PDA

View Full Version : Is Dante Hall in jeopardy of losing his return postion?

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
With the 51 yard return by the rookie is there a chance that Dante will be relegated to being a WR only.

Crashride
10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
No.

Count Alex's Losses
That was a quick thread.

Basileus777
He just returned a punt for a td, no way.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Anybody hear if he is ok? He looked like he was in a lot of pain on the bench yesterday.

runnercyclist
10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes, this week.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
One good return does not a superstar make.

Crashride
10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Dantes tough, hell be returning sunday

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Anybody hear if he is ok? He looked like he was in a lot of pain on the bench yesterday.

The TV dudes said that he had a hip pointer.

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
One good return does not a superstar make.

Could be, but with Dante dinged up a bit it would be worth giving him a few shots to see if he can make the grade. You never know, he could be the next premire returner in the NFL.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Watching Dante out there this year, he doesnt really look the same. Its probably because they've been using him in the offense quite a bit, which they need to stop doing so webb can get some touches or something.

Demonpenz
10-09-2006, 07:17 PM
that hole blew wide open for webb

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
that hole blew wide open for webb

I noticed the hole, but I also noticed the speed at which Webb blew through that hole.

Fish
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
With the 51 yard return by the rookie is there a chance that Dante will be relegated to being a WR only.

Just when I thought this thread was stupid enough.....

Watching Dante out there this year, he doesnt really look the same. Its probably because they've been using him in the offense quite a bit, which they need to stop doing so webb can get some touches or something.

Boom.....

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Just when I thought this thread was stupid enough.....

Ok old wise one, why is this a suptid thread?

What is the longevity of the typical punt returner? Dante is quickly leaving the quick steps behind. You are aware that as you age your body reacts to the damage done to it as well as just getting old.

BOOM, there you are!

DaFace
10-09-2006, 07:32 PM

What is the longevity of the typical punt returner? Dante is quickly leaving the quick steps behind. You are aware that as you age your body reacts to the damage done to it as well as just getting old.

BOOM, there you are!

Dante is currently ranked #3 in average PR in the NFL. Yep. Sure is getting old.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2006, 07:33 PM
WTF, the guy could pass the all time return for TDs mark this year and you have both feet in his grave??

FWIW, Brian Mitchell was an effective returner into his mid-30's. Dante is 27/8. He's still got several good years left. Cripes.

eChief
10-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Dante is currently ranked #3 in average PR in the NFL. Yep. Sure is getting old.

Try to keep up, Dante currently has a hip pointer. That will surely slow him down. Age might not have anything to do with the current situation, but he isn't getting any younger and a small player tends to break a little quicker than the beefier players.

DaFace
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I just don't get this new slew of people who think that we should abandon what works in favor of something that MIGHT work. If Dante comes back and is having troubles, then fine, put in the backup. Until that becomes a problem, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
It's just a bone bruise. If they limit his role in the offense the next few weeks, he'll be fine.

blueballs
10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I hope Fax is happy
echief is

Easy 6
10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM

BOOM, there you are!

eChief, you're a frickin idiot. This is a "suptid" thread because you are pretty "suptid" yourself.

Dante is having a very good year so far. He already has a TD return, and has had several other 30+ yard returns.

He hasn't lost anything. In fact, I'd say he's running smarter this year by not dancing so much and getting straight upfield.

Mosbonian
10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
eChief, you're a frickin idiot. This is a "suptid" thread because you are pretty "suptid" yourself.

Dante is having a very good year so far. He already has a TD return, and has had several other 30+ yard returns.

He hasn't lost anything. In fact, I'd say he's running smarter this year by not dancing so much and getting straight upfield.

Fish:

I'll be your huckleberry.....

What makes you believe that Dante is having a good year? And to use the words of someone, one return does not a comeback make.

Quite frankly i agree on some level with what eChief is hinting at. Think real hard about how long it was between TD returns for Dante. Don't get me wrong, I think he can still be exciting, but more times than not last year and thus far this one, Dante has been ineffective. His biggest problem is thinking that the juking and trying to make people miss him is smart. Dante's most effective runs have been when he went vertical and not horizontal!

And don't discount the damage that all the returns have done to him over the past 3 years....there is nothing wrong with grooming his heir apparent, and giving him a little more exposure on offense.

I'm old enough to remember the short lived career of Noland Smith and the other's like him who were great returners whos career was shortened by the constant punishment of KR and PR's.

Before calling someone "and idiot" (CP spelling) remember that around here what you say can, and will, be used against you in a later post.

mmaddog

Direckshun
10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I think Dante should go for the juggler.

Mosbonian
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I think Dante should go for the juggler.

Why...because he wants to join the circus?

Don't you mean jugular?

mmaddog

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Webb would've scored on that noise had he not tripped...

NJ Chief Fan
10-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Is Dante Hall in jeopardy of losing his return postion?
SHUT UP n00b

YOUR AND IDIOT!

Mosbonian
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
SHUT UP n00b

YOUR AND IDIOT!

Since I have a longer tenure on here than you that makes you a n00b to me....

Sit Down n00b....you're in danger of being called and idiot. :p

mmaddog

Bowser
10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
WTF is going on here?

leviw
10-09-2006, 09:17 PM

Sentiments like these are repetive and have been since 2004.

Fish
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I'll be your huckleberry.....

What makes you believe that Dante is having a good year? And to use the words of someone, one return does not a comeback make.

Quite frankly i agree on some level with what eChief is hinting at. Think real hard about how long it was between TD returns for Dante. Don't get me wrong, I think he can still be exciting, but more times than not last year and thus far this one, Dante has been ineffective. His biggest problem is thinking that the juking and trying to make people miss him is smart. Dante's most effective runs have been when he went vertical and not horizontal!

If you aren't aware of Hall's good numbers so far this year, you haven't been watching very closely. He's 2nd in the league in total punt return yards while playing 1 less game. He's got 167 punt return yds in 4 games. Avg. 12.8yds. 1 TD. Long of 60. 3 returns of 20+. Kick returning he's averaging 23.2 yds. To say he's been ineffective is just ignorant. And if you would read my earlier post I mentioned that he is running upfield much more this year, and has mentioned as much in interviews.

And yes he had 2 yrs between return TDs, but that really isn't uncommon. You can't expect him to have 4 every season. I'm all for grooming his heir apparent, but to say Dante has lost it would be an insult to his play so far this year.

And feel free to use anything I say against me at any time. I'll stand by what I said.

Logical
10-09-2006, 09:38 PM

He hasn't lost anything. In fact, I'd say he's running smarter this year by not dancing so much and getting straight upfield.ROFL Not that your point is wrong.

Brock
10-09-2006, 09:39 PM
The board is being overrun by morons.

Halfcan
10-09-2006, 10:27 PM
LOL nice thread