PDA

View Full Version : The old Chiefs from the 60s and 70s would have..

HemiEd
10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
cleared the bench after the face mask on Larry Johnson. Why not now, free agency?
Are we just more civilized now? I know many of the players were in shock and concerned for his well being, as was I.
It just made me think how different it really is now. Those old Chiefs-Raiders brawls come to mind.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Are we just more civilized now?

DING DING DING!!

That and threat of fines....

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
As much as i would like to see Esther Rolle's fingernails plucked one by one, i hate to think how of how far back the sure-fire penalties would have put us. It coulda been a different outcome. Herm seems to wield a big stick in regards to flags.

HemiEd
10-10-2006, 09:32 PM
DING DING DING!!

That and threat of fines....

Actually the fines might be less of an issue than suspensions, don't you think?
The more I think about it, they are almost the same thing. Suspensions cost them game checks, a lot of money.

Bill Parcells
10-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Well..when you look at the players now..it's just all different..

I remember watching the Giants get their asses handed to them by the Texans(the worst team in the NFL at the time) a couple of years ago..at the end of the game that ass Strahan is smiling and laughing..I just dont get it :shake:

HemiEd
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Herm seems to wield a big stick in regards to flags.

They always had offsetting penalties, most of the time. :D

Well..when you look at the players now..it's just all different..end of the game that ass Strahan is smiling and laughing..I just dont get it :shake:

I have seen that numerous times, makes me sick. Players Association fraternity?

Easy 6
10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Having said what i said, i do not see any problem with gettin' together in the parking lot to figure it out %(/ :$2500:

KCChiefsFan88
10-11-2006, 12:24 AM
cleared the bench after the face mask on Larry Johnson. Why not now, free agency?
Are we just more civilized now? I know many of the players were in shock and concerned for his well being, as was I.
It just made me think how different it really is now. Those old Chiefs-Raiders brawls come to mind.

The back-in-the-day Chiefs also would have taken dead aim at Carson Palmer's knee after the cheap-shot to Trent Green in the Cincy game.

PastorMikH
10-11-2006, 12:38 AM
40 years ago there's no way Geathers walks off the field.

Jayhawkerman2001
10-11-2006, 01:24 AM
The reason is because they get paid a whole shit ton of money now, so if they do get suspended, they're looking at like what, a couple hundred thousand a game? Personally I think the NFL is way too commercialized now, its not really the same anymore. They freakin a trademark on the freaking ass superbowl. Only way I ever watch the supderbowl anymore is if the chiefs are in it.

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Teachers in our schools should carry guns for protection.

The same for NFL players on the field. Knives would be appropriate as well.

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 05:16 AM
The back-in-the-day Chiefs also would have taken dead aim at Carson Palmer's knee after the cheap-shot to Trent Green in the Cincy game.

I wonder if the players will negotiate something in a Players association meeting now, instead of doing this.

40 years ago there's no way Geathers walks off the field.

I find myself wishing they would stand up for themselves, this has been our top two offensive weapons.

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Teachers in our schools should carry guns for protection.

The same for NFL players on the field. Knives would be appropriate as well.

Like the Pilots are doing now, I wonder where they could carry a knife? In their sock like the Sharpie?

Good to see you Fairplay, how you been?

Direckshun
10-11-2006, 05:22 AM
I like that the Chiefs haven't retaliated.

Believe it or not, but I like having 53 mature class acts on my team.

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Like the Pilots are doing now, I wonder where they could carry a knife? In their sock like the Sharpie?

Good to see you Fairplay, how you been?

Been doing well my friend. I was MIA most of the off season. Get on here mostly during gametime. Doing the coffee/internet news/chiefsplanet thing before going to work.

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Been doing well my friend. I was MIA most of the off season. Get on here mostly during gametime. Doing the coffee/internet news/chiefsplanet thing before going to work.

Good to hear you are doing well, have wondered about you. I do pretty much the same thing every morning.

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 05:43 AM
Dreary weather. Wet. The leaves falling.

Winter around the corner. Worst thing about it is when the time change comes and it gets dark at 5:30 or so.

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Good to hear you are doing well, have wondered about you. I do pretty much the same thing every morning.

Plus the off season seems there were people bitching at each other a lot. It has its entertainment value, but gets old after a while. So i just kind of faded out of the scene.

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Dreary weather. Wet. The leaves falling.

Winter around the corner. Worst thing about it is when the time change comes and it gets dark at 5:30 or so.

Yep, that is the bad part of football season. When they change the clocks around here it will be dark at 4:20, stupid. We are on the eastern edge of the time zone.
I hate winter!