PDA

View Full Version : Maybe next year!

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Bob Dole might as well go ahead and spend $100 and have it tattooed on his ****ing arm (right below a KC arrowhead logo).

Three cheers for 2007!

Hip, hip!

morphius
10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking that makes sense.

Bowser
10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
We've been saying that for what, 36 years now?

Pathetic. We are the Cubs fans of the NFL.

morphius
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Pathetic. We are the Cubs fans of the NFL.
Yes, sadly we are.

DMAC
10-15-2006, 05:37 PM
This is honestly the first year I did not say that.

They are finally living up to my expectations!

FAX
10-15-2006, 05:37 PM
It seems like we're always "righting the ship".

I think our captain may suck.

FAX

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Hip, hip!

Whore-ay!

I think we need to draft as follows, all else being equal.

1. LT
2. WR
3. RT
4. WR
5. LT
6. DT
7. DT

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 05:39 PM
We're an aging team with a poor coaching staff, and a GM who doesn't draft well. Usually, I am optimistic. No more. There's going to be some bad down years to come.

When DV and AS left, I worried that the only part of the organization that was worth a crap was gone -- that the front office and defensive coaching staff were jokes. I am more convinced of that now.

Claynus
10-15-2006, 05:40 PM
You folks need a dose of reality. This was the second game of a two-game road trip. We were supposed to lose this game.

We'll be 4-3 in two weeks. WRITE IT DOWN!

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM

Which is why Bob Dole is considering making it official and getting a tattoo.

Jesus Christ in a chicken basket... Why couldn't Bob Dole have been born somewhere else?

morphius
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
DMAC - I expected some big growing pains this year, new HC, learning OC and the loss of Roaf and TRich all lowered my expectations.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
You folks need a dose of reality. This was the second game of a two-game road trip. We were supposed to lose this game.

Yeah, just like someone getting raped is just one additional sexual partner...

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 05:45 PM

We were supposed to lose. We weren't supposed to be humiliated.

And you need a dose of reality... Some of us have been living this shit for longer than you have been alive.

Donger
10-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Okay.

Aren't you the one who predicted a Chiefs' win?

morphius
10-15-2006, 05:49 PM
The Annual Maybe Next Year Chiefs Fan Tour...

Yeah team

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 05:49 PM

Scoring differential is a predictor of future success or lack thereof. We got dominated. Good teams don't get dominated like we did. We are a terrible football team.

FAX
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I wonder if Mr. Rain Man could do some research and establish the average life span of Chiefs fans vs other teams' fans.

It may well be that, by requiring us to look forward to next year ... each year ... every year ... year after year ... for years on end ... our f*cked up team helps us live longer.

FAX

Claynus
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Good teams don't get dominated like we did.

2003 NE Patriots.

tk13
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm more interested in seeing what we do next week. I think that'll be the barometer. How we bounce back from this. We just looked totally lethargic today, I think going from one end of the country to the other might have worn us down a bit. That's not an excuse, because that's about as embarrassing of a loss as I can remember, and that shouldn't happen. But hopefully we at least come out and look like we're not dragging in the mud next week.

Donger
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I think going from one end of the country to the other might have worn us down a bit.

As someone who flies across country almost every week, I doubt that analysis. Besides, last I checked, KC is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country.

morphius
10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
As someone who flies across country almost every week, I doubt that analysis. Besides, last I checked, KC is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country.
Yet teams seem to lose the second round game in a row a lot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
2003 NE Patriots.

That's a statisical anomaly

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow, i didnt expect the season to be over after the shallackin we got. Shit happens we'll bounce back, we got SD at home, this was a trap game in essence, we all knew pitt. was ready to come out and play and they showed it but the seasons over apparently...

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM
We were supposed to lose. We weren't supposed to be humiliated.

And you need a dose of reality... Some of us have been living this shit for longer than you have been alive.

Yur just old and cranky .........

Feeling the pain as well , this just sucks, that loss outside of the MNF meltdown is almost as bad as the post Hank Stram years.

the Talking Can
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
life's too short to watch a coach "play to lose"....****ing coward

I can't believe Herm is going to rebuild this team...we're ****ed.

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I wonder if Mr. Rain Man could do some research and establish the average life span of Chiefs fans vs other teams' fans.

It may well be that, by requiring us to look forward to next year ... each year ... every year ... year after year ... for years on end ... our f*cked up team helps us live longer.

FAX

Should I include or exclude the suicides?

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow, i didnt expect the season to be over after the shallackin we got. Shit happens we'll bounce back, we got SD at home, this was a trap game in essence, we all knew pitt. was ready to come out and play and they showed it but the seasons over apparently...

And we were either NOT ready to come out and play or were incapable of coming out to play.

The end result is the same either way. We had looked for bright spots and signs of hope in the previous 3 games. This abortion just erased any illusions we might have had.

Hiawatha
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM

I know that I'm new on this MB, but isn't the above statement a bit unrealistic? Don't we play the Chargers next Sunday? I've been disappointed every week, except against the 49'ers. I think we could get blasted next weekand be 2-4 very easily. I hate the Chargers with a passion....but they are better than us....IT SUCKS

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
We're an aging team with a poor coaching staff, and a GM who doesn't draft well. Usually, I am optimistic. No more. There's going to be some bad down years to come.

When DV and AS left, I worried that the only part of the organization that was worth a crap was gone -- that the front office and defensive coaching staff were jokes. I am more convinced of that now.

The GM drafts who the coaches want. DV is a large part of the reason this team has precious little young talent...

BucEyedPea
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
It seems like we're always "righting the ship".

I think our captain may suck.

FAX

Are you a Buc fan now.
For you it's "righting the canoe." :)

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
And we were either NOT ready to come out and play or were incapable of coming out to play.

The end result is the same either way. We had looked for bright spots and signs of hope in the previous 3 games. This abortion just erased any illusions we might have had.
I agree we need real help at the OLINE, just gotta hope they start playing better as a unit quick. LJ has had no chance to get going in any game this year. That has been a big thing, and the lack of throwing downfield. I think Huard can still throw downfield decently. We'll see what happens, but we all know everyones gonna be happy joy joy when we beat SD this coming week. I still think we got a good shot, but we need to get LJ going or it will be tough again. Every game has been tough cause LJ hasn't gotten started due to our line.

FAX
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Should I include or exclude the suicides?

I think they should be included, Mr. Rain Man.

I think you should also include executions carried out as a result of murders committed by fans following disappointing games and poor draft picks. I'm wondering if Chiefs fans wind up being pitiable, wrinkled, old losers who eventually just die of extreme bitterness.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
The Annual Maybe Next Year Chiefs Fan Tour...

Yeah team

That is what the Chiefsplanet weekend should be called. ROFL

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm wondering if Chiefs fans wind up being pitiable, wrinkled, old losers who eventually just die of extreme bitterness.

FAX

Stop talking about Bob Dole behind his back in front of his face.

Claynus
10-15-2006, 06:30 PM
4-3. Take it to the bank.

Rausch
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
That's a statisical anomaly

Unless you consider the Steelers getting dominated at home last year as well.

Oh, and the Niners getting dominated at Arrowhead in the 90's.

Oh, and the Packers getting dominated at Arrowhead in the 90's.

Oh, and the Bills getting beat 21-3 at Arrowhead when they went to a super bowl.

JBucc
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
4-3. Take it to the bank.Just stop predicting things you idiot.

ROYC75
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Bottomline is DL, it starts and ends there. Everybody wanted Surtain, then Knight and then Law. . High priced dollars spent for the same results is NEVER a good investment. Now to make that work, Gun has to sell out on the blitz to get pressure, easy pick'ns for an experence OC & QB.We do not have quick enough safties for a cover 2 D. We are still horrible with tackling, what has changed ? NOTHING !

Had we of gotten some quality DL pressure with those CB additions, maybe we be in better shape now.

Our D is what it is, suspect that got owned today.

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Bottomline is DL, it starts and ends there. Everybody wanted Surtain, then Knight and then Law. . High priced dollars spent for the same results is NEVER a good investment. Now to make that work, Gun has to sell out on the blitz to get pressure, easy pick'ns for an experence OC & QB.We do not have quick enough safties for a cover 2 D. We are still horrible with tackling, what has changed ? NOTHING !

Had we of gotten some quality DL pressure with those CB additions, maybe we be in better shape now.

Our D is what it is, suspect that got owned today.

You can't overhaul the whole thing in one offseason. 3 of the 4 starting linemen are new.

We already have the safeties we need, we can get a DT in the draft, along with some OL help.

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 07:05 PM
life's too short to watch a coach "play to lose"....****ing coward

I can't believe Herm is going to rebuild this team...we're ****ed.

Yeah, I gave him a break after the Denver. We actually did move the ball, had some bad luck, and it was Huard's first playing time in years...

But last week's and this week's play-calling was an abomination. Simply running up the middle and throwing three yard passes isn't going to work if the defense is playing 8 and 9 man fronts. Herm is so afraid of an interception or a sack. You'd think we'd have learned our lesson after the first half LAST week -- it wasn't until we loosened up the defense by throwing downfield a little did we move the ball. There is a reason NO TEAM in the NFL exclusively runs and throws 3-yard passes -- it doesn't work.

Herm-ball thus far has been like a caricature of Martyball. Yeah, you might beat the SFs, Arizonas, and Oaklands of the world, but the good teams that don't make mistakes and can move the ball will beat you seven or eight times out of ten.

Yeah, if we run the old offense with this line, they'll be interceptions and sacks, but at least it will open it up a little to let LJ run, and give us a chance at moving the ball. This is far worse than I had imagined. Again, I gave him a free ride for the Bronco game, but the play-calling the last two weeks has been just ****ing sickening. **** "no to lose" football is right.

Bob Dole
10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
We already have the safeties we need, we can get a DT in the draft, along with some OL help.

Stop bogarting that stuff, dude.

When was the last time we drafted a decent DT?

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Stop bogarting that stuff, dude.

When was the last time we drafted a decent DT?

When did we really try? The last time we drafted a decent DT was 1995 -- Tom Barndt wasn't bad for a 7th-rounder.

But the only times in the last 25 years that we spent first-day picks on a DT were under Vermeil.

Here's something to consider:

Herm was a scout here for 2 years. During that time, we drafted Tim Grunhard, Derrick Graham, Dave Szott, and Joe Valerio.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
When did we really try? .

Umm....2002 = Sims, Freeman

2004 = Siavii.....

We try, we just suck at it...

ChiefsCountry
10-15-2006, 07:30 PM
4-3 is very likely consdering how the Chiefs play at Arrowhead.