PDA

View Full Version : Great deal for 160G external WD drive - $44

Mojo Rising
10-13-2006, 08:41 PM
I have been searching for an external drive for several months now. I only use my PC for surfing, emailing and storing pix off the digital camera (also the short videos it does.)

We have an 18 mo. old and prior to that 2 dogs so we have a lot of pix. Our drive was almost full so I began searching for a way too add more memory. I found out my bottom of the line, 3 year old HP, doesn't have an extra bay for an extra internal hard drive.

I have been tracking the price of externals and it seems that $90 for 160g has been the best around. I wanted 40-60g for $50 but I wasn't able to find it.

I just found a 160G WD Mybook for $49 after rebate and $5 coupon this weekend at Office Depot.

This is a great deal!

Guru
10-13-2006, 09:45 PM
What model number is it? Trying to find it on their website.

Mojo Rising
10-14-2006, 06:43 AM
Just looked at the box and there isn't a model #. Western Digital makes an external hard drive under the name My Book from 160 - 500 G with a few options in between. This is the 160 G version.

NewChief
10-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Went and picked myself up one today. I really lucked out. Got there, the rebate offer was still advertised next to the product. Went to the front to check out, and the rebate information didn't print out. The manager checked, and the rebate offer was for last week. Since they hadn't taken the offer advertisement down, he just went ahead and charged me the price it would have been after the rebate.

Got the sweet deal, but I don't have to deal with the PITA rebate paperwork and wait. Importing all of my music on it now. Will be switching photos over to it later today.