PDA

View Full Version : What about the run D??

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 10:12 PM
All this talk about how bad the pass D was today but the run D was just as bad. What the hell happened?? I had flashbacks back to the Giants game last year.

Over 200 yards allowed.....What is it about this team playing on the road?? The personel changes but the results are always the same:

Pathetic....

milkman
10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
What run D?

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 10:19 PM
DEs were over-persuing and in the backfield as the RB ran through the gaps the LBs weren't filling.

Deberg_1990
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
DEs were over-persuing and in the backfield as the RB ran through the gaps the LBs weren't filling.

UGH!! Im still not 100% sold on Kawika.

Count Zarth
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
It was just a bad day.

Kawika had 10 tackles, BTW.

BigRock
10-15-2006, 10:42 PM
It was a bad day, but the run defense has been softer all year. As much as Herm's schemes had helped the defense overall, especially against the pass, it seems like they've taken some bite out of the run D. Maybe the linebackers are doing something differently, I really don't know what it is.

But we're getting gashed a lot more this year than we were last season. We couldn't do anything else on defense last year, but we could bottle up the run pretty well.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Bad day at the office...every team has it, yes we got probs but i dont see us getting OWNED like this the rest of the season.

SPchief
10-15-2006, 10:45 PM
It may be because they couldn't tackle anybody all day.

el borracho
10-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Hard to defend anything when your offense can't stay on the field more than 1 minute at a time. Our D was not getting any rest.

Oh, and our Dline sucks. We badly need two new tackles and another DE.

PastorMikH
10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Hard to defend anything when your offense can't stay on the field more than 1 minute at a time. Our D was not getting any rest.

Oh, and our Dline sucks. We badly need two new tackles and another DE.

I remember seeing Hali on the sidelines right before halftime. The dude was sucking air like he just finished a marathon in Denver.

To the D's credit though, there were several series out there where they didn't waste any time getting the O back out there. Like the three plays and a kick and out in the first half - three plays resulting in a TD that is.

Psyko Tek
10-16-2006, 01:54 AM
It was a bad day, but the run defense has been softer all year. As much as Herm's schemes had helped the defense overall, especially against the pass, it seems like they've taken some bite out of the run D. Maybe the linebackers are doing something differently, I really don't know what it is.

But we're getting gashed a lot more this year than we were last season. We couldn't do anything else on defense last year, but we could bottle up the run pretty well.

I think they are scared of the "names" we have at corner and are running it more

Coogs
10-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Bad day at the office...every team has it, yes we got probs but i dont see us getting OWNED like this the rest of the season.

We should find out this next Sunday. With the Chargers offense comming to town.... who knows? Will we see the defense that shut down the 49ers? Or will LT and Rivers chew us up? Will our offense be able to move on the Chargers defense? Lots of questions should get answered this next Sunday.

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 07:07 AM
<i>yes we got probs but i dont see us getting OWNED like this the rest of the season.</i>

I could easily see it happening again at SD. Perhaps even next week. SD is actually an improved copy of Pittsburgh. They could seriously kick our butts if we don't pull it together real quick.

stevieray
10-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Kawika Mitchell..heard his name lately in big plays?