PDA

View Full Version : OK, so we had a bad game!

Frankie
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
In this crazy NFL there are those days. Granted, rare for the elite, but we are not among the elite,.. yet. We walked into a beehive. The defending Superbowl champs who had had three consecutive subpar outings. They were due to explode. We were just at a bad place in a bad time. Add to it the fact that with all the Pitt injuries being advertised during the week we all started believing that we were the better team. Aod, another Chiefs forum some poor sap posted a poll as to what quarter would Cowher pull Rottenburger in favor of Batch! This is the attitude that we the fans all (more or less) shared. We have not been with a winner long enough to be mature fans about these things. We still think our coming back against a poor Cardinals team makes us potential Superbowl winners. Then quickly we totally reverse that by losing a bad karma game. I bet our players, as a team, share in the immaturity of thinking that Pitt was ripe for taking and all we had to do was to show up in white jerseys and red pants. I bet they all heard the murmurs about how bad Pitt was all of a sudden. I just hope they are a bit more mature than us fans so as not to allow this loss get into their heads as impending doom. Yes, the Steelers kicked us out of our pants yesterday. But sh*t happens. Especially in this crazy NFL. remember how Denver started last season with getting blown out? Pitt is NOT 5+ TDs better than us. We are still building. Slower than most of us would like. But we surely are building. Nobody expected the two most important players (in my book anyway), Green and Roaf not to play for us this year. We are one dominant DT short of a great 'D.' I briefly dreamed superbowl befor the season started. But I was immature. This is a rebuilding year. Let's enjoy the wins without turning them into dreams of immediate glory and lets not turn losses into nightmares of gloom.

noa
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I think this is exactly what Herm is going to say. Anything can happen in the NFL. We can get blown out by Pitt and still beat San Diego at home the next week if we play better. No reason to abandon all hope, just reason to be embarassed about not showing up to play for one game.

Frankie
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
But will our team react to embarrassment as Pitt did? If we do we have taken a big step toward team maturity.

Robo-Chachi
10-16-2006, 12:23 PM
You think this is a rebuilding year? Trent Green, Will Shields, Ty Law, Sammy Knight, Eddie Kennison, Casey Weigmann...all these guys are close to collecting pension checks. The rebuilding is just about to begin.

Frankie
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
You think this is a rebuilding year? Trent Green, Will Shields, Ty Law, Sammy Knight, Eddie Kennison, Casey Weigmann...all these guys are close to collecting pension checks. The rebuilding is just about to begin.
Yes, this "a" rebuilding year. Whether it ends up being "the" rebuilding year is yet to be determined. But we have a good group of young players in already and no reason to believe Herm's draft won't be as good. Most of the "old" players that you mentioned have more than just this year in the tank. that should help the rebuilding/transition process.

Mecca
10-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Yes, this "a" rebuilding year. Whether it ends up being "the" rebuilding year is yet to be determined. But we have a good group of young players in already and no reason to believe Herm's draft won't be as good. Most of the "old" players that you mentioned have more than just this year in the tank. that should help the rebuilding/transition process.

If this is a rebuilding year then Ty Law shouldn't have been signed and a bunch of players that are on this team should have been cut before the year started. There are to many players on the wrong side of 30 on this roster for it to be a "rebuilding" year.

This was the "we think we have 1 more year" year and well it appears that thought was wrong. Rebuilding begins AFTER this year.

With age and general lack of ability this team has a ton of holes...there isn't a great group of young players there's some here and there.

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
If this is a rebuilding year then Ty Law shouldn't have been signed and a bunch of players that are on this team should have been cut before the year started. There are to many players on the wrong side of 30 on this roster for it to be a "rebuilding" year.

This was the "we think we have 1 more year" year and well it appears that thought was wrong. Rebuilding begins AFTER this year.

With age and general lack of ability this team has a ton of holes...there isn't a great group of young players there's some here and there.
I forget, did Law sign before or after Roaf retired? Before or after Green got his brainpan scrambled?

Mecca
10-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I forget, did Law sign before or after Roaf retired? Before or after Green got his brainpan scrambled?

That wasn't my point. He said this was a rebuilding year so I pointed out how it wasn't. The Roaf and Green points even further show the Chiefs did not view this as a rebuilding year.

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
That wasn't my point. He said this was a rebuilding year so I pointed out how it wasn't. The Roaf and Green points even further show the Chiefs did not view this as a rebuilding year.
I believe 'is' is the PRESENT form of 'to be.'

Frankie
10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
If the word "rebuilding" is so black or white to you I'll call this year a rebuilding/transition year. Meaning we were not supposed to "rebuild" a lot and some players were brought in to take a chance at the big dance while transition is on its way. There.... I stand corrected. Happy now?