PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious advice...

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Ok, first off, here's my league scoring:

http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2006/options?L=32225&O=09

Ok, this is a money league, I paid a lot of money to get here, and right now I'm sitting at 4-1. The guy that has LJ is fed up with him, and wants to trade him.

He's offered me Larry Johnson, Hines Ward and Heath Miller for Tiki Barber, Chad Johnson and Kellen Winslow.

First off, Tiki doesn't get red zone carries...and if you look at the link I provided, this league is definitely touchdown heavy.

What do you guys think?

DaFace
10-10-2006, 12:46 AM
I honestly suck at FF, but based on the current state of the Chiefs' and Steelers' offenses, I'd stick with what you've got.

CosmicPal
10-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Geez, you make it sound so serious. :D

But, seriously, I wouldn't do it. Particularly, if it's TD heavy. Barber does lose Goal-line carries to Jacobs, Chad "I Never Shut Up" Johnson loses catches to the other 15 WR's on the roster and quite honestly is looking pretty over-rated thus far this season. Winslow is intriquing, but Heath Miller has too much upside even though the Steelers are suffering from some offensive woes- the Browns are even worse.

If there's one thing you can count on with LJ is that he has a knack for the end-zone: he's a bigger, badder Marcus Allen- someone you can always rely on to punch it in the endzone no matter what kind of day he's having.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Cosmic, I'm the one getting LJ.

I want to do the deal, but my partner isn't so sure.

I have a huge man-crush on LJ, so I want to know if my bias is the only reason I want to do the deal.

Phobia
10-10-2006, 01:01 AM

Isn't marriage legal in California?

Short Leash Hootie
Isn't marriage legal in California?
We're too young for marriage...

CosmicPal

I have a huge man-crush on LJ, so I want to know if my bias is the only reason I want to do the deal.

Good lord, I'm an idiot. It's late. Forgive me. In that case- do it. The only thing is, if you're not comfortable with it- just do a straight up Tiki for LJ trade.

You did mention that he was "fed up"...Guys who are "fed up" with their players are guys who will do almost anything to get rid of them. If you're not comfortable with losing Chad Johnson and/or Winslow- then do a counter-offer: Tiki for LJ. Straight up.

DaFace
10-10-2006, 01:03 AM
Tiki for LJ. Straight up.

If you could get him to take that, I'd definitely go for that one.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Well, accepted...hope Larry isn't paralyzed.

1,500 dollars to first place.

It's a pretty cool league. There are two leagues; the champions of both leagues square off week 17 for the grand prize.

I have a pretty good team.

CosmicPal
10-10-2006, 01:14 AM
The funny thing is, I have LJ on one of my fantasy teams. My 2nd RB was Kevin Jones and I've been pretty disappointed with him. So, I offered a guy Jones and Chris Chambers for Rudi Johnson. He took it!

I'm pretty happy about it....the best thing of all is that both Johnsons have had their byes, so I don't need anymore RB's- I can set my line-up with both Larry and Rudi each week and play the market for WR's.

The point is- is that when you make trades with peeps, you always want to look at the players' bye weeks. You don't want to give a player away who just had his bye week and then pick up a player who's about to go on a bye week- you just lost a week's worth of production.

So, taking Larry Johnson from him is a good idea for you in that case...I think Tiki is about to go on his bye week.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Tiki already took his bye week.

The only thing that sucks is, I just took Chad Johnson's bye week for this guy...

ChiefFan31
10-10-2006, 01:20 AM
It does sound like a solid trade Hootie, but be careful of the Steelers O.

Hines has come out and said his hammy wont be 100% all year...I still think he will play every game and post solid numbers however.

I think the Steelers will eventually get out of their funk, but Chad Johnson will get his over the course of the year.

Another note, I have been starting Kellen. He is the ONLY offense the browns have. He is going to get solid #'s all year.

I still think its a pretty good trade though, even after spitting all that out. I have LJ in both my leagues and it is fun. Even with our questionable ass blocking skills and the big Target on him. He still puts up good points every week.

cookster50
10-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Trade him a bowl of antifreeze for LJ, straight up!

Guru
10-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Boy, that antifreeze has so many uses that I have lost count.

The Bad Guy
10-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Well, accepted...hope Larry isn't paralyzed.

1,500 dollars to first place.

It's a pretty cool league. There are two leagues; the champions of both leagues square off week 17 for the grand prize.

I have a pretty good team.

I have a hard time taking any league seriously that plays head-to-head games on Week 17.

Better stock up on backups now.

Jilly
10-10-2006, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't trade Chad Johnson. Can you give him like a first round pick or something for next year?

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
I have a hard time taking any league seriously that plays head-to-head games on Week 17.

Better stock up on backups now.
My league championship is on week 16, then week 17 the two champions from each league face off against one another.

I agree though, week 17 FFL sucks.