PDA

View Full Version : If Vermeil Was Coaching....

NaptownChief
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
We wouldn't have been blown out like this.....

I figured DV was owed that considering GoChiefs thread after last week.

ck_IN
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
DV is the reason we were blown out like this.

This is a shell of a team due to DV's complete inability to draft worth a crap. DV then compounded the problem by signing aging FA's and making them the center of his team. Then finally he instilled a whiny cry baby attitude among the players. These guys quit today after the 1st quarter and under DV that wouldn't have mattered. Hopefully Herm will roast these idiots.

At any rate if Herm is the guy it's going to take a few seasons to clean up the DV stain on this team. It's also going to take quite a bit of player turnover.

Basileus777
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM

This is a shell of a team due to DV's complete inability to draft worth a crap. DV then compounded the problem by signing aging FA's and making them the center of his team.

Vermeil was our GM? :shake:

NaptownChief
10-15-2006, 05:59 PM

This is a shell of a team due to DV's complete inability to draft worth a crap. DV then compounded the problem by signing aging FA's and making them the center of his team. Then finally he instilled a whiny cry baby attitude among the players. These guys quit today after the 1st quarter and under DV that wouldn't have mattered. Hopefully Herm will roast these idiots.

At any rate if Herm is the guy it's going to take a few seasons to clean up the DV stain on this team. It's also going to take quite a bit of player turnover.

Well DV certainly wasn't Bill Bellichick but he did leave Herm Average a 10-6 team. That isn't exactly like handing him the Raiders.

Douche Baggins
10-15-2006, 05:59 PM
If Vermeil was coaching we'd be 1-4.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM

Hilarious.

Reerun_KC
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
we might of scored alittle more than 7 points, but we still would of lost today.

NaptownChief
10-15-2006, 06:01 PM
we might of scored alittle more than 7 points.

You think...

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Well DV certainly wasn't Bill Bellichick but he did leave Herm Average a 10-6 team. That isn't exactly like handing him the Raiders.

Quit talking sense. You should be encouraging ck to expand on his thoughts so we could really hear some more blather.

These incoherent rants after we lose make me chuckle.

milkman
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
When Dick started crying, Cowher wouldn't have gone for it on 4th and goal.

That's why this team wouldn't have been blown out quite as bad.

BigRock
10-15-2006, 06:03 PM
If "Vermeil coaching" means "Trent, Roaf, T-Rich, etc. are playing", then I agree.

NaptownChief
10-15-2006, 06:07 PM
If "Vermeil coaching" means "Trent, Roaf, T-Rich, etc. are playing", then I agree.

Every team has turnover every year...You can play it the other way all the same....If DV had Ty Law, Tamba Hali, James Reed and a more seasoned Derrick Johnson he might have been 12-4 instead of 10-6...

It is what it is...

blueballs
10-15-2006, 06:09 PM
we've been saying
we need one more year out of this offense
for 3 years now

move on

tk13
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round.

Vermeil is gone, to blame today on him is stupid. Sorry, but it's ignorant, and stupid. He's gone. At least when we got physically dominated by the Giants last year on national TV, we fought back and only lost by 10. We never quit in that game. To be honest I don't think we really "quit" today, we just got physically dominated. Honestly we were probably dominated worse today than the Colts game in '03. Steelers could've scored 70 points on us today if they wanted, you aren't going to see physical domination much greater than that on an NFL field.

ck_IN
Ok WilliamTheIrish, here's your chance to prove me wrong. Please tell me what stars were drafted under DV. I'll spot you LJ even though he was drafted against Dick's wishes. I'll even spot you Allen and Mitchell. Now give me some others in the 5 years that DV drafted for us.

Also do you not think that the Chiefs have been one of the softest teams in the league in the last 5 or so years? LJ nearly got his head taken off last week and his teammates didn't appear to care. TP gets taken down by his hair today and the Steelers were ready to crack skulls. That's the difference.

Basileus777, this has been hashed and rehashed. I think it's pretty much a proven case that CP drafts the players his coaches want. There are a few exceptions but I think that's the rule. DV's drafts left this team a shell due to the lack of talent to fill in. If you think that CP is buying the groceries and dropping them on his coaches counter then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Spott
10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Wasn't it Dick's idea to pursue Kennison after he left Denver in the middle of the 2001 season?

NaptownChief
10-15-2006, 06:15 PM
I think it's pretty much a proven case that CP drafts the players his coaches want.

If that were truly the case DV and CP wouldn't have been at each others throats over LJ....

Look at all the drafts under CP regardless who was coach...They all look extremely similar and all pretty below average. Could just be a coincidence that all the coaches just happened to draft a like I supose....

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Vermeil was our GM? :shake:

The GM lets the coaches take who they want to take.

That's why we had Eric Downing, Snoop Minnis, Eddie Freeman, and the rest of those losers.

The ONE time the GM overruled Vermeil we got Larry Johnson. Vermeil wanted TYLER BRAYTON.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Also do you not think that the Chiefs have been one of the softest teams in the league in the last 5 or so years? LJ nearly got his head taken off last week and his teammates didn't appear to care. TP gets taken down by his hair today and the Steelers were ready to crack skulls. That's the difference.

What am I trying to prove? That we didn't defend somebody? Can you tell me when, during DV's stint in KC, when somebody on our squad took a cheapshot that should have been defended?

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
If that were truly the case DV and CP wouldn't have been at each others throats over LJ....

Look at all the drafts under CP regardless who was coach...They all look extremely similar and all pretty below average. Could just be a coincidence that all the coaches just happened to draft a like I supose....

You picked ONE draft pick out of 5 years...what is that 35-36 picks?

Seriously, the part of your post I highlighted in bold is an out-and-out lie. Everybody here can see the difference between picking Bernard Pollard and picking Julian Battle...

Guru
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Not another coach comparison thread. Jeez.

plbrdude
10-15-2006, 06:25 PM
what if.....

tk13
10-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Just for the record, since this team always quit under Vermeil, over the last 4 years this team lost 26 games. In those 26 games, we lost by 14 points or more only 4 times. Most of those losses were by one score or less.

And of those four losses, two were in Denver, the other two were in the last two weeks of the season against winning teams.

As far as I can tell, the last time the Chiefs lost by 2 touchdowns or more to a team with a losing record was 2000, Gunther's last game against 3-12 Atlanta.

Chiefnj
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
The GM lets the coaches take who they want to take.

That's why we had Eric Downing, Snoop Minnis, Eddie Freeman, and the rest of those losers.

The ONE time the GM overruled Vermeil we got Larry Johnson. Vermeil wanted TYLER BRAYTON.

Impossible. DV never wanted anything to do with the defense. He ignored the defense every year. In fact, I recently read he never spoke with them on the sidelines.

TrickyNicky
10-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Steelers could've scored 70 points on us today if they wanted, you aren't going to see physical domination much greater than that on an NFL field. Absolutely agree there. If Running up the score is going for it on fourth down at the 1 with pretty much nothing to lose, then we are lucky they didn't just keep letting Ben shred us. Not to mention their run blocking at the second level was just about as superb as it gets.

htismaqe
10-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Impossible. DV never wanted anything to do with the defense. He ignored the defense every year. In fact, I recently read he never spoke with them on the sidelines.

Anybody that thinks DV didn't CARE about the defense is being ignorant.

He obviously WANTED a good defense, all coaches do. But not all of them know how to get one.

CoMoChief
10-15-2006, 06:49 PM
If Vermeil was coaching we'd be 1-4.

I doubt that.

CoMoChief
10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
They should have ran the score up on us. After a performance like that these million-dollar players need to feel like shit. They went out today as if they already knew they were gonna lose this game. They played with no heart or fire. I was hoping PIT would run up the score to make us the laughing stock of the NFL and hopefully to light a fire or play with a chip on our shoulders.

TinyEvel
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
if DV was coaching, we'd probablt have lost 21-45

CoMoChief
10-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I wish we played like the last time we faced PIT.