PDA

View Full Version : We will beat Pittsburgh!!!

ChiefsfaninPA
10-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Call me a homer but we will beat Pittsburgh. Newsflash, they aren't good at all. They beat the Dolphins (who hasn't). There D is good but not consistent. I watched the game Sunday night and was not impressed at all. Our O can handle their D. Their O is non-existent. Hines Ward is a spot receiver at best. Willie Parker, is fast but that is all. He can not outrun D. Johnson and I don't think he will get any farther than the LBs. Their special teams are horrible. They just changed their return man because he sucked. We should beat them in every aspect of the game. END OF STORY!

donkhater
10-10-2006, 09:17 AM
I guess I just see our O-line having big problems with their blitz defense. That doesn't bode well for Huard or LJ since neither of them can be considered sure-handed under that type of pressure.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-10-2006, 09:19 AM
:homer:

boogblaster
10-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Our O has to play mistake free..I think we'll win with our D..and special teams....

jspchief
10-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Huard is going to get crushed.

If we win, we'll need something more from LJ running than we've got so far, and we'll need a stellar defensive performance.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-10-2006, 09:25 AM
I think the way they blitz works to our advantage. Huard has thrown mostly short routes. That will continue because they are going to blitz their safeties and CBs. That should leave the short passes open. It will make them play more honest. We have to exploit this, which I think we can.

burt
10-10-2006, 09:25 AM

If we win, we'll need something more from LJ running than we've got so far, and we'll need a stellar defensive performance.

Huard has shown very little to support that(except the first game but he wasn't in sync with the O yet). Besides, I believe(hope) our coaches develop a game plan to exploit them. Besides, our O line has been very good....or is Pittsburg that good on the Dline?

Fishpicker
10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
huard will be fine. the steeler's rush isn't all that great. they have to send players from the secondary in some cases. huard will pick 'em apart 7 yards at a time.

I do worry about LJ though. we should eliminate toss plays for the entire first half.

jspchief
10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Huard has shown very little to support that(except the first game but he wasn't in sync with the O yet). Besides, I believe(hope) our coaches develop a game plan to exploit them. Besides, our O line has been very good....or is Pittsburg that good on the Dline?Pittsburgh is the best pass rush we'll see all year. The Bears are probably the only team better, and even then I'd say the Steelers' are more complex.

I just don't think there's any way we have a good passing game. It's going to have to be an old fashioned Martyball win.

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Mecca is watching....

jspchief
10-10-2006, 09:30 AM
huard will be fine. the steeler's rush isn't all that great. Yea, just ask Peyton Manning.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Yea, just ask Peyton Manning.

I think a lot of that is the intimidation they put into Manning. A lot of his mistakes are pure mental. Not saying they can't rattle Huard, he just doesn't have a history with being pummeled by them. I think they are in Mannings head. Plus Mannings strengths are not shorter routes.

burt
10-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Pittsburgh is the best pass rush we'll see all year. The Bears are probably the only team better, and even then I'd say the Steelers' are more complex.

I just don't think there's any way we have a good passing game. It's going to have to be an old fashioned Martyball win.

Pound LJ at them the whole first half, sprinkled with a few Denver-game-type short passes?? Then open it the second half....

JBucc
10-10-2006, 09:36 AM
I expect many screen passes and those things to the WR like we threw against AZ. Maybe some draw plays thrown in.

jspchief
10-10-2006, 09:38 AM
I think a lot of that is the intimidation they put into Manning. A lot of his mistakes are pure mental. Not saying they can't rattle Huard, he just doesn't have a history with being pummeled by them. I think they are in Mannings head. Plus Mannings strengths are not shorter routes.I just don't expect to win this game via Damon Huard. We're going to have to get better production from the run game, or defense/STs points.

I'll make this wager. It will be Huard's worst performance as a Chief to date. He's made me eat a lot of crow this year, but I don't expect to be eating crowbeque Sunday night.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
I just don't expect to win this game via Damon Huard. We're going to have to get better production from the run game, or defense/STs points.

I'll make this wager. It will be Huard's worst performance as a Chief to date. He's made me eat a lot of crow this year, but I don't expect to be eating crowbeque Sunday night.

I don't expect Huard to have a career day by any stretch. I just think that the way their D plays works to his one strength so far. LJ needs to have a good day to wear down that D. Our D can handle their O. I don't see any threats from their O besides Parker breaking one. I just don't see him being able to get outside to use his speed. So I guess I agree that it will be a Martyball win for us but we will win.

Fishpicker
10-10-2006, 09:46 AM
meh

Chiefs Pantalones
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I expect many screen passes and those things to the WR like we threw against AZ. Maybe some draw plays thrown in.

WR and RB screens work good against aggressive D's like the Steelers.

BigChiefFan
10-10-2006, 09:50 AM
We've got a chance. Playing in Pittsburgh will be a hostile enviroment, but we can take them out of the game, if we score quickly. We need to catch them by surprise with play-action and go for the throat. Use plenty of 2 and 3 TE sets to help with pass-protcetion and we'll be fine. Getting Turley back should help a little as well. I expect a close game.

MichaelH
10-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Rothlesbunger's passer rating is 41.7 at the moment. The defense can play like they have been lately and keep it there or play like they used to and make it a career day for the struggling QB. If the offensive line can protect Huard and give LJ some running lanes, the former Superbowl champs will look like the 49ers. But it's at their house and I'm concerned about the injuries at key spots. It will be a dog fight for sure.

Hog Farmer
10-10-2006, 10:55 AM

You are usually right about these things, but this time you are dead wrong. Yes we will need a stellar performance from our D, but they have already proven to be just THAT!

AND KEEP ****ING DOUBTING DAMON HUARD !!!!!!!!

bringbackmarty
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
huard will be fine. the steeler's rush isn't all that great. they have to send players from the secondary in some cases. huard will pick 'em apart 7 yards at a time.

I do worry about LJ though. we should eliminate toss plays for the entire first half.
also we should eliminate downfield pass plays when lj is in too cause he cannot block. and we shouldn't hand the ball off to him because he fumbles. Just throw him screen passes, and direct snap the ball to him a few times a quarter.

At some point we just have to run our offense, and the line, lj, and huard need to do the things they haven't been doing. We should just play the game, and the players we have need to step it up.

Mr. Laz
10-10-2006, 12:18 PM
throw shit against the wall enough times and something is bound to stick.

burt
10-10-2006, 12:26 PM
throw shit against the wall enough times and something is bound to stick.

....and viola....shitty walls...........

StcChief
10-10-2006, 12:42 PM
....and viola....shitty walls...........

Lenny Walls better have a better game, and not get torched again.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2006, 07:44 PM
extremely shitty walls..............