PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs game confession thread

Nzoner
10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
This is the place to cleanse yourself to let the guilt out of maybe not being the homer you thought you were.

It's okay this is a safe place no one will judge you here so feel free to tell all about what you were really doing during yesterday's blowout.

Did you turn the tv off,leave the game on but only check in from time to time,did you switch to another game or did you denounce your faith in the team.

It's okay to let it all out because next week is a new week and the Chiefs should be underdogs at home and by mid week we can once again look ahead to the possibility of being 3-3.

My confession:Forgive me for I put the Chiefs game on one of the small tv's with no sound after the score was 28-0 and put the Phins @ Jets on the big screen so I could cheer for a fantasy player and the over on the game.

ROYC75
10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
I stopped watching after 21 - 0 and went into my office to do some paperwork, I had done seen enough.......

wilas101
10-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I went to sleep at 14-0 and woke up right before the halftime.

Left the game on but sat at the computer ignoring it until my 9 year old started yelling for me to come and see Larry Johnson's tackle.

I told him that if LJ made a tackle it was a play that I didn't really want to witness but he insisted because he thought it was funny the he pulled Palamalou (sp?) down by his hair.

I did agree that the hair tackle was quite funny after I saw it. :)

burt
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I AM AN UNBELIEVABLE HOMER. I watched the entire game...drank lots of Crown. At half-time I felt that I needed a rally cap...or something, so I shaved my head down to a mohawk. Didn't help. I shaved the mohawk of after the game. My kids thought it was pretty cool. Passed out during Denver game.

runnercyclist
10-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I sat through the entire 60 minutes in person.

The outcome was not unexpected.

KCChiefsFan88
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
I listened to the entire game via the radio feed over the Internet. I'm sick

Dartgod
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
After they went up 28-0, I said (yelled) " **** IT!, I'm not watching this shit anymore!" I then went downstairs, removed my jersey and hat, and put on some non-Chiefs clothing. I was back upstairs five minutes later and watched the rest of the game.

boogblaster
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Watch most of it..fell asleep after the TD..dreaming about removing slober-jaws head after he threw the red hankie..fricking worm.....

FAX
10-16-2006, 09:41 AM
I farted in Herm's general direction.

FAX

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I kept watching...looking for SOMETHING to be proud of and came up with 3 things 1)Jared's amazing tackle 2)LJ's amazing tackle 3)Not getting shut out.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
After they went up 28-0, I said (yelled) " **** IT!, I'm not watching this shit anymore!" I then went downstairs, removed my jersey and hat, and put on some non-Chiefs clothing. I was back upstairs five minutes later and watched the rest of the game.

LMAO Yea I tried to walk away too. :cuss: If this is the direction the season is going I see myself watching a lot less football in general.

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I kept watching...looking for SOMETHING to be proud of and came up with 3 things 1)Jared's amazing tackle 2)LJ's amazing tackle 3)Not getting shut out.

Don't forget Hali, he looked great.

Reerun_KC
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I watched it all and kept telling myself, Damn the Jets are lucky they got rid of this TARD of a coach...

It was like watching the 90's all over agian.

TrickyNicky
10-16-2006, 09:48 AM
After they picked us off and LJ cavemanned Polamalu I was about to punch the TV, but then I saw the game for what it truly was. A self-deprecating comedy. It was hilarious, everything we did was so horrible that it was actually funny. From the replay showing the deflection actually went off I-65's dome and how the announcer described it as a carom cracked me up. Then the rest of the game we got to see the D try to tackle a team that out-played them top to bottom, totally getting blown up and destroyed at the LOS. It was hilarious watching them chase the ball carrier like a bad Benny Hill sketch.

noa
10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I took off my Derrick Johnson jersey after we were down 21-0. I figured that might help turn our luck around, because clearly, wearing it was not helping.

Logical
10-16-2006, 09:49 AM
After 28-0 I started watching a TIVO's CSI and checking fantasy stats on the Net.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Watched it eat Chili drank beer, fell asleep in 2nd half

woke up to the fact STL Channel 4 switched it to Jets game in the 4th Q?

Tatertot13
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I quit watching after the first quarter. I saw the score from time to time while following LJ on one of my fantasy teams.

steelyeyed57
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
I used to have a real problem yelling and cursing at the television, but I have been really good for say the past four or five years. I had a major relapse yesterday, and as a result my wife wouldn't speak to me the rest of the evening, and the dog thought I was mad at her. I didn't quit watching until the 2 minute warning in the fourth.

DaFace
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
I had the game recorded on my DVR since I had a prior engagement until around 5. When I came home, I was trying to quickly catch up, so it only took me a few minutes of watching things in fast-forward for the score to shoot up to 14-0. After that happened, I had a sick feeling in my stomach about it and allowed myself to hit the "view live tv" button. The score immediately became 31-0, and I turned it off.

That's about as bad as I've ever been. I probably only watched 15 minutes of the game.

Ketchup&Mustard
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I am usually one of the people who watches the game, and won't even change the channel during a commercial, because I don't want to miss anything. I watched us get smacked around for the first quarter, and then work called and asked if I wanted to go in for a few hours. I actually volunteered to go to work rather than watch the rest of the game. Didn't even listen to it on the radio.

Nzoner
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM
LMAO Yea I tried to walk away too. :cuss: If this is the direction the season is going I see myself watching a lot less football in general.

IF this is the direction the season is going in all I can say is Thank God for fantasy football.

siberian khatru
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I've been busy moving into a new house. I was already dead tired when the game began. When it was 28-0, I went and took a nap, and didn't return until the Steelers were 4th-and-goal at the 1.

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
What's this weak shit?!
The maddest I got was when they announced our game 'well in hand' and switched to the NY/Miami game.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Watched the whole thing... and cheered wildly when LJ took hold of Polamalu's hair.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Watched it eat Chili drank beer, fell asleep in 2nd half

woke up to the fact STL Channel 4 switched it to Jets game in the 4th Q?
Is that the liquid evil chili? Wudja think?

Bowser
10-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I never once got pissed or yelled. I just watched with stunned awe, especially when they showed that the Steelers racked up 300+ yards in the first half to our 45 or so.

I was pretty ambivalent through the whole thing. That's pretty sad.

Count Zarth
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I watched every goddamn minute. When CBS switched, I got on my PC and watched DaFace's sopcast.

I'm addicted to Chiefs football, good or bad.

morphius
10-16-2006, 10:15 AM
The Vermeil Era pretty much broke me of cussing at the TV, though I may still cuss online...

I sat through the whole damn thing, just shaking my head. I'm honestly doubting that the Chiefs will win a SB in my lifetime.

Bowser
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
The Vermeil Era pretty much broke me of cussing at the TV, though I may still cuss online...

I sat through the whole damn thing, just shaking my head. I'm honestly doubting that the Chiefs will win a SB in my lifetime.

Peterson will be gone in a few years......

:fire:

FAX
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I watched every goddamn minute. When CBS switched, I got on my PC and watched DaFace's sopcast.

I'm addicted to Chiefs football, good or bad.

Same here, Mr. GoChiefs. I have to admit, though, I found myself starting to laugh somewhere around halftime. The game went from surreal to devastating to hilarious in less than two quarters.

What a butt kicking. Still, you have to admit that Herm was 100% right when he said that the Steelers would be ready to play.

FAX

Molitoth
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Shut off the TV when it was 14-0. I knew a comeback wasn't happening the way they were playing.

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 10:29 AM
What's this weak shit?!
The maddest I got was when they announced our game 'well in hand' and switched to the NY/Miami game.

That is the reason I got rid of Direct TV last year, they did the same thing numerous times. The thrashing of Cincinatti was the last straw. Now, that I have them back, they keep the game on the HD channels even if it is carried locally like channel 2 yesterday. For some reason they only black out the low def channels if carried locally, yesterday it was 713.

My confession: I sat threw every second of that humiliation, drinking and cussing.

Frazod
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Shut off the TV when it was 14-0. I knew a comeback wasn't happening the way they were playing.
Same here. I also TiVo'd the Cardinals game since I had that feeling of impending doom; checked the score later and obviously didn't watch that one, either. If one team I root for gets crushed, and another team I root for is playing later in the day, the other team always seems to get crushed as well. I'm just lucky that way.

So I played computer games and basically hid from the world.

What a f#cked up day, and weekend in general. Here's a big 4321 to the Tigers and Chiefs (the Cards get something of a pass because they managed to win a game before getting asspounded yesterday).

:cuss:

morphius
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Peterson will be gone in a few years......

:fire:
Oh, I know he will be. But damn, it isn't like we showed anything much before him either and with our luck we will just move one of the other guys up instead of hiring outside.

4th and Long
10-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Whilst having a fit about the game, I accidentally spilled some food on my jersey. The normal guilt I feel when this happens did not manifest itself.

carlos3652
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
No Joke,

I predicted a 35-0 halftime deficit with a stunning 2nd half comeback to win it 42-38 (I was joking with my future bro in law -bears fan) - The 2nd half comeback never happened...

I watched it stunned until it was Croyle under the helm... (38-7)

Turned to Xbox 360, played a split screen call of duty with 3 other guys...

kaplin42
10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I watched the entire game with a good friend of mine...Jack Daniels. We laughed, we cried, well, we cried is pretty much it.

wolfpack0735
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
i was watching it atthe hospital with my two sons and daughter-n-law. i was at the hospital seeing my first granddaughter. it was getting late and raing so we left at half. at least i saw my first granddaughter.

morphius
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
i was watching it atthe hospital with my two sons and daughter-n-law. i was at the hospital seeing my first granddaughter. it was getting late and raing so we left at half. at least i saw my first granddaughter.
Congrats on the Granddaughter!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I watched the whole atrocity, and started rooting for gratuitous Steeler injuries halfway through. The football f*cks rewarded me with Ronnie Cruz shredding his knee.

CosmicPal
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi, my name is CosmicPal. I'm a Chiefaholic.

It all started with my first memories as a child. The next thing I know I'm buried in red clothing and shouting chants at a stadium filled with strangers. It was all downhill from there.

InChiefsHell
10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I actually was pissed for the first 14 points, became numb and realized we were done at the 21st point, and actually laughed when they scored the 28th point. THankfully, my son's team had a game and I am an assistant coach, so I had to leave at the half. Darn.

...my son's team won. Thank God...

oldandslow
10-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Same here. I also TiVo'd the Cardinals game since I had that feeling of impending doom; checked the score later and obviously didn't watch that one, either. If one team I root for gets crushed, and another team I root for is playing later in the day, the other team always seems to get crushed as well. I'm just lucky that way.

So I played computer games and basically hid from the world.

What a f#cked up day, and weekend in general. Here's a big 4321 to the Tigers and Chiefs (the Cards get something of a pass because they managed to win a game before getting asspounded yesterday).

:cuss:

What he said. Although I did watch every inning of that horrible bb game.

ExtremeChief
10-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I watched the whole sumbitch. Was hungover and didn't feel like drinking. I made some damn good chili though, so it wasn't a total loss. Oh, and I had Pittsburgh defense on one of my fantasy leagues.

****ers!

Bob Dole
10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Bob Dole watched the entire game and cancelled his auction bid on a ticket for next week's game.

The upside of the asskicking is that tickets ought to be readily available for $20 in the parking lot next Sunday.

JBucc
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I watched all the game that CBS showed, which was about half of it, then when I heard Croyle was in I turned on the SopCast and saw his two int's then turned it off.

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM

How do you think I feel? I've been continuously disappointed for almost 40 years.

kc rush
10-16-2006, 11:56 AM
At the pass play that led to 7-0 I yelled "Come-on", and had to explain to my 4 year old why I keep watching even though the Chiefs make me mad.

At 14-0 I threw my hat at the TV and pounded my fist into the couch a couple of times.

At 21-0 I yelled at the TV and made the baby cry. I also got up and started to do some work around the house to distract myself a bit.

At 28-0 I kicked the couch, turned off the TV and did some work in the garage.

I didn't have anything else to do with the game until I got in the car to run an errand. I turned on the radio long enough to hear that Croyle was in, and I turned it off after his pick-6.

It wasn't worth the frustration, and it wasn't worth having to explain to kids the ranting and ravings of a lunatic.

Predarat
10-16-2006, 12:02 PM
I went out into the middile of the street and shouted profanities. Then I went to my neighbors car that had a Steelers flag flying and I keyed the m'fer.

morphius
10-16-2006, 12:03 PM
How do you think I feel? I've been continuously disappointed for almost 40 years.
Yeah, but you were able to watch the SB game, I got the F'n 80's!!!

FAX
10-16-2006, 12:03 PM
At the pass play that led to 7-0 I yelled "Come-on", and had to explain to my 4 year old why I keep watching even though the Chiefs make me mad.

At 14-0 I threw my hat at the TV and pounded my fist into the couch a couple of times.

At 21-0 I yelled at the TV and made the baby cry. I also got up and started to do some work around the house to distract myself a bit.

At 28-0 I kicked the couch, turned off the TV and did some work in the garage.

I didn't have anything else to do with the game until I got in the car to run an errand. I turned on the radio long enough to hear that Croyle was in, and I turned it off after his pick-6.

It wasn't worth the frustration, and it wasn't worth having to explain to kids the ranting and ravings of a lunatic.

ROFL

FAX

boogblaster
10-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Im still pissed..my dog is pissed too..forgot to feed him.....

kc rush
10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
ROFL

FAX

Wasn't too funny at the time. What can you do. :shrug:

As bad as this sucks, at least its not raider bad. Its no wonder crime is so high in Oakland.

ZepSinger
10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
At 21-0, I turned the TV off, turned on some relaxing jazz, and played a game with the kids. I have a feeling there'll be many more 'Family Time' Sundays to come... :shake:

Z

FAX
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Wasn't too funny at the time. What can you do. :shrug:

As bad as this sucks, at least its not raider bad. Its no wonder crime is so high in Oakland.

Wasn't laughing at you, Mr. kc rush. I assure you.

It's just that you so accurately described the way I've spent many, many Sundays as a Chiefs fan.

I view yesterday's disaster as a test of Herm as a coach. His Chiefs have come out flat in three games so far, at least by my count. I am very interested in seeing how he gets them to respond after this debacle. Maybe all Chiefs babies everywhere will catch a break next week.

FAX

kc rush
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Wasn't laughing at you, Mr. kc rush. I assure you.

It's just that you so accurately described the way I've spent many, many Sundays as a Chiefs fan.

I view yesterday's disaster as a test of Herm as a coach. His Chiefs have come out flat in three games so far, at least by my count. I am very interested in seeing how he gets them to respond after this debacle. Maybe all Chiefs babies everywhere will catch a break next week.

FAX

Hopefully the embarrassement factor kicks in and they play to the best of their ability.

I have to speak with a coleague in San Diego this week, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Robo-Chachi
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
I spent the 2nd half flipping between the game and Bad Santa.

Jilly
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I changed clothes, thinking that it MUST have been that I was uncomfortable (still wearing the church clothes) and that's they were losing.

crispystl420
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I took off my Derrick Johnson jersey after we were down 21-0. I figured that might help turn our luck around, because clearly, wearing it was not helping.

Yep the old take the jersey off trick.