PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Owners - what games do you have/like/want??

ChiefFan31
10-13-2006, 02:24 AM
I have been eyeballing up some used titles at the local gamestop.

What do you all like?

X-Men
PGR
GRAW
BF2

I have Madden 07, Tiger Woods 06, COD2, Far Cry, and Oblivion.

I was just curious if you have any recommendations, or what is coming down the pipe that you are wanting to grab. I think I might get Gears of War the first day, that game looks bad ass :rockon:

oaklandhater
10-13-2006, 04:40 AM
GRAW oblivion FNR3 DOA4 MADDEN 2007 NCAA 2007 DEAD RISING

I will soon be adding Marvel ultimate alliance Splinter Cell Double Agent and Gears of war.

htismaqe
10-13-2006, 07:28 AM
NCAA 2007 for the 360 is great. Superb gameplay.

Kclee
10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
I have COD2, Halo 2, and Oblivion. COD3 is paid in full, I just have to wait 'til the 8th to pick it up.

icepick64
10-13-2006, 08:19 AM
how is cod2? Is it worth picking up? I guess not with less than a month till some real games come out but maybe I can find it cheap...

HC_Chief
10-13-2006, 08:19 AM
NCAA 2007
Fight Night 3 (addictive!!!)
F.E.A.R.

I play GTA3 San Adreas constantly. Although it is a Xbox title, rather than a 360 title, it is still an excellent game. Nothing like the complete freedom and SCALE of the GTA series :thumb:

Kclee
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
how is cod2? Is it worth picking up? I guess not with less than a month till some real games come out but maybe I can find it cheap...

I think it's great. I love the online play. You might want to wait a few weeks and just pick up cod3. You could rent cod2 for now to make the transition a little smoother to 3.

ChiefFan31
10-14-2006, 01:59 AM

I would consider picking it up. That might be just me, but with the COD3 coming out, the price of 2 will drop and be a good pickup.

I have been playing a little bit of COD2 lately. It looks damn good on my new HDTV.

Has anyone played X-Men??

or What about PGR?

I am thinking about picking those two up (price is good on used titles) and was wondering if anyone has played them.

ChiefFan31
10-14-2006, 02:01 AM
NCAA 2007 for the 360 is great. Superb gameplay.

Better than Madden? I have been seeing online that NCAA seems to be the more popular game.

Too bad K-State isnt a better team right now, they would be more fun to play. Im sure your Hawkeyes are pretty fun.

ZootedGranny
10-14-2006, 03:45 AM
I have been eyeballing up some used titles at the local gamestop.

What do you all like?

X-Men
PGR
GRAW
BF2

PGR3 is a must get, especially for the price. You should be able to find it for about $20 used, and not much more new. It's not offering anything new to the genre, but if you've played the prior PGR games, or just enjoy racing games in general, it's definitely worth owning, even with Forza 2 on the horizon.

GRAW is another solid game, and I put plenty of time into it, offline and online. However, even though they may offer thematically different experiences, I say wait until you play Gears of War before you buy GRAW. The reasoning being that they are going to be similar enough mechanically that should you own both, you may shelve one over the other. Then again, just as with PGR3, if you can get it for a nice price, it's a good pickup.

X-Men, I wouldn't bother. Admittedly, I haven't played it, but of everyone I've talked to that has...it is extremely lackluster.

BF2, I can't say I was a fan of, as I had played basically the exact same game on the Xbox.

Back to Gears of War for a second, it will be one of the few games that I preorder (I'm not a big fan of giving Gamestop/EB interest free money). The official wide release date is November 12th, but the stores have been given the go ahead to sell the game as soon as they receive it, meaning there is no street date. Usually I'd snag a copy at BB or elsewhere, but in this case I'm hoping to grab a copy the 7th or the 8th to have it a few days earlier.

CHIEF4EVER
10-14-2006, 03:56 AM
I am waiting for COD3 and HALO3 to come out. I positively love COD2 and am a HALO2 junkie. So much so that one of my friends and several of my sons friends will be networking 2 XBOXs together tonight along with a couple of TVs for a HALO2 HTH Tournament. It's a blast.

ZootedGranny
10-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Oh, as for the games coming down the pipe, right now it's just Gears of War. Just a couple of months ago I thought the year would end with me purchasing a handful of titles, but they either fell off of my radar (Splinter Cell: Double Agent is dead to me because of the lack of co-op), or were pushed into 2007.

I'm hoping GoW (and maybe Rainbow 6: Vegas) can hold me over for a couple of months, as early 2007 looks to be murderous:

Alan Wake
Stranglehold
Lost Planet
Crackdown
Forza 2
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two

I'm sure at least half of that list will get pushed into March or beyond, but Lost Planet, Crackdown and Forza 2 should drop shortly after the new year.

EDIT: The Splinter Cell: Double Agent multiplayer demo is up now, a single player demo will pop up next week as well as a Rainbow 6 demo, and a Lost Planet multiplayer demo will drop in late November.

CHIEF4EVER
10-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Oh, as for the games coming down the pipe, right now it's just Gears of War. Just a couple of months ago I thought the year would end with me purchasing a handful of titles, but they either fell off of my radar (Splinter Cell: Double Agent is dead to me because of the lack of co-op), or were pushed into 2007.

I'm hoping GoW (and maybe Rainbow 6: Vegas) can hold me over for a couple of months, as early 2007 looks to be murderous:

Alan Wake
Stranglehold
Lost Planet
Crackdown
Forza 2
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two

I'm sure at least half of that list will get pushed into March or beyond, but Lost Planet, Crackdown and Forza 2 should drop shortly after the new year.

EDIT: The Splinter Cell: Double Agent multiplayer demo is up now, a single player demo will pop up next week as well as a Rainbow 6 demo, and a Lost Planet multiplayer demo will drop in late November.

I'll have to check out the Rainbow 6 Demo. I love that series.

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Better than Madden? I have been seeing online that NCAA seems to be the more popular game.

Too bad K-State isnt a better team right now, they would be more fun to play. Im sure your Hawkeyes are pretty fun.

I don't have Madden, but I've heard nothing but complaints...

carlos3652
10-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Ncaa 07 Football
COD 2
Ncaa 06 Basketball
Madden 07 is better than 06... Defense is a bitch though....

meStevo
10-16-2006, 02:24 PM
I have more games than I don't... close to 2 dozen, i can't stop buying them.

*pauses to let the shaking pass*

The games i keep going back to are Madden (NCAA is great, but i want to play the pro game), Just Cause (i love this game, try the demo for more than a few minutes and you'll like it too.) and Saints Row.

I can't seem to stick to a single game, been my problem for a few years now, never bothered to finish COD2 but it is worth it for the 20-30 it will cost you, no reason not to get it. GRAW i think is worth the pickup even with GOW on the horizon, since the stories will be so different.

Drooling over Rainbow 6, and I hate wrestling but I plan on getting the RAW vs Smackdown.

Demos out now for RAW, GRAW, and maybe a couple others I mentioned, make sure you check them out before pulling any triggers. Seems dumb to rent stuff when for another 10-20 dollars you can just own it.

ChiefFan31
10-17-2006, 01:37 AM
PGR3 is a must get, especially for the price. You should be able to find it for about $20 used, and not much more new. It's not offering anything new to the genre, but if you've played the prior PGR games, or just enjoy racing games in general, it's definitely worth owning, even with Forza 2 on the horizon.

GRAW is another solid game, and I put plenty of time into it, offline and online. However, even though they may offer thematically different experiences, I say wait until you play Gears of War before you buy GRAW. The reasoning being that they are going to be similar enough mechanically that should you own both, you may shelve one over the other. Then again, just as with PGR3, if you can get it for a nice price, it's a good pickup.

X-Men, I wouldn't bother. Admittedly, I haven't played it, but of everyone I've talked to that has...it is extremely lackluster.

BF2, I can't say I was a fan of, as I had played basically the exact same game on the Xbox.

Back to Gears of War for a second, it will be one of the few games that I preorder (I'm not a big fan of giving Gamestop/EB interest free money). The official wide release date is November 12th, but the stores have been given the go ahead to sell the game as soon as they receive it, meaning there is no street date. Usually I'd snag a copy at BB or elsewhere, but in this case I'm hoping to grab a copy the 7th or the 8th to have it a few days earlier.

Thanks, I will go buy PGR3 here shortly. and thanks for the tip on X-men. I would have been surprised if it was good. It dropped in price pretty quick. Kinda funny, that is how you can tell the good games for the most part. The ones that hold their value are the ones that are usually the best, and the ones that drop in price quick...aint selling.

ChiefFan31
10-17-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't have Madden, but I've heard nothing but complaints...

I have heard the complaints too. I have not played enough of it to find out yet. I am so dang used to the Playstation controller. Other games, I can pick up, but the ones I have played on the playstation get me...

I just figured both used the same game engine, although I think I will pick up NCAA once it drops a little bit in price.

Has anyone played MLB2K6?? I am really kind of interested in getting it. The last Baseball game I owned was Triple Play 97 for the PSone :D

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
and a Lost Planet multiplayer demo will drop in late November.Oh my God.

htismaqe
10-18-2006, 02:34 PM
I have heard the complaints too. I have not played enough of it to find out yet. I am so dang used to the Playstation controller. Other games, I can pick up, but the ones I have played on the playstation get me...

I just figured both used the same game engine, although I think I will pick up NCAA once it drops a little bit in price.

Has anyone played MLB2K6?? I am really kind of interested in getting it. The last Baseball game I owned was Triple Play 97 for the PSone :D

NCAA and Madden don't use the same engine...at least that would explain why the sliders are quite different between the two games...

wutamess
10-18-2006, 08:40 PM
I just got my Xbox 360 on my 30th B-Day Oct 30th.

Waited to hook it up until I got some games.
Low and behold I ran across a 50" (rear projection) Sony Grand Wega LCD for $900.

Bought it... Put it in the family room and moved the 57inch Sony to my bedroom.

The 50inch Sony LCD picture is so much clearer.
High def is trylu amazing.
My 57 inch (bought 4 years ago) is Hi-Def bout doesn't hold a cup of water to this 50 inch.

Anyhow... Hooked the XBOX 360 up to it late last week after I received my ebayed games (Madden 07 & GRAW)... I loved the previous Ghost Recons on the original XBOX. (All but Ghost Recon 2).

But I decided I'm only going to really try and learn 1 game. Madden 07. Hence my tackling thread.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Problems with Madden 2007 on the 360:

Ghost effect (some players will run through your defenders f*cking Sam Wheat style, particularly on All-Madden)

Drafting-The Rookies are horrendous, and the draft process itself takes almost a half hour, even on the fastest speed

Player Development--If you try and train a player they instantly age to 25 years old

Where are they--Rookies will randomly disappear (I assume they are on the PS, but WTF knows)

No formation/playbook editing--You can't sub people in specific packages, only generic positions.

Honestly, I have no problem with tackling whatsoever, generally the people who are poor tacklers try to A) dive, and B) over pursue. Strafe and maintain containment. Don't be Eric Hicks.

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 02:43 AM
NCAA and Madden don't use the same engine...at least that would explain why the sliders are quite different between the two games...

That makes sense. I was wondering after hearing about all the problems with Madden, why NCAA is so popular.

And I havent the slightest what sliders are. I would imagine they are game saves, or downloaded updates. Or some way of going from season to season with the same stats or updated players. First time I am hearing about them is in this forum :shrug:

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 02:47 AM
I just got my Xbox 360 on my 30th B-Day Oct 30th.

Waited to hook it up until I got some games.
Low and behold I ran across a 50" (rear projection) Sony Grand Wega LCD for $900.

Bought it... Put it in the family room and moved the 57inch Sony to my bedroom.

The 50inch Sony LCD picture is so much clearer.
High def is trylu amazing.
My 57 inch (bought 4 years ago) is Hi-Def bout doesn't hold a cup of water to this 50 inch.

Anyhow... Hooked the XBOX 360 up to it late last week after I received my ebayed games (Madden 07 & GRAW)... I loved the previous Ghost Recons on the original XBOX. (All but Ghost Recon 2).

But I decided I'm only going to really try and learn 1 game. Madden 07. Hence my tackling thread.

Those Sony LCD 50" RP's do rock :D

Which one did you get? all Silver cabinet or the one with a black trim around the screen and silver on the outsides? Just curious, my Dad has the one with the black trim around the screen. The all silver cabinet was the following years model. Same everything except for a built in OTA HD tuner. Excellent picture. 900 bucks is a smokin deal. Congrats.

wutamess
10-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Those Sony LCD 50" RP's do rock :D

Which one did you get? all Silver cabinet or the one with a black trim around the screen and silver on the outsides? Just curious, my Dad has the one with the black trim around the screen. The all silver cabinet was the following years model. Same everything except for a built in OTA HD tuner. Excellent picture. 900 bucks is a smokin deal. Congrats.

Black trim with silver.
Thanks.

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2006, 10:10 AM
NCAA is solid; Madden sucks. MLB 2k6 is supposedly godawful, like its previous-gen (that's right, bitches) brethren.

Swanman
10-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I got the 360 right after it came out and so I have quite a few games at this point. My favorites are Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, Saints Row and College Hoops 2k6. Call of Duty 2 is a pretty short game but still worth it for the graphics and gameplay. I've been playing Oblivion for over 20 hours and I've barely scratched the surface. The graphics are amazing but the number of loading screens can get annoying. Saints Row is basically GTA with next-gen graphics, so obviously it's a lot of fun. College Hoops 2k6 is basically a port of the Xbox version, but with much better graphics. Given that most games have been gutted of many features for the 360 (most, if not all EA sports titles), a pure port is actually a good thing.

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
2k seems to be the only sports gaming company that gives a **** about the next-gen at this point.

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2006, 03:54 AM
The R6 Vegas demo is on the marketplace in all regions except the US, thanks to an exclusivity somethingorother. I would STRONGLY suggest creating a UK/Japan/Germany/whatever account (http://www.gamersreports.com/article/19/) and checking this baby out, because it's absolutely excellent. It's gone from not even being on my radar to being a likely purchase, despite coming out alongside Gears of War.

Mecca
10-24-2006, 05:02 AM
You all should be playing the new NBK 2k game it rules all, best basketball game ever.