PDA

View Full Version : I'll Say It Again ...SOLARI SUCKS!

petegz28
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I said it week one and here we are again...2 weeks in a row LJ couldn't even get 50 yards rushing.

Someone tell this doink 9 guys in the box = pass the ****ING BALL!!!!

Nope we will continue to run for gains of 1-2 yards everytime.

I hope this is his last season as OC.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Solari can't block worth shit!!!!!!!!!111111111one

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM
I think part of it goes to Herm as well. Solari is doing what Herm wants him to do, not take chances. Solari might be calling the plays, but herm is the one telling him do this not that. Because we dont stretch the field, our running game will go nowhere. You cant run when you hand the ball off and try to run into the heart of a stacked front.

Halfcan
10-15-2006, 08:30 PM
run run pass punt run run pass punt.

If LJ gets 1000 carries he might break 2k in yards.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I just wonder how long LJ can continue to take these beatings and keep getting up. They are going to get the man killed.

MadMax
10-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Solari can't block worth shit!!!!!!!!!111111111one

He also can't call a game WORTH A SHIT!!!! ROFL!!!! His idea of a pass play is the WR screen...Point taken though, our oline just downright sucks.............Blech, im just so sick of the same ol same ol :( I started to get down on LJ, but honestly I feel sorry for him :shake:

Adept Havelock
10-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Yep, Solari's blocking at the OT position is inexcusable.

Dark Horse
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
I think part of it goes to Herm as well. Solari is doing what Herm wants him to do, not take chances. Solari might be calling the plays, but herm is the one telling him do this not that. Because we dont stretch the field, our running game will go nowhere. You cant run when you hand the ball off and try to run into the heart of a stacked front.

I agree we need to stretch the field. At some point we should take some shots down the field to our wr's or otherwise why would their safties back off the los

Lonewolf Ed
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I said it week one and here we are again...2 weeks in a row LJ couldn't even get 50 yards rushing.

Someone tell this doink 9 guys in the box = pass the ****ING BALL!!!!

Nope we will continue to run for gains of 1-2 yards everytime.

I hope this is his last season as OC.

How do you think San Diego is going to play defense against the Chiefs next week? They are the best defense in the league right now. Unless KC adapts to the opposing team stacking the line, we may be looking at another sad Sunday coming up.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Remember people were comparing Herm to Cowher? There is no comparison. Cowher was the one taking chances. Herms team was the one standing around flat footed, afraid to take chances.

Adept Havelock
10-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Remember people were comparing Herm to Cowher? There is no comparison. Cowher was the one taking chances. Herms team was the one standing around flat footed, afraid to take chances.

And I'm certain that the vast difference in O-Line quality (especially at OT) and the fact we are using a back-up QB had nothing to do with that.

picasso
10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
You come with what brought cha!!
Isn't that how Herm says it? There ain't no frickin rainbow after this game.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM
And I'm certain that the vast difference in O-Line quality (especially at OT) and the fact we are using a back-up QB had nothing to do with that.

Way to make excuses. If you are going to win, you play the cards you are dealt. Herm plays not to lose, thats why he has a career record under .500. If you dont take chances, a defense wont respect you, and hes content with that. He was a terrible coach in NY, and now hes our problem.

picasso
10-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Question, how many times was Huard sacked to day? NONE!!
This was a game to take off the diapers and throw vertical.
This was a game to move Tamba from the outside and run him up the middle on a 350 lb tub of lard rookie.
This was a game you played cover 2 to the letter and you don't play your nickel backs like Walls half the game. Shit he got burned at Arizona.

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
The game-plan sucked, just like it did until the 4th quarter last week. All three yard passes and running is not going to get it done.

Now how much of this is Solari and how much of it is on orders from Herm, I don't know. My guess is Herm is to blame.

Ari Chi3fs
10-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Mike SolaRayeHackett.

morphius
10-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm so damn sick of the chiefs running with all of our people lined up in the middle of the field that I could just puke. Every damn week we see it, and every week LJ can't run. Get away from that linup now, running with 11 men in the box 7 times for a yard just to setup a short pass to a FB or a TE for 8 yards later in the game is not a great plan. It is just flippen terrible. On a lot of his pass plays the guys are getting open, but he is killing the run.

milkman
10-15-2006, 09:07 PM
The game-plan sucked, just like it did until the 4th quarter last week. All three yard passes and running is not going to get it done.

Now how much of this is Solari and how much of it is on orders from Herm, I don't know. My guess is Herm is to blame.

A lot of it is the fact that Huard simply can not stretch the field.
The game plan is limited by both the poruos O-Line and Huard's limitations.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2006, 09:13 PM

My thoughts exactly, and it's not even herm's fault. I blame Carl as he gets the good ole boy network some money to ride off into the sunset with at our expense. Bring Vermeil back PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAZE!!!!!!!!!!!

TrickyNicky
10-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the whole damn team's fault. Sorry but putting all the blame on Solari is rediculous. The playcalling, execution, adjustments, and just determination to win the game were terrible in all aspects of the team we fielded. Ultimately, the players have to execute, and the coaches have to make the adjustments. And that just didn't happen at all today.

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
A lot of it is the fact that Huard simply can not stretch the field.
The game plan is limited by both the poruos O-Line and Huard's limitations.

If Huard can't throw the ball more than five yards, he shouldn't be in the league. Teams may simplify things a little for the backup quarterback, but this offense is a joke.

petegz28
10-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I don't care if Huard is accurate or not. 9 and 10 guys in the box means you sling the ball down the field. I know Hrm is conservative but Solari calls the plays. And for some reason he keeps claling the same ones no matter how mnay times they don't work

milkman
10-15-2006, 09:42 PM
If Huard can't throw the ball more than five yards, he shouldn't be in the league. Teams may simplify things a little for the backup quarterback, but this offense is a joke.

5 yards is a bit of an exaggerration, but Huard is a dinker.

There have been a lot of succesful dinkers over the years.

But to succeed, they had WRs that could make plays.

The Chiefs don't have that.

FAX
10-15-2006, 09:44 PM
The last time Herm told Huard to "chuck it deep", he threw up his liver.

FAX

petegz28
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM

Joe Montana was a dinker.

suds79
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
As much as I want to be mad at the coaches, I can't.

Herm and company have simply been F-ed over this year.

Ways they've been F-ed over.

1 - Willie retiring just before training camp.
2 - Trent getting injured.
3 - Turley getting injured (see Jordan Black).

I don't care who is calling the plays. With this O-line, explosive plays just are not going to happen.

Its got nothing to do with the coaching IMO.

We'll just have to accept the fact that the O will pretty much stink this year and have to wait for the off-season for the Chiefs to get the best LT available when the draft comes around.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM

Rich Gannon was an MVP dinker.

milkman
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM

Yes he was, but he still could drop the ball on target 30 yards downfield consistently.

Huard can't do that.

FringeNC
10-15-2006, 09:53 PM

Also, the dink and dunk West Coast offense is dead. No teams run it anymore. Seattle probably comes the closet, and they throw down the field a lot more than the Huard/Herm Chiefs do.

milkman
10-15-2006, 09:54 PM

He's the guy that Huard most closely resembles.

However, aside from the fact that he had playmaking WRs,
He also had the ability to move out of the pocket and make plays consistently.

Huard doesn't.

doomy3
10-15-2006, 10:00 PM

ROFL :shake: The fact that you just mentioned Montana in the same thread that is talking about Huard is hysterical.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
He's the guy that Huard most closely resembles.

However, aside from the fact that he had playmaking WRs,
He also had the ability to move out of the pocket and make plays consistently.

Huard doesn't.

true......Gruden designed a beautiful offense around Gannon's limitations.

I dont think this coaching staff is good enough to design any sort of change in offensive scheme.

the Talking Can
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
one of the worst called games

ever

doomy3
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM

But at least he could throw a couple passes a game that didn't get batted at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't it seem like almost every one of Huard's passes gets tipped? What is the deal, is he telegraphing his passes that much that the DLine can just watch his eyes and raise their hands?

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 10:11 PM
But at least he could throw a couple passes a game that didn't get batted at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't it seem like almost every one of Huard's passes gets tipped? What is the deal, is he telegraphing his passes that much that the DLine can just watch his eyes and raise their hands?

dude is a career Journeyman backup. Are you surprised? Im not.

If anyone is to blame its the Chiefs for not making a better effort to develop a better backup QB the past few years.......ugh.....i could go on and on....

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
My thoughts exactly, and it's not even herm's fault. I blame Carl as he gets the good ole boy network some money to ride off into the sunset with at our expense. Bring Vermeil back PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAZE!!!!!!!!!!!Sweet - 2 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons and 1 500. WOW - lots of points and 1 post season appearance. That's success:rolleyes:

doomy3
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
dude is a career Journeyman backup. Are you surprised? Im not.

If anyone is to blame its the Chiefs for not making a better effort to develop a better backup QB the past few years.......ugh.....i could go on and on....

I completely agree, and in fact he has played much better as a whole than I expected, but the batted balls just bug me. I mean seriously, there are around 10 a game it seems like.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM
While I'm not defending Solari, I do feel that it is hard for any OC to call a game when his Stud RB that is supposed to be the next coming of Jim Brown couldn't run forward against a stiff breeze right now, his receivers couldn't catch a cold standing barefoot in a bucket of ice, and his O-Line is letting defenders through like a turnstyle at the ticket booth.

Solari has had his share of stupid calls so far this season, but at some point along the way, the players actually have to execute the calls he makes.

petegz28
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
While I'm not defending Solari, I do feel that it is hard for any OC to call a game when his Stud RB that is supposed to be the next coming of Jim Brown couldn't run forward against a stiff breeze right now, his receivers couldn't catch a cold standing barefoot in a bucket of ice, and his O-Line is letting defenders through like a turnstyle at the ticket booth.

Solari has had his share of stupid calls so far this season, but at some point along the way, the players actually have to execute the calls he makes.

Kind of hard to run when 9 guys are all in the backfiled. And knowing this Solari continues to call stupid plays.

If 8 or 9 guys are in the box let Parker and Kennison burn someone and just throw the ball down the field. Hell even if it's incomplete you start making a defense drop back and play it.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Kind of hard to run when 9 guys are all in the backfiled. And knowing this Solari continues to call stupid plays.

If 8 or 9 guys are in the box let Parker and Kennison burn someone and just throw the ball down the field. even if it's incomplete you start making a defense drop back and play it.

At the same time, with 8-9 guys in the box coming in, this O-line can't offer Huard enough time to wait on any WRs to get downfield.

Like I said, I'm not trying to defend Solari. I do agree with you, really, it's just there are a number of variables other than just the play-calling.

Personally, I think LJ needs benched. I am to the point that I don't think LJ could bust a 10 yard run with a 3 man front and the LBs and DBs in prevent 20 yards off the line. Put Dee Brown in - I seriously doubt he could do much worse than 26 total yards rushing. Let LJ sit on the bench for a game, then not start the next. Let him sit there and watch someone else for a while and think about how bad he wants to play.

As for Solari, he has the same problem as Al did. He tries to force his will instead of taking advantage of what the D gives him. The difference is Solari turns to the run and Al was pass-happy.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 11:21 PM
At the same time, with 8-9 guys in the box coming in, this O-line can't offer Huard enough time to wait on any WRs to get downfield.

Like I said, I'm not trying to defend Solari. I do agree with you, really, it's just there are a number of variables other than just the play-calling.

Personally, I think LJ needs benched. I am to the point that I don't think LJ could bust a 10 yard run with a 3 man front and the LBs and DBs in prevent 20 yards off the line. Put Dee Brown in - I seriously doubt he could do much worse than 26 total yards rushing. Let LJ sit on the bench for a game, then not start the next. Let him sit there and watch someone else for a while and think about how bad he wants to play.

As for Solari, he has the same problem as Al did. He tries to force his will instead of taking advantage of what the D gives him. The difference is Solari turns to the run and Al was pass-happy.

LJ needs to be benched? Ha thats a load of crap. You put a stud RB behind a line that cant block, and an offensive co that cant gameplan, and you want to bench him in favor of dee brown because he cant break 8 tackles to gain 4 yards? This jumbled mess of an offense isnt because of how bad LJ wants it. Its a conservative mess and teams know it, so they stack the front. For christ sake we were down it was either 21-0 or 28-0, i dont remember which posession specifically, but we came out and ran 3 inside handoffs and then punted. 3 straight runs. That is stupid. Jim Brown, nor Barry Sanders would be doing any better than LJ. You are not going to be successfull running the ball when you dink and dunk passes all day long.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Bench LJ????????

That is probably the craziest thing i've heard all day!

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Bench LJ????????

That is probably the craziest thing i've heard all day!

Yep. Blast away guys. But LJ is running content. He's trotting to the line instead of blasting through it. Without the anger and attitude LJ is average at best. Running like he has the last two games combined with the fumbles, I think LJ needs a wake up call.

We all thought DV was an idiot for the way he handled Larry. I'm beginning to think DV knew more about LJ than we did.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Yep. Blast away guys. But LJ is running content. He's trotting to the line instead of blasting through it. Without the anger and attitude LJ is average at best. Running like he has the last two games combined with the fumbles, I think LJ needs a wake up call.

We all thought DV was an idiot for the way he handled Larry. I'm beginning to think DV knew more about LJ than we did.

Im not sure about a benching...but he definately needs some sort of wake up call.

8-9 man fronts didnt slow down Walter Payton or Earl Campbell much.

LJ has no excuses....

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 11:36 PM

Running content? Do you know his thoughts or how he feels? Jesus do you expect him to run people over as hes taking the handoff? Is he supposed to run through a hole that isnt there? If you were in charge, not only would this idea not fix the problem, it would most likely aggravate the problem. Face it, LJ is running behind a crap line. The only one that is worth their weight is Brian Waters. Our tackles are crap, Weigmann isnt strong on the interior, and Shields shouldve retired after the dropoff he had last year.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 11:39 PM

I don't think LT or Rudi Johnson could do much behind the way this line is blocking lately. He can "Smash and Blast" his way right into our lineman and get nailed just the same. The offensive line isn't doing crap, period.

ChiefsCountry
10-15-2006, 11:43 PM
While the calling did suck, crap when you have a patch work offensive line and a journeyman backup QB with butter finger WR's and forced to keep your All-world TE to pass block, I dont know what I would do either.

MadMax
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM

I totally understand your concern, but it has to be a bitch to move forward with at least 2 defenders in the backfield at the snap :shake:

MadMax
10-15-2006, 11:47 PM
BTW I do agree he needs to just go full steam and fack the holes cause they wont be there

blueballs
10-15-2006, 11:49 PM
when Huard hit Black in the helmet with the ball
did you wonder if it was accidental

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't think LT or Rudi Johnson could do much behind the way this line is blocking lately. He can "Smash and Blast" his way right into our lineman and get nailed just the same. The offensive line isn't doing crap, period.

It's the same line Priest was running through several games last year. Oddly enough, LJ's stats in those games was similar to his stats in the last 2 weeks.

I think LJ has potential to be one of the best RBs ever. But to be in that group, he has got to find a way to produce irregardless of how many players are in the box or who is on the O-line.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 11:53 PM
It's the same line Priest was running through several games last year. Oddly enough, LJ's stats in those games was similar to his stats in the last 2 weeks.

I think LJ has potential to be one of the best RBs ever. But to be in that group, he has got to find a way to produce irregardless of how many players are in the box or who is on the O-line.
I, more than anyone am still waiting to see LJ get kickstarted in a game like he looked last year. Our line is pretty damn horrible....the play has diminished alot since last year, it's pretty clear. I think LJ would be running pretty decent in most these games if we had some blocking. I still think he may have to create his own runs but it's nearly impossible when the opposing team is eating up the pocket almost everytime and it's clear they have zero respect for our QB and passing game. Hell, Herm hasn't even given Huard a real chance with this ridiculous play calling.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Exactly....i mentioned earlier that Walter Payton and Earl Cambell always had lines stacked against them, yet still found a way to produce.

Its gut check time for LJ. How bad does he want it?

tk13
10-15-2006, 11:55 PM
I think DV knew what he was doing all along, he was way better with people than he gets credit for. He knew who to try and make feel better (guys like Hicks) and to kick in the butt (LJ). People confuse what he believed with what certain players needed to hear.

That said, LJ isn't getting much run blocking, but I also don't think he's making people miss nearly as much. There were a couple times today where he got brought down by arm or ankle type tackles that he would've run right through last year. I don't know why. He's still got the speed though, that was impressive catching Polamalu today, I was sure that was six points. He's just not breaking any tackles at all. I couldn't even begin to explain why. His ypc is down to 3.4 after today though.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:57 PM
At the same time, I remember last year it took 4-5 guys to put LJ on the ground. This year a swipe at the shoe strings and he's falling.

The way LJ was running at the end of last year would be having LBs thinking twice about filling gaps after a few hits.

blueballs
10-15-2006, 11:58 PM
the fumbles have got in his head

Lonewolf Ed
10-15-2006, 11:59 PM
when Huard hit Black in the helmet with the ball
did you wonder if it was accidental

No, but he should have thrown a bullet into Black's groin on the sideline afterwards.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Sweet - 2 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons and 1 500. WOW - lots of points and 1 post season appearance. That's success:rolleyes:

Out of everyone in the Good ole boy network Vermeil was the only one to win the big one, so yeah unless we can think outside the box i'll take vermeil.

blueballs
10-16-2006, 12:12 AM
the odds were against Vermeil taking a third
team to the Championship

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2006, 12:14 AM
the odds were against Vermeil taking a third
team to the Championship

I think it had more to do with the limitiations set on DV by the king himself. Only 3 more years until retirement.

blueballs
10-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Vermeil is gone and he stayed until the offense
was on it's last legs
spilt milk

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Vermeil is gone and he stayed until the offense
was on it's last legs
spilt milk

I'm not saying Vermeil should have stayed just that he was better than an almost marty. 3 yards and a cloud of dust should be a thing of the past, we need an innovator at the helm. All i'm saying is that i would have been a lot happier with an unknown than the known play not to lose style.

blueballs
10-16-2006, 12:22 AM
hopefully Herm learned something today
and Arrowhead will rain down on him if he didn't

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Miss DV/AS now!!!! :)

DaWolf
10-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Gunther's not much better...

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 09:10 AM
I really wish we would have brought Al Saunders and Vermeil back.

So that all you dipshits could SHUT THE **** UP WHEN THEY FAILED.

NOBODY is gonna win with this offensive line, NOBODY. And DV and Al Saunders drafted them.

Chiefnj
10-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I really wish we would have brought Al Saunders and Vermeil back.

So that all you dipshits could SHUT THE **** UP WHEN THEY FAILED.

NOBODY is gonna win with this offensive line, NOBODY. And DV and Al Saunders drafted them.

Solari didn't have input on the drafting of OL? Wasn't it Solari's job to develop them?

It's nice to see that DV and AS have replaced Marty on your most hated list.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Solari didn't have input on the drafting of OL? Wasn't it Solari's job to develop them?

I don't hate DV and AS, AT ALL.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing how, if they were still here, this team would be fine.

It wouldn't be and everybody here knows it.

greg63
10-16-2006, 09:30 AM

I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing how, if they were still here, this team would be fine.

The one common denominator throughout all of the Chiefs suckage, regardless of who the coach is, is King Carl.:cuss:

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 09:36 AM

ROFL

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
The one common denominator throughout all of the Chiefs suckage, regardless of who the coach is, is King Carl.:cuss:

Yep. Only 3 more short years.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
ROFL

Way to laugh at something that's already been addressed.

You're slow AND dumb.

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM

true words

Katie
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Didn't Herm say he was starting Black because he was trying to create consistency on the OL? Well, he's performing consistently BAD!

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Way to laugh at something that's already been addressed.

You're slow AND dumb.

ROFL

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
ROFL

Laughing at yourself isn't funny, it's pathetic.

Of course, everybody else here is already aware how pathetic you are, so I guess you acting like an ass isn't gonna hurt anything...

greg63
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Yep. Only 3 more short, miserable years.

Fixed yer post. :D