PDA

View Full Version : Law's a Pro Bowler, but Surtain?

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Dropped another INT yesterday, gave up one big catch that stands out and overall doesn't seem worth half the $50 mil we threw at him.

Agree, disagree?

InChiefsHell
10-09-2006, 10:51 AM
DIsagree. Everyone gets torched once in awhile. Nobody is getting the long ball on us. Yeah, he's dropped a couple of picks, which does piss me off, but I think he is a big reason we are an ass-kicking D this year.

TRR
10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Disagree. Surtain is worth every penny. Every CB is going to drop an INT now and again, and they all get beat. You have to look at the body of work, and he's been pretty solid for the last season and 4 games.

seclark
10-09-2006, 10:53 AM
disagree
sec

beer bacon
10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
He also hasn't gone thrown at as much as Law.

CosmicPal
10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
The ONE big catch to me was the TD to Boldin, and Walls was the one that got beat on that play.

So, let's see here: the Chiefs D has yet to give up a TD pass in its first 3 games, but yesterday, they finally give up a couple and it's time to clean house already, eh?

:shake:

Brock
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Incredibly dumb.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:01 AM
He also hasn't gone thrown at as much as Law.

Uh, Law hasn't been targetted NEAR as many times as Surtain. And there's a reason.

Stinger
10-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Anyone else find it refreshing that we are trying to find things to gripe about this defense. I mean are they perfect no, but what ever they are doing it is working.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:03 AM
So, let's see here: the Chiefs D has yet to give up a TD pass in its first 3 games, but yesterday, they finally give up a couple and it's time to clean house already, eh?

ROFL

"Clean house"?

No, you see, I said this BEFORE SUNDAY's game, too. But people are just too blind to see it.

Because if you think Surtain is worth $50 million, you're a f*cking idiot. Find me $50 million plays throughout this season and I'll Paypal you 50 bucks.

Law makes them, whether it's tackling, intercepting or covering. Surtain gets beat, doesn't pick off passes and misses tackles.

There's a reason EVERY NFL-caliber receiver on the Cardinals scored or had a decent amount of yardage.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Anyone else find it refreshing that we are trying to find things to gripe about this defense. I mean are they perfect no, but what ever they are doing it is working.

Absolutely. That's what's great about it. Kinda like complaining out the receivers during our dominant offensive times.

Gonna be fun next year when Surtain's salary goes through the roof and he's still doing very little to earn it.

Brock
10-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Nothing like whining about next year's problems 1/3rd of the way through a season.

FAX
10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Nothing like whining about next year's problems 1/3rd of the way through a season.

True, Mr. Brock. True.

But what are we going to do when LJ retires?

FAX

wutamess
10-09-2006, 11:08 AM

Could it be because they're doing...
Arizona, San Fran, and a struggling (at the time ) Denver team?
Herm said it himself that we're 3 players away and that there's room for improvement.

Are we to chalk it up as a non-issue because we won?

StcChief
10-09-2006, 11:09 AM
ROFL

"Clean house"?

No, you see, I said this BEFORE SUNDAY's game, too. But people are just too blind to see it.

Because if you think Surtain is worth $50 million, you're a f*cking idiot. Find me $50 million plays throughout this season and I'll Paypal you 50 bucks.

Law makes them, whether it's tackling, intercepting or covering. Surtain gets beat, doesn't pick off passes and misses tackles.

There's a reason EVERY NFL-caliber receiver on the Cardinals scored or had a decent amount of yardage.

Comparing Players by their contract money, that they will NEVER see is just a stupid way to grade players.

Surtain... though you would like him to pick 6 every thing, it's not gonna happen. Did he get torched NO. With Law and the rest of D playing so much better the overall unit is now top 10.

quit bitchin'
we could still have McPasson in there....

CosmicPal
10-09-2006, 11:09 AM
ROFL

"Clean house"?

Dude, it's called fugging SARCASM.

I don't give a sh*t what you said, but the fact of the matter is our fugging defense is a thousand times better than it was last year, but jackasses like you have to find a fugging hole to bitch about.

As I quote earlier dipsh*t, Walls was the one that gave up the first TD and Surtain wasn't anywhere near the second one- it wasn't his man. So, what's your fuggen point?

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Comparing Players by their contract money, that they will NEVER see is just a stupid way to grade players.

We can't release him because of his overblown contract.

Surtain... though you would like him to pick 6 every thing, it's not gonna happen. Did he get torched NO. With Law and the rest of D playing so much better the overall unit is now top 10.

What the f*ck did he do?

Any time Leinart threw his way I didn't see an incompletion.

Wichita Lineman
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I disagree I think we have the backfield we have been begging for for the past 5 years. If we had this defense last year it would have been a whole different story.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't give a sh*t what you said, but the fact of the matter is our fugging defense is a thousand times better than it was last year, but jackasses like you have to find a fugging hole to bitch about.

As opposed to accepting a piece of shit because it's surrounded by roses?

Get a f*cking grip.

As I quote earlier dipsh*t, Walls was the one that gave up the first TD and Surtain wasn't anywhere near the second one- it wasn't his man. So, what's your fuggen point?

Newsflash: giving up passes that aren't touchdowns isn't what corners are supposed to do, dipsh*t.

noa
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
When we played the Bengals, they didn't have Houshmenzadeh. We don't play the Colts this year. That means that we just played the toughest WR tandem of the season for us. Who got burned? Lenny Walls. Not Surtain. When you go into a matchup of tough WRs like that in their stadium, you can expect them to score. That we kept the game within reach is a credit to our defense.
Surtain might not be making highlight reel plays all the time, but really, when have you seen him slacking off? When have you seen him not earning his salary?

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Are we to chalk it up as a non-issue because we won?

'Xactly my point.

I'm a big a defense homer as anyone on this forum, including gochiefs, but I don't accept that all 11 players are blameless because the overall unit is playing well.

Surtain is just a less-obvious version of Kendrell Bell. He's not that bad, but he's not nearly very good, either.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
That we kept the game within reach is a credit to our defense.

Yes, not a credit to Surtain.

That's again my point.

Surtain might not be making highlight reel plays all the time, but really, when have you seen him slacking off? When have you seen him not earning his salary?

If you want me to point out every single play, give me 3 or 4 days and I'll sort it out for you.

If you want to pretend like Lenny Walls gave up 250-some yards and 2 scores, be my guest. You're fooling only yourselves.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
BTW, just take Law's 2 INTs away. Discredit them.

He's still worlds better than Surtain.

So it's not even remotely close to being just about the big plays. That's just another thing that Surtain doesn't do.

CosmicPal
10-09-2006, 11:16 AM
As opposed to accepting a piece of shit because it's surrounded by roses?

Honestly, are you calling our defense a piece of sh*t right now just because YOU don't think a particular player is playing up to YOUR level?

Newsflash: giving up passes that aren't touchdowns isn't what corners are supposed to do, dipsh*t.

Huh?

Are you in the fifth grade or something?

noa
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes, not a credit to Surtain.

That's again my point.

If you want me to point out every single play, give me 3 or 4 days and I'll sort it out for you.

If you want to pretend like Lenny Walls gave up 250-some yards and 2 scores, be my guest. You're fooling only yourselves.

We gave up 250 yards to the best set of WRs in the league. Its not a great thing to do, but its not the end of the world. We'll have much more favorable matchups from here on out. I really wouldn't worry about the play of our corners right now.

beer bacon
10-09-2006, 11:22 AM
So when exactly has Surtain been picked on? How many TDs has he given up?

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Honestly, are you calling our defense a piece of sh*t right now just because YOU don't think a particular player is playing up to YOUR level?

Wow, I didn't realize you were that stupid. Let me make it easy for you:

Surtain was the metaphoric piece of shit, the rest of the defense was the metaphoric roses.

Wow. ROFL :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
10-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Law has a couple INTs, if memory serves Knight, Wesley & Page(or was that Pollard in pre-season?) all have one. I bet he's catching it in the locker room with some playful ribbing. He'll be playing balls out, if he hasn't been already

beer bacon
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
In four games we have given up 30 receptions, 369 yards, and two TDs to the opposing teams #1 and 2 WRs, including Bryant Johnson in yesterday's game.

Hang Surtain now :cuss:

noa
10-09-2006, 11:50 AM
By the way, Surtain led the team in tackles.
I know you're going to say that if he covered better, he wouldn't have to make tackles, but the point is that he makes tackles and stops big plays, which was a huge problem for us in the past. How many times did we have to witness our secondary fail to make crucial tackles in the past? Yesterday, we gave up one big play, and it was our #3 CB.

HemiEd
10-09-2006, 11:54 AM

I know this thread is stupid, but Brock, 1/3?

sedated
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
When we played the Bengals, they didn't have Houshmenzadeh. We don't play the Colts this year. That means that we just played the toughest WR tandem of the season for us.

actually, for a quarter

Fitzgerald left after the first, and suddenly their offense slowed down

Brock
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM

Even worse, 1/4.

noa
10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
actually, for a quarter

Fitzgerald left after the first, and suddenly their offense slowed down

This is true, but Bryant Johnson is a pretty good back up. He's another first round pick. He's no Larry Fitzgerald, but he's better than most #3 WRs

HemiEd
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Even worse, 1/4.
ROFL Yep,

Hoover
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I love how Law makes one INT and now Surtain sucks ass.

Lzen
10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
One of the dumbest threads ever.

Fish
10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Surtain is just a less-obvious version of Kendrell Bell. He's not that bad, but he's not nearly very good, either.

Wow..... this.... it's just..... wow............

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM

ROFL

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 01:52 PM
If Surtain could catch he would be a WR. We knew he was a CB when we hired him.

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I care very little about pro bowls. I care very much about your defensive secondary playing good ball. They are doing just that. Surtain included.

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 02:00 PM
I care very little about pro bowls.

Figure of speech. Basically, Law's earning his coin.

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Figure of speech. Basically, Law's earning his coin.
Surtain is playing good ball. Perfect? No. Good...for sure.