PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil's Chiefs were closer to a playoff team!

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I know many will disagree, but there's no way this team is closer to a playoff team than last year's. DV and AS had us closer to making the playoffs and doing damage than what we see today. I wish we had this D the last 5 years, the media would have been talking about us like they talk about NE. DV's Team beat playoff teams. DV's Team scored points. DV's Team scored TD's. DV's Team played to win. DV's Team was exciting to watch especially when the O came on the field. All DV needed was a top 15 D, and I blame CP for not helping him make that happen.

I fear that we will have to watch MartyBall for the next 3 years, watch the D try to win games, and look forward to next year's draft. The good news is CP's time is almost up. Looking forward to the new era. I want a more DV/AS type team with a Top 15 D.

By the way Marty himself is having to finally adjust his philosophy. For the first time he not only has a great D but a very good O and the only reason why they are not undefeated is Marty having the tendency to slip into his "play not to lose" mentality. He is probably reluctantly loosen his style, but if he can shake this tendency he could finally get his ring. Also he has a very good GM who butts heads with him daily. As I said many times before both Marty and DV would have succeeded here if we had a better GM.

TN_Chief
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I wish we had this D the last 5 years, the media would have been talking about us like they talk about NE.Are you high? "This D" gave up 45 points to a 1-3 team with a QB who'd thrown more INTs than TDs.

But I agree, I think DV's teams were closer to playoff caliber, I didn't see his coaching staff making the same mistakes and not adjusting, etc. DV is a better coach than Herm.

Hog Farmer
10-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Don't worry, it might just take us 14 or 15 games to get things clicking. After all we could still end the season 13-3.

Bill Parcells
10-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Not for nothing..but I heard this same stuff somewhere else last week..when another team was 2-3

Some people jump off the bandwagon very quickly

Unreal :shake:

The Bad Guy
10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I know many will disagree, but there's no way this team is closer to a playoff team than last year's. DV and AS had us closer to making the playoffs and doing damage than what we see today. I wish we had this D the last 5 years, the media would have been talking about us like they talk about NE. DV's Team beat playoff teams. DV's Team scored points. DV's Team scored TD's. DV's Team played to win. DV's Team was exciting to watch especially when the O came on the field. All DV needed was a top 15 D, and I blame CP for not helping him make that happen.

Go **** yourself already.

Vermeil's team beat playoff teams on the road? Since when?

noa
10-16-2006, 10:18 AM
I think the real test will be how we bounce back from this embarassment. We have a chance to make a very good statement next week at home against the Chargers.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Actually they are not. DV's last team was eliminated from the playoffs. When I talk about the playoffs I know I am referring to your Superbowl because you think just making the playoffs is as good as it gets.

DV's team only got to your Superbow once during his tensure and he didn't win it.

This team however is still elidgable for your Superbowl.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:21 AM
What's funny is that I don't even have to chime in here.

This thread is gonna elicit every comment I could ever think of, and then 1963 can't complain that I'm picking on him.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
This thrashing could be a building block to kicking Sandy Eggos ass. Then again, maybe we just are not very good.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Are you high? "This D" gave up 45 points to a 1-3 team with a QB who'd thrown more INTs than TDs.

But I agree, I think DV's teams were closer to playoff caliber, I didn't see his coaching staff making the same mistakes and not adjusting, etc. DV is a better coach than Herm.

I know but despite this game they would have been good enough for DV to go the distance. Remember this is not DV's O anymore, a better O always makes the D's job easier. Our O is a shell of DV's O the last 5 years.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
All DV needed was a top 15 D,
And he couldn't do that. Obviously.

This is like saying I want the Chiefs to be World Champions. All they needed was to win the Superbowl.

Chiefnj
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
DV had 5 years and couldn't do it. It's time to move on.

Do I think Herm is the answer, nope. But he's been dealt a bad hand and needs more than 5 games to be judged.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Not for nothing..but I heard this same stuff somewhere else last week..when another team was 2-3

Some people jump off the bandwagon very quickly

Unreal :shake:

you have selective memory. remember i said yesterday's game was a must win if i was going to be a believer in Herm Ball. They laid a egg.
My suspicions were confirmed.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I know but despite this game they would have been good enough for DV to go the distance. Remember this is not DV's O anymore, a better O always makes the D's job easier. Our O is a shell of DV's O the last 5 years.
You are arguing against facts.

They in fact WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GO THE DISTANCE.

Whant fantasy world are you in?

THEY DID NOT WIN A SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
And he couldn't do that. Obviously.

This is like saying I want the Chiefs to be World Champions. All they needed was to win the Superbowl.

I disagree, with a better GM he could have.

The Bad Guy
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
you have selective memory. remember i said yesterday's game was a must win if i was going to be a believer in Herm Ball. They laid a egg.

Vermeil's teams made a habit on the road, late in the season of laying eggs.

Denver, Minnesota - 2003
Dallas, New York Giants - 2005.

Yeah, we had to beat a SB team who's backs were against the wall for you to be a believer. Eat shit.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
I disagree, with a better GM he could have.
Gotcha it is EVERYONE'S fault but DV's. Thanks for your input.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
I was always a big fan of DV forfeiting each game we played in Denver beforehand to the media.

He beats playoff teams on the road right?

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I think the real test will be how we bounce back from this embarassment. We have a chance to make a very good statement next week at home against the Chargers.

I want this too, but I think this is Marty's year. He has a good chance of going the distance. I see him beating us in Arrowhead.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I was always a big fan of DV forfeiting each game we played in Denver beforehand to the media.

He beats playoff teams on the road right?

Zach read my thread. I said DV's chiefs was closer to a playoff team than Herm's. I know you have your opinions about DV, separate your bias with the topic.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey 1963, it's all me, right? I'm the only person here that thinks you're a douche, right?

ROFL

FringeNC
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Under Vermeil and Saunders, the offense was greater than the sum of its parts. That's what good coaches are able to achieve.

In the era of free agency and salary caps, it's a GM and coach's league. We have neither a stellar coach nor stellar GM. Dark days ahead...

The days of parity in the NFL are over because some GMs are smart and have figured out how to manage a team in this era. New England and Philly are going to be up there every year...

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Zach read my thread. I said DV's chiefs was closer to a playoff team than Herm's. I know you have your opinions about DV, separate your bias with the topic.
My bias?

You are a complete joke on this board.

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
They are talking on 610 that we are to hard headed about the run and we are going to get LJ killed before mid season.

Herm must go.... Running agianst 9 and 10 man fronts?

Our coaching staff is pathetic at best!

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't for the life of me understand the mindset that thinks you can lose Richardson, Roaf, Weigmann, Holmes, and Green in one fell swoop, and just motor along as before.
Dih-kah himself couldn't make this year's team a winner if he had Jesus Christ as his OC, and Ghengis Khan as his DC. Not even with 54 mini-Dih-kahs on the squad.

Bill Parcells
How you can put all your ''eggs'' in one basket for this ''pivotal game'' against the Steelers is a joke..every team has bad games during the year..for you to draw conclusions from this makes you a delusional fan

Chiefnj
Under Vermeil and Saunders, the offense was greater than the sum of its parts. That's what good coaches are able to achieve.

Do you remember DV's first year in KC? Do you remember how potent that offense was? If you are willing to give DV a pass on his first year, why not do the same for Herm?

Reerun_KC
Vermeil's teams made a habit on the road, late in the season of laying eggs.

Denver, Minnesota - 2003
Dallas, New York Giants - 2005.

Yeah, we had to beat a SB team who's backs were against the wall for you to be a believer. Eat shit.

Agree we laid and egg, but at least we were competive in a couple of those.

Also, atleast we could move the ball and score points..

But we still suck!

KCChiefsFan88
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't for the life of me understand the mindset that thinks you can lose Richardson, Roaf, Weigmann, Holmes, and Green in one fell swoop, and just motor along as before.
Dih-kah himself couldn't make this year's team a winner if he had Jesus Christ as his OC, and Ghengis Khan as his DC. Not even with 54 mini-Dih-kahs on the squad.

What happened to Weigmann?

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Do you remember DV's first year in KC? Do you remember how potent that offense was? If you are willing to give DV a pass on his first year, why not do the same for Herm?

DV proved he could get to a Championship game and a SuperBowl. Herm has proved he is Marty.....

We took a step back in coaching with the hire of Carls recent "yes man puppet"...

When Carl leaves, We will have something to get excited about.

FringeNC
10-16-2006, 10:41 AM

At worst, it was NFL average DV's first year. This offense is the worst in the league. I understand that the O-line sucks, but I just don't understand how our offensive brain trust thinks we can win games by only running and throwing three yard passes. How could you not understand that isn't going to work?

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM

Saunders - Roaf = middle of the pack

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
At worst, it was NFL average DV's first year. This offense is the worst in the league. I understand that the O-line sucks, but I just don't understand how our offensive brain trust thinks we can win games by only running and throwing three yard passes. How could you not understand that isn't going to work?

Selective memory at it's finest.

Have you already forgotten the outcry in 2001? Have you forgotten TrINT?

It's quite simple:

They could open the playbook wide and Huard could get sacked 6 times a game and turn the ball over 4 times, like what happened against Cincinatti.

And you would bitch about that too...

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
What happened to Weigmann?
Welbourne. . . sorry, brainfart.

Hound333
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I am not jumping off the bandwagon. I just don't see the coaching staff changing. We have to throw the ball down the field more or we are going into the toilet. I know alot of people will say that Huard doesn't throw the deep ball well or that his arm is suspect. If you can't throw the deep ball what the hell are you doing in the NFL.

I will give you that the O-line is sucking it up. I just don't feel its totally thier fault. I saw many plays where they had everyone blocked they could but Pitt still had a free player to knock on LJ in the backfield. You cannot ask our linemen to block multiple people. Lord knows some of them have trouble blocking one on a double team.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
What's funny is that I don't even have to chime in here.

This thread is gonna elicit every comment I could ever think of, and then 1963 can't complain that I'm picking on him.

I can handle it.

Chiefnj
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
DV proved he could get to a Championship game and a SuperBowl. Herm has proved he is Marty.....

Not in KC he didn't. In KC DV proved he couldn't even get in the playoffs with regularity. Herm hasn't proved anything yet with only 5 games under his belt.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I can handle it.

That's the cool thing about being oblivious to reality and completely unaware that you're an insufferable idiot.

It's easy to cope.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Let's face it we're not going any where this year. You know I liked DV as our HC and admired AS. I'm sad to see them go and miss their exciting teams they produced. I was hoping for a half way decent D each year and never got it. Definitely know that DV was responsible for this but I put a lot of the blame on CP. I predict we're going to be a very unexciting team the next 3 years, but the good news is CP's days are numbered.

I feel sorry for all Chief's fans right now. I'm very bummed for us all.

DaWolf
10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
People need to realize:
A) Our OL sucks, and I will not be surprised to see them get pounded again by the San Diego front.

B) Damon Huard, is, well, Damon Huard. What, you thought this was gonna be Kurt Warner II? Dude is average at best and had the benefit of playing two pretty crap teams the previous two weeks.

C) Our wideouts suck, and that is all Carl. He had opportunity after opportunity the last three years to upgrade that thing and did nothing. He was pinning all his hopes on Samie Parker. Carl doesn't seem to realize how much better Gonzo or LJ would be if they were not the only two weapons we had. The only reason we were able to pass so well the last four years is because the OL has been so good in pass protection that the mediocre recievers had much longer to get open.

We are what we are, a middle of the road team that is trying to get younger but will have to deal with the pains of doing so...

Hound333
10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
I am just worried like I was at the beginning of the year. We will win just enough games to push us down to a 16-20 pick. I think with our aging players we are in for a few years of mediocre play with maybe one year of totally crappiness before we turn it around.

Dave Lane
10-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Are you high? "This D" gave up 45 points to a 1-3 team with a QB who'd thrown more INTs than TDs.

And in other news the sky is blue...

Dave

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
People need to realize:
A) Our OL sucks, and I will not be surprised to see them get pounded again by the San Diego front.

B) Damon Huard, is, well, Damon Huard. What, you thought this was gonna be Kurt Warner II? Dude is average at best and had the benefit of playing two pretty crap teams the previous two weeks.

C) Our wideouts suck, and that is all Carl. He had opportunity after opportunity the last three years to upgrade that thing and did nothing. He was pinning all his hopes on Samie Parker. Carl doesn't seem to realize how much better Gonzo or LJ would be if they were not the only two weapons we had. The only reason we were able to pass so well the last four years is because the OL has been so good in pass protection that the mediocre recievers had much longer to get open.

We are what we are, a middle of the road team that is trying to get younger but will have to deal with the pains of doing so...

If the WR's suck, why wasn't Vermeil or Saunders standing on the table jumping up and down to get one - that's what Gunther did and he got Siavii, Bell, and Surtain that way.

Carl takes the blame for one thing:

He's the person who hires these train wrecks.

But make no mistake about it - VERMEIL knew this team needed a wideout and HE is the one who pinned his hopes on Sammie Parker.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
How you can put all your ''eggs'' in one basket for this ''pivotal game'' against the Steelers is a joke..every team has bad games during the year..for you to draw conclusions from this makes you a delusional fan

our 3 losses were against 3 playoff teams what more evidence do you need?

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM

I was willling to give DV a pass because he inherited a team that was in shambles, Herm was given a 10-6 team with a good foundation. Also I knew DV's "play to win" philosophy so I had optimism for the future, I already know Herm's philosophy and do not have high expectations for the future.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:29 AM

We took a step back in coaching with the hire of Carls recent "yes man puppet"...

When Carl leaves, We will have something to get excited about.

Sad but true.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM

Missing AS are you?

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
I was willling to give DV a pass because he inherited a team that was in shambles, Herm was given a 10-6 team with a good foundation. Also I knew DV's "play to win" philosophy so I had optimism for the future, I already know Herm's philosophy and do not have high expectations for the future.

But Herm has only coached 5 games here! We have to give him a chance. Even though we know what his play to lose mentality is....

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
are you stoned?? yeah, DV had us rolling on offense (when al saunders wasn't getting too cute with the play-calling), but we couldn't stop a team of 99 year old blind grandmothers from marching up the field on us on defense... at least now (I'm HOPING the game in pitt was an anomoly) we know our defense is, at this moment, somewhat reliable--and possibly in the near future dominant...

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I am not jumping off the bandwagon. I just don't see the coaching staff changing. We have to throw the ball down the field more or we are going into the toilet. I know alot of people will say that Huard doesn't throw the deep ball well or that his arm is suspect. If you can't throw the deep ball what the hell are you doing in the NFL.

I will give you that the O-line is sucking it up. I just don't feel its totally thier fault. I saw many plays where they had everyone blocked they could but Pitt still had a free player to knock on LJ in the backfield. You cannot ask our linemen to block multiple people. Lord knows some of them have trouble blocking one on a double team.

Our gameplan sucked plan and simple.

Brock
10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
5 years + worst defense ever + 1 playoff appearance + 1st round loss AT HOME = 0

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
People need to realize:

Great points. Thanks.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
I am just worried like I was at the beginning of the year. We will win just enough games to push us down to a 16-20 pick. I think with our aging players we are in for a few years of mediocre play with maybe one year of totally crappiness before we turn it around.

GOod point. I hope your wrong. I would love top 10 pick.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
If you really are a fan of DV's you should be thankful he is gone. Turley(Rams) is exactly who he would of went after with Roaf's retirement letter in May. Saunder's contract was up & Synder was going to sign him no matter the cost & Solari(in house loyalty) would have been his choice to replace him.

That leaves the draft. DV's drafts left little to be desired

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:37 AM

what, so carl could just f*ck it up? (/chiefsplanet)

siberian khatru
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM

Like Ryan Sims?

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
If the WR's suck, why wasn't Vermeil or Saunders standing on the table jumping up and down to get one - that's what Gunther did and he got Siavii, Bell, and Surtain that way.

Carl takes the blame for one thing:

He's the person who hires these train wrecks.

But make no mistake about it - VERMEIL knew this team needed a wideout and HE is the one who pinned his hopes on Sammie Parker.

Sorry bud DV produced one of the best O 's in the league even with Parker. I know you hate DV but facts are facts big GUY! :)

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Like Ryan Sims?

Ryan Sims... the new Lin E**iot

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Sorry bud DV produced one of the best O 's in the league even with Parker. I know you hate DV but facts are facts big GUY! :)

say it with me... Willie... Roaf...

we had one of the best offenses in football because of our unreal offensive line--you don't just replace a hall of fame LT and declining production of your hall of fame RG overnight--those shoes are WAY too big to fill with youngins' and retreads

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
I was willling to give DV a pass because he inherited a team that was in shambles, Herm was given a 10-6 team with a good foundation.
The worst D in the league + the 2005 O - Roaf - Richardson - Welbourne - Priest - Green = shambles squared.

Frazod
10-16-2006, 11:44 AM
That's the cool thing about being oblivious to reality and completely unaware that you're an insufferable idiot.

It's easy to cope.

Hey Parker, I'll pony up for your tailgating expenses if you IP ban this douchebag. :titus:

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
ya know, it really is too bad that we're not dealing with KCjohnny... cause your equations could include Pi (R squared)

siberian khatru
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
say it with me... Willie... Roaf...

we had one of the best offenses in football because of our unreal offensive line--you don't just replace a hall of fame LT and declining production of your hall of fame RG overnight--those shoes are WAY too big to fill with youngins' and retreads

For whatever reason, I recently was watching a highlight video on YouTube of every one of Priest's TDs in 2003. And not to take much away from him, because he had terrific patience and a nice burst, but the OL (and T-Rich) just blew apart defenses. It was like a road grader sweeping defenders away. I mean, I knew that was the case back then, but watching it again these days just made it stand in stark contrast to what we're dealing with now.

We really were spoiled. That kind of OL play is very difficult to duplicate. We were the best line in the league then. Bar none.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Like Ryan Sims?

I'm thinking we'll have a TOP 10 maybe TOP 5 pick 3 years in a row. I'm thinking our odds will go up in getting it right. After year 3 we'll bring in a new GM and HC and hopefully a start of a better era.

Maybe in 5-6 years will make a serious run. Like all of us I'm a Chiefs fan, I carry a heavy burden. I'm hoping to see us win another SB before I pass on.

siberian khatru
10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe in 5-6 years will make a serious run. Like all of us I'm a Chiefs fan, I carry a heavy burden. I'm hoping to see us win another SB before I pass on.

So you're like, what, 7 years old?

Logical
10-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Dih-kah himself couldn't make this year's team a winner if he had Jesus Christ as his OC, and Ghengis Khan as his DC. Not even with 54 mini-Dih-kahs on the squad.We agree on this one.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 12:03 PM
We will win just enough games to push us down to a 16-20 pick.

We have been doing that for many years, as you know.

GoHuge
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Looking forward to the new era. I want a more DV/AS type team with a Top 15 D.

Man that is genious! You should be a GM and see if you can put that together yourself year in and year out in the salary cap era. You'd win the SB every year. :drool: Vermiel got lucky and had that happen one year in St. Louis and did in fact win it all. He had a great offense and a great oppurtunistic defense (statistically) because teams where airing it out because they where playing from behind because of the "Greatest Show On Turf." Reminds me of a 03' team that played in KC that was built the same way, but was a HOF WR (maybe two) and RB short of duplicating the "Greatest Show On Turf." When was the last time a team had the #1 offense with a top 10 defense? It doesn't happen in the salary cap era and if it does you got lucky or you had (getting redundant yet :rolleyes: ?) "The Greatest Show On Turf" That is the point of the salary cap, parity (to create equality). If your tops on O and D you had a cinderella season. The GM, Vermeil, everybody got lucky. The Rams where supposed to be in the gutter that year but fate intervened, and it all came together....Trent got hurt, "The Kurt Warner Story" etc. It was just one of those seasons and the fact that is hasn't been duplicated just proves the point. I want a #1 offense and a #15 D every year to. I'd also like to take two pornstars to bed every night, but it's not reality.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Man that is genious! You should be a GM and see if you can put that together yourself year in and year out in the salary cap era. You'd win the SB every year. :drool: Vermiel got lucky and had that happen one year in St. Louis and did in fact win it all. He had a great offense and a great oppurtunistic defense (statistically) because teams where airing it out because they where playing from behind because of the "Greatest Show On Turf." Reminds me of a 03' team that played in KC that was built the same way, but was a HOF WR (maybe two) and RB short of duplicating the "Greatest Show On Turf." When was the last time a team had the #1 offense with a top 10 defense? It doesn't happen in the salary cap era and if it does you got lucky or you had (getting redundant yet :rolleyes: ?) "The Greatest Show On Turf" That is the point of the salary cap, parity (to create equality). If your tops on O and D you had a cinderella season. The GM, Vermeil, everybody got lucky. The Rams where supposed to be in the gutter that year but fate intervened, and it all came together....Trent got hurt, "The Kurt Warner Story" etc. It was just one of those seasons and the fact that is hasn't been duplicated just proves the point. I want a #1 offense and a #15 D every year to. I'd also like to take two pornstars to bed every night, but it's not reality.

No matter how you slice it DV got to 2 SB's with 2 different teams and won one. that's not luck bud. CP is the reason why both Marty and DV did not succeed in KC. Both coaches will go to HOF no thanks to CP!

WilliamTheIrish
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Let's face it we're not going any where this year.... .

What gave you the idea we were anything but a 7-9 or 8-8 team?

Brock
10-16-2006, 12:40 PM
CP is the reason why both Marty and DV did not succeed in KC. Both coaches will go to HOF no thanks to CP!

LMAO genius

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
What gave you the idea we were anything but a 7-9 or 8-8 team?

I'm a fan I just hoped we could do better.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
No matter how you slice it DV got to 2 SB's with 2 different teams and won one. that's not luck bud. CP is the reason why both Marty and DV did not succeed in KC. Both coaches will go to HOF no thanks to CP!

If DV was truly the all mighty great coach, he could have took whatever talent CP got him and win with it.

Bob Dole
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM

You underestimate the mini-Dih-kahs.

FAX
10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Just what I was thinking, Mr. Bob Dole.

If we had a whole bunch of mini-Dih-kahs, our record would be better and Cowher wouldn't have been able to sleep last night.

FAX

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
DV's Rams drafts
Orlando Pace
Ryan Tucker
Grant Wistrom
Robert Holbcombe
Leonard Little
Az Hakim
Roland WIlliams
Torry Holt
Dre Bly
Rich Coady
Joe Germaine

DV's Chiefs drafts
Eric Downing
Marvin Minnis
Monty Beisel
Billy Baber
Derrick Blaylock
Alex Sulfsted
Sharunard Harts
Terdell Sands
Ryan Sims
Eddie Freeman
Omar Easy
Scott Fujita
Larry Johnson [not that it counts]
Kawika Mitchell
Julian Battle
Brett Williams
Jordan Black
Junior Siavii
Kris Wilson
Keyaron Fox
Samie Parker
Jared Allen [finally a good one]
DJ - a godsend
Colquitt
CrapThorpe
Boomer Grigsby
Alphonso Hodge
Will Svitek

GoHuge
10-16-2006, 02:11 PM
No matter how you slice it DV got to 2 SB's with 2 different teams and won one. that's not luck bud. CP is the reason why both Marty and DV did not succeed in KC. Both coaches will go to HOF no thanks to CP!I'm by no means a CP fan. His time has come and gone as far as I'm concerned, but you are again incorrect. He hardly handcuffed Vermeil. The one time he did he treated CP's draft pick like a red headed step child. CP gave Vermeil everything he wanted, well except Larry Johnson. Vermeil didn't want him and CP over ruled him so he pouted about it for 3 years. He should have over ruled him on guys like Eddie Freeman and Ryan Sims as well. Not to mention Vermeil's blind loyalty to his coaching staff. Loyalty is a great trait to have as a human being but in a performance base profession you've got to know when to cut a guy loose. That is what I love about Vermeil. He is a hell of a human being and really cares for people and lets them know exactly how much he cares about them. I think the world would be a much better place if we told the important people in our lives how much they mean to us. If DV didn't hire those people he may have been able to put somebody better in place quicker when there was an obvious problem with there performance rather than holding on to a friend because of there personal relationship. If he hired or drafted the best person or player rather than his friends or on there recommendations he may have been more successful as the leader of a performance based company. Part of him being a good coach was his relationship with personnel but it was also his biggest downfall. If you can't admit that your as blindly loyal as DV.

htismaqe
10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
This thread got funny after I left...

tk13
10-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm by no means a CP fan. His time has come and gone as far as I'm concerned, but you are again incorrect. He hardly handcuffed Vermeil. The one time he did he treated CP's draft pick like a red headed step child. CP gave Vermeil everything he wanted, well except Larry Johnson. Vermeil didn't want him and CP over ruled him so he pouted about it for 3 years. He should have over ruled him on guys like Eddie Freeman and Ryan Sims as well. Not to mention Vermeil's blind loyalty to his coaching staff. Loyalty is a great trait to have as a human being but in a performance base profession you've got to know when to cut a guy loose. That is what I love about Vermeil. He is a hell of a human being and really cares for people and lets them know exactly how much he cares about them. I think the world would be a much better place if we told the important people in our lives how much they mean to us. If DV didn't hire those people he may have been able to put somebody better in place quicker when there was an obvious problem with there performance rather than holding on to a friend because of there personal relationship. If he hired or drafted the best person or player rather than his friends or on there recommendations he may have been more successful as the leader of a performance based company. Part of him being a good coach was his relationship with personnel but it was also his biggest downfall. If you can't admit that your as blindly loyal as DV.
I'd disagree with part of that. Carl was the one who brought Gun back, and together they made a lot of the personnel moves we saw the last two years. That first year we didn't sign anyone and Vermeil complained and said to ask Carl why they were "cashed out", then the next offseason is when they spent a bunch of money based solely off Gunther's "list" of prized FA's. That's why this team still wouldn't be any better if Vermeil was still here. I think there was some kind of rift between Vermeil and Carl/Gunther and the coaching staff.

SNR
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
It's also worth pointing out that while I nor a lot of others aren't expecting much out of this season, it's only 5 games. We don't know if this team will or won't make the playoffs or even win a playoff game this season.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I can handle it.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104898

Wichita Lineman
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Winning season what winning season? You might as well shit in one hand and wish in the other because that's how close Herm Edwards will get the Kansas City Chiefs to a winning season.

Logical
10-16-2006, 02:47 PM
It's also worth pointing out that while I nor a lot of others aren't expecting much out of this season, it's only 5 games. We don't know if this team will or won't make the playoffs or even win a playoff game this season.Fact

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Winning season what winning season? You might as well shit in one hand and wish in the other because that's how close Herm Edwards will get the Kansas City Chiefs to a winning season.
ROFL ROFL - I love mixed metaphors. Precisely HOW CLOSE to a winning season is 'shitting in one hand and wishing in the other?'

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 02:54 PM
<i>No matter how you slice it DV got to 2 SB's with 2 different teams and won one. that's not luck bud. CP is the reason why both Marty and DV did not succeed in KC. Both coaches will go to HOF no thanks to CP!</i>

*yawn*

Dan Reeves got to 4 Super Bowls with two different teams. Marv Levy got there 4 times with one team. I suppose that makes them twice as smart as DV.

Every year two coaches become super bowl coaches. It doesn't diminish their accomplishment but it doesn't make them geniouses either. Ditka has won as many super bowls as DV. Think about that for a minute.

Brock
10-16-2006, 03:13 PM
ROFL ROFL - I love mixed metaphors. Precisely HOW CLOSE to a winning season is 'shitting in one hand and wishing in the other?'

When the chiefs removed Willie Roaf, who was one of the building blocks of the offensive line, the house of cards came tumbling down.

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
When the chiefs removed Willie Roaf, who was one of the building blocks of the offensive line, the house of cards came tumbling down.
You can't make an omlette without deciding if it's the chicken or the egg.