PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new car : Which color ?

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I thinking of getting a end of the year clearance, 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, extended cab . I am down to the color on 2 of them, both are identical alike except the color, I like both of them,white or black . Both are sharp with the same package and interior on the vehicle.

Which say you ? The Planet could help me decide .

FTR, The white shows off my magnetic Chiefs Hemets a little bit better. :kc: :)

Ari Chi3fs
10-15-2006, 01:12 PM
apricot or peach are big winners.

SPchief
10-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Apricot. Duh

Fairplay
10-15-2006, 01:13 PM
If you vote white it means you are prejudice.

ChiefsCountry
I think black looks sharp on SUVs.

SPchief
Gawd damnit ARI :cuss:

Baconeater
10-15-2006, 01:24 PM
White.

Black is too hard to keep clean and it absorbs more heat in the summertime. We used to have an Accord that was painted an extremely dark green (that was practically black) and it had a black dashboard, the damn thing was always hot in the summer, even with the A/C on.

recxjake
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
black

JBucc
10-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Green

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 01:28 PM
White.

Black is too hard to keep clean and it absorbs more heat in the summertime. We used to have an Accord that was painted an extremely dark green (that was practically black) and it had a black dashboard, the damn thing was always hot in the summer, even with the A/C on.

I agree, I have owned a black vehicle before, but the tinted glass cuts down on the heat in the interior now.

burt
10-15-2006, 01:41 PM
White.

I am with bug on this one.....

burt
10-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Where are you buying it?

NJ Chief Fan
10-15-2006, 01:57 PM
brown spray paint

Bowser
10-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Primer grey.

Frazod
10-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Both options suck. Find a red one. :thumb:

Munson
10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'd go with white. Although black looks good, its a pain in the ass to keep clean.

stevieray
10-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Primer grey.

with clear coat.

Ultra Peanut
10-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Another vote for apricot.

Lzen
10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
White blows. Go with the black one.

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn, can't you guys help me decide, this poll is about as even as my decision is........ :shake:

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I think we have four write-in votes so far for apricot. You should be considering it.

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I think we have four write-in votes so far for apricot. You should be considering it.

We did, it lost !

dollar1
10-15-2006, 08:30 PM
So you are going to base your decision on buying a $30k + vehicle due to the color??

Come on, you sound like my wife :)

2 years ago, she/we/she bought a Trailblazer. It was going to be for her use and the kids. I didn't even go to the dealership. The only thing I said, "What ever, just get the bigger engine".

'Course she shows up with the car....with the smaller engine. She said she liked the color (very dark grey=black). I laughed my ass off on our next canoe trip pulling a trailer ~2k lbs and the squirells inside were having to sprint up any kind of incline.

Seriously, what are the differences between the two (differential, interior packages, engines, OnStar, trailering package etc) and what do you want the vehicle to do. Primary and secondary purposes...etc

Ours, 4 wd, 3rd row seat, kid mobile, gas mileage, towing. After some research, the 4.2l straight 6 (the smaller engine) turns out won a number of awards. Going of memory here, but pumps out 280 hp with 275 flbs of torqc. Pretty impressive for a straight 6. And the gas mileage is better. Thus, in the end I was wrong, since we only tow 2x/year and 365 days are concerned about mileage.

As to color, if you want my opinion :shake:

We live in a dusty, out in the country area. Black sure looks cool but shows every speck of dust. White, might be better, not sure, never had a white car. A rust/copper brown would probably be the best choice for us.

In the end, we enjoy the vechicle and would recommend it. As long as you can get past the sound of those pesky squirells running around in the engine compartment.

BTW, I point I saw during my research. Go look at a comparable vehicles and see what class trailer hitch comes standard. On the Trail blazer it is a class 2. The Ford is class 1. This indicates what the company thinks of the cars suspension, ridgidness of frame, and power to pull stuff.

PM me if you would like any other info...pretty much gave you everything I know, thou

~Crawilin back under rock posting at home from whomever I am~

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I have already done my research, I'm sold on the Trailblazer. We are down to choosing the color, that's it, nothing else is different. Even the interior is the same.......

The wife doesn't care for the white, I do. But I like the black as well but knowing about dirt and dust on a black vehicle.

I've been told that all vehicles look dirty when they have dirt on them ....... why is that ? :rolleyes:

Ugly Duck
10-15-2006, 11:49 PM
White..... it reflects UV & makes the paint last longer. Keeps the interior way cooler cuz the metal don't heat up like them black'ns....

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Silver

Logical
10-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Just a reminder Black is a heat absorber and white a heat reflector. Seems like this should make your decision pretty easy.

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 01:24 AM
I'd go with white. Although at your advanced age I doubt if your eyesight is keen enough to discern if your vehicle is dirty, black or white. :p One thing is for sure though, if you jack around long enough someone will buy one of them and make the decision for you.

RedandGold
10-16-2006, 06:54 AM
I have already done my research, I'm sold on the Trailblazer. We are down to choosing the color, that's it, nothing else is different. Even the interior is the same.......

The wife doesn't care for the white, I do. But I like the black as well but knowing about dirt and dust on a black vehicle.

I've been told that all vehicles look dirty when they have dirt on them ....... why is that ? :rolleyes:

As an owner of a TrailBlazer, I can say that the best option is to not buy a TrailBlazer. HORRIBLE reliability, piss poor gas mileage, and it depreciates so fast that you can't afford to get rid of it once you buy it.

In terms of research, you really don't have to go any farther than Consumer Reports. It gets bad marks for a reason.

However, if you're still stuck on getting one, get it in black and tint the windows. You'll have a sharp looking POS like the one that I got suckered into buying for my wife.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 07:00 AM
I bought a new black car, the one before my current one. There is nothing prettier than a freshly washed black car. There is nothing uglier than a black car washed yesterday.

Bill Parcells
10-16-2006, 07:04 AM
I bought a new black car, the one before my current one. There is nothing prettier than a freshly washed black car. There is nothing uglier than a black car washed yesterday.
Yes!!!

I hated black!!!It was either clean or dirty..

I would go with blue or silver..they both just look a different tint of those colors when dirty..

I hate white and black..

StcChief
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
white.
Black cars are hotter in summer,
ask your insurance man, black cars are harder to see at nite.

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Heck, 32 votes and we are all locked up......

FTR, I am leaning on the white one.

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
As an owner of a TrailBlazer, I can say that the best option is to not buy a TrailBlazer. HORRIBLE reliability, piss poor gas mileage, and it depreciates so fast that you can't afford to get rid of it once you buy it.

In terms of research, you really don't have to go any farther than Consumer Reports. It gets bad marks for a reason.

However, if you're still stuck on getting one, get it in black and tint the windows. You'll have a sharp looking POS like the one that I got suckered into buying for my wife.

What year is your Trailblazer ? What problems have you had ?

burt
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
What year is your Trailblazer ? What problems have you had ?

Where are you purchasing?

Dartgod
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
My wife bought a black car three years ago and we both agree that we will never own another black vehicle. As others have mentioned, it shows dirt much worse than white and absorbs heat during the summer.

Go with white.

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Where are you purchasing?

From a local Chevy dealership here.........

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 11:14 AM
My wife bought a black car three years ago and we both agree that we will never own another black vehicle. As others have mentioned, it shows dirt much worse than white and absorbs heat during the summer.

Go with white.

My pickup is black, I was leaning on the white anyways.

burt
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
From a local Chevy dealership here.........

Sorry, but I don't know where "Here" is?

Phobia
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
He's about 600 miles from KC.