate child controversy? ;)

HolmeZz
02-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Not any more than I think the nuclear guy purposefully infected his wife with lethal radiation...

I disagree. Ted definitely never wanted to hurt his wife.

Meredith's situation is unexplained at this point, and could've been difficult. Nathan might've not been anything more than a one night stand, and she might've had a hard time making her life work as a single mother. She uses her power to escape everything and starts a new life for herself.

I think they can make a reasonable explanation if it does come out that Meredith intentionally started the fire.

HolmeZz
02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I still think he has a power too. Maybe his power is to be able to tell if someone has a power.

That is Sylar's power.

It's possible HRG has a power. Sylar said something about knowing how he 'ticked'. At this point though, there are no indications of a power. I heard a rumor a while back that he might have a power that has something to do with his glasses, but I never thought twice about it.

Nightwish
02-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I disagree. Ted definitely never wanted to hurt his wife.

I don't think that's what TJ was saying. He was saying that he no more believes that she tried to hurt Claire than he believes that Ted wanted to hurt his wife, using the unlikeliness of the latter suggestion to point out the similar unlikeliness of the former.

HolmeZz
02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't think that's what TJ was saying. He was saying that he no more believes that she tried to hurt Claire than he believes that Ted wanted to hurt his wife, using the unlikeliness of the latter suggestion to point out the similar unlikeliness of the former.

I know. I'm just saying the door is open too much in regards to Meredith's situation to make that comparison yet or to write it off as a possibility.

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 08:02 AM
That is Sylar's power.

It's possible HRG has a power. Sylar said something about knowing how he 'ticked'. At this point though, there are no indications of a power. I heard a rumor a while back that he might have a power that has something to do with his glasses, but I never thought twice about it.

errr...who is HRG? Claire's father, presumably, but what does "HRG" stand for?

And Sylar's power is identifying other people with powers? Definitely not. He misidentified the cheerleader as Claire's friend instead of Claire. I think he's only been able to track down others with powers due to utilizing Mohinder's father's research efforts.

I think his original power was to absorb other's powers by, apparently, eating their brains.

Dartgod
02-08-2007, 08:23 AM
errr...who is HRG? Claire's father, presumably, but what does "HRG" stand for?I'm glad you asked. I've been wondering the same thing.

tiptap
02-08-2007, 08:25 AM
huge rimmed glasses

tiptap
02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Early in the show he didn't have a name or a clear interest that was bad or good and with no known power he was HRG because those glasses dominated his face and showed up in scenes by themselves.

tyton75
02-08-2007, 08:31 AM

And Sylar's power is identifying other people with powers? Definitely not. He misidentified the cheerleader as Claire's friend instead of Claire. I think he's only been able to track down others with powers due to utilizing Mohinder's father's research efforts.

I think his original power was to absorb other's powers by, apparently, eating their brains.

I wouldn't say he "eats their brains" I think its more an ability where he opens them up to see how they "tick" and then he is able to make himself "tick" in the same way..

At least that is the way I have been seeing it.

allen_kcCard
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
HRG stands for Horn Rimmed Glasses since when he was introduced on the show they focused on his old style glasses and he was at that point un-named.

Sylar's power is to be able to "see how things work". For example, he could look at a watch and know in an instant that a spring in it was slightly too loose and that it was losing something like 1 second for every few hours or something like that, which is why he was well suited for his job as a watch maker.

He was pissed because papa Suresh told him he wasn't special, but while with Suresh he found the name of someone else that was. So he contacted him, and when he met him he figured out that he could tell something about how the guy worked, so he brained him with a club, and then presumably cut out his brain to see how it worked in detail, and in turn was able to replicate it himself. Still unknown how he takes on thier powers exactly though.

The first power he took was telekinesis, but he has taken several others by following what I assume is primarily rumors or what he got from papa Suresh when he killed him. Other powers that have been hinted at are some kind of invulnerability to bullets, come kind of freezing/cold, possibly something to fly with unless he uses the telekinesis for that. The only other one that would be known for sure is super recollection which he took from a girl named Charlie that could remember everything.

I don't watch much TV, but got into this show and have enjoyed it so far. A bit geeky maybe, but they do a pretty good job of making the people more real life, but with powers they don't really understand or even want in most cases.

allen_kcCard
02-08-2007, 08:39 AM

Very good thought

allen_kcCard
02-08-2007, 08:42 AM

I'm starting to get a feeling that the Haitian's time might be limited. He went against HRGs wishes and is a very big safty net for HRG as well. If the haitian is gone then HRG will have a big need for the other heroes to help and I think he will be the glue that brings them all together.

Just a hunch.

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't say he "eats their brains" I think its more an ability where he opens them up to see how they "tick" and then he is able to make himself "tick" in the same way..

At least that is the way I have been seeing it.

I thought (and I could be wrong) that the first few people whose powers he stole had their brains missing. I was assuming he had eaten them to assimilate them or whatever.

And I also thought it was agreed he'd eaten the cockroach in his cell to slow down his metabolism such as to appear dead.

:shrug:

tiptap
02-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Ok ok I will ruin the ending for you. You got Sylar who is gobbling up new powers and is looking to get the exploding power. Only Uncle Peter has the power already and the only way to kill Sylar is to blow him up before he gets the power or uses it. When he still doesn't have the ability to survive the blow up. Now the details I am still trying to fit together and there are plenty of unknowns still and some new characters as well but I think Peter blows up on purpose to get Sylar.

tyton75
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I thought (and I could be wrong) that the first few people whose powers he stole had their brains missing. I was assuming he had eaten them to assimilate them or whatever.

And I also thought it was agreed he'd eaten the cockroach in his cell to slow down his metabolism such as to appear dead.

:shrug:

hadn't heard about the cockroach angle.. thats interesting, was wondering why they kept showing the cockroach in there..

whatever, I'm still waiting on which hero is going to be the Juggernaut bitch!!! :)

allen_kcCard
02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Several episodes back, HRG said that sometimes when he goes to help people things go wrong, and that is exactly what happened years back when he went to "help" someone and a baby girl was left without a family.

Thus, there was no adoption agency, he took Claire in from there and probably pulled strings to get her adopted into the family. I think he went to take Claire's mom to track her and do whatever else that they do, and her mom fought back and incinerated the place with the baby inside. They didn't know she could regen, so after the smoke cleared the baby was found and HRG took it from there.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 10:00 AM

Horn Rimmed Glasses.

1. His original power is intuitive aptitude. He knows how things work. It's why he's a talented watchmaker and it also allows him to see which people are 'broken'.

2. Using his ability of knowing how things work, he uses whatever he finds in the brain(hasn't been fully explained yet) to reconfigure his own DNA. HRG already explained this to Sylar in his cell; that he's infused too many powers into his own DNA and has become sick and demented.

3. I assume he misidentified the other cheerleader because he was taking it for granted that she was the one with the power. He also didn't notice Hiro when they were in that diner. He's got to focus in on a person to be able to differentiate. He also looked to be examining Claire's mother when she was on the ground, right before Mr. Bennet came in and shot him.

4. He needs Mohinder's list in order to find the people. He doesn't just know where they are.

He doesn't eat the brains. I've read a couple different interviews from Tim Kring saying he didn't want to go down that road with Sylar.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM

He definitely killed the cockroach. The cockroach DNA would also up his resistance to radiation and nuclear attacks.

Taco John
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
HGR stands for Horn Rimmed Glasses.

They aren't giving him any other name. Even on his drivers lisence, it only said "Bennett."

Baby Lee
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
HRG stands for Horn Rimmed Glasses, in case anyone was wondering. ROFL

htismaqe
02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
What are "Horn Rimmed Glasses"? I don't get it.

Fish
02-08-2007, 10:26 AM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the eyewear. For the fictional character, see Mr. Bennet (Heroes). (<----HAHA)

Horn-rimmed glasses are a type of eyeglasses with frames made of horn, tortoise shell, or plastic that simulates either material. The name horn-rimmed glasses refer to their original material, which was horn or shell. These glasses began to be popular in the United States in the 1910s and 1920s, and have been a standard for many decades. Over time, the glasses changed appearance and meaning. They later were known as dark, heavy, and plastic framed glasses. An early plastic, called celluloid, was dyed and molded to look like an animal horn.

Another characteristic is their lack of nose pads. This differentiates them from other glasses, making the profile of horn-rims appear unique. Sometimes saddle bridges are attached to distribute the weight of the glasses. These are placed on the sides and top of the frame’s nose.

Currently, the definition of horn-rimmed glasses has become more flexible. They are commonly referred to as a pair of dark, plastic eyeglasses with frames that range in thickness from about 1/16" to 1/4". The dark colored plastic stands out, giving the appearance of thick frames.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 10:28 AM
What are "Horn Rimmed Glasses"? I don't get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn-rimmed_glasses

Just the type of glasses he wears.

morphius
02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't there way of forcing Nathan's hand. Previously he had tried to hide his power, but when he learns that his daughter is in danger he will most likely be forced to act.

Though I could just be really wrong...

htismaqe
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I still don't get it.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 10:45 AM
What's not to get? He wasn't given a name so the writers wrote 'HRG' for him in the script. Now people use that to refer to him.

htismaqe
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Here's a hint:

I'm poking fun.

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I still don't get it.

For the love of God, make it stttoooooppp!!!!

:)

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not on board with HolmeZz regarding Sylar's ability to somehow perceive special abilities as being one of his talents. Not at all sure about that.

I'm ok with him not actually eating hte brains, but rather just studying them to determine how they work to give different people powers.

Now then, what powers does he have that we know about:

Definitely:

1. telekinesis
2. ability to know how things work
3. ability to do some kind of Mr. Freeze thing :)
4. some kind of resistance to damage (like bullets)

Possibly:

1. ability to identify those with powers
2. perfect memory (from Charlie)

As for the memory from Charlie -- I saw a post on here beofre saying that he did not get her power because Hiro, while unable to save her from death, did save her from Sylar and that there was a reference to her dying from leukemia instead.

I have no memory as to what Hiro said after he got back together with Ando after that whole time travel trip he took. Anyone? Bueller?

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
The Haitian -- we think his power is that he can turn off anyone else's power? Is that right? Or do we think he's a mentalist?

Stinger
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
The Haitian -- we think his power is that he can turn off anyone else's power? Is that right?
I don't believe so since Matt Parkman, the former beat cop turned FBI helper, with his mindreading ability was captured and the Hatian wiped his brain but he still retained his mindreading power.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
The Haitian -- we think his power is that he can turn off anyone else's power? Is that right? Or do we think he's a mentalist?

Haitian's power is mental manipulation. He can erase memories as well as turn off a Hero's mental ability.

He can't turn off all abilities though. For example, Nathan was able to fly away from HRG and the Haitian because his power is physical. Sylar was also able to survive being shot AND used a power(some super speed kinda thing) to escape, despite the Haitian being right there.

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Haitian's power is mental manipulation. He can erase memories as well as turn off a Hero's mental ability.

He can't turn off all abilities though. For example, Nathan was able to fly away from HRG and the Haitian because his power is physical. Sylar was also able to survive being shot AND used a power(some super speed kinda thing) to escape, despite the Haitian being right there.

Right, he does have mental manipulation abilities, that's clear (duh).

So we think that his power is just limited to mental ones? Why was he needed to back up, err, what's her name -- the chick that was going to kill Sylar but instead died. The one that can make you do whatever she wants.

And Nathan flew away from HRG and the Haitian? That's not right is it? I thought it was two Lindermann thugs. Or am I misremembering? That's from before the break, so it's several months ago now.

patteeu
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Right, he does have mental manipulation abilities, that's clear (duh).

So we think that his power is just limited to mental ones? Why was he needed to back up, err, what's her name -- the chick that was going to kill Sylar but instead died. The one that can make you do whatever she wants.

And Nathan flew away from HRG and the Haitian? That's not right is it? I thought it was two Lindermann thugs. Or am I misremembering? That's from before the break, so it's several months ago now.

Yes, I think you're misremembering. It was HRG (what's that stand for again? LMAO ) and the Haitian who took him from the hotel room in Las Vegas.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm not on board with HolmeZz regarding Sylar's ability to somehow perceive special abilities as being one of his talents. Not at all sure about that.

There's not much to be on board with. Kring has confirmed it. That was his original power and he's used that ability to give himself more powers.

Sylar and Peter are supposed to be two sides of the same coin essentially. Peter's just using his power because he feels he has to save the world, while Sylar feels what he's doing is an 'evolutionary imperative'.

Now then, what powers does he have that we know about:

Definitely:

1. telekinesis
2. ability to know how things work
3. ability to do some kind of Mr. Freeze thing :)
4. some kind of resistance to damage (like bullets)

Possibly:

1. ability to identify those with powers
2. perfect memory (from Charlie)

As for the memory from Charlie -- I saw a post on here beofre saying that he did not get her power because Hiro, while unable to save her from death, did save her from Sylar and that there was a reference to her dying from leukemia instead.

I have no memory as to what Hiro said after he got back together with Ando after that whole time travel trip he took. Anyone? Bueller?

1. You're confused. His "ability to know how things work" and his ability to "indentify those with powers" are the same thing. He looks at their brain and can tell if there's something that's different than how it should be. That's how he recognizes they have a power. They showed this with Brian Davis, the first guy he killed. Sylar focused in on his brain and saw it was 'broken'(they played a ticking sound to give that impression). He then said it was an evolutionary imperative to fix Brian.

There's also significance with Sylar's real name being Gabriel. Anyone familiar with their religious teachings might catch that connection.

2. Hiro told Ando that he couldn't save Charlie and that his power was bigger than him. Hiro had accepted that she was probably going to die regardless of what he did, because of the blood clot.

3. The reason it's believed Charlie was still killed by Sylar is that Hiro didn't change the past he's currently in. Ando still remembered everything the way it went down. Also, when HRG was showing Eden pictures of Sylar's victims, Charlie was still in there.

L.A. Chieffan
02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
is this like "Unbreakable" the TV show?
Don't watch much TV unless it's sports.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Why was he needed to back up, err, what's her name -- the chick that was going to kill Sylar but instead died. The one that can make you do whatever she wants.

1. Eden needs time to persuade the person in order for her power to work. If Haitian wasn't there, Sylar probably would've ****ed her up before she could've said anything, like he did later on when he pulled her through the glass before she could get the words out.

2. Nathan, HRG, and the Haitian all met after Nathan slept with Nikki that one night. Nathan flew away and landed at a diner, where he then met Hiro. You might remember that he was shirtless the whole time.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Nathan/HRG/Haitian:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgdH3zzRD5o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VgdH3zzRD5o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

patteeu
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
is this like "Unbreakable" the TV show?
Don't watch much TV unless it's sports.

Yeah. Kind of the "Unbreakable" version of "X Men."

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I remembered Nathan flying away when cornered after sleeping with Nikki, but thought it was from Lindermann's goons. My bad.

I'm still not sure Sylar can identify those with powers just by looking at them, no matter how intently.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm still not sure Sylar can identify those with powers just by looking at them, no matter how intently.

I'll try and find the clip with Brian Davis.

Sylar looks into his brain and sees that Brian is 'broken' and different. That's how he discovered where the power is located and how he can use it to give himself that power.

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJZIhu4sQKk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJZIhu4sQKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

'ere ya go

Amnorix
02-08-2007, 12:44 PM
thanks for the clip. Can't hear it, so will need to pay attention tonight.

I admit that I probably thought any ticking sound related to all those cloaks in the room. :)

HolmeZz
02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
There's also a ticking sound when the cockroach walks by him in the cell too, if I remember correctly.

SquirrellyBastard
02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you guys know that every episode is available online at www.nbc.com/heroes ?

ChiefFan31
02-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Hot damn. Just got done watching episode 5. Finally started watching this show two nights ago. Damn its good. Might be my favorite over LOST now :)

Guru
02-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Blows Lost away.

Buck
02-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Hot damn. Just got done watching episode 5. Finally started watching this show two nights ago. Damn its good. Might be my favorite over LOST now :)

Yeah, its pretty damn good. However, I dont think it will ever pass Lost as my favorite show, even though it might be better.

ChiefFan31
02-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah, its pretty damn good. However, I dont think it will ever pass Lost as my favorite show, even though it might be better.

I do really like LOST. I have watched it from the beginning, and proudly got a bunch of co-workers hooked when I brought in Season 1 :D

I was a little disappointed in last nights episode. Although its hard to dive right in after such a long layoff. I am glad they are running straight through for the rest of the season.

Off to go watch episode 6 of Heroes now...

vincent
02-09-2007, 03:10 AM
3. I assume he misidentified the other cheerleader because he was taking it for granted that she was the one with the power. He also didn't notice Hiro when they were in that diner. He's got to focus in on a person to be able to differentiate. He also looked to be examining Claire's mother when she was on the ground, right before Mr. Bennet came in and shot him.

4. He needs Mohinder's list in order to find the people. He doesn't just know where they are.

I think Sylar went after the wrong cheerleader because she was the one who took the credit for pulling the man out of the fire...thus getting all the publicity...thus X2 allowing her to ass to get dead...IMO.

Amnorix
02-09-2007, 07:23 AM
[quote]1. You're confused. His "ability to know how things work" and his ability to "indentify those with powers" are the same thing. He looks at their brain and can tell if there's something that's different than how it should be. That's how he recognizes they have a power. They showed this with Brian Davis, the first guy he killed. Sylar focused in on his brain and saw it was 'broken'(they played a ticking sound to give that impression). He then said it was an evolutionary imperative to fix Brian.

Returning to this one...

But he can't look at their brain without cracking their head open first right?

Are you suggesting he can look at someone walking down the street and determine if they have a power or not? That's what I thought you've been saying, and that's the part i'm not sure I'm on board with.

allen_kcCard
02-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Returning to this one...

Are you suggesting he can look at someone walking down the street and determine if they have a power or not? That's what I thought you've been saying, and that's the part i'm not sure I'm on board with.

He can tell if they are "broken".

Going back to when he was introduced, that was when they really talked about how the people with genetic mutations to have powers often have negative things happen as well.

Such as how baby Suresh died, Charlie had a blood clot, and the guy Sylar killed had something as well...a tumor or something (IIRC). So my impression was that he can't look at someone and tell that they have some power, but he can look at them and tell that something isn't ticking right...maybe like he could pick out someone with cancer, or heart disease, or whatever.

For his use, he uses the genetic profiling to get closer to the people, then uses local rumors, or thier name, to get narrow the search furthers, then finally gets close enough to get at them, and cuts out thier brain to get a hands on look at how thier brain is different to assume thier power.

His power to see what isn't working right is what lets him see exactly what it is that makes them special.

Amnorix
02-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Such as how baby Suresh died, Charlie had a blood clot, and the guy Sylar killed had something as well...a tumor or something (IIRC). So my impression was that he can't look at someone and tell that they have some power, but he can look at them and tell that something isn't ticking right...maybe like he could pick out someone with cancer, or heart disease, or whatever.

Talk about getting alot of false positives! :eek: That'd be damn near useless as a power.

HolmeZz
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Returning to this one...

All he did was look at Brian Davis and he was able to tell there was something wrong with his brain. If he could do that for him, he can do that for everybody.

chappy
02-09-2007, 09:33 AM
All he did was look at Brian Davis and he was able to tell there was something wrong with his brain. If he could do that for him, he can do that for everybody.

and why if he could tell when he looked at Brian Davis could he not tell when looking at the false cheerleader?

Also I notice some of those pictures of Lamar Hunt in his prime up there look alot like HRG.

The Rick
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
On a different topic...

Anyone have any theories as to why Hiro "lost" his power suddenly?

We know he gets the power back eventually because in a previous episode, he traveled back in time to talk to Peter. We also saw that he had the sword with him when he was talking with Peter. However, I don't see the sword being the difference maker in whether or not he can use his power.

HolmeZz
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
and why if he could tell when he looked at Brian Davis could he not tell when looking at the false cheerleader?

I assume because he has to focus in on the object(in this case the brain) to tell if it's broken. He just took for granted that the cheerleader was the one with the power.

He seemed to be focusing in on the brain of Claire's adopted mom before HRG busted in and shot him.

chappy
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes the sword is linked to him through his family heretage. One of his relatives was a samurai hero.
His powers regenerate from the sword

Its like where he gets his Chi from

The Rick
02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
How was he able to use them for a while before he lost them? Also, if it is the sword that give him his powers, he'd be the only hero we've seen so far that doesn't have the powers naturally.

chappy
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I Think he has the powers himself naturally but the way it works is he needs to regenerate the powers kinda like when you play a video game with magic you have a little mantra bar and once its gone you have to regenerate it. I think he used up all he had stored and now he needs the sword to regenerate his powers. But once he has the sword as long as he keeps it on him he will be able to regenerate constantly I also think the sword will give him more control of his power cause when he has been using it to go back or forth in long chunks of time his precision is not accurate.
So he don't get his powers from the sword they just regenerate from the sword.
but its all my views and prediction from watching so idk?

Tribal Warfare
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
he needs to regenerate the powers kinda like when you play a video game with magic you have a little mantra bar and once its gone you have to regenerate it. I think he used up all he had stored and now he needs the sword to regenerate his powers.

Nerd Alert!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-09-2007, 12:03 PM
This thread is worthless without a picture of a scantilly clad Ali Larter.

chappy
02-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Nerd Alert!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

NERDS ARE SEXY

Amnorix
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Thsi is exactly my point, although maybe Sylar just didn't look hard enough because he was sure she was the one because she'd taken credit for the running into the fire bit.

chappy
02-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Thsi is exactly my point, although maybe Sylar just didn't look hard enough because he was sure she was the one because she'd taken credit for the running into the fire bit.

I think the ticks that we heard during the Brian Davis scene was for dramatic purpose and kind worked because of all the clocks. I don't think he can tell without the help of outside sources.

Buck
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
New Episode tonight, I believe.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
This thread is worthless without a picture of a scantilly clad Ali Larter.
:clap:

Fairplay
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM
This episode rocks.

Fairplay
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
The Ramones. :rockon:

HolmeZz
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I liked the episode, but they didn't bother to explain why Sylar just showed up at Zane's house.

Delano
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
I think the ticks that we heard during the Brian Davis scene was for dramatic purpose and kind worked because of all the clocks. I don't think he can tell without the help of outside sources.

Last night's episode kind of blows that theory away. There was a inconspicuous clock sound when Sylar was talking to the dude with the liquifying ability. I also wondered how the hell he knew to show up at the house.

Sylar with the list of heroes is kind of scary.

Amnorix
02-13-2007, 08:06 AM
I liked the episode, but they didn't bother to explain why Sylar just showed up at Zane's house.

I was beyond shaky on the whole tall, pretty blonde lures 2 clueless Asians to steal a briefcase thing.

I mean, her master plan was to sit there and cry until some guy(s) showed up and helped her steal something? And, p.s., she knocks out Hiro with one punch (unlikely, but possible) and then somehow drags him to an out-of-the-way closet and locks him in without anyone seeing or asking?

And then the Nevada Gaming Commission guy manages to find him down there somehow?

It all made no sense and was pretty stupid IMHO.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Sylar: "I know what makes you....TICK"

GET IT?

Yeah.

HolmeZz
02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I was beyond shaky on the whole tall, pretty blonde lures 2 clueless Asians to steal a briefcase thing.

I mean, her master plan was to sit there and cry until some guy(s) showed up and helped her steal something? And, p.s., she knocks out Hiro with one punch (unlikely, but possible) and then somehow drags him to an out-of-the-way closet and locks him in without anyone seeing or asking?

And then the Nevada Gaming Commission guy manages to find him down there somehow?

It all made no sense and was pretty stupid IMHO.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to make of Hiro's storyline at the moment.