PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Davis Available

Chiefaholic
10-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Cardinals | L. Davis on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:17:42 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Arizona Cardinals OT Leonard Davis is available at the trade deadline. Davis has fallen out of favor with head coach Dennis Green and the team is reportedly asking for "a pick or a player," according to an NFC general manager. The general manager added it appears the team would like to trade him "for pretty much anything, they seemed like they were just trying to unload him."

JBucc
10-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Black for Davis!

milkman
10-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Hicks for Davis!

FAX
10-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Is he any good? Is he any better than our baby girl blockers?

FAX

JBucc
10-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Is he any good is he any better than our baby girl blockers?

FAXI don't know, but he's hugemongoose. With some proper coaching he could be really good.

milkman
10-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Is he any good? Is he any better than our baby girl blockers?

FAX

He has never really played to the level of expectation for him, but he was better a couple of years ago than he is now.

That suggests he could achieve more, and that good coachinng and motivation could be just what he needs.

Coach
10-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Wasn't Davis a guard when he was in college?

I'd like to see him moved back to the G position. I think it would benefit Davis more than being a T, IMHO.

CupidStunt
10-15-2006, 01:05 PM
He'd be worth a fifth-rounder or a mediocre player.

I wouldn't give up a third for him, though (since we don't have a fourth-rounder).

Chiefaholic
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Position
Switched to left tackle prior to the 2004 season from guard where he played each of his first four seasons.

The second overall choice in the 2001 draft (Michael Vick, Atlanta), Davis has started all 60 games in which he has appeared for Arizona.

Earned the nickname "BIGG" after sprouting to 6-0, 205 pounds as a fifth-grader and 6-4, 300 pounds as a seventh-grader has weighed at least 370 pounds since high school.

Pro Career: The second-overall pick in the 2001 draft behind Michael Vick.
2004: Started the first 15 games of the season at left tackle; made the switch to LT after playing guard in each of his first three seasons left the game @ Sea (12/26) due to a left knee injury placed on the injured reserve list on 12/31.
2003: Did not play during preseason after suffering broken bone in right hand during training camp started at right guard @ Det (9/7) for first time in regular-season game since 2001 season finale @ Was (1/6/02) left game in first half with right ankle sprain and did not return played from start to finish vs. Sea (/14) despite limited practice time with ankle sprain, then inactive the next two weeks vs. GB (9/21) and @ StL (9/28) left game briefly in second half @ Sea (12/21) while being examined for sprained thumb on left hand, but was taped and wrapped and returned to finish game.
2002: Preseason injury to starting right tackle Anthony Clement (torn right triceps) prompted switch to right tackle for first time in NFL career first pro start at right tackle in season-opener @ Was (9/8) helped tailback Thomas Jones collect career-best 173 yards rushing in 24-13 win @ Sea (9/15), specifically when he sealed the backside on Jones' 58-yard third-quarter scoring run delivered thunderous tackle on 49er defensive back Ronnie Heard following his interception in fourth quarter @ SF (10/27) after a 30-yard return left game vs. StL (11/3) in second quarter with concussion but returned in second half to finish the contest returned to right guard temporarily in first half @ Phi (11/17) when Clement saw only action of season at right tackle moved back outside in second half suffered left knee sprain vs. SF (12/21) and did not return non-surgical rehab underwent unrelated minor arthroscopic procedure on the knee following the season on Jan. 16, 2003.
2001: Started all 16 games at right guard consensus all-rookie selection despite late season back spasms and a tender shoulder key component of offensive line that allowed just 29 quarterback sacks, second fewest in 16-game season the 1978 line allowed 22 sacks and featured three Pro Bowlers-center Tom Banks, tackle Dan Dierdorf, and guard Bob Young.

College: Anchored the Texas Longhorns' offensive line from left tackle as a junior and senior began collegiate career as a defensive tackle started 21 of Longhorns' final 24 games first team all-America honors as senior from the Walter Camp Foundation, Football Writers Association, and The Sporting News consensus all-Big 12 Conference first-team choice one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy, given to the top lineman in college football.

milkman
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Wasn't Davis a guard when he was in college?

I'd like to see him moved back to the G position. I think it would benefit Davis more than being a T, IMHO.

He started his college career as a DT, but played LT in his junior and senior seasons.

FAX
10-15-2006, 01:10 PM
If that's the case, crap. Take him. He's got to be better than Black. Give them Hicks and Bell. Throw in a date with Herm's wife.

Solari can get him coached up.

FAX

Marcellus
10-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Can he play LT?

Sorry. I just figured every post about a player had to ask the question.I know curently he is a LT.

FAX
10-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Can he play LT? ...

Like. In his sleep, dude.

FAX

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:13 PM

I wouldn't give up a third for him, though (since we don't have a fourth-rounder).
We don't have a 4th this year either? Who did we piss it away on?

As for Davis, sounds like maybe he is an O-line version of Sims. Lazy and/or underachiever. In what year and what round was he drafted? My interest is because we obviously have O-linemen who are at the peak of their potential or Solari would have made them solid Linemen by now. This guy is a gamble, but he may have potential. Maybe we can develop him better than the Cards can. Would giving them Bober for Davis be a good idea?

Marcellus
10-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Like. In his sleep, dude.

FAX

Maybe that's the problem. Their line sucks and if they are willing to unload their LT for cheap, he must be sucking wind.

BigChiefFan
10-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I would take a flyer on him. If nothing else, he could be our insurance for Will Shields. He's been a STARTER every since he's entered the league and if he doesn't work out as a LT, he could definitely take over for Shields. It sounds like he might have motivation issues, but a fresh start might do him so good.

Coach
10-15-2006, 01:16 PM

While we have some heated disagreements, this I agree. Start off with a 6th rounder (if we have any that is) and a medicore player. If they refuse it, switch the 6th to a 5th, to see if they'd bite.

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:17 PM
In what year and what round was he drafted?

"The second-overall pick in the 2001 draft behind Michael Vick."

Wow!! I'd say make an offer. Come on Carl.

JBucc

Our coach right?

FAX
Maybe that's the problem. Their line sucks and if they are willing to unload their LT for cheap, he must be sucking wind.

I don't think so, Mr. Marcellus. I've communed with the ethers on this matter and the message I'm receiving is very clear. Davis has been complaining about the play calling and Green is upset about it. Green wants to shed himself of any critics to protect his job. The ethers also say that Denny Green dresses up like a girl scout on Saturdays when no one is around.

FAX

Coach
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
He started his college career as a DT, but played LT in his junior and senior seasons.

Ah, all righty then. For some reason, I thought he played the G position in college or early stages of his NFL career.

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey if we can even make a DT out of him it could be worth it! :hmmm:

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Our coach right?
I thought that was for last year's draft.

Basileus777
Leonard Davis should be playing guard. Denny Green moved him to tackle because of his salary.

JBucc
I thought that was for last year's draft.Maybe. I can't remember.

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Maybe. I can't remember.
I think it was.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Absolutely try to get this guy.

Try to get him and Bryant Johnson for Key Fox and a 6th rounder.

Marcellus
10-15-2006, 01:34 PM

I'd rather throw in Bell and keep Fox. But they wouldn't want Bell would they.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM

Exactly, johnson is rotting in ARZ as well....but since we want a trade it likely will not happen.

Frankie
10-15-2006, 01:45 PM

NO!!.... We should KEEP Fox.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2006, 01:49 PM
NO!!.... We should KEEP Fox.

Let me understand this for a minute.

If we could get a decent, young WR and a LT, we should do it so we can keep a backup LB?

Coach
10-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Let me understand this for a minute.

If we could get a decent, young WR and a LT, we should do it so we can keep a backup LB?

Well, Fox is better than Bell, yet for some reason, the coaches keep Bell in the game.

I feel that Fox is suited for the Cover 2 scheme than Bell. And Fox is one of our consistent special team player as well.

I'd like to see if the Chiefs can get the young WR and LT w/o losing our young LB.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Well, Fox is better than Bell, yet for some reason, the coaches keep Bell in the game.

I feel that Fox is suited for the Cover 2 scheme than Bell. And Fox is one of our consistent special team player as well.

So you're which coach on the Chiefs staff? Could it be that the reason that Fox hasn't been on the field is because Bell is better? Why don't you take it up with Herm, genius?

TrickyNicky
10-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Solid logic. Join the Chiefs staff and argue with the head coach before you give an opinion...

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd be for trading a second day pick or a 3rd string player for him.

Not sure I want to give up much. The guy has huge upside potential that isn't being tapped into. (Sounds a lot like Sims IMO).

CupidStunt
10-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Bryant Johnson?

Don't we have enough mediocre, #3 type receivers?

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2006, 02:41 PM
I'd definitely would take a flyer on Davis. KC needs a replacement for Shields when he's gone. That's if they want to keep Welbourne at RT

RINGLEADER
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM
"The second-overall pick in the 2001 draft behind Michael Vick."

Wow!! I'd say make an offer. Come on Carl.

Why does his draft position have anything to do with anything? I mean Sims was the sixth overall pick and he can't crack the starting lineup when two journeymen were the only ones standing in his way.

That said, he has to be an upgrade and it's a position where we need some depth. Wouldn't count on much from him this year though.

milkman
10-15-2006, 02:54 PM

Michael Bennett.

Easy 6
10-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Michael Bennett.
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh......binnitt :cuss:

milkman
10-15-2006, 02:57 PM
So you're which coach on the Chiefs staff? Could it be that the reason that Fox hasn't been on the field is because Bell is better? Why don't you take it up with Herm, genius?

Bell is on the field because of Gunt's stubborn pride.

That is the only reason.

Bell has made ONE ****ing play in 20 games.

He's ****ing useless.

I would love to tell Gunt what a useless ****ing piece of shit Bell is.

Edit:I'd also love to tell Gunt that he's a dumbass muther****er that needs his ass kicked for allowing his stubborn pride to get in the way of making decisions that benefit the team.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Solid logic. Join the Chiefs staff and argue with the head coach before you give an opinion...

What has Fox EVER shown? Why would someone automatically think that Fox is better, given his injury history and his lack of playing time? That makes no sense.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Bell is on the field because of Gunt's stubborn pride.

That is the only reason.

Bell has made ONE ****ing play in 20 games.

He's ****ing useless.

I would love to tell Gunt what a useless ****ing piece of shit Bell is.

Edit:I'd also love to tell Gunt that he's a dumbass muther****er that needs his ass kicked for allowing his stubborn pride to get in the way of making decisions that benefit the team.

Why don't you? Why don't you call into Edward's radio show and tell them how stupid they are for not playing Fox over Bell. I'm sure they'd appreciate your insight. :rolleyes:

This Chiefs defense is playing better right now than in any season since 1997. How fans can think they know what's best for the defense compared to THIS particular defensive coaching staff is beyone me.

Fire Me Boy!
10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Jack Harry reported last night the Chiefs are trying to work out a trade for Davis. FWIW

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 10:05 AM
At 6-6 360 pounds, he will at least put a mass out there to run around and he WON'T get bull-rushed like Turley.

I'm interested.

wolfpack0735
10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
if we can get him cheap,why not? still could use receiver bad but it all starts up front.

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 10:08 AM
For a 5th or Sims I would take him.

HC_Chief
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Davis and MacFarland would do wonders for this team. Our two greatest needs are at tackle... on both sides of the ball. (followed closely by WR)

Brock
10-17-2006, 10:21 AM
why would they trade him? what's the deal with this guy?

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
He's not a natural left tackle. He should have stayed at guard, where he was drafted if I am correct.

I guess he would be a nice solution at left tackle for the rest of the season. Then maybe next year we could move him to right guard and draft a real left tackle. He would help the running game this year.

morphius
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Jack Harry reported last night the Chiefs are trying to work out a trade for Davis. FWIW
They mentioned it on FOX this morning as well.

HC_Chief
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
why would they trade him? what's the deal with this guy?

He and Denny Green are having a spat. Green can be an obstinant, spiteful prick.

Logical
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
He was good as a guard, not so good as a LT (I believe it is mental thing). If he did not work out at LT we could move him back to guard to replace Shields who is falling off rapidly.

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Well this is unsettling. According to Stats, Inc he's already allowed 5.5 sacks this year. Same number as Jordan Black.

Fire Me Boy!
10-17-2006, 10:41 AM
They mentioned it on FOX this morning as well.
Well, I don't watch Fox, so I wouldn't know... and NBC had it LAST NIGHT... that's before this morning.

:p

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
What time is the deadline?

morphius
10-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Well, I don't watch Fox, so I wouldn't know... and NBC had it LAST NIGHT... that's before this morning.

:p
Yes, but it is a comfirmation of what you were saying last night, and Harry needs comfirmation because he is an asshat.

Adept Havelock
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Why not. Hell, send a fifth or sixth and Hicks, Sims, or Black for him.

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
What time is the deadline?

4 PM EST

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
4 PM EST

Yeah, since most of are in the EST. :rolleyes: 3 PM.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I still think we should pull the trigger and trade for Davis. He looked pretty good in the two games I've seen him play in this year, not perfect, but alot better than Jordan Black. Davis is mammoth and with the right coaching he could become dominate.

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, since most of are in the EST. :rolleyes: 3 PM.

1 PM PST

Easy 6
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I watched him mash a few bears pretty good last night....................

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
1 PM PST

What about those Chiefs fans in Thailand? What time will it be there?

JBucc
10-17-2006, 11:02 AM
If we get him and get Welbourne back and possibley Turley our O-line would have some pretty good depth. Do it Carl you POS!

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 11:03 AM
What about those Chiefs fans in Thailand? What time will it be there?

4 AM I think.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Per the AZ Republic:
"The second overall pick in the 2001 draft, Davis is in the last year of a contract that is paying him $9.16 million this season. Any team interested in trading for him would want to sign him to a long-term deal, and Davis' agent, Ryan Tollner, said he has heard nothing about a possible trade. "

He's overpriced and isn't that good of a tackle. The team isn't a Leonard Davis away from being a Super Bowl contender. IMO, it would be a horrid knee jerk move that wouldn't be cost effective, talent effective and you'd lose a draft pick. No thanks.

JBucc
10-17-2006, 11:13 AM
9 million? Fug that then.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Per the AZ Republic:
"The second overall pick in the 2001 draft, Davis is in the last year of a contract that is paying him $9.16 million this season. Any team interested in trading for him would want to sign him to a long-term deal, and Davis' agent, Ryan Tollner, said he has heard nothing about a possible trade. "

He's overpriced and isn't that good of a tackle. The team isn't a Leonard Davis away from being a Super Bowl contender. IMO, it would be a horrid knee jerk move that wouldn't be cost effective, talent effective and you'd lose a draft pick. No thanks.We can't keep lining Jordan Black up at the position. He's heartless and weak. BTW, it would be interesting to see how much of that is BASE salary. The Cards eat the signing bonus portion if he's traded. The price tag does seem steep, but again, his contract would be REWORKED BEFORE being traded.

AustinChief
10-17-2006, 11:23 AM
We REALLY need to get this done... He is no Willie Roaf, but was a BEAST at LT through college and could really shine with our line.

Davis, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, Turley

and then next year...

Davis, Waters, Wiegmann, Black, Svitek

Our offense REALLY only needs a dominant LT and a healthy Green to get back on track.

I will bet that Davis could be a great LT if he had support from the rest of the line... hard to judge him for his play in Arizona.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 11:25 AM
We can't keep lining Jordan Black up at the position. He's heartless and weak. BTW, it would be interesting to see how much of that is BASE salary. The Cards eat the signing bonus portion if he's traded. The price tag does seem steep, but again, his contract would be REWORKED BEFORE being traded.

Logistically a trade seems very unlikely. Free agents and their agents tend to think that their clients are worth a lot. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't - the only way to know for sure is to hit the open market. By accepting a trade and a new deal Davis would be foregoing the free market. To do so, IMO, would require the Chiefs to overpay. Why would he want to go to KC if he thinks he can get some more money (in addition to his 9.12 MIL this year) as a free agent? It would have to be a really nice offer, one that wouldn't make him second guess the signing.

Plus, he's not very good. Saying he is better than Jordan Black is like saying Sims is better than Sivaii. So what.

Build a good line through the draft, not by a band-aid like Davis.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Logistically a trade seems very unlikely. Free agents and their agents tend to think that their clients are worth a lot. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't - the only way to know for sure is to hit the open market. By accepting a trade and a new deal Davis would be foregoing the free market. To do so, IMO, would require the Chiefs to overpay. Why would he want to go to KC if he thinks he can get some more money (in addition to his 9.12 MIL this year) as a free agent? It would have to be a really nice offer, one that wouldn't make him second guess the signing.

Plus, he's not very good. Saying he is better than Jordan Black is like saying Sims is better than Sivaii. So what.

Build a good line through the draft, not by a band-aid like Davis.If he's making $9 million(which I don't know if that's accurate or not)this year, that OBVIOUSLY means it was a heavily back-loaded contract, he DIDN'T make that much annually-just this year. Nobody is going to pay $9 million per year, every year.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
i'm fine with trying to get him as long as it's a player(s) we trade and not a draft pick.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 11:56 AM
i'm fine with trying to get him as long as it's a player(s) we trade and not a draft pick.
Eric Hicks and Jordan Black meet your new coach, Denny Green.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
If he's making $9 million(which I don't know if that's accurate or not)this year, that OBVIOUSLY means it was a heavily back-loaded contract, he DIDN'T make that much annually-just this year. Nobody is going to pay $9 million per year, every year.

I understand he doesn't make 9 mil a year every year. This is Davis' big contract. Your rookie contract you usually get a nice signing bonus followed by small per year base salaries. The second contract is the pay-day contract because by the time the third one comes around you are 30+ years old and your value goes down. This is the time Davis is looking for the cash cow. It'll take a lot of money to sign him, even if it is signing bonus money that can be spread out. And, he's not a good tackle. He's given up the same number of sacks as Black.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I understand he doesn't make 9 mil a year every year. This is Davis' big contract. Your rookie contract you usually get a nice signing bonus followed by small per year base salaries. The second contract is the pay-day contract because by the time the third one comes around you are 30+ years old and your value goes down. This is the time Davis is looking for the cash cow. It'll take a lot of money to sign him, even if it is signing bonus money that can be spread out. And, he's not a good tackle. He's given up the same number of sacks as Black.
Black hasn't started EVERY game, like Davis has. Turley started a couple of games for us-see the difference? Davis also doesn't have Brian Waters next to him, like he would here.

Hog Farmer
10-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I would give them an 8th round pick or both 9th rounders !

Frankie
10-17-2006, 12:38 PM
If we get him and get Welbourne back and possibley Turley our O-line would have some pretty good depth. Do it Carl you POS!
Maybe we can turn Turley into a blocking fullback! :hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Getting Davis would allow us to focus our first round pick on WR or DT.

Frankie
10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Build a good line through the draft, not by a band-aid like Davis.
Two words: Roaf, Waters.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Two words: Roaf, Waters.

Three words: Weigmann, Roaf, Waters

Frankie
10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Three words: Weigmann, Roaf, Waters
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Frankie
10-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe we can turn Turley into a blocking fullback! :hmmm:
Actually this was a toungue-in-cheek post. But hey, worth a try? :hmmm:

AustinChief
10-17-2006, 01:05 PM
btw.. on a side note... Davis is *slightly* bigger than Big Willie.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Getting Davis would allow us to focus our first round pick on WR or DT.

Uggh. That's the completely wrong approach. Davis doens't solve anything, unless you want to try him at RG to replace Shields. He sucks as a starting LT. He was a great college player, who never developed. He's the Ryan Sims of left offensive tackles. The Cardinals had one of the worst, if not THE worst, offensive lines last year. If he can't earn a spot with them, why in the world does anyone think he'd be good in KC?

WR and DT are two of the riskiest round 1 draft spots. Use free agency for a WR or DT and draft a LOT.

Frankie
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
WR and DT are two of the riskiest round 1 draft spots. Use free agency for a WR or DT and draft a LOT.
Absolutely.

JBucc
10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Get Davis and draft an LT anyway. Let Davis be our RG for next year. And even if we don't trade for him we can try to sign him in the offseason.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Uggh. That's the completely wrong approach. Davis doens't solve anything, unless you want to try him at RG to replace Shields. He sucks as a starting LT. He was a great college player, who never developed. He's the Ryan Sims of left offensive tackles. The Cardinals had one of the worst, if not THE worst, offensive lines last year. If he can't earn a spot with them, why in the world does anyone think he'd be good in KC?

WR and DT are two of the riskiest round 1 draft spots. Use free agency for a WR or DT and draft a LOT.Where do you get that he sucks as a LT? He doesn't. He's isn't the best LT in the game, but he has skills. Also, why didn't you answer me about Jordan Black giving up the same amount of sacks in HALF the time? I believe that's a very relative point and one that is being ignored.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Where do you get that he sucks as a LT? He doesn't. He's isn't the best LT in the game, but he has skills. Also, why didn't you answer me about Jordan Black giving up the same amount of sacks in HALF the time? I believe that's a very relative point and one that is being ignored.

If he's a good LT why don't the Cards want him? Do teams typically give up good LT's or let them walk away, or appear to be willing to trade them for 7th round draft picks? Would a team with one of the worst OL's the last several seasons give up on their LOT if they thought he was any good?

From GoChiefs post #54 - "Well this is unsettling. According to Stats, Inc he's already allowed 5.5 sacks this year. Same number as Jordan Black.

Just because he might be better than Black doesn't mean Davis is good. McLeon was better than Bartee, but it doesn't mean I want either of them starting at corner.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 01:50 PM
If he's a good LT why don't the Cards want him? Do teams typically give up good LT's or let them walk away, or appear to be willing to trade them for 7th round draft picks? Would a team with one of the worst OL's the last several seasons give up on their LOT if they thought he was any good?

From GoChiefs post #54 - "Well this is unsettling. According to Stats, Inc he's already allowed 5.5 sacks this year. Same number as Jordan Black.

Just because he might be better than Black doesn't mean Davis is good. McLeon was better than Bartee, but it doesn't mean I want either of them starting at corner.
Because he's in Denny's doghouse.
Did the Saints give up Willie Roaf? Yes, they did- a PRO BOWL LT was traded to us, how'd that work out?

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree, get him and get him now. Did you see Denny Green's press confernce? That guy is so pissed he'd probably trade the entire team right now for a lifetime pass to Hometown Buffet.
Just get him and stash him if you have to, we're gonna need him next year for sure.

TrickyNicky
10-17-2006, 02:50 PM
10 min approximately left. So which is it King Carl.

Deal? Or no Deal?

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I agree, get him and get him now. Did you see Denny Green's press confernce? That guy is so pissed he'd probably trade the entire team right now for a lifetime pass to Hometown Buffet.
Just get him and stash him if you have to, we're gonna need him next year for sure.

Good point. I wonder if they would consider our 2nd rounder for Davis and Linehart?:)

AustinChief
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
ouch... not looking good with 5 minutes to go

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2006, 02:57 PM
A deal may already be done...they don't announce these things immediately.

Frankie
10-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Get Davis and draft an LT anyway. Let Davis be our RG for next year. And even if we don't trade for him we can try to sign him in the offseason.
That's exactly my opinion as well.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
While he's at it trade us anquan boldin and larry fitzgerald they dont need em.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I hope we land him, he's a better LT, than some are making him out to be and he's an IMPROVEMENT over Jordan Black. He's also a quality person off the field and just needs a fresh start.

Chief Nute
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Yea, hell, lets get him.......if he doesnt work out, we could just chalk it up to the equivalent of another failed draft pick. It's not like we havent done that many times before........

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I hope we get an announcement soon.

ct
10-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow, fellas. All this interest in the LT for an O-Line punching holes for their RB at a 2.7 clip, rather than our own bums leading our RB at a 3.4 clip?

Brock
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Wow, fellas. All this interest in the LT for an O-Line punching holes for their RB at a 2.7 clip, rather than our own bums leading our RB at a 3.4 clip?

Yep. I don't really see much to get excited about here.

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Yep. I don't really see much to get excited about here.

I'm looking at this as if KC does obtain L. Davis he would be the one who replaces Shields next year

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm looking at this as if KC does obtain L. Davis he would be the one who replaces Shields next year

I doubt Davis would accept guard money now and forego the possibility that someone would overpay hi.m as a free agent to play tackle. Al Davis will need OL help.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
LT is a swinging door right now. Leonard Davis IS better than Jordan Black whether some can admit that or not.

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I guess, it didn't fall through

the Talking Can
10-17-2006, 09:28 PM
he sucks

which means he'd be a huge improvement....

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2006, 10:32 PM
he sucks

which means he'd be a huge improvement....

at tackle yes, but at guard he would have been a pretty good backup/replacement. It doesn't matter now, because the deal never happened.

dj56dt58
10-18-2006, 12:08 AM
haha..Carl making a move at the trade deadline to actually help our team.. ROFL

:banghead: :cuss: