PDA

View Full Version : Dick, Larry, and the Herm

Knob
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Isn't it ironic how Larry hated Dick (diapers fiasco).......Yet Dick's offense helped Larry be a star. Vermeil offense spread defense's out, and Larry took advantage. Now Larry loves Herm (Your my starter statement) Makes whole offense a run type deal, and every team stack s 8 in the box. Larry is now mortal. Larry must sure miss coach Vermeil.

I would trade larry for a top pick in the 2007 draft and take a shot at a franchise QB.......Start rebuilding. Any thoughts?

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
I think that you are overreactiing a bit.....we don't have the dominating offensive line we've had in past years. That is the MAIN problem with the O and the conservative play calling and lack of respect for our backup QB.

Knob
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I think that you are overreactiing a bit.....we don't have the dominating offensive line we've had in past years. That is the MAIN problem with the O and the conservative play calling and lack of respect for our backup QB.

But don't you think by the time we fix O-line and wr's LJ's time might be long gone anyways.......Now he will get us a top draft pick and we can have a shot at a Manning type QB maybe?

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Trading LJ just adds another hole to the offense, we need to get help via FA and the draft for the OL and DL. Croyle is our QBOTF.

Knob
10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Trading LJ just adds another hole to the offense, we need to get help via FA and the draft for the OL and DL. Croyle is our QBOTF.

Bennett has looked good to me when playing in games....Fast as hell, just but not very healthy. I'd take him as my starter and take a pick for LJ, combined with are pick this year and then roll the dice on a QB in the top tier of college.

Look at Tom Brady and the Pats. A Stud QB will always keep you competitive, even when your team isn't that great. I want the chiefs to have a Stud QB.....Last one that was really ours was Len Dawson.(Montana was in the twilight)

Rain Man
10-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I think Rob has an interesting point. However, no one can run against the 12-man fronts we've been seeing.

Count Zarth
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
We need to trade Gonzalez. He's done.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
A good RB will take the pressure off of a QB. Even considering trading a franchise RB of LJs age for a top pick is assinine.

milkman
10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Bennett has looked good to me when playing in games....Fast as hell, just but not very healthy. I'd take him as my starter and take a pick for LJ, combined with are pick this year and then roll the dice on a QB in the top tier of college.

Look at Tom Brady and the Pats. A Stud QB will always keep you competitive, even when your team isn't that great. I want the chiefs to have a Stud QB.....Last one that was really ours was Len Dawson.(Montana was in the twilight)

Dawson wasn't a stud QB.

He was good QB on a damn good team.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM

So you'd take an unknown draft pick and an often-injured RB for Larry Johnson.

The problem with your flawed logic is you're assuming the QB the Chiefs would draft is going to be a stud.

Generally, first round QBs aren't.

Trading Larry Johnson isn't the answer to any problem.

B2chiefsfan
10-15-2006, 07:20 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149919

JBucc
10-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I know it's not the smart thing to do but this whole trading LJ for a first rounder thing intrigues me for some reason. Then we could get a couple OT's, maybe a QB and a WR, then in the 08 draft we could take Darren McFadden and he'd have a nice O-Line to run behind. Or we could just keep LJ.

NJ Chief Fan
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
my buddy Rob shut the **** up, stop speaking this rubbish, what the **** kind of bull shit is this trading LJ non sense?!?!?!?!?!?! we arent going to give up on the qb we just drafted when he hasnt even played in a game were he doesnt just take a kneel down! we need o-line help, and our original starting qb to come back SO SHUT THE **** UP you stupid fool

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 07:28 PM
attack attack attack lol

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 07:33 PM
my buddy Rob shut the **** up, stop speaking this rubbish, what the **** kind of bull shit is this trading LJ non sense?!?!?!?!?!?! we arent going to give up on the qb we just drafted when he hasnt even played in a game were he doesnt just take a kneel down! we need o-line help, and our original starting qb to come back SO SHUT THE **** UP you stupid fool
wow asshole much?? not like the dude was rippin lj and being a douch about it, go yell at the tv some more.

Knob
10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey we can sit pat and hope we make all the right moves like we have done for most of Peterson's era.....OR we can take a shot at a top college QB (Maybe end up with a Elway,Manning,Brady type...)

All I'm saying is that we need to do something different for a change. I'm tired of having good QB's. I want a young QB who teams have to say we better stop him..Or if there is 2:00 mins in the game the other team is still scared shitless.

Lets take a gamble, and see if it pays off. If it doesn't we end up having a fun draft day with all those picks! Sometimes you have to take risks. But that's just my opinion.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Well despite what you may think, no team is going to throw a bunch of picks at us for LJ. There wont be any Herschel Walker type deal. Before Priest we spent an entire decade looking for a RB that could be the guy. Im not about to condone going back to those days because we traded away a young pro bowl running back.

Iowanian
10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Its not LJ...the Oline is effing terrible.

We knew the OTs sucked, but weigeman has been aweful this year too.....and Shields, bless his soul, hasn't been driving anyone off the ball either.

I'm in the Trade 88 for draft picks to rebuild the lines camp.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Shields was a shell of his former self last year. I was chastised for saying it at the time, but I felt that Shields didnt deserve the pro bowl last year. I cant handle watching I65 in there, my god he sucks. Weigmann is a small mobile center, blocking straight ahead is not his strength, but Herm and Solari seem content with trying to fun trap plays and off tackle all day.

Knob
10-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Well despite what you may think, no team is going to throw a bunch of picks at us for LJ. There wont be any Herschel Walker type deal. Before Priest we spent an entire decade looking for a RB that could be the guy. Im not about to condone going back to those days because we traded away a young pro bowl running back.

I do wonder what Larry is worth at this time. I think some team would give us a top pick for a proven RB. We would be taking the big risk. (Hoping for the QB to be a star) With a stud QB a average RB will look better. Just look at the Colts.

Any thoughts on what Larry's stock is worth guys? I think we could get a first round top 7 pick at least.

Knob
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Its not LJ...the Oline is effing terrible.

We knew the OTs sucked, but weigeman has been aweful this year too.....and Shields, bless his soul, hasn't been driving anyone off the ball either.

I'm in the Trade 88 for draft picks to rebuild the lines camp.

Wonder what 88 could get us, as in a pick....Maybe with Hall in a packaged deal we could do some serious upgrades for the line.

Rising Sun
10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
We could get a top 5 pick out of him yes, but you dont gamble on a top 5 pick when you are giving away a proven commodity.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Wonder what 88 could get us, as in a pick....Maybe with Hall in a packaged deal we could do some serious upgrades for the line.

Think again.

No one is giving up a top LT for a 30-something TE and a return man.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
You guys think Kris Wilson can be a decent TE for us??! I think trading TG for picks wouldn't be a bad idea, since we don't use him anyway or he can't get open. Get off the trading LJ thing Rob, not a smart move.

milkman
10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey we can sit pat and hope we make all the right moves like we have done for most of Peterson's era.....OR we can take a shot at a top college QB (Maybe end up with a Elway,Manning,Brady type...)

All I'm saying is that we need to do something different for a change. I'm tired of having good QB's. I want a young QB who teams have to say we better stop him..Or if there is 2:00 mins in the game the other team is still scared shitless.

Lets take a gamble, and see if it pays off. If it doesn't we end up having a fun draft day with all those picks! Sometimes you have to take risks. But that's just my opinion.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

You do realize that the draft is a crap shoot, don't you?

You do realize that Brady was a 6th round pick, don't you?

You do realize that Ryan Leaf was the second overall pick in the same draft that Manning was the first overall?

You do realize that the only "stud" QB the Chiefs have ever had, Lenny Dawson was essentially an NFL bust before he signed as a street FA ith the AFL Chiefs. don't you?

You do realize that if we had made all the right moves for most of the Peterson era that we might have won a playoff game since '93, don't you?
And that we might have made the playoffs more than once since '97, don't you?
And that we might have made the playoffs more than 7 times in his 17, going on 18 years, don't you?
And that we might have won more than 3 playoff games is those 17 years?

Get ****in' real, dumbass.

Knob
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

You do realize that the draft is a crap shoot, don't you?

You do realize that Brady was a 6th round pick, don't you?

You do realize that Ryan Leaf was the second overall pick in the same draft that Manning was the first overall?

You do realize that the only "stud" QB the Chiefs have ever had, Lenny Dawson was essentially an NFL bust before he signed as a street FA ith the AFL Chiefs. don't you?

You do realize that if we had made all the right moves for most of the Peterson era that we might have won a playoff game since '93, don't you?
And that we might have made the playoffs more than once since '97, don't you?
And that we might have made the playoffs more than 7 times in his 17, going on 18 years, don't you?
And that we might have won more than 3 playoff games is those 17 years?

Get ****in' real, dumbass.

I do know that its a crapshoot. I'd take that chance, why not if it pays off you'll be my best friend and sing in the streets about how I pulled it off. Of course if I'm wrong you will just say I'm a dumbass and complain as usual. Life is all about risks. You win and loose. I'd take the shot on a top QB. What would you do with the chiefs since you seem to be so critical of my posts? Sounds like you are an avid supporter of Herman :rolleyes:

milkman
10-15-2006, 08:16 PM
I do know that its a crapshoot. I'd take that chance, why not if it pays off you'll be my best friend and sing in the streets about how I pulled it off. Of course if I'm wrong you will just say I'm a dumbass and complain as usual. Life is all about risks. You win and loose. I'd take the shot on a top QB. What would you do with the chiefs since you seem to be so critical of my posts? Sounds like you are an avid supporter of Herman :rolleyes:

You and Hermie can suck my ass, dumbass.

First, I wouldn't trade LJ.
I'd trade that high draft pick we are setting ourselves up for, for a couple of additinal picks.
Then I'd take the best LT, DT, WR, and CB on the board when each of those picks come up.

While I'm waiting for the draft to roll around, I'd make sure that Brodie Croyle does everything he can to learn, and to add muscle.

Stud QBs don't have to come out of the first round, and Croyle has the potential to be that stud QB you are hoping for.

Championships aren't by QBs.
They are won by teams.

Knob
10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
You and Hermie can suck my ass, dumbass.

First, I wouldn't trade LJ.
I'd trade that high draft pick we are setting ourselves up for, for a couple of additinal picks.
Then I'd take the best LT, DT, WR, and CB on the board when each of those picks come up.

While I'm waiting for the draft to roll around, I'd make sure that Brodie Croyle does everything he can to learn, and to add muscle.

Stud QBs don't have to come out of the first round, and Croyle has the potential to be that stud QB you are hoping for.

Championships aren't by QBs.
They are won by teams.

Put muscle on Croyle!....That shit is funny! How about lets get a QB who has muscles....LOL
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

milkman
10-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Put muscle on Croyle!....That shit is funny! How about lets get a QB who has muscles....LOL
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Do you know anything about Croyle?

Or are you, as I suspect, just talking out of your ass?

Do you even have any clue why I suggest adding muscle to Croyle?

Knob
10-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Do you know anything about Croyle?

Or are you, as I suspect, just talking out of your ass?

Do you even have any clue why I suggest adding muscle to Croyle?

Milkman....I hope Croyle proves me wrong, but he doesn't strike me as allstar. Sorry if your upset I laughed at Croyle. I don't know much of him and I hope he turns out to be da man. I just don't see it right now. Just like that coach said NFL Not for long. You can't take ten years to develope a player. He has it or he doesn't and is average. I don't want average. I want a QB who before he even plays a snap has got that mojo coming right out of college.

Count Zarth
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
How many quarterbacks look good right out of the gun?

Very few.

Knob
10-15-2006, 08:39 PM
How many quarterbacks look good right out of the gun?

Very few.

I know thats why we need #1 pick. It's a gamble but you never know we might hit a jackpot.

Logical
10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Dawson wasn't a stud QB.

He was good QB on a damn good team.Exactly

FAX
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Milkman....I hope Croyle proves me wrong, but he doesn't strike me as allstar. Sorry if your upset I laughed at Croyle. I don't know much of him and I hope he turns out to be da man. I just don't see it right now. Just like that coach said NFL Not for long. You can't take ten years to develope a player. He has it or he doesn't and is average. I don't want average. I want a QB who before he even plays a snap has got that mojo coming right out of college.

I'd reserve judgement on Croyle until he has some time to develop, Mr. Rob, including some time on the field and with NFL caliber trainers. I understand your impatience, though. I've been impatient with this team since the 60s.

Few people aspire to be average and I certainly don't think Croyle does.

FAX

Logical
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM

Ryan Leaf is available.

milkman
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM

I didn't get upset that you laughed at Croyle.

Dumbasses piss me off.

Who the hell said anything about 10 years to develop a QB?

Croyle is a rookie.
He needs to learn and bulk up, to better sustain the pounding of the NFL.

But the kid has a gun, and he had poise and moxey in the pocket at Alabama.

Lenny Dawson didn't start right out of school.
He was a 5 year vet before he got that chance.

Croyle should get that chance in '08.
In the meantime, we should still have Green.

Fruit Ninja
10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
if we have no Oline blocking for him and h e doesnt get about 1200 yards at least, i think we may see the last of LJ in KC. He may throw up a hissy fit and want out. I mean if the team is horrble at the end of the season, i couldnt blame him.

Knob
10-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Okay guys....good posts I'm gonna go watch my show now Flavor of Love. :)