PDA

View Full Version : Huard in the '07 season

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Get those trade ideas out of your heads. Huard was signed to a two year* deal in September of '04. They had to cut Richard Smith to re-sign Damon(they cut him two days prior to add Chris Horn).

Where will he be for the 2007 season? Or maybe you think he falls apart before Trent returns and nobody will pay a large amount

*EDIT: Sept '04 + 2 years does not = signed for the '06 season

Huard signed a 1 year contract on 3/16/06

John_Wayne
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Sign and trade?

I know, I know. That won't work.

JBucc
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Huard for Haynesworth!

SLAG
10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
why trade?

he is a proven back up that has done an excellent job when his # was called

Thig Lyfe
10-10-2006, 11:29 AM
The thing with Huard is you can't exactly say he's just the product of a good O-line and WR corps. this season.

I'm sure there will be some teams interested in him this offseason.

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 11:30 AM
If he continues to play at a QB rating of 107, he might be our starter in '07.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
If he continues to play at a QB rating of 107, he might be our starter in '07.

He wont continue to play that well. In fact i fully expect it to drop a few points against a tough Steelers D at home coming off a tough loss.

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
He wont continue to play that well. In fact i fully expect it to drop a few points against a tough Steelers D at home coming off a tough loss.

I agree, but I find it interesting how quickly people are dismissing his accomplishments, especially since he is operating at a very high level, under much more difficult surroundings than Trent had to for the past few years i.e. O-line protection & rushing yardage. Who's to say he isn't the next Gannon - late bloomer.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
On the plus side his being a FA could hurt Plummer's trade value somewhat. Though with Plummer you have more film & volume of work to gage future potential.....T....

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I agree, but I find it interesting how quickly people are dismissing his accomplishments, especially since he is operating at a very high level, under much more difficult surroundings than Trent had to for the past few years i.e. O-line protection & rushing yardage. Who's to say he isn't the next Gannon - late bloomer.

Agreed...I was highly skeptikal at first at what he could accomplish. The coaches deserve much respect for getting him ready to play and putting in a game plan that utilizes his skills well. The most impressive thing about him so far is he hasnt thrown any INT's or made many bad throws putting the team in a bad position. he plays within himself enabling the team to stay in the game.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 02:22 PM
AFC offensive player of the week
Damond Huard

AFC special teams player of the week
Lawrence Tynes

-610 sports radio

BigChiefFan
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Huard's been a pleasant surprise, especially considering how bad he looked last year in the preseason. He looked better this preseason, but he still didn't look like he could make a strong contribution. I'm glad he's proving me wrong.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Personally, Id say that if Damon produces a good game against the steelers this sunday, we should definitely consider keeping him around, perferably as a starter. Every single pass this guy throws has been right on the money, only reason he has any incompletions is because our receivers lack of good hands. If we kept him as a starter, it'd be another situation like trents where we got him kind of on the old side but with not much wear and tear because he hasnt had a chance to start really. All that and Huard hasnt had a near career ending knee injury like trent did.

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Given that Trent Green has yet to even return from injury this season, his prior knee injuries, his concussion and last but not least, his age (37-38 next season), it would be absolutely foolish to let Huard go anywhere, period.

But the GM is Carl Peterson, so who the hell knows what will happen.

donkhater
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Why move him? Why not have the same trio back next season? Croyle isn't the first rookie to sit for a couple season before he gets his chance (see Pennington, Rivers).

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Funny how we have the 2nd rated QB in the league, playing gangbusters behind a make-shift O line, in place of a 36 year old starter that hasn't practiced in a month after a serious concussion, (and may not play again) and people are talking about trading Huard. ????????

Mr. Flopnuts
10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
KEEP F*CKING DOUBTING DAMON HUARD!!!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Funny how we have the 2nd rated QB in the league, playing gangbusters behind a make-shift O line, in place of a 36 year old starter that hasn't practiced in a month after a serious concussion, (and may not play again) and people are talking about trading Huard. ????????

Huard will be a FA at seasons end. He has played will enough to start for other teams in the league. Why would he come back to backup Trent in 2007 with the QBoTF already having a year under his belt? Or have you got Trent retired?

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Huard will be a FA at seasons end. He has played will enough to start for other teams in the league. Why would he come back to backup Trent in 2007 with the QBoTF already having a year under his belt? Or have you got Trent retired?

Whether Trent retires or not, he will be 37 years old next season. Depending on how this season unfolds - does Trent ever play again? - does Huard continue to impress? - it's possible you could find Trent being the odd man out next season, i.e. if the season ended with things as they are today with Huard performing well and Green an unknown. As much as I love Trent, the Chiefs might have to consider going with Huard next year as a stop-gap before Brodie takes over the reins. Could possibly get interesting.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Whether Trent retires or not, he will be 37 years old next season. Depending on how this season unfolds - does Trent ever play again? - does Huard continue to impress? - it's possible you could find Trent being the odd man out next season, i.e. if the season ended with things as they are today with Huard performing well and Green an unknown. As much as I love Trent, the Chiefs might have to consider going with Huard next year as a stop-gap before Brodie takes over the reins. Could possibly get interesting.

:eek:
It's terrible some are trading Huard, but it's okay to make Trent the odd man out?

again

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 04:31 PM
It's terrible some are trading Huard, but it's okay to make Trent the odd man out?

again

Trent may not play again this year, or ever for that matter. What is so far-fetched about possibly needing Huard around next year?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Trent may not play again this year, or ever for that matter. What is so far-fetched about possibly needing Huard around next year?

okay, I have gotten over the shock of no Trent next year. His retirement is not unreasonable. But Huard being a starter on another team is more fathomable to me. Talk of Huard being gone is not out of the question

DaneMcCloud
10-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Talk of Huard being gone is not out of the question

Sounds like the Chiefs to me. Sign a "journeyman" quarterback who hasn't played in ages to sit on the roster for a few years, only to lead the Chiefs to victory when he's finally needed because of injury to the starter, allowing said QB to "rehabilitate" his career. Allow that QB to escape via free agency. Watch said QB take his new team to the playoffs and Super Bowl while Chiefs fans bitch and moan about the one the got away.

Sounds about right to me. :rolleyes:

hawkchief
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Sounds like the Chiefs to me. Sign a "journeyman" quarterback who hasn't played in ages to sit on the roster for a few years, only to lead the Chiefs to victory when he's finally needed because of injury to the starter, allowing said QB to "rehabilitate" his career. Allow that QB to escape via free agency. Watch said QB take his new team to the playoffs and Super Bowl while Chiefs fans bitch and moan about the one the got away.

Sounds about right to me. :rolleyes:

Yes, sounds like Rich Gannon, doesn't it.

Can we at least let Huard's QB rating drop below 100, and we have a suitable backup before we trade him, for chrissakes? Geez!

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes, sounds like Rich Gannon, doesn't it.

Can we at least let Huard's QB rating drop below 100, and we have a suitable backup before we trade him, for chrissakes? Geez!

maybe you can open another thread then

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm willing to bet when Trent retires Damon sticks around as Croyle's backup.

Fish
10-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm willing to bet when Trent retires Damon sticks around as Croyle's backup.

No complaints here....

JBucc
10-10-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm willing to bet when Trent retires Damon sticks around as Croyle's backup.I'd like him to but if Huard is anything like me he's going to want to go some place where he can start. I mean, if he was the Raven's QB last night they would have won. If there's a team out there like that that with a good/great D that needs a QB he'd be perfect for them. Maybe that team will be us. Who knows.