Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
That is all

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 12:47 AM
For pulling that guy's hair?

dr00d
10-16-2006, 12:49 AM
you can't fine someone for a legal tackle, dipshit.

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:50 AM
you can for taunting

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2006, 12:52 AM
I say we play LJ at linebacker until the Chiefs can get a better line and figure out how to utilize his running ability...I mean shit, he is a tackling machine on offense. It takes wheels to chase down Polamalu...he has wheels...and LJ shed that block real well.

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
where's mecca at? I want him to defend LJ's actions that would be fun!

Ari Chi3fs
10-16-2006, 12:56 AM
demonpenz has lost his burst.

KcMizzou
10-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Demonpenz should be fined for taunting

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 12:59 AM
It was a sweet tackle. Even if I am frustrated with LJ.

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I didn't mean to start this thread, but kennison pushed me from behind

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I am waiting on the atchison times to get here to see what they have to say

Baconeater
10-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I didn't mean to start this thread, but kennison pushed me from behind
Don't worry about it, Zach will be here any minute to delete it. He's been doing it all day long.

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Don't worry about it, Zach will be here any minute to delete it. He's been doing it all day long.

Then he'll ban demonpenz just for good measure.

:)

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
hey wait a second where did my "why are mexicans so fast?" thread go?

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I think it is absolutely hilarious that LJ tackled Polamalu by the hair. Several years ago this very question came up about hair tackling. I can't remember who it was but an RB had that flowing hair and the league was asked to rule on it. The NFL said it was legal to use the hair to tackle. I haven't seen many O players with such an inviting "handle" since then. I'm sure Troy considers the hair as his "signature" but here's a thought. Get another signature.

big nasty kcnut
10-16-2006, 01:24 AM
LJ did the right thing. Great play.

KC Jones
10-16-2006, 04:34 AM
The only reason I can think of for flagging LJ was that he held onto the hair and then gave it another good tug while Palu-mama-ooh-me-so-sexy was getting up.

Bill Parcells
10-16-2006, 05:17 AM
It's polamolu or whatever his faces fault for not getting a hair cut..there is no rule that says you cant pull his hair..I thought it was a sweet tackle by LJ

Thai Cheif
10-16-2006, 05:53 AM
It's polamolu or whatever his faces fault for not getting a hair cut..there is no rule that says you cant pull his hair..I thought it was a sweet tackle by LJ
Verry True!

Guru
10-16-2006, 05:57 AM
Ummmm, no, he shouldn't.

chagrin
10-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Demonpenz, I have noticed over the past year that basically you're decent poster who isn't just a prick, but the past two days, wtf is your deal?

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 07:17 AM
I think it is absolutely hilarious that LJ tackled Polamalu by the hair. Several years ago this very question came up about hair tackling. I can't remember who it was but an RB had that flowing hair and the league was asked to rule on it. The NFL said it was legal to use the hair to tackle. I haven't seen many O players with such an inviting "handle" since then. I'm sure Troy considers the hair as his "signature" but here's a thought. Get another signature.

I agree 100%. If you don't want to get tackled by your hair, don't have your hair hanging out the back of your f--king helmet!

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Demonpenz, I have noticed over the past year that basically you're decent poster who isn't just a prick, but the past two days, wtf is your deal?
Didnt ya notice the /{sarcasm chagrin???

patteeu
10-16-2006, 07:34 AM

I think it was Ricky Williams.

Bwana
10-16-2006, 07:40 AM

Yes it was.

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 07:46 AM
It sure was. Thank you.

Inspector
10-16-2006, 07:54 AM
Yes, I too think Larry Johnson should be fine.

Especially after another week of practice.

Hound333
10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Solari should be fined for crappy playcalling.

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 08:27 AM
<i>The NFL said it was legal to use the hair to tackle.</i>

Exactly. Here in Indy Edge James cut his dreads as soon as the NFL came down with that ruling. He specificly said that was the reason.

Brock
10-16-2006, 08:33 AM
So what the hell was Johnson flagged for?

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 08:36 AM
So what the was Johnson flagged for?

Supposedly he taunted Pullmyhairowemono after the play.

I haven't gotten the stomach yet to watch the game again to see for sure.

burt
10-16-2006, 08:56 AM
BULLSHIT PENALTY,....because they thought the should call something.....

Bill Parcells
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Supposedly he taunted Pullmyhairowemono after the play.
:LOL:

NY CHIEF
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
His hand was blocked into his hair ROFL

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
...and then gave it another good tug while Palu-mama-ooh-me-so-sexy was getting up.

http://www.marela.blogger.com.br/big%20gay%20al.jpg

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
The only reason I can think of for flagging LJ was that he held onto the hair and then gave it another good tug while Palu-mama-ooh-me-so-sexy was getting up.

Or what ever you want to call him. He is a gamer and a big time player. I love his fire, speed and game.

We need him.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Or what ever you want to call him. He is a gamer and a big time player. I love his fire, speed and game.

We need him.

Bernard Pollard is exactly that type of player. The problem is that the Chiefs front office and coaching staff still thinks this team can compete this season, so they won't play him.

Bowser
10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Bernard Pollard is exactly that type of player. The problem is that the Chiefs front office and coaching staff still thinks this team can compete this season, so they won't play him.

Give it a month.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Polamalu's a great football player. Some people just have great football instincts, and he's one of them. He's the anti-Wesley.

With that being said, he stinks, and I hate him /bigsby

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Give it a month.

Yep.

That's the nice thing about yesterday's loss. My stomach won't be in knots after any other loss this season - as far as I'm concerned, the season is over and anything we do from here on out is gravy...

Bowser
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Yep.

That's the nice thing about yesterday's loss. My stomach won't be in knots after any other loss this season - as far as I'm concerned, the season is over and anything we do from here on out is gravy...

Pretty much. Our Super Bowl comes Thanksgiving night, apparently.

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
So what the hell was Johnson flagged for?

From where I sat it looked like after the tackle one of the other squeeler players had "issue" with it and got in LJ's face, and left push him in the face with both hands = flag

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
He pulled him down by the hair, which is perfectly legal.

However, he failed to let go and actually flipped the hair as a "taunt" and that's what he was flagged for. And he should have been flagged.

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
From where I sat it looked like after the tackle one of the other squeeler players had "issue" with it and got in LJ's face, and left push him in the face with both hands = flag

It was nice to see a TEAM stick up for one of THIER players....

I wish KC was a TEAM?

House cleaning needs to start at the top. Take Carl and all his puppets with him, including Herms sorry ass!!!!!!

What sucks the most is Jets fans are becoming more right each week....

Sure-Oz
10-16-2006, 10:16 AM
I seriously think the only way to get Polasucklongtime was by the hair, hey the bastard should cut it or tuck it in.

GoHuge
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
From where I sat it looked like after the tackle one of the other squeeler players had "issue" with it and got in LJ's face, and left push him in the face with both hands = flagLJ's take on it "I made the tackle, tried to get up, and my handís full of his hair,Ē Johnson said. ďItís real cute that (Steelers cornerback) Ike Taylor came over trying to defend his boy when it wasnít what was going on."

"If I got penalized, I hope it was for me hitting Ike Taylor in the face twice and not for pulling Troyís hair. Because Troyís a good player, and heís a good guy off the field. Thatís not something Iím doing.Ē

After the game, Polamalu said he didnít have a problem with the tackle.

I thought it was funny as shit! ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
There was nothing wrong with the way LJ tackled Polamalu... like Sure-Oz said... if he doesn't want his hair to be used as a tackling device, he needs to tuck it in or cut if off.

Mr. Kotter
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Yep.

Yep. Still "hoping," but deep down I know better. :(

:banghead:

FAX
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
It ain't over 'till it's over, men. There's still a long way to go. Although, I'd certainly feel better if we hadn't been slapped around like a naughty squaw.

I'm bothered by Herm's multiple statements prior to this debacle that, "We can't get behind on these guys and win." If we're going to win more games, he may want to adjust this platitude. Oh. And, find us an offensive tackle or two.

FAX

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
This is funny...the hair is a part of the uniform...and thus it was a legal and great tackle.

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 11:27 AM
This is funny...the hair is a part of the uniform...and thus it was a legal and great tackle.
You are my favoritest Bronco fan GB :clap:

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM

His hair is most certainly NOT part of his uniform. It wasn't a great tackle, but it's perfectly legal.

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
You are my favoritest Bronco fan GB :clap:

Well...I've always wanted to see one of these long hair guys get the hair treatment

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2006, 11:46 AM
His hair is most certainly NOT part of his uniform. It wasn't a great tackle, but it's perfectly legal.

It is considered part of the uniform much like a hand towel is considered part of the uniform. That's what the league rule a few years back with regards to a GBay DB...McHenzie I believe.

NewChief
10-16-2006, 11:50 AM
LJ's take on it "I made the tackle, tried to get up, and my handís full of his hair,Ē Johnson said. ďItís real cute that (Steelers cornerback) Ike Taylor came over trying to defend his boy when it wasnít what was going on."

"If I got penalized, I hope it was for me hitting Ike Taylor in the face twice and not for pulling Troyís hair. Because Troyís a good player, and heís a good guy off the field. Thatís not something Iím doing.Ē

After the game, Polamalu said he didnít have a problem with the tackle.

I thought it was funny as shit! ROFL

Links for those quotes?

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:17 PM
This thread was TIC for Sauls "rolle should be fined" and the out cry for rolle's beheading. I think johnsons play was good. The hair is apart of the uniform and when you saw Troy get up he popped up. He knows it's part of the uniform and frankly he just punked the chiefs for an INT i am sure he had no problem with getting tackled like that. I am going to be real specific with my next comment so listen up and try to ignore my terrible grammer, spelling, and hygiene. I don't know the angle johnson had or whatever, but it seems to me Johnson was grabbing for anything he could to stop Troy P. I was thinking to myself what are all the people that were saying "you could break a dudes neck to save a TV" You could apply this to this situation. Granted this was legal but LJ did snap Troy's neck back.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 12:20 PM
that were saying "you could break a dudes neck to save a TV" You could apply this to this situation. Granted this was legal but LJ did snap Troy's neck back.

Just One answer.

Mr.Palomolu save your 'Sampson pride' get a hair cut.

The Next one may snap your neck.

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
this one was from metro like Mecca, don't be retarded. I wouldn't care if it happened to Jake ****ing Plummer, it was a very dangerous and borderline dirty play. That shit can render a player paralyzed for life, no amount of victories or losses is worth that. This has nothing to do with homerism, Rolle should be fined.

what do you feel about LJ's play. It was borderline dirty

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Just One answer.

Mr.Palomolu save your 'Sampson pride' get a hair cut.

The Next one may snap your neck.

if lj carries the ball in the correct hand he doesn't get face masked

vailpass
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Yes LJ certainly should be fined....for sucking ass through 5 games in my fantasy league. I drafted him with the 7th overall pick and am getting nothing from him. On top of that he is now a hair puller.

27 Larry Johnson, RB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 230
Birthdate: 11/19/1979
Birthplace: Pomfret, MD, USA
Team: Kansas City Chiefs
Position: Running Back
Years Pro: 4
College: Penn Stat3

Key Stats
GP Att Yds Avg TDs Fum
5 105 357 3.4 3 2

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes LJ certainly should be fined....for sucking ass through 5 games in my fantasy league. I drafted him with the 7th overall pick and am getting nothing from him. On top of that he is now a hair puller.

27 Larry Johnson, RB
Height: 6-1
Weight: 230
Birthdate: 11/19/1979
Birthplace: Pomfret, MD, USA
Team: Kansas City Chiefs
Position: Running Back
Years Pro: 4
College: Penn Stat3

Key Stats
GP Att Yds Avg TDs Fum
5 105 357 3.4 3 2

i had him low on my draft board luckily

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM

I am sorry man. Just being alittle tounge in cheek. I will try to make it up with bad humor and worse spelling. :)

chiefqueen
10-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Actually I heard football players having long hair is a safety issue. I had a boss whose husband used to coach HS football in the KC area. She told me one told he made all his players get crew cuts before the season and get haircuts once a week thereafter so their helmuts would fit properly.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 12:31 PM
He pulled him down by the hair, which is perfectly legal.

However, he failed to let go and actually flipped the hair as a "taunt" and that's what he was flagged for. And he should have been flagged.

But it was the highlight of the game.

Chiefnj
10-16-2006, 12:35 PM

BS. They ARE playing Page. Maybe Pollard isn't that good or isn't that bright.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 12:43 PM

Maybe he was gonna cut back in side.

Still Parker can't block or it was a TD.

manchambo
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I wonder whether it still is legal to tackle a player by the hair now that the NFL this year instituted the "horse collar" rule making it illegal to tackle by the collar--tackling by the hair seems just as bad.

BTW, even if it still is legal to tackle by the hair, it is not legal to pull someone's hair after they are on the ground out of bounds, which LJ clearly did. So I think the penalty should have been called.

boogblaster
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
nice tackle..hair is legal..only thing KC did worth watching yesterday....

chasedude
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
nice tackle..hair is legal..only thing KC did worth watching yesterday....

Ditto!

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 01:08 PM
I wonder whether it still is legal to tackle a player by the hair now that the NFL this year instituted the "horse collar" rule making it illegal to tackle by the collar--tackling by the hair seems just as bad.

BTW, even if it still is legal to tackle by the hair, it is not legal to pull someone's hair after they are on the ground out of bounds, which LJ clearly did. So I think the penalty should have been called.
I would say something snide just cause you are a donx fan, but i wont because i love your av over at the mange too much :shrug:

BigRock
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Considering Rolle grabbed LJ's facemask from behind, that makes about as much sense as saying Polamalu wouldn't have gotten his hair pulled if he'd carried the ball differently.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Considering Rolle grabbed LJ's facemask from behind, that makes about as much sense as saying Polamalu wouldn't have gotten his hair pulled if he'd carried the ball differently.

Perhaps the point is that if LJ had the ball in the outside hand his inside hand would have been free to apply the stiff arm commonly used to ward off tackles from an angle.

LJ caugh Troy from behind, there was no angle for stiff arm in that case.

Larry David is funny as hell.

Calcountry
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I think it is absolutely hilarious that LJ tackled Polamalu by the hair. Several years ago this very question came up about hair tackling. I can't remember who it was but an RB had that flowing hair and the league was asked to rule on it. The NFL said it was legal to use the hair to tackle. I haven't seen many O players with such an inviting "handle" since then. I'm sure Troy considers the hair as his "signature" but here's a thought. Get another signature.Getting a haircut to improve your career, now there's a thought.

Calcountry
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Solari should be fined for crappy playcalling.Hopefully he got a wake up with that thrashing.

Earth to Solari, THIS IS THE NFL! If you try the same gameplan over and over, eventually you will get stroked.

Predarat
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
For only getting 1.7 yards a carry he should be fined!!

Dr. Van Halen
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
It was interesting to hear the NBC crew scoffing about LJ's tackle.

Bob Costas made the comment, "It's cheating. What he did was illegal. Kids, don't try this at home."

BigRock
10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Perhaps the point is that if LJ had the ball in the outside hand his inside hand would have been free to apply the stiff arm commonly used to ward off tackles from an angle.
I realize the point he's trying to make, it's the same lame argument that ProFootballTalk.com tried making. But the fact is that by the time Rolle was close enough to make contact with LJ, or vice versa, it had to come from behind. LJ had already gotten by him. And then there's the small matter of Samie Parker standing there between them.

It made no difference which hand the ball was in. Once LJ commited to using his blocker and zooming down the sideline, that was it. He also could have tried cutting it back the other way. But he's not going to suddenly, in less than half a second, switch gears and throw a big stiff arm when he's trying to outrun someone (which he did, he just didn't get far enough by him).

Chiefnj
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Jerry Markbreit (former NFL ref) 12/21/2005 - chicagosports.com

Tackling a runner solely by grabbing his hair: legal tackle or penalty? --Joe, Birmingham, Ala.

Any player who has his hair sticking out of his helmet is fair game. A defender can grab that hair and fling the player to the ground with no danger of penalty, providing he does not grab the face mask or inside of the helmet in doing so.

vailpass
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I realize the point he's trying to make, it's the same lame argument that ProFootballTalk.com tried making. But the fact is that by the time Rolle was close enough to make contact with LJ, or vice versa, it had to come from behind. LJ had already gotten by him. And then there's the small matter of Samie Parker standing there between them.

It made no difference which hand the ball was in. Once LJ commited to using his blocker and zooming down the sideline, that was it. He also could have tried cutting it back the other way. But he's not going to suddenly, in less than half a second, switch gears and throw a big stiff arm when he's trying to outrun someone (which he did, he just didn't get far enough by him).

Gotcha'. I haven't looked at a replay with the intent of seeing whether a stiff arm would have helped and apparently you have.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
It is considered part of the uniform much like a hand towel is considered part of the uniform. That's what the league rule a few years back with regards to a GBay DB...McHenzie I believe.

I believe the league ruled the opposite - his hair is not part of the uniform. I'll have to look it up.

At any rate, if you don't want people to pull on it, CUT THE SHIT.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
BS. They ARE playing Page. Maybe Pollard isn't that good or isn't that bright.

They're playing page only when Knight screws up. That's because they feel that Page is ready enough that he won't cost them a game. Herm said early on that Page is much farther ahead of Pollard in learning the scheme because of the schemes they played in college.

And THAT is because they think that one game might be the difference between the playoffs and not.

They're in denial.

Que Card QB
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
He shouldn't be fined for pulling him down by it but rather, picking him up and flinging him around by it after the tackle.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 02:30 PM
He shouldn't be fined for pulling him down by it but rather, picking him up and flinging him around by it after the tackle.

Precisely what I mentioned before in regards to the penalty.