PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Pink Floyd

Mojo Rising
10-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Show was good. There were a lot of people who acted like they have never been to a concert there which was strange for Shoreline.
Was a good show but Gilmoor puts on a much better show.

The 1st 1/2 of the 1st set was the best. Cuts from The Wall and Wish You Were Here. It then went into OD for a while. Multiple cuts from his own catalog (and a few from Animals).

He then came back and jammed Dark Side Of The Moon. If I had the choice I would pick PF over Waters.

I wish they would rejoin though because they would be better together.

C-Mac
10-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Show was good. There were a lot of people who acted like they have never been to a concert there which was strange for Shoreline.
Was a good show but Gilmoor puts on a much better show.

The 1st 1/2 of the 1st set was the best. Cuts from The Wall and Wish You Were Here. It then went into OD for a while. Multiple cuts from his own catalog (and a few from Animals).

He then came back and jammed Dark Side Of The Moon. If I had the choice I would pick PF over Waters.

I wish they would rejoin though because they would be better together.

Who is Pink Floyd?

Halfcan
10-11-2006, 02:42 AM
I saw them at Arrowhead-they put on a hell of a show.

kcfanXIII
10-11-2006, 04:11 AM
did you go see roger waters or pink floyd? for the record, waters and gilmour hate each other. each thinks he was the brains behind floyd, and have not got along for some years now. i doubt they will ever tour together again. they played a charity event in london, but it was only one show.

chagrin
10-11-2006, 06:14 AM
What the hell are you taslking about dude? I have been a Floyd fan for years and don't know WTF OD is.

Okay guys, Syd Barret and Rogers Waters are the 2 founding members, Gilmour Replaced BSyd after he was institutionalized. Roger became a total control freak and David just wanted to play music, then David got tired of being beat up by Roger, along with the other two dudes, that's why they all 3 came together for Momentary Lapse, etc.

As far as I know The real Pink Floyd, including Roger was supposedly playing 4 cities only in the US for a kinda reunion tour, but I haven't heard anything yet. Thsi thread is confusing, oculd you please give out some more details, without the abbreviations?

Rukdafaidas
10-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Roger Waters is touring in California right now, so I would imagine that's who he saw.
I read a couple of reports about the tour and they said it was horrible. They said Roger should have hung it up a long time ago. They also said Roger should rename the the tour "The F___ Bush Tour", because the whole show did nothing but bash Bush.

chagrin
10-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Roger Waters is touring in California right now, so I would imagine that's who he saw.
I read a couple of reports about the tour and they said it was horrible. They said Roger should have hung it up a long time ago. They also said Roger should rename the the tour "The F___ Bush Tour", because the whole show did nothing but bash Bush.

Heh, that sounds about right. In The Flesh didn't sound so great either, IMO so yeah, I totally believe his bit is wearing thin now. Hell, on Amused To Death, which came out 13 years or so ago, his voice definitely sounded "stressed"

I still consider Roger Waters the man, David is a great Guitarist for sure, but let's be real gentlmen, that was Roger's band - he started it, with Syd. One most of the classic, most popular albums you will find "All songs written and composed by Roger Waters" you cannot argue with that.

Of course, I know many will, this is such a hotbed of debate.

leothedog69
10-11-2006, 06:39 AM
David Gilmour's album, "About Face" is awesome.

chief husker
10-11-2006, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=leothedog69]David Gilmour's album, "About Face" is awesome.[/QUOT

A solid album all the way through. Good production values as well.

DMAC
10-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I still consider Roger Waters the man, David is a great Guitarist for sure, but let's be real gentlmen, that was Roger's band - he started it, with Syd. One most of the classic, most popular albums you will find "All songs written and composed by Roger Waters" you cannot argue with that.

Yeah, he did it all. He is a huge dick I think, but after you wrote such amazing albums and all that...you would probably become:
a. control freak.
b. a dick.
c. HUGE ego.

It just happens that way.

DMAC
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
And bye the way Mojo Rising, say you got back from Roger Waters...not Pink Floyd.

Gilmour, Mason, and Wright are Floyd now.

Waters is just Waters.

chagrin
10-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah, he did it all. He is a huge dick I think, but after you wrote such amazing albums and all that...you would probably become:
a. control freak.
b. a dick.
c. HUGE ego.

It just happens that way.

Maybe so, maybe not - but Rogers big deal is that he had let his dislike of "corporate everything" and government and the loss of his own father in the War, cross the line from motivation (Dark Side, Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall) to obsessive (Final Cut, even though I love that work) to all out freakshow (The Wall in Berlin, Radio KAOS/Amused To Death - again, I also love that work) Pros And Cons of Hitchhiking was kick ass and he had become a little grounded there for a time.

Still though, as we have both said, he was the man

BIG_DADDY
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
I went the last time they were together in Oakland. Awesome show, one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

CosmicPal
10-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Floyd is on tour? That's awesome. I'll have to see if they are making their way to Denver.

StcChief
10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Great show in 1987 in STL. Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Bill Parcells
10-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I saw them in 1978 animals tour at madison square garden..with a giant pig floating in the arena..1980 the wall at nassau coliseum with roger waters playing accoustic guitar on top of an 80ft wall..

Those shows rocked!!!!!

listopencil
10-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I saw them in California in 1988, I believe. I don't remember what city.

DMAC
10-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I saw them in California in 1988, I believe. I don't remember what city.LSD has that effect if you take enough.:p

KC-TBB
10-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I had a pink floyd once, they lanced my Umma Gumma and it is all better now.

listopencil
10-11-2006, 12:55 PM
LSD has that effect if you take enough.:p

...at least I think I remember the year. Could have been '89.

Mojo Rising
10-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I guess I shouln't have posted just after getting home.

It was Roger Waters, not Pink Floyd. Also, OD was short hand for Overdrive. He cruised through some solo stuff.

After thinking about the concert today, PF has a much "Bigger" sound that Waters couldn't recreate.

The Live Aid where they performed together last was great. They are great together...alone I prefer Gillmor.

There was also a guy behind me who took too much lsd. He was flat on his back the whole show freaking out. His girlfriend didn't know what to do.