PDA

View Full Version : Revised AFC Division outlook

Logical
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
San Diego is now IMO the favorite to win the division

Denver is in line to finish second, just good enough to beat most teams but probably not pass San Diego

Kansas City, slight chance for 10-6 right now almost a good team. O-line weakness is kiling any optimism I might have.

Oakland ROFL

Hoover
10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
10-6 will still win this division.

The team that has the best road record will win the west.

SD and Denver will be really tough at home, same goes for the Chiefs.

I'm not drinkin ght e Denver kool-aide. I think they have a good defense, but I think they lack a solid running game for when they are on the road.

I think the Chargers and Chiefs are basically the same team. Great running backs, so so QB's, solid D's.

It all comes down to road games.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Injuries could kill anyone at anytime. Not that I would root for anyo:-)

JimNasium
10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
I think that 11-5 or 12-4 is what it takes to win the division. The Chiefs end up looking a ton better if Welborne comes back and Turley gets healthy. Add to that the return of Trent Green and his ability to stretch the field and suddenly you'll see our running game looking somewhat like it did at the end of last season. If those pieces of the puzzle fall into place then we have a chance. If they don't I think it's a stretch to say that we will do any better than 8-8.

Woodrow Call
10-09-2006, 12:37 PM
The Chiefs end up looking a ton better if Welborne comes back

Would Welbourn be eligible to come back for the SD game?

JimNasium
10-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Would Welbourn be eligible to come back for the SD game?
I'm not aware of the specifics of his suspension. I'm assuming it would take him several weeks to get into playing condition so I doubt it. Does anyone know when he's eligible to return?

Smed1065
10-09-2006, 12:59 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-welbournsuspension&prov=ap&type=lgns

September 6, 2006 KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/) tackle John Welbourn, who unexpectedly retired in June, was suspended for six weeks Wednesday for violating the league's drug policy. Welbourn, who was also suspended for the first four games in 2005 under the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs, had asked to be reinstated, said Chiefs president Carl Peterson.

The Chiefs still have Welbourn under contract for three years. And with the unexpected retirement in July of Pro Bowl left tackle Willie Roaf, they have a need at offensive tackle. But whether the 30-year-old Welbourn is taken back remains to be seen, Peterson said. "We'll determine that after the suspension is finished. I'm not going to comment on that," Peterson told The Associated Press. The Chiefs had placed him on the reserve-did not report list. "Obviously I knew about this for some time," Peterson said. "I guess you could say we anticipated this."

The Chiefs have an early bye week this season, so Welbourn's suspension will last seven weeks, during which he will not be allowed on the facility to work out or do anything else. An announcement by the NFL office in New York said he would be eligible to return to the Chiefs on Oct. 23. "Specific to what his status will be with the Chiefs after the suspension, we'll address at that time," Peterson said. A seven-year veteran, Welbourn cited a desire "to retire on my own terms rather than somebody else's," when he retired in June. He has a degree in rhetoric from California and said he planned to go to law school and work with his father and brother, who are attorneys. Welbourn was acquired by Kansas City from Philadelphia in 2004 after coming into the league as a fourth-round draft choice in 1999. He was hampered by a knee injury during his first year in Kansas City, and then was suspended for the beginning of the 2005 schedule. He started the last nine games at right tackle for the Chiefs last year. Peterson said he had not talked recently with Welbourn. "I hope he's learned something," Peterson said. "This is two strikes. It's perplexing because he is a very bright guy." A third positive test for performance-enhacing drugs would subject him to a 10-game suspension and he could be banned for life at the discretion of the commissioner.

Looks like October 23 would the earliest possible. This was the lastest news I remember.

Hog Farmer
10-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Denver is in line to finish second, just good enough to beat most teams but probably not pass San Diego

Kansas City, slight chance for 10-6 right now almost a good team. O-line weakness is kiling any optimism I might have.

Oakland ROFL

You're a friggin genious!

manchambo
10-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Oakland ROFL
I think you have to reserve judgnent on Denver v. SD until after tonight. Seems to me that, if Denver handles the Ravens, it's hard to objectively pick one over the other.

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
We have just as good a chance as the Cheatin Donks- and Martyball Chargers.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm not aware of the specifics of his suspension. I'm assuming it would take him several weeks to get into playing condition so I doubt it. Does anyone know when he's eligible to return?If he is going to come back, then it is inexcusable for him to not be in physical condition to play right away. Now, working in the practices and being game ready, one need only look up I65 for the answer.

PastorMikH
10-09-2006, 01:22 PM
HEY! I THINK OAKLAND IS DOING AN OUTSTANDING JOB THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

vailpass
10-09-2006, 01:41 PM

I think the Chargers and Chiefs are basically the same team. Great running backs, so so QB's, solid D's.

ROFL Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying KC is the same caliber team as San Diego?
Or are you just saying that relatively speaking their strengths lie in the same areas although San diego is a MUCH better team than KC?

CupidStunt
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
San Diego is by far the class of the division. No one else can hold a candle to them. They make the rest look like trash.

jidar
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
If we take welbourne back I hope he was working out with the juice while he was in downtime.

ChargerBolt
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM

The team that has the best road record will win the west.

SD and Denver will be really tough at home, same goes for the Chiefs.

I'm not drinkin ght e Denver kool-aide. I think they have a good defense, but I think they lack a solid running game for when they are on the road.

HAHAHA ya right...the chargers and the chiefs are the same team if you take away our QB, RBs, TE, defense, O line, receivers, and then age everyone that's left by 10 years. lol