PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR question

AndChiefs
10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
So I live in Portland and I'm looking for a sports bar to watch the games once in awhile. Is their any local hang out spot in this area? I know this is basically region specific but I'm sure there's a few of us out here.

AndChiefs
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Bumping in hopes that there is actually fans out here other then me. :)

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Ask Taco John, he may know....doesn't he live there?

You may need to go over to www.orangemane.com (http://www.orangemane.com) to find him though; he's been sparse around here of late.....since he became a dad.

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
If not, here are a couple of links I just googled:

http://www.barflymag.com/features/SB.html

http://www.sportstavern.com/oregon/portland.html

http://portland.citysearch.com/roundup/40688

KC Dan
10-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I live in Vancouver, WA. I go to a local bar near my house that has good wings, is small and a good hangout. It is on Mill Plain Blvd. If the game isn't on local TV Sunday I will be there again this week. If there is an away game not on tv give me a PM and we can meet to watch the game. They also just opened a Big Al's bowling center that has a huge sports bar on 164th here that is like a Vegas sports booking hall. The only problem there is everything is expensive.

rtmike
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I remember a while ago I think someone told me that Wichita Pub plays the Chiefs games. They're down there in Clackamas.

AndChiefs
10-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Hmm Interesting...I work in Clackamas and live in Tualatin. I'll see what i can find, it would be nice to meet some of you other northwesterners sometime though.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-11-2006, 01:32 AM
So I live in Portland and I'm looking for a sports bar to watch the games once in awhile. Is their any local hang out spot in this area? I know this is basically region specific but I'm sure there's a few of us out here.

Hey, my brother in law lives there now and was a huge Chiefs fan before he went there. Ill give him a call tomorrow to ask for ya.

AndChiefs
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey, my brother in law lives there now and was a huge Chiefs fan before he went there. Ill give him a call tomorrow to ask for ya.

Thanks, looks like we won't be getting the game here so I"ll have to find somewhere.

B2chiefsfan
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Portland has about 50 strip bars to choose from......

Jilly
10-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I know they had a ton of TV's, but I'm not sure how sports oriented they are because I wasn't there at a real sports time for OR. But I went to a place in Portland called the Lucky Labrador. they had amazing beer they brewed there and was a fun atmosphere.

Jilly
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I live in Vancouver, WA. I go to a local bar near my house that has good wings, is small and a good hangout. It is on Mill Plain Blvd. If the game isn't on local TV Sunday I will be there again this week. If there is an away game not on tv give me a PM and we can meet to watch the game. They also just opened a Big Al's bowling center that has a huge sports bar on 164th here that is like a Vegas sports booking hall. The only problem there is everything is expensive.

Vancouver, WA was awesome..... I loved that town. I only got to be there a half day and part of that was business, but I bet it's awesome to live there.

KC Dan
10-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Vancouver, WA was awesome..... I loved that town. I only got to be there a half day and part of that was business, but I bet it's awesome to live there.
It has been awesome to live here (no state tax, ect) until last night when I and each member of my family was served with lawsuit papers from an ambulance chaser lawyer because of a minor fender bender 2 years ago. The beeotch refused the insurance settlement (only damage-broken taillight on her car none on our car) and wants my whole enchilada. Gotta love America.

StcChief
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Most sports Bars do have multiple screens and NFL Sunday ticket?

Dartgod
10-11-2006, 11:37 AM
It has been awesome to live here (no state tax, ect) until last night when I and each member of my family was served with lawsuit papers from an ambulance chaser lawyer because of a minor fender bender 2 years ago. The beeotch refused the insurance settlement (only damage-broken taillight on her car none on our car) and wants my whole enchilada. Gotta love America.
WTF? :eek:

KC Dan
10-11-2006, 11:44 AM
WTF? :eek:
Yeah, my reaction too. I'm having a wonderful day...:banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss::mad::mad::#:#

Dartgod
10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Wonderful. How much are they sueing for? You need to hire Bwana as your lawyer.

Do you know yet if you are going to make it to the Sandy Eggo game?

KC Dan
10-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Wonderful. How much are they sueing for? You need to hire Bwana as your lawyer.

Do you know yet if you are going to make it to the Sandy Eggo game?
No exact dollar figure just "all marital community property"

No sd game for me, sad to say........tell all I said howdy! Tell whoever Soph takes that they are welcome.

Oregon chief
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
There is a place called the green tortise in downtown next to PSU