PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Chiefs at Steelers**** Prediction Thread

Logical
10-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Steelers 19 Chiefs 12

Much closer than I would have projected at the beginning of the season.

SLAG
10-10-2006, 11:53 PM
17-13

Steelers-

whyisthisburgerinmynose will throw his first TD- and Huard will throw his first Pick-

it will be sad

Crashride
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
No offensive turnovers, we capitalize in our redzone attempts and defensive turnovers.

17-7 Chiefs

Fishpicker
10-11-2006, 12:16 AM
12-10 chiefs

both QBs throw a pick and, neither throws for a TD

Halfcan
10-11-2006, 01:40 AM
38-10 Chiefs Kick their F#cking Azzes!!

NJ Chief Fan
10-11-2006, 01:50 AM
19-13 red-n-gold

Direckshun
10-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Big Ben will continue to struggle against one of best secondaries in the NFL. Their ground game will be more effective, but along with KC's own conservative offense, it will grind the game to a halt.

There will be one touchdown in this game. The team that gets it will win.

For now, I have too much faith in Huard to minimally produce and our defense to maximally protect.

13-9, Chiefs.

Direckshun
10-11-2006, 03:22 AM
A big thing for KC to keep in mind is that the Steelers are going to be riding their D and the home crowd. The offense is going to feed off what both the D and crowd provide.

So when Pitt inevitably gets a "big tackle" or "bit hit" at the start of the game, you know what they're going to do: jump around and wave their arms around, the crowd's going to get loud and wave their arms around, and Big Ben's going to come out firing.

Expect the defense to leap around after their first few tackles. Expect the crowd to get ferocious. Know these things are coming and play it really cool.

If you know these things are coming, you can deal with them instead of fighting against intimidation.

runnercyclist
10-11-2006, 04:15 AM
Squeeler fans are as fickle as a fart in a windstorm. They turn on their QBs in a heartbeat.

If we can start the game like AZ did against us it will TOTALLY take away their home field advantage.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-11-2006, 04:18 AM
gotta hope for the best

21 - 7 chiefs

Chan93lx50
10-11-2006, 05:52 AM
21 to 10 Steelers

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 06:04 AM
12 to 9, Chiefs

MeaTy The Pimp
10-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Although their O is struggling, I think they are going to really test our D.

Their D is going to play us pretty hard and Huard is really going to have to play a smart game and not let the crowd get into his head. If he stays cool I think we can pull it off.

I think it will be a close game.

17 - 14 Chiefs

Count Zarth
10-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Our running game gets on track, surprisingly. We get up for this big game and the offensive line takes control. LJ has a big, big game.

Huard struggles, throwing his first interception and passing for less than 150 yards. Pass protection is spotty and we hate Jordan Black again. It's a close game going into the fourth quarter.

The defense is absolutely dominating against Pittsburgh's lousy offense and shitty Ben. He throws 3 interceptions, the biggest of which comes in the fourth quarter courtesy of Ty Law. It sets up the winning score.

Chiefs 20, Steelers 14

The defense scores a touchdown.

Warrior5
10-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Argh...crap! I'm really trying to beat down Moriarity's negative waves for this one. Squealers D (especially their fast LBs) against our O-line has me worried.

The homer in me echoes much of what GoChiefs predicts: Chiefs get either a defense or return score, our defense kills a late Steeler rally by intercepting a Hines Ward trick play, and the Red&Gold steal a W out of Heinz field.

KC 19
PITT 17

ajs
10-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Steelers 24
Chiefs 14

chief52
10-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Steelers 19 Chiefs 12

Much closer than I would have projected at the beginning of the season.

Is that really you behind those rose colored glasses, Vlad?

Lzen
10-11-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm normally an optimist. But I'm also a realist.

Steelers 17
Chiefs 13

Woodrow Call
10-11-2006, 07:47 AM
KC-10
Pitt-3

siberian khatru
10-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Steelers 20, Chiefs 6

Damon's received too much love this week. While he has vastly exceeded my expectations and played very well, I fear he's headed for a tough spot -- on the road, against a desperate team with a tough pass rush. I think he'll finally throw a couple of picks, maybe fumble on a sack. It's inevitable that he'll eventually have a bad game -- even star QBs do -- and I think this is the week. Perfect timing, since even the national media is noticing how well he's played.

Knowing this place, the pendulum will swing wildly back against him and everyone will say Huard sucks and he's the reason we lost the game.

tiptap
10-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I just looked at the statistics of the running game. We are having absolutely no success running at tackles. We went from one of the better teams at least running left at tackle to being about last. If it wasn't for the between guard runs we would be atrocious. And Pit, just like Cardinals will understand this. Pinch to the middle.

This defense is as good as KC and they are having trouble in the offense as well. The kicking game is better for KC. Pit has the home field advantage.

My heart wants KC 13 Pit 10. My brain says Pit 17 KC 13.

CoMoChief
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Porter vs. Black

Ahhhhhh shit, we're ****ed.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-11-2006, 10:08 AM
What few Steelers games I have watched, they like trick/gadget plays a defense can get burned on. Is this LJ's first start this close to home? I'm thinking he was a Steelers fan. Players can be more motivated if more friends & family can attend*. Big Ben is struggling. Damn, I can't pick against the Chiefs.

Chiefs by 3

*maybe Hali will be more motivated as well

StcChief
10-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Chiefs 16
Squeelers 13

ameliorated1216
10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
2-0 Chiefs, has a NFL game ever ended 2-0?

CupidStunt
10-11-2006, 10:29 AM
KC 6
PIT 20

FAX
10-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Chiefs 26, Steelers 6.

During warmups, Willie Roaf enters the stadium descending on a great white cloud accompanied by the sound of thunder and arrayed in golden garments and scarlet cleats. His power is given unto all Chiefs, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and even with the beasts of the earth and thus do the Steeler fans quake and hide their faces and rend their garments and mightily are our touchdowns made.

FAX

ChiefsfaninPA
10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
KC 17
Pit 10

How in the world did you come up Pitt scoring 19 points? How often do teams score 19 points. I am sure it happens, but not with a lot of frequency.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I've heard Heinz Field is a bitch to kick in

chief52
10-11-2006, 11:43 AM
KC 17
Pit 10

How in the world did you come up Pitt scoring 19 points? How often do teams score 19 points. I am sure it happens, but not with a lot of frequency.

It has happened three time this season. Twice on opening day and once last week. I know because I am in a 19 point pool. $150 a week to the winner and it carries over. Kinda fun. I have the Redskins...no $$ yet.

scott free
10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Chiefs 26, Steelers 6.

During warmups, Willie Roaf enters the stadium descending on a great white cloud accompanied by the sound of thunder and arrayed in golden garments and scarlet cleats. His power is given unto all Chiefs, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and even with the beasts of the earth and thus do the Steeler fans quake and hide their faces and rend their garments and mightily are our touchdowns made.

FAX
Brilliant :clap:

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Just watch this will be a offensive game when everybody predicts defense.

scott free
10-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Knowing Cowher, and the position he's in at home, he wants a old-school Squeeler statement game. Ground n' Pound, play D and play-action once in a blue-moon. If we can stuff the run, Ben may still prove rusty. On O we need another "German Efficiency" outing from Huard and maybe expose our tackles to massive amounts of Gamma radiation to ensure mutated production against a furious Squeeler front 7. CHIEFS-17 Squeel-14.

terrysheafanclub
10-11-2006, 12:02 PM
21-20 CHIEFS!!! I will be there to see.

IN HUARD WE TRUST!!!!

Woodrow Call
10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Porter vs. Black

Ahhhhhh shit, we're ****ed.

I saw that Porter is listed as questionable on the injury report. That would be a nice break if he doesn't play.

Logical
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
If Parker needs proof there are significantly more homers on this BB than there used to be, this thread should provide all the proof he needs.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2006, 05:05 PM
13-6 CHIEEEEEEFS

JBucc
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
35-0 Chiefs!

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
If Parker needs proof there are significantly more homers on this BB than there used to be, this thread should provide all the proof he needs.
Why, because we take the positive approach and like to root for our home team?

And to think the Chiefs have no chance is simply ILlogical.

They took a BETTER team, in Denver, to overtime, and probably should've won the game, Huard's first start. I think we all see a big difference between Huard's confidence now, and Huard's confidence then.

The Steelers offense isn't exactly good, by any means, so our defense could go in there and easily hold them to 6 points.

If we turn the ball over 1 time or less, and play good defense, and not make stupid mistakes, we can win this game, and win it by more than a touchdown.

Pittsburgh is 1-3 and hasn't necessarily looked good, by any means. Willie Parker averaged close to 5 yards per carry last year...he's not even close to that mark right now. We're going to shut down their running game, I guarantee it.

Whether or not Roethlisberger can beat us, we'll find out...

I still predict a 13-6 Chiefs win. We're the better team.

Count Zarth
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
This game is all on the offensive line. Our defense is good enough to shut down Pittsburgh.

If our offensive line shows up, we win.

HemiEd
10-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Ok, so having a positive feeling about a team that has won two in a row under adverse conditions, beating a team that has lost three in a row equal a homer. The team that has lost three in a row has a quarterback that has nine interceptions and no TD passes.

Brilliant!

Logical
10-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Why, because we take the positive approach and like to root for our home team?

And to think the Chiefs have no chance is simply ILlogical.

They took a BETTER team, in Denver, to overtime, and probably should've won the game, Huard's first start. I think we all see a big difference between Huard's confidence now, and Huard's confidence then.

The Steelers offense isn't exactly good, by any means, so our defense could go in there and easily hold them to 6 points.

If we turn the ball over 1 time or less, and play good defense, and not make stupid mistakes, we can win this game, and win it by more than a touchdown.

Pittsburgh is 1-3 and hasn't necessarily looked good, by any means. Willie Parker averaged close to 5 yards per carry last year...he's not even close to that mark right now. We're going to shut down their running game, I guarantee it.

Whether or not Roethlisberger can beat us, we'll find out...

I still predict a 13-6 Chiefs win. We're the better team.No, because they are the Super Bowl champions, their greatest strength pass russ is our greatest weakness, they are extremely motivated after losing three, they are at home (where they have a huge homefield advantage), even if he plays LJ is hurt and will be playing hurt, their secondary is twice as good as our receivers personel wise and Huard is going to have no time to throw the ball. Finally it is our 2nd road game in a row and almost no one in the NFL wins two in a row on the road. I agree this will be a low scoring game but our chances of winning are barely above nil. Yet 95% of the posters are predicting victory which is against huge odds. That is why they are homers.

JBucc
10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I think overall we are a better team right now, but unfortunately their biggest strength exploits our biggest weakness. If we want to win our D is not only going to have to stop them but probably get a turnover deep in their territory or maybe even score themselves. 17-13 Pitt.

Count Zarth
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
their greatest strength pass rush is our greatest weakness

Yeah? Well guess what? Our greatest strength (secondary) is their greatest weakness (quarterback, shitty receivers).

Personally, I don't think LJ is all that hurt. He's not going to be slower because his neck hurts. Their secondary isn't all that great, either.

scott free
10-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I'll bet the CHIEFS do not intend to go in there like whipped dogs, they intend to go in and win. Everyone knows it'll be a buzzsaw but if my guys feel they have a chance why shouldnt i?

Dark Horse
10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Now are you talking about the whole Chiefs team or just Gunther by himself? Would that be a full size Gunther or like a 12 inch Gunther?

dtebbe
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Let's face it, the only advantage the Steelers have right now is home field. I don't think it's any better than Denver's home field, and we played Denver tough. And I'm going out on a limb (so shoot me) but I think our defense has played well enough for long enough that we can start counting it as a strength. If our receivers would quit dropping easy balls we would be winning by wider margins. This week will be a big test, but I think we have a good chance of winning if the defense plays like they have in the past 3 games.

Chiefs - 23
Steelers - 13

DT

Logical
10-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Let's face it, the only advantage the Steelers have right now is home field. I don't think it's any better than Denver's home field, and we played Denver tough. And I'm going out on a limb (so shoot me) but I think our defense has played well enough for long enough that we can start counting it as a strength. If our receivers would quit dropping easy balls we would be winning by wider margins. This week will be a big test, but I think we have a good chance of winning if the defense plays like they have in the past 3 games.

Chiefs - 23
Steelers - 13

DTYou have to be kidding, have you seen their pass rush, have you watched our lack of pass blocking capability?

dtebbe
10-11-2006, 07:46 PM
You have to be kidding, have you seen their pass rush, have you watched our lack of pass blocking capability?

Screen pass baby. Catch that blitz a couple times and make em' pay.

DT

FAX
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
You have to be kidding, have you seen their pass rush, have you watched our lack of pass blocking capability?

My, we are cranky today.

Draw play. Fill their empty heads with overconfident dreams of victory and QB sacks then run the draw with LJ. They will fold like a pair of silk panties in a doctor's waiting room.

FAX

JBucc
10-11-2006, 08:03 PM
If Pete Townshend is really not playing I'll change my prediction to 20-10 Chiefs.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Chiefs 17
Steelers 13

Logical
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
With our line they won't even have to blitz and I bet they get 7 sacks from their edge rushers.Screen pass baby. Catch that blitz a couple times and make em' pay.

DT

runnercyclist
10-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I guarantee a kickass tailgate...after that, I'm not so sure.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Chiefs will hand them the worst loss in their history!

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh and BEN will be Has-Ben after we get done with him.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Hali-2 sacks-2 forced fumbles-9 tackles with a pass knocked down.

vailpass
10-12-2006, 02:27 PM
San Fran and AZ are in the rear view mirror.
Pitt 31
KC 10

Radar Chief
10-12-2006, 02:34 PM
San Fran and AZ are in the rear view mirror.
Pitt 31
KC 10

Has Pitt cumulatively scored 31 points this year? :shrug:

vailpass
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Has Pitt cumulatively scored 31 points this year? :shrug:

Probably not.

Both Pitt and KC appear to be teams that are not hitting on all cylinders due to injury and loss of key players from last year. It seems to me that either KC or PITT is due for a break out game this week where all the parts start to gel.

If it were at Arrowhead I would say it's KC's week but since it's at Pitt I give them the nod to explode.

It's going to be an interesting game that will tell a lot about each team, IMHO. With the injuries to Pitt's D I revise my score prediction to Pitt 31
KC 17.

Count Zarth
10-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Jesus Christ. 31 points? No way in hell.

vailpass
10-12-2006, 05:10 PM

Not trying to be a dick, that's just the way I see it for the reasons given in my previous post.

HemiEd
10-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Not trying to be a dick, that's just the way I see it for the reasons given in my previous post.
This should be an interesting thread Sunday evening. It should fit in the 100 post club pretty easily.

Short Leash Hootie
10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
No, because they are the Super Bowl champions, their greatest strength pass russ is our greatest weakness, they are extremely motivated after losing three, they are at home (where they have a huge homefield advantage), even if he plays LJ is hurt and will be playing hurt, their secondary is twice as good as our receivers personel wise and Huard is going to have no time to throw the ball. Finally it is our 2nd road game in a row and almost no one in the NFL wins two in a row on the road. I agree this will be a low scoring game but our chances of winning are barely above nil. Yet 95% of the posters are predicting victory which is against huge odds. That is why they are homers.
I hear what you're saying, I really do.

I think Herm was a little too confident last week against Arizona, and maybe took them a little lightly.

That's not going to be the case this week. We're going to go into Pittsburgh, and protect Huard just like we did when we went to Denver. I think we're going to see a healthy dose of screen passes, swing passes, quick slants, quick digs and draw plays...along with about a 65/35 run to pass ratio. I think we need to play the, settle for the punt, no turnover, pick your spot to score type of game.

We did this very well against Denver, who I think is a better team. If we can catch the Steelers in a few heavy blitzes with some screen passes, I think we can score between 13 and 20 points, possibly 24.

If our defense shows up and plays the way it has been playing, we can win this game. Will it have to take a great effort? Absolutely. But Pittsburgh isn't quite the same team they were last year, at least not yet. Let's hope they continue to struggle against us.

As fans, it's hard for a lot of us to go into a game and expect defeat. I'm glad you can do it, but you don't have to call everyone out that has a little hope.

Calcountry
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
A big thing for KC to keep in mind is that the Steelers are going to be riding their D and the home crowd. The offense is going to feed off what both the D and crowd provide.

So when Pitt inevitably gets a "big tackle" or "bit hit" at the start of the game, you know what they're going to do: jump around and wave their arms around, the crowd's going to get loud and wave their arms around, and Big Ben's going to come out firing.

Expect the defense to leap around after their first few tackles. Expect the crowd to get ferocious. Know these things are coming and play it really cool.

If you know these things are coming, you can deal with them instead of fighting against intimidation.Jump up, jump up and jump arround,

JUMP ARROUND. Jump up and jump arround.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Probably not.

Both Pitt and KC appear to be teams that are not hitting on all cylinders due to injury and loss of key players from last year. It seems to me that either KC or PITT is due for a break out game this week where all the parts start to gel.

If it were at Arrowhead I would say it's KC's week but since it's at Pitt I give them the nod to explode.

It's going to be an interesting game that will tell a lot about each team, IMHO. With the injuries to Pitt's D I revise my score prediction to Pitt 31
KC 17.

Peter King-is that you?

vailpass
10-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Draven knows football.