PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Game is a MUST WIN!

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
This is hardly a must win, most people have this as a projected lost and I seriousally doubt it will matter for playoff considerations.

every loss matters. That will be 3 losses with 11 games left not good if you want to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Right now you have the following teams ahead of us in making the postseason:

Indy-5-0
NE- 4-1
Balt.-4-1
Cincy-3-1
Denver-3-1
SD-3-1
Jags-3-2
KC-2-2

2 of these teams won't make it. The odds are KC will be one of them. Every loss will guarantee it. If we lose to Pitt. then they will jump ahead of us at 2-3. If we lose Sun. we will have 3 teams ahead us that we have lost to. Not good!

DaFace
10-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Sunday's Game is a MUST WIN!

Incorrect. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

King_Chief_Fan
10-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
This is hardly a must win, most people have this as a projected lost and I seriousally doubt it will matter for playoff considerations.

every loss matters. That will be 3 losses with 11 games left not good if you want to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Right now you have the following teams ahead of us in making the postseason:

Indy-5-0
NE- 4-1
Balt.-4-1
Cincy-3-1
Denver-3-1
SD-3-1
Jags-3-2
KC-2-2

2 of these teams won't make it. The odds are KC will be one of them. Every loss will guarantee it. If we lose to Pitt. then they will jump ahead of us at 2-3. If we lose Sun. we will have 3 teams ahead us that we have lost to. Not good!

you already posted this in a different thread you attention whore....
neg rep coming your ignorant ass way.

FAX
10-10-2006, 12:29 PM

ROFL

The posting gods are displeased. You need to sacrifice a monitor or something, Mr. chiefsfan1963.

FAX

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
ROFL

The posting gods are displeased. You need to sacrifice a monitor or something, Mr. chiefsfan1963.

FAX
:p

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
ROFL

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Every game is a MUST win.

InChiefsHell
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Best post in the thread...eggfreakin' zactly!!

JBucc
10-10-2006, 12:36 PM
A must win for Pittsburgh maybe

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 12:39 PM
tell that to Chiefscountry

This game is a statement game for us. Cincy and SD have already beat the SB champs now it is our time to show the rest of the league that we are a force to be reckoned with if we can go to Pitts and beat them at Pitt. Lose to them and we will have 3 losses and be pushed way down the rankings of AFC playoff teams.

FAX
10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
... This game is a statement game for us. Cincy and SD have already beat the SB champs now it is our time to show the rest of the league that we are a force to be reckoned with if we can go to Pitts and beat them at Pitt. Lose to them and we will have 3 losses and be pushed way down the rankings of AFC playoff teams.

For what it's worth, I'm with you on this, Mr. chiefsfan1963.

I say "nay" to the naysayers.

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
we should just forfiet the game to honor the dedication of Antrelle Rolle

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
You can't afford to take a couple of games off in the NFL.

Garcia Bronco
10-10-2006, 01:00 PM
they are all must win games

joesomebody
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
ROFL

FAXI have one for you, its been sitting on the floor of my computer room for over a year.

Archie F. Swin
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I dont consider a game forecast as a loss before opening day a must win. The only team thst should expect to win in Pittsburgh is the Steelers. The Chiefs must wins are home division games.

DaFace
10-10-2006, 01:11 PM

I agree in concept, but not in the reality. Calling a game a "must win" indicates that our playoff hopes are OVER with a loss. If you're calling this a MUST WIN game, then we should start preparing for next year if we lose. Huard should be pulled so that Croyle could get some time, etc. That's not the reality, so I can't call it a MUST WIN.

It would be GREAT to win, and would really boost our playoff chances. However, we're not out if we lose.

CupidStunt
10-10-2006, 01:13 PM
We're not making the playoffs win or lose. Accept it now and it'll be easier when you see our division rivals playing in January.

DaFace
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM
We're not making the playoffs win or lose. Accept it now and it'll be easier when you see our division rivals playing in January.

How can you call yourself a fan with this outlook? What's the point in watching if you don't have any hope?

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM

FAX
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I've seen heart and character and desire carry teams that had less than superb talent a long way.

If we all close our eyes and wish really, really hard, I'll bet we win on Sunday.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
As long as we're fielding the #4 defense in the league, I'm optimistic.

KCGridironBeast
10-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I think it is more accurate to say that we must win two out of our next three games (@PIT, vs. SD, vs. SEA) with the most important of those games being the Chargers game.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
How can you call yourself a fan with this outlook? What's the point in watching if you don't have any hope?

http://67.18.68.69/BB/customavatars/avatar5883_4.gif

Coogs
10-10-2006, 01:37 PM
If we are going to win the West, we have to win some big games on the road. This qualifies as a big game. Denver already has one at NE. San Diego has a road win at Oakland, and we have a road win at Arizona. Wins.... yes.... but most good teams are going to beat those two teams. We need to hold serve in games like this. Quality road wins. We are 1 game out of first, and it appears as if San Diego, Denver, and us could all go 4-2 in the West with wins at home against each other, and each team sweeping the Raiders. It is games like this weekend with Pittsburg that will decide the West winner. JMO

CupidStunt
10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
How can you call yourself a fan with this outlook?

What, you think you have to think your team is playoff-bound to call yourself a fan? I disagree.

I thought we were last year. We weren't. I don't think we are this year; we'll see how that goes.

What's the point in watching if you don't have any hope?

If I wanted to watch a team just for winning, I'd have abandoned ship a while ago. I watch because it's my team and I will root for them through thick and thin.

GoHuge
10-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Take a minute and go look at who the teams above us have played up to this point. Indy's played one team with a winning record (3-2) Jacksonville and barely won against two of them, same with New England. They beat Cincy and then beat up on their pathetic division. If you watched the game last night we played Denver tougher than Baltimore did. San Diego has played Tennessee, Oakland, lost to Baltimore, and beat 1-3 Pittsburg. Not exactly world beaters. Denver still has Plummer so......There's no clear front runner. Lets see what it looks like in a few weeks after some of these teams get out of their sorry division and knock heads with the other top teams. They might be good but some of these teams just haven't played anybody yet.

Logical
10-10-2006, 03:32 PM
This is just silly. Must wins at this point are division games and enough to be tied for the lead at the end. If we are relying on the WC we are screwed.

tk13
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
It would be a huge win, but it's definitely not a must win yet. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think a lot of these AFC teams are going to beat up on each other... I'm not sure there'll be a couple 14-2 teams this year like the last couple years. I could see a bunch of 12-4 type teams at the end though. Still might make 11-5 necessary.

But most of these teams were near the top of their divisions last year too, so they all play each other. That's usually why we see turnover in playoff teams to begin with.

-Indy has to play @Denver, @NE, Cincy, @Jax, @ Dallas, Philly
-Cincy still has to play Baltimore twice, San Diego, @ Denver, @ Indy, @ New Orleans
-San Diego has to play KC, Cincy, Denver, and Seattle on the road.

And on and on... somebody has to lose those games. Now somebody might rise to the challenge but I can still see several losses for all these AFC teams.

FAX
10-10-2006, 03:39 PM
This is just silly. Must wins at this point are division games and enough to be tied for the lead at the end. If we are relying on the WC we are screwed.

Why say you this, Mr. Logical?

Are you implying that we can't win the tiebreaker? Or, are you saying that our goal should be the west? Or, are you saying that division games count more at the end of the season? Or, are you saying that Mr. Rain Man is a mean and cruel person? Or, are you saying that if we wind up in a tie for the lead in the division that we will have already won the tiebreaker? Or, are you saying that too many teams in other divisions will be in a better position for the WC spots?

Please advise.

FAX

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 03:48 PM
if we lose on Sunday, then our odds of being a wildcard team go down significantly. we will have lost to Pitt, cincy, and denver. All will have the tie breaker against us. Having 3 losses and 11 games left will mean we will have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to even have a chance.

tk13
10-10-2006, 03:59 PM
if we lose on Sunday, then our odds of being a wildcard team go down significantly. we will have lost to Pitt, cincy, and denver. All will have the tie breaker against us. Having 3 losses and 11 games left will mean we will have to go 8-3 the rest of the way to even have a chance.
You can't look at it like that. You gotta just take it one week at a time and see what happens. There was a time last year Pittsburgh was 7-5, out of the playoff picture, and they ended up getting hot and winning the whole thing. You never would've guessed that in week 5. Long way to go.

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
You can't look at it like that. You gotta just take it one week at a time and see what happens. There was a time last year Pittsburgh was 7-5, out of the playoff picture, and they ended up getting hot and winning the whole thing. You never would've guessed that in week 5. Long way to go.

you might be right but losing to Pitts pushes us way down the playoff list you have to admit. There will be too many teams above us that will have tiebreakers against us. We will have to rely a lot on other teams losing and we will have to go at least 8-3 as well to even have a chance. 9-7 definitely will not do it.

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree in concept, but not in the reality. Calling a game a "must win" indicates that our playoff hopes are OVER with a loss. If you're calling this a MUST WIN game, then we should start preparing for next year if we lose. Huard should be pulled so that Croyle could get some time, etc. That's not the reality, so I can't call it a MUST WIN.

It would be GREAT to win, and would really boost our playoff chances. However, we're not out if we lose.

we may not be out, but we will have dug a pretty deep hole where our own efforts to get out will not be enough, we'll need others to lend a hand.

not good.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
It's the second game of a two-game road trip.

If we win, it will be a miracle.

Cochise
10-10-2006, 06:07 PM
It's the second game of a two-game road trip.

If we win, it will be a miracle.

I don't think the road trip aspect matters that much. It's not like baseball where you're on the road for two weeks. It's just one road game.

Fish
10-10-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think the road trip aspect matters that much. It's not like baseball where you're on the road for two weeks. It's just one road game.

DV could have given you a percentage to 3 decimal places on the odds of winning the 2nd game of a 2-game road stretch.... and IIRC from last year, it wasn't good.....

Cochise
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM
DV could have given you a percentage to 3 decimal places on the odds of winning the 2nd game of a 2-game road stretch.... and IIRC from last year, it wasn't good.....

It's gonna be a little lower, but I wouldn't really say a win is a miracle. against a team that is 1-3 and thus far getting horrible QB play, has a negative turnover ratio, middle of the road on defense in PPG and near the bottom of the league in PPG offense.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 06:21 PM

It has been proven throughout NFL history that road teams almost never win the second game of a 2-game road trip. It's really hard to do.

Cochise
10-10-2006, 06:30 PM
It has been proven throughout NFL history that road teams almost never win the second game of a 2-game road trip. It's really hard to do.

Let's see those numbers vs. the rate of a team of winning any two games in a row. It's going to be lower, but under 10-20% or so, which would qualify a win as a miracle?

Well, 20% even is just unlikely. A miracle would be, it only happens a couple of times across the league in a whole season.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 06:31 PM
tk13 was the expert on this last year. I have no idea. I just know it rarely happens.

redngold85
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I dont consider a game forecast as a loss before opening day a must win. The only team thst should expect to win in Pittsburgh is the Steelers. The Chiefs must wins are home division games.
so you'd be happy with just winning 3 games a year???

SOUNDS GREAT!!! :shake:

B_Ambuehl
10-10-2006, 08:56 PM

Ahhh...good memory. I think it only happpened 3 times all of last year.

In reality this football team doesn't need to win a game all year on the road against a team with a winning record. To get to 10 wins they just need to win 4 of the remaining 8 games against winning teams (or those who should having winning records when they play) and win all the games against teams with losing records. 5 of the games against winning teams take place at home.

Winning teams
10/15/06 at Pittsburgh Steelers 3:15 PM CBS+
10/22/06 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS
10/29/06 Seattle Seahawks 12:00 PM FOX
11/05/06 at St. Louis Rams 12:00 PM CBS
11/23/06 Denver Broncos 7:00 PM NFL+/WDAF-TV 4 in KC
12/10/06 Baltimore Ravens 12:00 PM CBS*
12/17/06 at San Diego Chargers 3:05 PM CBS*
12/31/06 Jacksonville Jaguars

Win any 4 of those (5 of them are at home)

Teams with Losing records:

11/12/06 at Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
11/19/06 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS*
12/03/06 at Cleveland Browns 12:00 PM CBS*
12/23/06 at Oakland Raiders 7:00 PM NFL+/KSHB-TV 41 in KC

Win all of those.

That'll be 10 wins. Assuming last year was a fluke with 10 wins not getting in, that should earn a playoff spot.

(note: I personally don't think this is a playoff team it's just that beating Pittsburgh on the road is definitely not a "must win" game by any stretch of the imagination for those who do think this is a playoff team)

tk13
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Teams can win 2 straight road games in consecutive weeks... but generally speaking, when it happens, it's against bad teams.

I'd have to go find the numbers again, but last season, no team in the NFL won back-to-back road games against teams that finished with winning records. Pittsburgh did it in the playoffs, obviously, but it did not happen during the regular season. Usually when it happened it'd be vs. the Niners and Lions, or something like that.

I'm not sure the exact percentage of 2nd consecutive road games won, but most of them came either A) against a bad team or B) after the first road game in that series was a loss.

I'm not sure what the numbers were going back in history, but I'm pretty sure that's why Vermeil always complained about the schedule. We were the only team in the entire NFL last year to have 4 sets of back/back road games. Anything's possible and you just shouldn't give in, but it is tough. Especially against good teams... although we don't know how good Pittsburgh is yet.

stevieray
10-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Teams can win 2 straight road games in consecutive weeks... but generally speaking, when it happens, it's against bad teams.

I'd have to go find the numbers again, but last season, no team in the NFL won back-to-back road games against teams that finished with winning records. Pittsburgh did it in the playoffs, obviously, but it did not happen during the regular season. Usually when it happened it'd be vs. the Niners and Lions, or something like that.

I'm not sure the exact percentage of 2nd consecutive road games won, but most of them came either A) against a bad team or B) after the first road game in that series was a loss.

I'm not sure what the numbers were going back in history, but I'm pretty sure that's why Vermeil always complained about the schedule. We were the only team in the entire NFL last year to have 4 sets of back/back road games. Anything's possible and you just shouldn't give in, but it is tough. Especially against good teams... although we don't know how good Pittsburgh is yet.

ten b/b over three years.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
If we beat Pittsburgh we won't get any respect anyway. People will just point to their 1-4 record.

tk13
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Looking it up real quick, I think this is right...

It's early, so a long way to go, but so far this season there's only been one team that has won consecutive road games. And that was the Saints, against the Browns and Packers. As usual, it happens against bad teams.

Among the more notable typical struggles, the Giants played a 2nd straight road game @ Seattle, and that was the game they got slaughtered and lashed out at Coughlin. Dallas played a 2nd straight road game in Philly this weekend and ran out of gas. If you look ahead at the schedule, there are some AFC powers that have to face these. San Diego will be playing a 2nd straight road game in Arrowhead. Same thing as last year when we trounced them on Christmas Eve. The Colts have a back/back of Denver/New England coming up... they'll be lucky to win one of those. Cincy has a Denver/Indy road series the last month of the year.

Who knows how good Pittsburgh is... it'll still be difficult.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 10:04 PM
We need to bring the pressure on big ben, and he will cough it up a few times.

Logical
10-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Why say you this, Mr. Logical?

Are you implying that we can't win the tiebreaker? Or, are you saying that our goal should be the west? Or, are you saying that division games count more at the end of the season? Or, are you saying that Mr. Rain Man is a mean and cruel person? Or, are you saying that if we wind up in a tie for the lead in the division that we will have already won the tiebreaker? Or, are you saying that too many teams in other divisions will be in a better position for the WC spots?

Please advise.

FAXYes

WilliamTheIrish
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I've seen heart and character and desire carry teams that had less than superb talent a long way.

If we all close our eyes and wish really, really hard, I'll bet we win on Sunday.

FAX

The last time I heard that line a big tree slapped my hand when I picked an apple.

Rausch
10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Sunday's game is a L marked as soon as we all got the schedules.

Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot or a moron.

After everything the Steelers have gone through this is a HUGE home game for them.

Then we'd sit at 2-3 with a chance at 4-4 by the time green comes back (not that I think he ever will.)

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 10:19 PM
so what I'm hearing is that 2-3 is okay place to be. we will make the playoffs if we go 8-3 the rest of the way?

Logical
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
It's gonna be a little lower, but I wouldn't really say a win is a miracle. against a team that is 1-3 and thus far getting horrible QB play, has a negative turnover ratio, middle of the road on defense in PPG and near the bottom of the league in PPG offense.I think you are forgetting that this is a SuperBowl championship caliber team that has had a bad string. They are home and mad as hell, and to top it off we are on our 2nd road game. The odds of us winning are phenomenally bad. That is before you add the fact their edge rushing is their strength and our weakness.

Logical
10-10-2006, 10:44 PM
ten b/b over three years.I know that last year with 4 B/B was way out of the ordinary but 2 or 3 a season is probably not that unusual especial when they have to work around the Wizards at Arrowhead and Baseball in Oakland.

Logical
10-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Ahhh...good memory. I think it only happpened 3 times all of last year.

In reality this football team doesn't need to win a game all year on the road against a team with a winning record. To get to 10 wins they just need to win 4 of the remaining 8 games against winning teams (or those who should having winning records when they play) and win all the games against teams with losing records. 5 of the games against winning teams take place at home.

Winning teams
10/15/06 at Pittsburgh Steelers 3:15 PM CBS+
10/22/06 San Diego Chargers 12:00 PM CBS
10/29/06 Seattle Seahawks 12:00 PM FOX
11/05/06 at St. Louis Rams 12:00 PM CBS
11/23/06 Denver Broncos 7:00 PM NFL+/WDAF-TV 4 in KC
12/10/06 Baltimore Ravens 12:00 PM CBS*
12/17/06 at San Diego Chargers 3:05 PM CBS*
12/31/06 Jacksonville Jaguars

Win any 4 of those (5 of them are at home)

Teams with Losing records:

11/12/06 at Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
11/19/06 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS*
12/03/06 at Cleveland Browns 12:00 PM CBS*
12/23/06 at Oakland Raiders 7:00 PM NFL+/KSHB-TV 41 in KC

Win all of those.

That'll be 10 wins. Assuming last year was a fluke with 10 wins not getting in, that should earn a playoff spot.

(note: I personally don't think this is a playoff team it's just that beating Pittsburgh on the road is definitely not a "must win" game by any stretch of the imagination for those who do think this is a playoff team)Nice analysis

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
so what I'm hearing is that 2-3 is okay place to be. we will make the playoffs if we go 8-3 the rest of the way?

Basically in this situtation yes. Statiscally this game is not in our favor but the rest of our schedule sets us up very very well for a playoff run. If you look we play 4 of the AFC "big boys" (San Diego, Denver, Baltimore, Jacksonville) all of those are at Arrowhead plus a good NFC team (Seattle) at home as well. That very well should be 5 wins just going off the homefield advantage. Plus our road games (St. Louis, Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, San Diego) outside of San Diego are very winnable but more than likely we will stumple on at least one maybe two of those. Chiefs schedule this year sets them up very well for a playoff run and should enable them to control their own destiny to a point.

tk13
10-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I know that last year with 4 B/B was way out of the ordinary but 2 or 3 a season is probably not that unusual especial when they have to work around the Wizards at Arrowhead and Baseball in Oakland.
Actually, from 2005-2006 these last two seasons... the Chiefs will have 7 back-to-back road sets. The Broncos have 3, and the Chargers 4, or as many as the Chiefs combined. That is pretty rough. There wasn't an AFC playoff team last year that had more than 2 sets. The two bye teams, Indy and Denver, just had one set of back/back roadies all year. The other four teams had 2.

Denver does have two this year, but the 2nd game of those two sets is Oakland and Arizona. First game in those weeks are pretty tough though, so it's not a total cakewalk. They have had some fortunate scheduling. Last year they had one back/back... and the 2nd game was @ Arrowhead when LJ totally wore them down in the 4th quarter. And even that was on a long week after Thanksgiving. They've had some great luck in scheduling I think. I don't know if it'll hold up again this year, but it's interesting to watch... the NFL is so level now some scheduling luck sure doesn't hurt.

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
This is a SHOULD win game, period. We have played better than them in all three phases of the game. Ben has been aweful and will continue that when he runs into Hali, DJ, and Allen all day long.

chiefsfan1963
10-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Basically in this situtation yes. Statiscally this game is not in our favor but the rest of our schedule sets us up very very well for a playoff run. If you look we play 4 of the AFC "big boys" (San Diego, Denver, Baltimore, Jacksonville) all of those are at Arrowhead plus a good NFC team (Seattle) at home as well. That very well should be 5 wins just going off the homefield advantage. Plus our road games (St. Louis, Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, San Diego) outside of San Diego are very winnable but more than likely we will stumple on at least one maybe two of those. Chiefs schedule this year sets them up very well for a playoff run and should enable them to control their own destiny to a point.

It still puts in a tight corner if we lose this week. We can only lose 3 more games the rest of the way. Which games will that be? I know 10-6 did not make the playoffs last year, so I'm curious if it will be different this season. No matter what 8-3 is the worst possible record going forward that we can have if we want to be playing in January.

Chief Chief
10-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Would someone please tell me now which Chiefs game is a MUST NOT WIN???

chiefsfan1963
10-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Would someone please tell me now which Chiefs game is a MUST NOT WIN???

everyone is just being realistic here. they don't want to expect a win because they will be let down. they know that Pitts. must win the game or they have dug themselves a deep hole as far as making the playoffs.

KC will be 2-3 have lost to 3 playoff teams and basically must go 8-3 to even have a hope of making the playoffs at 10-6. With the tiebreakers not in their favor they will have to rely on the other teams they lost to to implode or KC has to go 9-2 the rest of the way. There has never been a 11-5 team not make the playoffs. A tall order but possible.

Bottom line deep down anyone that is saying this is not a must win is kidding themselves, but that's human nature. Our chances of making the playoffs with a win this weekend go up tremendously. not only will our record be 3-2, but our confidence generated from beating 2 teams back to back on the road will be huge advantage for us the rest of the season.

Spicy McHaggis
10-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Sunday's game is a L marked as soon as we all got the schedules.

Exactly. If we win this game the Chiefs are pretty much back to where every fan thought they would be, 3-2 after five games. The only difference is that we exchanged what everyone thought would be a win (Opener v Cinci) with what everyone thought would be a loss (at Pittsburgh).

Will it happen? Who knows. But there are two possibilties. One is that we're catching them at just the right time, the Chiefs D is for real and we sneak out a win. The other is that this Pittsburgh team is so pissed off that they come out and stomp us, even without Big Ben playing like he can.

Nobody thought Denver could go take one at NE and I really don't think the Broncos are a better team than KC. If they did it, we can too.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Pittsburgh might be 1-3 but look they have played Jacksonville, Cincy, and San Diego with 2 of those on the road. There not as bad as their record looks.

KC Dan
10-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Bottom line deep down anyone that is saying this is not a must win is kidding themselves, but that's human nature. Our chances of making the playoffs with a win this weekend go up tremendously. not only will our record be 3-2, but our confidence generated from beating 2 teams back to back on the road will be huge advantage for us the rest of the season.
Look you can analyze everyone's responses here but the bottom line is:
This is NOT an elimination game. If you look back at almost every preseason record post, all here (except idots) predicted this as a loss. We are not in the post-season yet thus this is not a MUST-WIN game. It is only our 5th game. take a midol

Inspector
10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
tell that to Chiefscountry

This game is a statement game for us. Cincy and SD have already beat the SB champs now it is our time to show the rest of the league that we are a force to be reckoned with if we can go to Pitts and beat them at Pitt. Lose to them and we will have 3 losses and be pushed way down the rankings of AFC playoff teams.

ok.

Dear Mr. Chiefscountry,

Every game is a must win.

KC-TBB
10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
It's not as if it makes a differance...like we know it is a must win, so therefor, we have to win and will..it just dosnt work that way. All of the NFL coaches sing the same mantra about the most important game is the next one...don't loose focus etc...every team has ups and downs...Heck even the Raiders COULD beat Denver this weekend, if everything bounced their way. Stuff happens!

chiefsfan1963
10-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Look you can analyze everyone's responses here but the bottom line is:
This is NOT an elimination game. If you look back at almost every preseason record post, all here (except idots) predicted this as a loss. We are not in the post-season yet thus this is not a MUST-WIN game. It is only our 5th game. take a midol

when or if we lose and we're 2-3, will we have to go 8-3 the rest of the way? If so what 3 games can we afford to lose? What games must we win if we lose this week? After losing to 3 playoff teams 10-6 may not automatically get us in. Do feel otherwise? Thanks.

Oregon chief
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2620278

Anybody read this article on the chiefs. I think it's the best one I have read in a while.

chiefsfan1963
10-11-2006, 01:01 PM
It's not as if it makes a differance...like we know it is a must win, so therefor, we have to win and will..it just dosnt work that way. All of the NFL coaches sing the same mantra about the most important game is the next one...don't loose focus etc...every team has ups and downs...Heck even the Raiders COULD beat Denver this weekend, if everything bounced their way. Stuff happens!

if we lose this weekend we're going to need more and more "stuff happening" to be a playoff team. I rather win and not have to hope for "stuff happening".

KC Dan
10-11-2006, 01:01 PM
when or if we lose and we're 2-3, will we have to go 8-3 the rest of the way? If so what 3 games can we afford to lose? What games must we win if we lose this week? After losing to 3 playoff teams 10-6 may not automatically get us in. Do feel otherwise? Thanks.
Dude, seriously chill out

One game at a time. There is a reason that that cliche' is so over used.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Dude, seriously chill out

One game at a time. There is a reason that that cliche' is so over used.

One game at a time. :) Are you chillin?

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
looks like next week's game is must!

Chief Chief
10-16-2006, 05:57 AM
Well, since this game against the Steelers was a "MUST WIN" and the Chiefs DIDN'T WIN it, it's time now for the Chiefs to play spoiler and plan for the draft.