PDA

View Full Version : Why on earth did Denny Green call a timeout?

Saulbadguy
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
It was what, a 19 yard field goal? Did he think he was going to ice Tynes?

That was terrible clock management..and may have cost him the game.

OnTheWarpath58
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
As well as throwing the ball all over the field from 6:00 left.......

I guess running out the clock isn't in the playbook?

trndobrd
10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I think KC would have been able to run another 25 sec off the clock if AZ hadn't called time out.

I am more impressed with Herm's decision NOT to call timeout before AZ kicked the 51 yard attempt. The AZ field goal unit was running around and did not look settled. Their kicker was looking rushed and was basically running on the field with no time to set up. I really expected Herm to call a timeout in order to "ice" the kicker....that is to say, give him time to go through his routine, focus and make the kick.

ck_IN
10-09-2006, 01:51 PM
As I said the other day, Green would make a great scout. But he's a lousy head coach.

Basileus777
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Its obvious Denny Green needs a Dick Curl.

CosmicPal
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I think KC would have been able to run another 25 sec off the clock if AZ hadn't called time out.

Actually, that's incorrect. The play was called dead 'cause it was a fumble and the Chiefs recovered. Had he not fumbled the ball in the pile, the clock would've continued to run.

I was wondering why Green called it too. He called it when our field goal unit was setting up to kick.

Cochise
10-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Because he's Dennis Green.

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 02:18 PM

I am more impressed with Herm's decision NOT to call timeout before AZ kicked the 51 yard attempt. The AZ field goal unit was running around and did not look settled. Their kicker was looking rushed and was basically running on the field with no time to set up. I really expected Herm to call a timeout in order to "ice" the kicker....that is to say, give him time to go through his routine, focus and make the kick.That was my call to. Icing the kicker is over rated. It gives them more time to practice their "golf swing".

Calcountry
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Actually, that's incorrect. The play was called dead 'cause it was a fumble and the Chiefs recovered. Had he not fumbled the ball in the pile, the clock would've continued to run.

I was wondering why Green called it too. He called it when our field goal unit was setting up to kick.Just dumb. They could have scored a TD if they would have had it, what, with the prevent D we had going on. Of course, knowing they had no timeout probably affected the D we called.

BigRock
10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't know what the rule is, but after they determined that KC still had the ball after Brown's fumble I think the clock started running again until Denny's timeout. Maybe they just adjusted it by a few seconds or something, though.

JBucc
10-09-2006, 03:44 PM
The front part of that last drive was stupid too. They kept throwing like 2 yard passes over the middle. What was that all about?

ChiefsFan4Life
10-09-2006, 03:45 PM
You can blame Denny for that timeout - but I think we would have been done had Bryant Johnson caught that TD pass over Walls that would have put them up 27-10

cmh6476
10-09-2006, 05:17 PM
It's nice to play a coach with worse clock management skills than our own :thumb:

siberian khatru
10-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I am more impressed with Herm's decision NOT to call timeout before AZ kicked the 51 yard attempt. The AZ field goal unit was running around and did not look settled. Their kicker was looking rushed and was basically running on the field with no time to set up. I really expected Herm to call a timeout in order to "ice" the kicker....that is to say, give him time to go through his routine, focus and make the kick.

Good of you to bring that up. I was sitting there fully expecting to see that "ice" TO called, and it never came, and I think you're absolutely right -- it was a great non-call.

Rain Man
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM
The front part of that last drive was stupid too. They kept throwing like 2 yard passes over the middle. What was that all about?

Yeah. I was squinting at the television thinking, "Am I missing something?"

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah. I was squinting at the television thinking, "Am I missing something?"
You haven't been the same since that meteor hit your house.

Rain Man
10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
You haven't been the same since that meteor hit your house.

I think the radiation is affecting me. I'm sprouting wings and antennae.