PDA

View Full Version : Moss wants to be traded

oaklandhater
10-10-2006, 10:31 AM
http://raiders.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=216994

The Randy Show, episode 412
I really thought Monday might be the day. Randy Moss caught his 100th career touchdown pass against the 49ers a day earlier. And while the Raiders didn't win, at least their offense looked good for a half.

So I approached Moss in the locker room - it was my turn among the beat writers; kind of like cleaning the bathroom at home - and asked for an interview. Didn't even get a grunt. Moss just pursed his lips and shook his head. It wasn't long after that I figured out why the unpredictable one wouldn't speak to us. He didn't want to be late to his weekly radio show!

That's right. If this is Monday, Moss must be talking to Chris Myers and hawking clothes on FOX Sports Radio. Sure enough, here are some of the choicer nuggets in his most recent interview:

On his dropped pass in the end zone: "I was just trying too hard. - I just misjudged everything, kind of like anxious that the ball was coming, trying to get the touchdown. - I've always told my quarterback, 'If it leaves your hand and it touches my hand, then it's my fault, regardless where the ball is positioned or anything like that.' You know, that was my fault. I told Andrew Walter that."

On FOX TV analyst (and former Raiders defensive end) Howie Long, who questioned Moss' passion for the game: "Back in his days, he was probably taking pills and tablets and all that to get them up and going. Nowadays with the drug testing policy and the performance-enhancing policy, it's hard for a player to go out there, himself, and get ready for a game week in and week out. - Of course, he's an analyst to stir up controversy. But for him to take a shot at me and say that I don't have the passion for the game, I love the passion for the game. If I don't have that much passion, you tell his ass to come out here and put some pads on and guard me."

On his recent trade request, also verbalized on Myers' show: "From an organization standpoint, if they don't feel they're getting what they're asking out of me as far as what they're paying me and things like that, then I feel it would be a good fit to loosen up the money that they're paying me to try to bring some other player or players in here to try to get the ship moving."

On whether he has talked to owner Al Davis on the subject: "Going up there and voicing my opinion is like going up there and wasting time. I don't even go."

Chiefs Pantalones
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
We should trade Ryan Sims for Moss.

FAX
10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Aren't there any disgruntled offensive tackles anywhere?

FAX

Thig Lyfe
10-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Trade 'em here!

Dartgod
10-10-2006, 10:37 AM
I guess I missed the part where he asks to be traded. :shrug:

Dartgod
10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Trade 'em here!
F*** NO!

boogblaster
10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Moss would make a nice Donk..but really instead of leaving and putting Chokeland in a bind..stay there and keep them in a bind....

oaklandhater
10-10-2006, 10:41 AM
I guess I missed the part where he asks to be traded. :shrug:

On his recent trade request, also verbalized on Myers' show: "From an organization standpoint, if they don't feel they're getting what they're asking out of me as far as what they're paying me and things like that, then I feel it would be a good fit to loosen up the money that they're paying me to try to bring some other player or players in here to try to get the ship moving:

StcChief
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Leave him there to help sink the Raiders Pirate ship.

Dartgod
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I'm a moron. :sulk:

listopencil
10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
After reading that, Moss appears to be fairly stupid.

1) He dropped a pass in the End Zone but it's OK because he admitted that he did.

2) The NFL won't let him use drugs so it's hard for him to get excited about playing football.

3) "I love the passion for the game." That doesn't really make any sense.

4) It's a waste of time to talk to the owner about important stuff so he'll mention it on the radio.

Wow, what an incredible waste of talent. Million dollar skills and a personality not worth two cents.

BigChiefFan
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
The Raiders problem is their O-line and Lamont Jordan sucks as a starting HB.

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 10:52 AM
The only way that this could be better is if Al Davis gets spiteful like he did with Marcus and doghouses him...............

MichaelH
10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I say trade him to Dallas and let TO and Moss lip slap each other.

CoMoChief
10-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Trade him here for Ryan Sims. Moss wouldn't bitch so much if he was on a team that was half-way worth a shit. Who knows, Herm is a players coach. I don't consider Moss as much as cancer to a team like TO is. There's too much veteran leadership and offensive star power in this locker room to put up with Moss' bitching. It'd be nice to have a good WR. It would open things up for TonyG at least.

MichaelH
10-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Trade him here for Ryan Sims. Moss wouldn't bitch so much if he was on a team that was half-way worth a shit. Who knows, Herm is a players coach. I don't consider Moss as much as cancer to a team like TO is. There's too much veteran leadership and offensive star power in this locker room to put up with Moss' bitching. It'd be nice to have a good WR. It would open things up for TonyG at least.

But can he buy his favorite blunts in KC?

Dartgod
10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand why any devoted Chiefs fan would want Moss on the Chiefs roster. I don't care how much talent he has, the man does not have the mental capacity to put that talent to good use.

Hoover
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
If I were the Cowboys I would trade TO for Moss

jidar
10-10-2006, 11:37 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand why any devoted Chiefs fan would want Moss on the Chiefs roster. I don't care how much talent he has, the man does not have the mental capacity to put that talent to good use.

That's not true. He was awesome with the Vikes. It wasn't too long ago Randy Moss was the best reciever in the NFL and there wasn't even any room for argument.

Now there are no guarantees but I think he could be awesome here too. He's kind of stupid and his mouth gets him trouble, but after playing in chokeland he would love it in KC. I don't like him as a person, and I think he's stupid, but he's a great talent and I honestly wouldn't mind having him.

Archie F. Swin
10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Moss>Parker

FAX
10-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm beginning to wonder what all the fuss is about with Moss' comments.

For years, we've heard the same old cliches from professional players during their interviews. I like it when a guy speaks his mind. At least he didn't say, "We'll learn from our mistakes and be ready to play next week". Blah.

I don't care if he calls out anybody except Jesus.

FAX

listopencil
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm beginning to wonder what all the fuss is about with Moss' comments.

For years, we've heard the same old cliches from professional players during their interviews. I like it when a guy speaks his mind. At least he didn't say, "We'll learn from our mistakes and be ready to play next week". Blah.

I don't care if he calls out anybody except Jesus.

FAX

Jesus would have made that catch in the End Zone.

Dartgod
10-10-2006, 12:39 PM
That's not true. He was awesome with the Vikes. It wasn't too long ago Randy Moss was the best reciever in the NFL and there wasn't even any room for argument.

Now there are no guarantees but I think he could be awesome here too. He's kind of stupid and his mouth gets him trouble, but after playing in chokeland he would love it in KC. I don't like him as a person, and I think he's stupid, but he's a great talent and I honestly wouldn't mind having him.
He is on record that he takes plays off and does not give a full effort all of the time. If you want someone like that on your team, then fine, but I don't want the POS anywhere near MY Chiefs roster.

FAX
10-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I think he would play harder if he had some good walleyed lovin'.

FAX

ChiefFripp
10-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I think most players outgrow their "passion for the game" and just realise that playing a game is a really easy way to make a boatload of money. This may be an obvious statement but It's clear that fans seem to think players share the same mentality for the game as we do. Maybe some players do, most don't.

Football aint nothin' but biotches and money !

ck_IN
10-10-2006, 01:14 PM
<i>I say trade him to Dallas and let TO and Moss lip slap each other.</i>

Now that made me laugh. I can just see it now. ROFL

<i>I think he would play harder if he had some good walleyed lovin'.</i>

I'm not sure what that is and I'm not sure I want to but it sounds wrong on sooo many levels. :shake:

Cormac
10-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I was happy the day Moss signed with Oakland. I remain that way.

:thumb:

Long may that relationship last.

Cormac
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM

It'd kill me to have Moss in KC. There are some things that are more valuable than "doing everything you can to win" and that is keeping dickheads like Moss, TO, Sapp, Romo etc. as far from the team as possible. JMO.

Besides, Moss has never won a SB. Why would he come here and win one. He'd only end up coming here and bitching after a year or two of mixed results.

Tactical Funky
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Jesus would have made that catch in the End Zone.
I've been doing awesome in my FFL ever since I traded for Jesus.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
I've been doing awesome in my FFL ever since I traded for Jesus.

If it's a keeper league, I'd consider selling high before Jesus hits his early-mid 30's. Something tells me that guy is prone to a career ending injury.

Mr. Laz
10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I say trade him to Dallas and let TO and Moss lip slap each other.
ROFL

Amnorix
10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Randy Moss -- the only Raiders WR the Pats are NOT interested in...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Randy Moss -- the only Raiders WR the Pats are NOT interested in...

Bump....LOL.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2007, 04:27 AM
He's done.

Duck Dog
09-12-2007, 04:38 AM
I was able to get Moss in my fanatasy draft in the third round. My receiving corpes is as good as it gets.

Owens, C Johnson, Moss.

Amnorix
09-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Bump....LOL.

Yeah, good call there.

But so far, I'd have to say he looks good in a Pats uniform.... I'mg lad to be wrong about this one (if current trends continue)