PDA

View Full Version : This is "almost" a playoff game for the Steelers

cdcox
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
The Steelers are two games behind two differet teams in their division. If they have any hope for staying in the division hunt they need a win this week. With a loss, they would be at a head-to-head tiebreaker disadvantage against many of their rivials for a WC spot: KC, Jax, SD, Cinn (with one left to play).

They're playing for their post-season lives.

Reerun_KC
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM

Funny, so are the Chiefs....

We have 3 must win games in a row or we are sunk. 10-6 will not make the playoffs agian this year.

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
The Steelers are two games behind two differet teams in their division. If they have any hope for staying in the division hunt they need a win this week. With a loss, they would be at a head-to-head tiebreaker disadvantage against many of their rivials for a WC spot: KC, Jax, SD, Cinn (with one left to play).

I don't like our chances to begin with, 2nd game of two in a row on-the road.....and you add Pittsburg's dilemma to that....

well, I'd be shocked if we come back to Arrowhead 3-2.

2-3, will put us in a "must win" situation versus the Chargers though, if we wanna keep our season alive. :(

cdcox
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Funny, so are the Chiefs....

We have 3 must win games in a row or we are sunk. 10-6 will not make the playoffs agian this year.

We still have three games to lose to make 11-5 and four games to lose to make 10-6, which has a better than even chance of getting a WC. I realize this weeks game is one of the very hardest remaining on the schedule (together with the trip to SD) so I'm not going to lose perspective if we lose this week. It would really help to win 2 of the next 3 and it is essential to win at least 1 of the next 3.

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
We still have three games to lose to make 11-5 and four games to lose to make 10-6, which has a better than even chance of getting a WC. I realize this weeks game is one of the very hardest remaining on the schedule (together with the trip to SD) so I'm not going to lose perspective if we lose this week. It would really help to win 2 of the next 3 and it is essential to win at least 1 of the next 3.If we don't win 2 of 3 coming up, we are likely done IMHO. Maybe not mathematically....but realistically....we'd have to pretty much run the table to have a shot at the division. Even 7-2 the last nine would only give us a shot at a WC, IMO.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
With the Arrowhead advantage, San Diego and Seattle don't really concern me. Pittsburgh was a game we are suppose to lose anyways so I don't believe it will really affect us.

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
With the Arrowhead advantage, San Diego and Seattle don't really concern me. Pittsburgh was a game we are suppose to lose anyways so I don't believe it will really affect us.

I want to agree with you....but those games could be dogfights.

GoHuge
10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Well I think we still have a shot at the division or at least a wild card. There doesn't seem to be any teams that are head and shoulders better than every body else in the AFC. I thought Baltimore was pretty stout but we played Denver tougher than they did. Denver has Plummer so he'll lose enough for them to barely make it if at all. Indy is 5-0 but those where cream puffs with the exception of Jacksonville and they almost lost two of those. San Diego looks good, but they beat two bad teams, lost to Baltimore and then beat the Steelers who don't even look like a playoff team right now. They haven't exactly been spectacular. The only quality win New Endland has is against Cincy. The rest came from beating up on their weak division. I don't know what to think. It's pretty wide open and the Chiefs will have a chance if they can get through this tough three game stretch.

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I want to agree with you....but those games could be dogfights.

I agree but I think being at Arrowhead puts us over the top.

ptlyon
10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
The Steelers are two games behind two differet teams in their division. If they have any hope for staying in the division hunt they need a win this week. With a loss, they would be at a head-to-head tiebreaker disadvantage against many of their rivials for a WC spot:

Sounds like another team I've heard of before... :hmmm:

chiefsfan1963
10-10-2006, 03:03 PM
this team needs to win against teams that are expected to beat us.

Pitts @ Pitts.
SD@SD

I would think that SD and Seattle will both be favored even at arrowhead. we need win these home games.

losing 4 more games will not get us to the postseason IMO.

we have to go 9-3 to have a lock, 8-4 is possible but doubtful.

BEAT STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
The Steelers are going to be really fired up as stated. The mop will be flying all over the field, a second late I hope.

sedated
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
This game will be trouble, but not as much as in the past.

At least we have a defense, which is more portable than an offense.

But the most important game in the next 3 weeks is without a doubt SandyEggo at home.

Divisional opponent at home, and looking like our biggest competition for wildcard. We must protect this house.

Kyle401
10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
This will be a tough one for us to win for sure. Cowher will certainly have that defense fired up, and you have to think that their offense will regain at least a little of their composure. Still if we can force some turnovers and take care of the ball, I like our chances.