10-16-2006, 10:28 AM
get them experience

go 4-12

get a high draft pic

cut the old geezers

and rebuild this team

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
And this is why people on message boards post on message boards while people that coach football teams coach football teams.

Cochise
10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Ahhh, I love the smell of the first give-up thread of the year.

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
lol

This is a "special" year

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I like the idea that even if we did tank this season it would rebuild this team. A single high draft pick.

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
I like the idea that even if we did tank this season it would rebuild this team. A single high draft pick.

That is certainly not my idea.

A single high draft pic would be nice-yes.

But we have way too many holes to fill.

We just need to fill them.

|Zach|
10-16-2006, 10:41 AM
That is certainly not my idea.

A single high draft pic would be nice-yes.

But we have way too many holes to fill.

We just need to fill them.
Losing generally is the cure for what ails you. ROFL

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 10:42 AM
I can't wait until we become the Titans/49ers! Let's get the rebuilding started. PBJ

noa
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Herm likes getting young guys experience. I'm sure he'll play them plenty if our season really is lost. At this point, though, we'll stick it out and continue to play to win the game. I'm surprised how many people are ready to pack it in after losing in Pitt. Even if Trent was healthy and we still had Willie Roaf, winning in Pittsburgh isn't something you expect to do.

KCChiefsMan
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
we're 2-3, I'm sure many teams have bounced back from that to make the playoffs. We just lost badly to the Superbowl champs in their house...I'm not ready to give up just yet

Mecca
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Herm likes getting young guys experience. I'm sure he'll play them plenty if our season really is lost. At this point, though, we'll stick it out and continue to play to win the game. I'm surprised how many people are ready to pack it in after losing in Pitt. Even if Trent was healthy and we still had Willie Roaf, winning in Pittsburgh isn't something you expect to do.

I don't think many people expect the Chiefs to win these next 3 games.........2-6 is looking like reality.

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Even if Trent was healthy and we still had Willie Roaf, winning in Pittsburgh isn't something you expect to do.

I agree. Do you expect to win at home vs San Diego? vs Seattle?

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 11:14 AM
I agree. Do you expect to win at home vs San Diego? vs Seattle?

Yes and Yes!! I refuse to take my HOMER glasses off until we are 2-14. PBJ

Hound333
10-16-2006, 11:18 AM
I will continue to hope we win every game. I will continue to get pissed when we miss the play-offs again at 8-8. During the year I will be glad for every win. At the end of the year I will piss and moan about how I wish we had lost to the Cards or whoever we beat the rest of the year so our draft pick was better.

Fire Me Boy!
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes and Yes!! I refuse to take my HOMER glasses off until we are 2-14. PBJ
And even then, NEXT YEAR will be OUR year!!!

jspchief
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I like the idea that even if we did tank this season it would rebuild this team. A single high draft pick.to be fair, it's not a single high draft pick. It's a high pick in every round. That means potentially getting a solid player in the second and third round, and having an early pick in round 4 after reworking your draft board saturday night (getting a shot at guys that unexpectedly slipped).

There are a lot of good teams out there right now that built part of their team off an occasional bad season. The Pats immediately come to mind.

I'm not saying we should stop trying, but I do take issue with the notion that a poor record only nets you a single draft pick of worth.

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 11:31 AM
And even then, NEXT YEAR will be OUR year!!!

Exactly! GO CHIEFS!! PBJ

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
to be fair, it's not a single high draft pick. It's a high pick in every round. That means potentially getting a solid player in the second and third round, and having an early pick in round 4 after reworking your draft board saturday night (getting a shot at guys that unexpectedly slipped).

There are a lot of good teams out there right now that built part of their team off an occasional bad season. The Pats immediately come to mind.

I'm not saying we should stop trying, but I do take issue with the notion that a poor record only nets you a single draft pick of worth.

Yeah. What he said.

Rain Man
10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
I would never ever ever EVER play to lose, but if at some point the unthinkable should happen and we have eight losses, my starting lineup in all remaining games would be:

HB - Larry Johnson, with lots of spellings by Derrick Ross
FB - Ronnie Cruz
QB - Brodie Croyle
WR - Jeff Webb (I like what I've seen of him so far)
WR - Samie Parker
TE - Tony Gonzalez (maybe give Kendall Gammon some reps just for fun)
LT - Will Svitek
LG - Brian Waters
C - Casey Wiegman
RG - Jordan Black, with cameos by Will Shields unless he agrees to come back next year
RT - Kevin Sampson
K - Lawrence Tynes
P - Dustin Colquitt (but I'd let Willie Roaf punt if he would agree to come back next year)
FS - Jarrad Page
SS - Bernard Pollard
CB - Ty Law, with spellings by Sapp
CB - Patrick Surtain
OLB - Derrick Johnson, with spellings by Scanlon
OLB - Key Fox
MLB - Kawika Mitchell, with spellings by Grigsby
DE - Tamba Hali
DE - Jared Allen, with spellings by Wilkerson
DT - Jimmy Wilkerson, with spellings by Ron Edwards
DT - James Reed

JBucc
10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Once we're out of the playoffs mathamatically, which should be by week 11 or so, then we can start all the young guys we want, but I don't want to throw games on purpose.