PDA

View Full Version : Who do we keep on Oline next year?

el borracho
10-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Looking forward just a bit, who should be invited back to our Oline in 2007?

noa
10-16-2006, 11:42 AM
LT = Svitek/Sampson, LG = Waters, C = Wiegman RG = Black RT = Welbourne

Ebolapox
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
we hope and pray that Darrell jackson has sex with walter jones' wife and he demands a trade to the chiefs

banyon
10-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Waters and start over.

el borracho
10-16-2006, 11:57 AM
My guess:

LT- Rookie
LG- Waters
C- Wiegman
RG- Rookie
RT- Svitek

KCFalcon59
10-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Waters
Wiegman
Shields if he wants to come back

The rest for potential backup roles. We need 2 new tackles and a new guard to take Will Shields place when he retires.

wolfpack0735
10-16-2006, 12:07 PM
waters and weigman

Mr. Laz
10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
invite them all back ........ but we should still do our best to improve the position in the offseason.

2nd thought ...... invite them all except for bober, he's pretty stinky.

shields and turley prolly retire.

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Get ready for Jordan Black, RG.

kc rush
10-16-2006, 12:44 PM
I'd invite all but Bober and Black back. Shields will probably retire though and Wegman probably isn't too far behind.

jspchief
10-16-2006, 12:50 PM
invite them all back ........ but we should still do our best to improve the position in the offseason.

This is pretty much my position. It's not like you can just scrap an entire O-line and replace it it with a better one. Half the teams in the league need upgrades at the majority of their O-line positions.

If there is anyone good out there, go get them, and cut guys accordingly.

el borracho
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Waters
Wiegman
Shields if he wants to come back

The rest for potential backup roles. We need 2 new tackles and a new guard to take Will Shields place when he retires.
Shields has already thought about retirement and will be 36 next year. I don't expect him back.

el borracho
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Get ready for Jordan Black, RG.
Jordan Black = John Browning, just good enough to hang around for years and never really excell. I think most of us would be ok with giving him a look at G and that makes sense from a coaches point of view because it would be one less rookie starting on the line. While I do hope we draft a ton of linemen next year I realize it would be foolish to start too many rookies on the line so I would be fine with trying Black at G.

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Waters and start over.

That was my thoughts as well. If Shields and Wiegman want to play next year I'll take them as well. I think Shields will be gone. Not as sure about Wiegman, but he's getting up there age-wise as well. I sure don't want to count on Welbourne. The guy has been servicable at best and I think it will only be a matter of time before he gets nailed again and gets a year's suspension. What is Welbourn's contract situation anyway? How many years/how much $ do we have left with him?

We need 2 OTs. If Shields goes, a G as well. Would would be nice is is Shields and Casey would stick around another year and let us get two OTs, then go after a G & C the next season. We need an OT in the first round (and not a project/reach either - the best LT on the board period). Then, use our second rounder on a RT or pick up a good RT through FA. We really need a stud WR, but until the OL is fixed, that's a luxury we can't utilize anyway.

Let the rest of the O Linemen we have now fight it out for backup spots.

I wonder how many OL we passed over while using high draft picks on D players that didn't pan out.

kc rush
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I wonder how many OL we passed over while using high draft picks on D players that didn't pan out.

Thats the depressing part. Really, how many players - any position - did we pass over for the D players that haven't panned out.

How much did it set us back when we re-signed Bartee, Woods and Wesley. How much did it set us back when we gave a big contract to Warfield.

While there have been some good moves by the team, the bad ones have had a long lasting effect.

Mecca
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
There are so many holes on this team....other than RB, S, LB, and DE provided they resign Allen this team is going to have to take the best player available. There are major holes all over the field, offense is glaring right now.

Iowanian
10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
If I were king.....Waters would be about it, with the potential of the young guys.

We know the OTs suck....black sucks, Turley won't get it done and isn't the long term answer, Sampson is average at best......Shields age is apparent......I don't know what happend to Weigeman, but he's really dropped off this year.

I start with Brian Waters to Anchor the Oline and work towards starting over. It doesn't need patched, it needs overhauled.