PDA

View Full Version : Fumbles

el borracho
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM
What is with all the fumbles this year and how do the Chiefs fix it?

|Zach|
10-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Focus.

noa
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Fumbling is a correctable problem, but you have to work on it by changing where you hold the ball. We just need to identify what Tiki Barber changed to stop fumbling the ball 6 times every season.

jidar
10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I've been thinking about this.

I can't speak for the other runners, but the effort LJ puts into yards after contact is part of what exposes the ball.
I'm not saying you can't protect the ball and gain yardage too, but I think the style he has of hitting defenders and then digging in and pushing leaves the ball exposed a little longer than most other backs and that's naturally going to get you a few more fumbles.

I hope it's correctable, but I've kind of resigned myself to seeing the occasional fumble out of LJ.

Of course those fumbles yesterday were just hamfisted drops.

DJJasonp
10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Focus.

I think you're right....

What LJ really needs to get him back on track (mentally) is for Priest Holmes to get a clean bill of health. I bet you would see "angry LJ" again in no time.

Bugeater
10-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Velcro.

picasso
10-09-2006, 02:16 PM
I think you're right....

What LJ really needs to get him back on track (mentally) is for Priest Holmes to get a clean bill of health. I bet you would see "angry LJ" again in no time.

Absolutely!
If Priest came back the competition or rather the threat would be there again. What I have noticed is that LJ picked up some great lessons in patience from Priest but he needs to remember that patience in a 2nd and 8 and patience in a 3 and 2 are totally different. He needs to hit a 3 and 2 like a crazed bull on crack instead of tiptoeing to the line when the gaps are plugged. He needs to make a hole if the hole isn't there.

runnercyclist
10-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Hold on to the ball

Skip Towne
10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
LJ may have gotten charged with that first fumble but Lenny said it is the QB's job to put the ball in the RB's belly. The RB is busy looking where he is going to go and can't look down. That was on Huard.

TinyEvel
10-09-2006, 06:00 PM
LJ may have gotten charged with that first fumble but Lenny said it is the QB's job to put the ball in the RB's belly. The RB is busy looking where he is going to go and can't look down. That was on Huard.

Yeah. now that Trent's hanging around, I'd have him demonstrate that handoff and Have Huard adn LJ drill it a hundred times this week. Once in the Cincy game and once here are two too many.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
LJ has been credited with only 2 fumbles-I guess the rest were on Huard?

jlscorpio
10-10-2006, 12:53 PM
it's the new NBA ball...