christ I thought we were decent if not good,
maybe a tight game for a loss,
but jebus...

mother ****er
shitty day for pittsburgh to remember that they were good last year

sorry if this is a repost

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Well, we had them on 3rd and 11 and Roethlisberger hit S. Holmes on a quick 4 yard hitter. Law went for the tackle, slipped, and Holmes ended up with a 50 yard gain...

It was all downhill from there.

Our safeties were just horrendous. They blew coverages on the passing tds that were flat out embarrassing. Wesley in particular was god awful. Page blew an assignment in the endzone and had a chance to deliver a kill shot and just bounced off the guy as he walked into the end zone.

LJ had no holes all day, but he did tackle Polamalu by his hair ROFL after a pick...and then he got a 15 yard flag for "taunting"...BS.

Black had holding penalties and sacks allowed.
Huard threw a pick

Solari was beyond terrible. Run run, two yard pass on 3rd and 6...all day.

we didn't try one downfield pass until we were down by over 31

The icing on the cake.

LJ clearly scored to make it 31-7...and Cowher challenges...then later in the game they go for it on 4th and goal from the 1, while up by 31 ****ING POINTS...they apparently get stopped (to the refs) and HE CHALLENGES THAT...and it gets overturned.

Pitt had 4 fumbles and recovered all of them but 1

Just a horrible, horrible performance in every way, and anyone who ever says anything good about Cowher should receive lifelong nuthooks.

kcxiv
10-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Cowher didnt do anything wrong. He had to do what he had to do for his team. The Chiefs deserved everything they had commming to them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Cowher didnt do anything wrong. He had to do what he had to do for his team. The Chiefs deserved everything they had commming to them.

If they scored in 3 plays..that's fine...Going for it on 4th and goal from the 1 when you are up by 31 with a few minutes left in the game??

That's garbage. It's even more classless considering that Herm and Cowher were once on the same staff together.

kcxiv
10-16-2006, 01:45 AM
I still dont blame him. Again, we deserved it all. I am glad they got embarrased. They needed a reality check. I just dont think we have the team to overcome it for the duration of the season.

Psyko Tek
10-16-2006, 01:52 AM
I can't fault them for kicking the living shit out of us everrything I have read said we deserved it

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 01:56 AM
I still dont blame him. Again, we deserved it all. I am glad they got embarrased. They needed a reality check. I just dont think we have the team to overcome it for the duration of the season.

This is clearly a 5-11 team.

All teams have to have 5 of the 6 to succeed:

A good LT, DT, QB, CB,

We have one of those right now, two IF trent comes back at full strength.

LT is the cornerstone of the line and protects the QB allowing you to stretch the field which gives you running lanes.

DT shores up the run D and provides interior pass rush which is much more disruptive than an edge rush

About 5 teams in history have won the SB without a very good QB

A solid CB can take away a whole side of the field and totally change the nature of the passing game and coverage, allowing the D-Line more time to get to the QB. It also allows for more risk in blitzing situations.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Psycho:

If you want the other side of the argument, check this out

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149895

Good for a laugh...especially the "I hope he dies of a heart attack in his sleep" ROFL

Mecca
10-16-2006, 02:14 AM
This is clearly a 5-11 team.

All teams have to have 5 of the 6 to succeed:

A good LT, DT, QB, CB,

We have one of those right now, two IF trent comes back at full strength.

LT is the cornerstone of the line and protects the QB allowing you to stretch the field which gives you running lanes.

DT shores up the run D and provides interior pass rush which is much more disruptive than an edge rush

About 5 teams in history have won the SB without a very good QB

A solid CB can take away a whole side of the field and totally change the nature of the passing game and coverage, allowing the D-Line more time to get to the QB. It also allows for more risk in blitzing situations.

So apparently "my negative BS" was correct because i said 5-11 was what I expected.....

kepp
10-16-2006, 07:57 AM
My first reaction to what you said here was, "Oh, BS...he didn't HAVE to do it. They had the game WELL in hand." But after thinking about the slide that they've been on, he was probably trying to give some confidence back to his guys...and that's something every head coach has to try to do. With that being said, I personally hated the call. But that's life, I suppose.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM
So apparently "my negative BS" was correct because i said 5-11 was what I expected.....

The difference: If we go 11-5 I'll be ecstatic and happy that I was wrong. You'll be pissed because your prediction didn't go according to plan and you won't be able to troll until we get knocked out of the playoffs. 4321

jidar
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM

Needed a reality check? Deserved it? Why because they are overconfident for rolling everyone this year? THEY NEED A REALITY CHECK BECAUSE GOD KNOWS THEY JUST BEAT 2 BAD TEAMS BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH SO THEY NEED TO BE TAKEN DOWN A NOTCH!
What the ****?! How about you shut your stupid faggot face you idiot because you don't know a god damned thing about what they need.

You're just another dumbass with a dumbass opinion on a ****ing internet forum so don't come here in claiming to know the team needs a ****ing reality check jackass. Truthfully it's you that needs to reality check.

Here is reality for you:

INTERNET JACKASS: You

CHIEFS: ????

nobody ****ing knows.

jrowe
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
To the extent the butt whooping the Steelers and Cowher put on us results in Herm's tenure here being shorter, Cowher did us a favor.

WilliamTheIrish
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM

What's it like to carry a cross and wear a crown of thorns? Oh, the burden you bear...

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
What's it like to carry a cross and wear a crown of thorns? Oh, the burden you bear...
A man for all seasons.................