PDA

View Full Version : King Carl

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 08:44 AM
I will be the 1st to admit that I was at the end of my rope with Carl after he couldn't get our 1st rounder in camp for the 2nd straight year...And I also feared that he was getting soft and was going to sit on his hands and let Gun come back as HC again next year...But after seeing that he was just as pissed off and disappointed with this season as we all were, I now realize that a lot of my disappointment in him was misplaced...

I have been reading all of these heart felt thoughts on how Gun is being mishandled and that Carl is embarrassing the team...Well I am here to say that I am proud of what he is doing...This is big business and most importantly this is football. His job isn't to worry about hurting peoples feelings and blowing warm kisses to underperformers...The toughest part of management's job is making personnel decisions. Knowing that you are going to greatly alter a person's life and family isn't easy especially when you have developed a good relationship with them...But that is part of the job and that is often times what sets the good GM's apart from the bad...As Bob Knight once said "guys we aren't playing canasta, people get bloody noses and broken bones out here..."

So in summary the more ruthless and nasty Carl becomes in the name of making us a better team and franchise, the higher he moves up my on my board...

------------------
[b]Leading the Dan Morgan bandwagon</B>

Cannibal
01-05-2001, 08:50 AM
Maybe so, but giving up draft pick compensation for a 64 year head coach is not going to make us a better team. It certainly won't bring us a championship.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/cannibal1970/player7475.jpg

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

Cannibal
01-05-2001, 08:55 AM
I'm glad the Stooges are gone, but now Peterson is just bringing in another set of Stooges to replace them.

I've even heard that Vermiel is planning on bringing in Vince Tobin as D-coordinator!

It's a bad hire IMO, if it even happens.

------------------

Damn man! I'm hungry... anybody got a doughnut up in this mutha fugga? I won't jump offsides if ya gimme one bidge!

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 08:55 AM
Last I checked Carl is getting ready to meet with the league office cause he isn't looking to give the Scrams anything other than a big $hit burger to eat...

------------------

Gaz
01-05-2001, 08:56 AM
The impression I get from the Carl-bashing posts is that some folks are mad that Carl did not conduct his business in the public arena. It sounds as if we should all going to form a committee to decide how Gunther and his Stooges should be ushered out of KC. We could have hearings and public comment sessions and submit Carl's plan to public arbitration.

Nonsense.

Carl was hired to manage the business end of Chiefs affairs. His job is to give up as little as possible and gain as much as possible for our team. That does not mean he should keep the public informed on his moves. As a matter of fact, that would hurt his bargaining position.

We also have no idea how Gunther and the Stooges were informed of their fate, so the rampant speculation on this point is moot. Although if they did not know they were going to be fired, it is further proof that they are unqualified to be Coordinators. "What, you mean I didn't do a good job?"

The "outrage" does illustrate quite nicely the biases of some folks who think Carl walking an old lady across the street demonstrated his disdain for older people.

xoxo~
gaz
letting Carl do his job, and liking the job he is doing.<BR>

Cannibal
01-05-2001, 09:00 AM
If the League gets involved WE WILL PAY BIGTIME!

The League does not like settling these disputes. They had to do it for the Pats with Bellichek and the Pats had to give up a 1st rounder.

But I don't want Vermiel even if there is no compensation. He's too old and he's going to hire a bunch of dolts for his staff.

I still think it's a bad hire.

------------------

Bricky
01-05-2001, 09:01 AM
Gaz, I am with you. I had a very similar post on another thread.

Cannibal, are you ever happy? Are you ever not p!ssed off about something?

Inquiring minds want to know.<BR>

Cannibal
01-05-2001, 09:02 AM
Of course, when the right moves are made.

------------------

Clint in Wichita
01-05-2001, 09:11 AM
Vince Tobin and Al Saunders ARE NOT the types of coordinators that will help this team.

Saunders coached the Rams' receivers. What a difficult job. That's like being the Colts QB coach.

Tobin shouldn't even be in the NFL. What a moron.

Dickfer Meal should know better.

MrBlond
01-05-2001, 09:12 AM
I am an avowed Carl Basher. I don't disagree with anything Carl has done in regards to the coaching situation. That being said lets not forget that Gun and Raye, and Stock, and Kurt were his mistakes. He is only cleaning his mistakes. It reminds me of people saying how great a draft pick Sly Morris was. Well if he would have drafted a decent reciever in 10 years he would not have had to drafted Morris and we could have coupled that 1st rounder and went after Dillon which we would not have had to do if he would have drafted Dillon or a runner like him in the last 10 years. I will never give credit to King Carl. I will not give Carl credit for firing Gun and the stooges when just 2 years ago Carl told us Gun was the right man for the job.

58Forever
01-05-2001, 09:17 AM
What's really sick and this was said on another thread...is the way the media all of a sudden is playing the sympathy game...Gun deserves better, Carl is handling this badly...while for the past 3 months all we've read about is how Carl should fire Gun...I'm confused http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

NaptownChief
01-05-2001, 09:22 AM
Eveyone makes mistakes...The smart people quickly pull the plug, adjust and learn form them...

I think Tobin is not a bad choice...He did well with the Bears and he made the Colt's D play much better than their talent level...

------------------

morphius
01-05-2001, 09:33 AM
It is odd that everyone is cussing out CP for this, but if it wasn't for some leaks we wouldn't know any of this and it would appear to be much more professional. It is actually the unproffessionalism of the leak that is causing all these issues, for them to come out and talk about conversations about peoples futures and leak that to the press so that the persons involved find out through the media before the boss can tell them what has been decided is a truly cruel thing to do. Just something to think about.

Of course, sadly, I enjoy getting the info, so I place myself in a catch 22.

MrBlond
01-05-2001, 09:37 AM
"The smart people quickly pull the plug, adjust and learn form them..."

Do you think this applies to Peterson? Quickly? Adjust? Learn from them? Carl has been here 12 years. Kurt, 12 years. Raye, 9 years. Stock, 6 years. Now we are going to fire them? we have missed the playoff for 4 out of 5 years while under the direction of these men. Quickly? Adjust? Learn from mistakes? These phrases do not describe King Carl.

morphius
01-05-2001, 09:40 AM
Joe - WHB is funny, they say that we should fire him immediatly during the season, but now are mad how they fired him.

morphius
01-05-2001, 10:16 AM
Stupid dup

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 01-05-2001).]