PDA

View Full Version : N00b (sp?) Anger And What To Do About It

FAX
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I have noticed that the Planet N00bs (sp?) are displaying a high degree of animosity lately and my curiosity is heightened. I am, therefore, posting this compelling and thought provoking thread which I call, "N00b (sp?) Anger And What To Do About It".

Why are these N00bs (sp?) so ill-tempered and irritable? What drives them to demean, disparage, denigrate, and degrade veteran posters and other N00bs (sp?) alike with such extreme choler and animus? Does this new generation no longer aspire to be good N00bs (sp?)? And, most importantly, who is going to do something about it?

Has Mr. Bob Dole lost his burst? Have all the uncalled for and unfortunate attacks on Mr. Skip Towne caused him to soften his heart? Has Mr. Rain Man lost his copy of the complete works of William Carlos Williams? Ladies and gentlemen, we may well be on the verge of anarchy and I am deeply concerned.

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if way-over-the-top post.

FAX

dirk digler
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Skip fell in love with GoChiefs

PastorMikH
10-09-2006, 12:03 PM
The thing about nOOBs is you can use your slams over and over. Since they are new, the slams are new to them. Save the original material for the guys that have been around a while.

:)

Fire Me Boy!
10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
I have noticed that the Planet N00bs (sp?) are displaying a high degree of animosity lately and my curiosity is heightened. I am, therefore, posting this compelling and thought provoking thread which I call, "N00b (sp?) Anger And What To Do About It".

Why are these N00bs (sp?) so ill-tempered and irritable? What drives them to demean, disparage, denigrate, and degrade veteran posters and other N00bs (sp?) alike with such extreme choler and animus? Does this new generation no longer aspire to be good N00bs (sp?)? And, most importantly, who is going to do something about it?

Has Mr. Bob Dole lost his burst? Have all the uncalled for and unfortunate attacks on Mr. Skip Towne caused him to soften his heart? Has Mr. Rain Man lost his copy of the complete works of William Carlos Williams? Ladies and gentlemen, we may well be on the verge of anarchy and I am deeply concerned.

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost. Sorry if way-over-the-top post.

FAX

Im out of animus. I guess I just an an anus.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I do think that Skip has mellowed down after being blasted by many of the Planet's regulars for his animosity toward n00bs. Perhaps they're just not being weeded out as well as they used to be.

plbrdude
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
prolly somethin in the water.

redbrian
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Have all the uncalled for and unfortunate attacks on Mr. Skip Towne caused him to soften his heart? Has Mr. Rain Man lost his copy of the complete works of William Carlos Williams? Ladies and gentlemen, we may well be on the verge of anarchy and I am deeply concerned.

FAX

ROFL

How dare these upstart welps attack Skippy.......... ROFL

The planet could use a little anarchy.......after all was that not the root of the planet. :p

jidar
10-09-2006, 12:16 PM
It's because you guys are a bunch of grabassing faggots

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I do think that Skip has mellowed down after being blasted by many of the Planet's regulars for his animosity toward n00bs. Perhaps they're just not being weeded out as well as they used to be.
That's about right. You don't weed them out, and this is what you get.

luv
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
It's because you guys are a bunch of grabassing faggots.
I've seen two n00bs in the past few days either space or underscore their way through a normally censored word such as the above example. I've not seen anyone one called out on it.

Also, posters are getting younger and younger. Younger people were not raised to show respect, IMO. THey come in here and act like they have something to prove, or like the world owes them something.

As for the older n00bs that act like this, I really don't know what their excuses are for acting like douches.

Fire Me Boy!
10-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I've seen two n00bs in the past few days either space or underscore their way through a normally censored word such as the above example. I've not seen anyone one called out on it.

Also, posters are getting younger and younger. Younger people were not raised to show respect, IMO. THey come in here and act like they have something to prove, or like the world owes them something.

As for the older n00bs that act like this, I really don't know what their excuses are for acting like douches.
Where I come from, the ho's knew when to keep their mouths shut.

:p

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Jidar, we can't have you bypassing the word filter...consider this a warning.

luv
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Where I come from, the ho's knew when to keep their mouths shut.

:p
And if we didn't, we got bitch-slapped. Yes, I remember. :)

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
We don't allow getting around the filter like that but its hard to catch everything.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
did you get my PM from yesterday luv?

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 01:19 PM
What I have noticed about the younger generation is that they dont show respect at all. Quite materialistic in ways, and rather annoying to boot

Jilly
10-09-2006, 01:30 PM
what constitutes a noob? When I first posted, I was given no crap at all...but then I'm female, so I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Fire Me Boy!
10-09-2006, 01:33 PM
what constitutes a noob? When I first posted, I was given no crap at all...but then I'm female, so I don't know if that had something to do with it.
b00bs negate n00bs. They had everything to do with it.

Jayhawkerman2001

from what I have noticed, it does make a difference to them old horny bastards, lol!!! no, really, I have noticed most guys being quite a bit nicer when they know you're a female.

Bob Dole

Use the "Report post" link at the bottom of the message.

FAX
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
There's an old Planeteer saying, Ms. Jilly.

"When a N00b (sp?) has boobs, Planeteers lube their tubes and rep green cubes."

FAX

TinyEvel
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Examples? The only irate/confrontational n00b on my radar has been eChief. He got into a few pissing matches his first few times out.

Maybe they're like abused childred who turn out to be abusers. If we're kind and welcoming to them, they'll in turn be that way to others. :grouphug:

Lonewolf Ed
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Is there a number of posts one must reach in order to not be considered a n00b any longer?

TinyEvel
10-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Is there a number of posts one must reach in order to not be considered a n00b any longer?

Lonewolf Ed
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM

Great, then in about ten years, I will finally be worthy.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I was actually a little disappointed that I didnt ragged on a little harder, well Ive only been here a couple of months so I guess theres more time.

Jilly
10-09-2006, 01:51 PM
ah well, at least they come in handy for something! :shrug:

TinyEvel
10-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I was actually a little disappointed that I didnt ragged on a little harder, well Ive only been here a couple of months so I guess theres more time.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I forgot to give you this...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdKIHxTMNDs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdKIHxTMNDs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:)

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 02:39 PM

Who could not like Jake and Elwood??

Welcome to the Planet.

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Actually, I think the new crop of Noobs looks very promising.

Welcome to the Planet Guys!!

jidar
10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
What the ****. Someone ratted me out to the admins. You dirty bastard fags.

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
What the ****. Someone ratted me out to the admins. You dirty bastard Rump Rangers.
Eh, it doesn't take a special investigation and back channel communication to find this stuff.

You posted a message on a board. ROFL!

The Dude Abides
10-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Everyone here has been way cool, and either intelligent or funny things to contribute. That being said, I have noticed that a few old guys are cranky, like redrum and elboracho. But the rest of the Planet rock!

Iowanian
I guess you'd know....your pillow has been chewed on more than a leg bone at a pit bull puppy mill.

You're such a butt pirate, I'm surprised each of your posts aren't signed off with an "Aaaaaaaaaarg"

It's because you guys are a bunch of grabassing pillowbiters

DaFace

I think it depends on your reaction. People that take up rediculous positions and refuse to logically debate them are in for a rough ride. If you're not an ass and are willing to consider others' positions, you normally don't catch much flack. I'm not sure I've ever had someone refer to me as being a n00b except in jest since I came here.

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 02:48 PM

A beautiful girl that makes smart and funny post-should not be given shit around here-on the other hand-we do have some women haters on the Planet.

Iowanian
10-09-2006, 02:50 PM
smoooooooooth. Fonzy Smooth.

The Dude Abides
10-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah, can't forget Iowanian. He will have a heart attack in 3 months, so it's all good.

The Dude Abides
10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Kidding

Iowanian
10-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Unnacceptable! Iowanian, cannot take a joke!

Effing Noob.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 02:53 PM
more like, we hope he has a heart attack in 3 months, HAHA!!

Jilly
10-09-2006, 02:57 PM
A beautiful girl that makes smart and funny post-should not be given shit around here-on the other hand-we do have some women haters on the Planet.

There is no blushing smilie, or I would insert one here.

Iowanian
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll wager halfcan has a picture of you drawn on a napkin or sticky note on his desk right now, drawing an arrow, saying that exact same thing to himself.

I would insert one here.

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Who are the woman haters?

jidar
10-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I guess you'd know....your pillow has been chewed on more than a leg bone at a pit bull puppy mill.

You're such a butt pirate, I'm surprised each of your posts aren't signed off with an "Aaaaaaaaaarg"

I told your mother to stop chewing on the ****ing pillow or bring her own. She never listens.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 03:01 PM
GoChiefs, he don't need to love on the ladies, hes not into that kind of thing

Iowanian
10-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Good Ole Jarjar never disappoints. The Hetero Act is commendable.

Bill Parcells
10-09-2006, 03:02 PM
HAHA!!!
nOOb checking in..

I was an ahole in the beginning..it was fun..lol..I think bwana neg repped me 7 times in 2 days..I got bombarded with neg rep..haha!!!

But..I was ascimilated!!!!!!!!!!Bwana and Skip are 2 of my favorite posters that made me lmao!!

And I turned away from the dark side of the force!!!!

To be a proud citizen of the Planet

Bill Parcells

Predarat
10-09-2006, 03:14 PM
it.

Age ain't nuthin' but a number!

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Age ain't nuthin' but a number!

HAH!! for some people yes, but for most... not really.

Saulbadguy
10-09-2006, 03:18 PM

You are a stupid ****.

Saulbadguy
10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
God damn..where is Brando?

4th and Long
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW!
KILL!
KILL!
KILL!

Bill Parcells
10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
GoChiefs, he don't need to love on the ladies, hes not into that kind of thing
:LOL:

BucEyedPea
10-09-2006, 03:45 PM
There is no blushing smilie, or I would insert one here.
:redface: There ya' go girl!

Easy 6
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
One of the biggest reasons i JUST HAD to join the Planet was because of how tough it is to get started here, you have to go through a very rigorous vetting process here and it should stay that way. When i was just reading the threads (B4 joining) it amazed me how many guys were verbally beaten to within an inch of their lives for gettin' to frisky early on...............The Planet closes ranks with its own :arrow: