PDA

View Full Version : So why was the field so slippery?

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Did Cowher have them spray cooking spray on the field? Was this a page out of New England's book from a few years ago when Indy was coming to town? Did the Chiefs have the right shoes on? What were the Steelers wearing?
Third and long on Pitts first drive, Ty Law slips, game over. I know, they stomped the crap out of us, but just curious what everyone thinks about the slippery field.

Mecca
10-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Pittsburghs had a bad field for awhile......if you watch alot of their games it happens pretty much every week.

JBucc
10-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Their field crew sucks. Simple as that.

Sully
10-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Steelers guys were slipping, too.

Fire Me Boy!
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
KY in the sprinkler system.

PastorMikH
10-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Just took a look at the weather for Pittsburgh and there was no rainfall going as far back as friday afternoon. It was also partly cloudy friday and saturday. I'm thinking that if that field was wet and/or slippery, it had to be by design rather than local weather.

jspchief
10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
I didn't see the slippery field keep the Steelers from dropping 48 points on us, so I'm not sure what the relevance is.

Kyle401
10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sure it was slippery because the entire Chiefs team took a big Raiduhs on it during the game.

NaptownChief
10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it was slippery because the entire Chiefs team took a big Raiduhs on it during the game.

I thought it was because the entire team and coaching staff pissed their pants when they stepped onto the field but you could be right.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Not making excuses for their field, but the weather around here has been awkward. It has been seasonal during the day and unusually unseasonal at night with the grass getting frost. That makes it pretty much slick all day. It could be a mix of that and bad field keepers.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
The reason the field is so slippery is that the Steelers share that field with the University of Pittsburgh's football team. I'm told that by the middle of the NFL season, that field is little more than a dirt box.

The Chiefs players/team managers should have changed everyone's cleats to compensate. I'm not sure why this didn't happen.

StcChief
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Do they have any grounds crew, the lost the Cheerleaders?

and from the game /pre game shots
atheletic good looking cheerleader type chicks are
in short supply there.... :p

JBucc
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
The reason the field is so slippery is that the Steelers share that field with the University of Pittsburgh's football team. I'm told that by the middle of the NFL season, that field is little more than a dirt box.

Sounds a lot like this other stadium in the midwest where that football team always messes up the field for the soccer team, what was that place called again....?

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Just took a look at the weather for Pittsburgh and there was no rainfall going as far back as friday afternoon. It was also partly cloudy friday and saturday. I'm thinking that if that field was wet and/or slippery, it had to be by design rather than local weather.

It has been done before.

I didn't see the slippery field keep the Steelers from dropping 48 points on us, so I'm not sure what the relevance is.

I thought it was 45 but if you read the thread header, I asked opinions about equipment. Hint, they make different shoes for different field conditions.

KingPriest2
10-16-2006, 01:42 PM

The Chiefs players/team managers should have changed everyone's cleats to compensate. I'm not sure why this didn't happen.

The bad thing is the Chiefs "Players" were told before hand by the Chiefs staff to change their spikes and they never did

Got this today on 810 Crunch Time

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
The bad thing is the Chiefs "Players" were told before hand by the Chiefs staff to change their spikes and they never did

Got this today on 810 Crunch Time

that is what I was hoping to find out