PDA

View Full Version : Found out what was wrong with my mower....

Jenny Gump
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Apparently, my son had poured the whole bottle of oil into the oil hole. Yes, I am a girl, and I call it an oil hole. Anyway, that, and the air filter needed cleaning. But the fix it guy said that it was most likely the overfilling of the oil. Kids. Aren't they cute?

|Zach|
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
When I was a little guy my parents VCR stopped working so they took it in to get it repaired...

When they were in there the guy checked it over and asked them "Do you have any children?" They responded that they have one son. He pauses a little while and says...

"Well, he must of thought this VCR looked like a really good parking garage because there are cars stuffed all the way in this thing."

And yes, it looked like a great parking garage for my cars at the time.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 08:34 PM
When I was a little guy my parents VCR stopped working so they took it in to get it repaired...

When they were in there the guy checked it over and asked them "Do you have any children?" They responded that they have one son. He pauses a little while and says...

"Well, he must of thought this VCR looked like a really good parking garage because there are cars stuffed all the way in this thing."

And yes, it looked like a great parking garage for my cars at the time.
My younger brother shoved a grilled cheese in ours.

Donger
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I didn't really get into much trouble as a kid. I did entirely take apart the washing machine once. That's it.

Jenny Gump
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I didn't really get into much trouble as a kid. I did entirely take apart the washing machine once. That's it.

My mom tells me I took all the labels off the cans once. They never knew for sure what they were opening.

You know what's fun about being the youngest? Your parents think every damn thing you did was cute and hysterical. My sister would have been beaten for the same crap.

Iowanian
10-10-2006, 08:39 PM
It was the baby rabbits wrapped around the blade shaft again.....wasn't it?

Donger
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
My mom tells me I took all the labels off the cans once. They never knew for sure what they were opening.

You know what's fun about being the youngest? Your parents think every damn thing you did was cute and hysterical. My sister would have been beaten for the same crap.

Not in our house. Mum had perfected her "backhand while cooking and on the phone while not looking" hit by the time I rolled around. To this day, I know her exact reach.

tk13
10-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Hmm, that's great.

Jenny Gump
10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmm, that's great.

I know, it's the stuff that football boards are made of. However, Skip and others were throwing around theories. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew how that riveting story ended.

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I didn't really get into much trouble as a kid. I did entirely take apart the washing machine once. That's it.I used to take things apart to see how they worked. Radios, RC cars, etc. If I took it apart, put it back together, and it still worked... I felt like I'd really done something cool.

You'd think I'd be an engineer or something, but no... I sell auto parts. :sulk:

KcMizzou
10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Not in our house. Mum had perfected her "backhand while cooking and on the phone while not looking" hit by the time I rolled around. To this day, I know her exact reach.My favorite was tugging on mom's sleeve while she was on the phone.

"Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" WHACK!

Ouch.

Donger
10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
I used to take things apart to see how they worked. Radios, RC cars, etc. If I took it apart, put it back together, and it still worked... I felt like I'd really done something cool.

You'd think I'd be an engineer or something, but no... I sell auto parts. :sulk:

Meh. Engineers are overrated. After all, they build some real crap:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0Fi1VcbpAI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P0Fi1VcbpAI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Simplex3
10-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Heh. My parents had a console TV when I was 2. My rocking chair was beside it. It seems the picture on the TV got progressively worse by the day. Thankfully my great uncle was did electronics repair and came over to take a look, only to find that the TV was waaaaaaaaay out of adjustment.

Seems I would sit in my chair, stick my arm behind the TV, then spin the knobs to see what they did. I could never quite get them back to the correct position, though.

I also asked for one of those dolls that crawled for XMas when I was three. My mom thought that was really cute and got it for me. I dismantled it trying to figure out how it worked. They paid really close attention to me when I was around my baby cousin after that.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I never did anything like that. The worst things I got in trouble for were:

1. Throwing water from a bucket on passing cars.

2. Tossing cheerios in the neighbor's pool.

Coach
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Heh, that's funny.

By any chance you use that oil to make those black marks on your cheeks, under your eyes, (Remember Favre commerical?) for a game of football?

Simplex3
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
I never did anything like that. The worst things I got in trouble for were:

1. Throwing water from a bucket on passing cars.

2. Tossing cheerios in the neighbor's pool.
Endangering the saftey of motorists is probably the worst thing anyone has put in this thread so far.

JBucc
10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't remember anything I used to do. I can't ever remember anything when I'm trying to think of it. It's some sort of weird mental block.

Count Alex's Losses
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Endangering the saftey of motorists is probably the worst thing anyone has put in this thread so far.

I don't think it was that bad. It was in a residential area and the cars weren't going very fast.

Simplex3
10-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't remember anything I used to do. I can't ever remember anything when I'm trying to think of it. It's some sort of weird mental block.
Is that a new euphemism for weed?

JBucc
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Is that a new euphemism for weed?Maybe. I can't remember.

Simplex3
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't think it was that bad. It was in a residential area and the cars weren't going very fast.
I'm not telling you that I think the chance of an accident is high, but of the things in this thread it is far and away the most dangerous.

JBucc
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh dammit, I was going to post that devil face guy on my 6,666'th post but I forgot. sumbitch

Halfcan
10-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh dammit, I was going to post that devil face guy on my 6,666'th post but I forgot. sumbitch

Nick Athon?

Phobia
10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
He's still young. Wait until he starts sticking other things in the oil hole in a couple years.

Lzen
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I used to take things apart to see how they worked. Radios, RC cars, etc. If I took it apart, put it back together, and it still worked... I felt like I'd really done something cool.

Ha ha ha ha!! That sounds like what I was like as a kid. I used to take stuff apart all the time. Sometimes I really pissed off my dad by doing that. Of course, I liked to take things apart but not put them back together. :D

Rausch
10-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Odds are it's an old one and he tipped it over to clean out the grass from the bottom, pushing the oil into.........Just DON'T do that.