PDA

View Full Version : ****Official Chargers vs Chiefs Prediction thread****

Logical
10-16-2006, 05:11 PM
My upset of the year prediction.

I think Marty will revert to Martyball and the Chiefs will breakout.

Chiefs 27 Chargers 17

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Chargers - 24
Chiefs - 20

Hate doing it, too =(

*I might change my mind later in the week*

KcMizzou
10-16-2006, 05:14 PM

Chiefs 27 Chargers 17If that happens, I won't know what the hell to think.

Chargers : 23
Chiefs: 17

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, I will be convinced they are playoff bound once Green returns.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Chargers 27
Chiefs 14

SPchief
10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Lets just make sure that Logical starts the game thread. mmkaay?

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
20-13KC

boogblaster
10-16-2006, 05:57 PM
13-10 Chiefs...embarresed by the Pitt-Powders the Chiefs will come to play sunday....

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Chiefs will win, Planet goes from looking at draft picks to Super Bowl predictions.

And chiefsfan1963 will bump all of this threads and still get a woody over DV/AS.

chiefsfan1963
10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Chargers will not lose. This is Marty's year, his GM holds his feet to the fire and he finally gives up MartyBall.

Count Zarth
10-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Chiefs 23, Chargers 7

JBucc
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
There's no way in hell we have another performance like yesterday. I think we'll open up the offense some at home and give LJ a little more room to run. I guess Welbourne will be back? and I'm hoping Turley will be healthy for at least this week. Herm must be extremely dissappointed at the secondary and he'll work them over this week and be ready for Keenan McCardell and whoever else they have at WR. It seems LT always sucks in Arrowhead for whatever reason. That leaves Antonio Gates. Who's going to stop him? My guess is nobody but TG will step up in the presence of his successor to the "best TE in the NFL" title and have a big game. Chiefs get a close win 24-23 with a last minute Tynes FG. I hope that all made sense.

Count Zarth
10-16-2006, 06:48 PM
We know how to stop Gates. We shut him down last year at Arrowhead.

JBucc
10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
We know how to stop Gates. We shut him down last year at Arrowhead.Fifty Yards and a TD isn't exactly "shutting him down".

Warrior5
10-16-2006, 07:04 PM
SD 27
KC 10
:banghead:

Count Zarth
10-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Fifty Yards and a TD isn't exactly "shutting him down".

That was San Diego's ONLY score that day.

We know how to stop him. We've got the people to do it.

Skip Towne
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Marty kicks our butt. He has better players.

Easy 6
10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Marty kicks our butt. He has better players.
Only at DT IM Very Honest O Skip, i cant see where they really outclass us otherwise....cept maybe FB.

Logical
10-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Only at DT IM Very Honest O Skip, i cant see where they really outclass us otherwise....cept maybe FB.Don't forget WR

CupidStunt
10-17-2006, 02:29 AM
San Diego 27
KC 3

ChiefFan31
10-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Oooff. This is a tough one.

Chiefs 17
Chargers 13

I have to believe being back at home will energize this team. We will rebound and surprise the Chargers. They arent invicible.

This is a tough week for me. The Bolts fans out here are getting pretty cocky. I am just going to keep my mouth shut. I KNOW we are a much different team at home.

That front 7 of the Chargers scare me. Other than that, we can handle the rest IMO. Well, our safeties might want to actually cover somebody this weekend if we are going to have any chance at winning.

CupidStunt
10-17-2006, 04:45 AM

Chiefs 27 Chargers 17

27 points? :hmmm:

I can't see our shitty offense putting 7 points on that Chargers defense.

Huard will be taking a dirt nap by half time and that means Brod.... um, yeah.

Inspector
10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
I think I need another day or two to feel much confidence again.

They are a different home team and that could very well do it.

I'm going to give this a try:

Chiefs - 10
Chargers - 6

(It's hard to type with my fingers crossed)

bigpimpingchief
10-17-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm just hoping for a win because I'm actually going to be flying in from PA for that game. I hope I bring some good luck with me because i'll definately be loud (and drunk :) )

greg63
10-17-2006, 06:12 AM
Let's see; San D Eggo destroys Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh annihilates KC....there is only one conclusion tom draw from this...

KC has Rich Scanlon play all twenty-two positions and we obliterate San D Eggo. :p :D

Hiawatha
10-17-2006, 06:28 AM
I believe that next week we will celebrate again. Trent will return, and a new life will be the breath of air the Chiefs need.
Sadly, this week the Dolts will kick every part of our butts, and it will hurt like hell. I hate santa-Ego......Chargers 35...Chiefs 10

Hound333
10-17-2006, 06:34 AM
SD - 30
KC - 10

siberian khatru
10-17-2006, 07:29 AM
KC 17
SD 16

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Don't forget WR
And LB.

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 07:42 AM
SD-34
KC-13

Dartgod
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Rookie QB + Arrowhead Stadium = Chiefs win.

It won't be pretty, but I think we'll pull this one off.

Chiefs - 20
Sandy Eggo - 19

Logical
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
And LB.I think we are close at LB

Logical
10-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Bump

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Bump
It is Wednesday...time to talk football IMO.

Mecca
10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Only at DT IM Very Honest O Skip, i cant see where they really outclass us otherwise....cept maybe FB.

I hope you are joking....they're 1st in defense and 3rd in offense. They obviously have alot of better players than we do at this point in time.

Mecca
10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Rookie QB + Arrowhead Stadium = Chiefs win.

It won't be pretty, but I think we'll pull this one off.

Chiefs - 20
Sandy Eggo - 19

He's not really a rookie.......

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I hope you are joking....they're 1st in defense and 3rd in offense. They obviously have alot of better players than we do at this point in time.
No...not really, outside of DT i dont see a clear advantage.

Mecca
10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
No...not really, outside of DT i dont see a clear advantage.

They're basically better offensivly at every position........comparing 3-4 and 4-3 isn't exactly a great comparison but for what they do they're front 7 is better than ours. The only position you could say the Chiefs are better at is corner.

FAX
10-18-2006, 07:00 PM
The way this season is going, it's either going to be Chiefs 40, Dolts 0 or Chiefs 0, Dolts 38.

It's an AA 40 year anniversary coin flip.

FAX

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 07:02 PM
They're basically better offensivly at every position........comparing 3-4 and 4-3 isn't exactly a great comparison but for what they do they're front 7 is better than ours. The only position you could say the Chiefs are better at is corner.
Kennison & crew arent world beaters, but do you think Keenan & co. are better?? I'm pretty sure Eddie has matched Keenan the last couple o' years. Gates is faster than Tony, but Tony has vet smarts that Antonio will need several more years to develop. I like our O line better than theirs any ol' day. RB's= push. Ferriman hits harder but DJ is faster and more athletic and its a draw with the rest IMO. Our DE's, though made for diff purposes are just as productive as well. To me that just leaves us weak at DT.

ROYC75
10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
An asswhoop'n last week, home crowd, Rivers 1st trip to KC as starting QB,Marty in town ?

Even after last weeks embarrasment, I say we see alot more single coverage on SD WR's, we don't get burnt so much.......

KC wins a squeaker ...... 17 - 13

Mecca
10-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Kennison & crew arent world beaters, but do you think Keenan & co. are better?? I'm pretty sure Eddie has matched Keenan the last couple o' years. Gates is faster than Tony, but Tony has vet smarts that Antonio will need several more years to develop. I like our O line better than theirs any ol' day. RB's= push. Ferriman hits harder but DJ is faster and more athletic and its a draw with the rest IMO. Our DE's, though made for diff purposes are just as productive as well. To me that just leaves us weak at DT.

You could almost call the WR's a push if you ask me but I don't think anyone takes Gonzalez over Gates anymore. Gates is clearly better at this current time. Our oline has been god awful this year, one of the worst.....

LB's like Merriman are more valuable than Derrick Johnson.....

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
You could almost call the WR's a push if you ask me but I don't think anyone takes Gonzalez over Gates anymore. Gates is clearly better at this current time. Our oline has been god awful this year, one of the worst.....

LB's like Merriman are more valuable than Derrick Johnson.....
Gates vs. Gonzo is a matter of weighing attributes, gates hands are no better and he's not half the blocker Gonzo is and while he's a better leaper at this point he still does not have the game day knowledge of Tony. As for ferriman that is strictly your opinion, your welcome to it, but i'll be fine with DJ's speed. O line??? I believe we see their best game of the year this week, these guys are pro's and they just got slapped. They will be on fire.

Hiawatha
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Gates vs. Gonzo is a matter of weighing attributes, gates hands are no better and he's not half the blocker Gonzo is and while he's a better leaper at this point he still does not have the game day knowledge of Tony. As for ferriman that is strictly your opinion, your welcome to it, but i'll be fine with DJ's speed. O line??? I believe we see their best game of the year this week, these guys are pro's and they just got slapped. They will be on fire.

I do agree that the Chiefs will have a better game than they did with the Steelers. I don't know if I agree about the comparisons that you all have about their players against ours. Overall...I'd have to say that the Chargers are more talented that my chiefs. The good news is...You don't win football games on talent alone. Without Trent, we are at a huge disadvantage. Without Roaf...we are at a bigger disadvantage. We are better on special teams....and that is where I think we can beat the Dolts. They are deep on the D-Line, and they disguise what they do better than they did last year. We could get blown out...OR we could win because of the ST...but Huard isn't gonna beat them alone...and Johnson isn't gonna beat them alone, and TG isn't gonna beat them alone. It's gonna take a perfect team effort to win this game. This game is scarey.

Count Zarth
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Go watch the Chargers. Their line blows ours away right now. They've really been playing well.

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Go watch the Chargers. Their line blows ours away right now. They've really been playing well.
The dolts LT did look solid against pitt, but pitt doesnt have Jared at DE, they have bigger, slower guys who cant rush the passer nearly as well. I'll take our interior O line any day of the week, especially this week when they've been insulted. We are at home and will get their best game of the year. Look for some false start penalties from eggo due to the thunder of Arrowheads 12th man as well.

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I do agree that the Chiefs will have a better game than they did with the Steelers. I don't know if I agree about the comparisons that you all have about their players against ours. Overall...I'd have to say that the Chargers are more talented that my chiefs. The good news is...You don't win football games on talent alone. Without Trent, we are at a huge disadvantage. Without Roaf...we are at a bigger disadvantage. We are better on special teams....and that is where I think we can beat the Dolts. They are deep on the D-Line, and they disguise what they do better than they did last year. We could get blown out...OR we could win because of the ST...but Huard isn't gonna beat them alone...and Johnson isn't gonna beat them alone, and TG isn't gonna beat them alone. It's gonna take a perfect team effort to win this game. This game is scarey.
DONT BE AFEARED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halfcan
10-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Chiefs 38 SD 10

bringbackmarty
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
We generally play well vs 3-4 defenses, lots of rushing yards, our defense will decide if we win or not, if we hold them to few posessions, get a turnover or two off the rookie, and run the ball effectively we will win.

ChargerBolt
10-19-2006, 12:07 AM
I honestly don't see a single advantage the Chiefs have over SD in the personnel department. Jammer vs Law at this point in time, maybe slight edge to Law. Of course Jammer is 5 years younger and we're paying him about half of what Law is making, so I'll take Jammer. That's all I can think of. 4-3 DEs are usually OLBs in 3-4 schemes, and Merriman/Phillips are better than Allen/Hali. McKardell vs Kennison is about a wash, but we're not playing McKardell as much anymore so it's a mute point.

TEX
10-20-2006, 10:22 AM
CHARGERS - 31
CHIEFS - 9

I'd be very surprised if the Chiefs score a TD.

PDXChargerFan
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Chargers will not lose. This is Marty's year, his GM holds his feet to the fire and he finally gives up MartyBall.

Going to be a great game this weekend. Good Luck..

Chargers 37
Chiels 17
:cuss: :deevee: :banghead:

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I honestly don't see a single advantage the Chiefs have over SD in the personnel department. Jammer vs Law at this point in time, maybe slight edge to Law. Of course Jammer is 5 years younger and we're paying him about half of what Law is making, so I'll take Jammer. That's all I can think of. 4-3 DEs are usually OLBs in 3-4 schemes, and Merriman/Phillips are better than Allen/Hali. McKardell vs Kennison is about a wash, but we're not playing McKardell as much anymore so it's a mute point.
As a dolt fan do you think you could atleast spell McCardell right???

dazed4bolts
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Bolts 31
Squaws 10

Calcountry
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Here is my prediction: I will be getting deeper into NCAA 06 this year.

Brock
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
The Chargers have won 1 time at Arrowhead in the past 10 years. It's pretty far from a foregone conclusion.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Bolts 31
Squaws 10
How bout you Mr. Hawking, can you properly spell McCardell??? Or are all you guys just as stupid as the next???

Inspector
10-20-2006, 01:34 PM

MOOT!

Not a big deal, but that one drives me crazy.

Don't mean to be the spelling police as I screw up pelnty...plenty. (See?)

Also - I make it a point to not say anything about spelling to my fellow Chiefs fans, but you are from the enemy camp, so I must.

I don't make the rules, you know.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
MOOT!

Not a big deal, but that one drives me crazy.

Don't mean to be the spelling police as I screw up pelnty...plenty. (See?)

Also - I make it a point to not say anything about spelling to my fellow Chiefs fans, but you are from the enemy camp, so I must.

I don't make the rules, you know.
I dont like being a spelling nazi either, but geez, its his own team, a player they've had for quite awhile.

Inspector
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I dont like being a spelling nazi either, but geez, its his own team, a player they've had for quite awhile.

Yep. I think Moot will turn into a fine defensive lineman eventually.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Yep. I think Moot will turn into a fine defensive lineman eventually.
He's to small and to slow...a HUGE reach.

vailpass
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
He's too small and too slow...a HUGE reach.

If you start playing the grammar nazi everyone will expect your posts to be perfect :p

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 01:53 PM
If you start playing the grammar nazi everyone will expect your posts to be perfect :p
Ya got me vp, i have no sharp retort for that :)

ChiefFripp
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
the Chiefs won't win another game until they play The Dolphins.

Chargers- 30
Chiefs-9

vailpass
10-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Ya got me vp, i have no sharp retort for that :)

That's a good thing. Any sharp retort would probably fly right over my head today as I pickled my gray matter in a fine Crown Royal sauce last night.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 02:06 PM
That's a good thing. Any sharp retort would probably fly right over my head today as I pickled my gray matter in a fine Crown Royal sauce last night.
My remedy for that situation is as follows....1)Long hot shower 2) Food 3)Liquids 4)Medicine 5)Couch, Godspeed.

dazed4bolts
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
How bout you Mr. Hawking, can you properly spell McCardell??? Or are all you guys just as stupid as the next???

Well... unless this is a trick question yes... M-c-C-a-r-d-e-l-l, but your having typed it in the above quote made it pretty easy. I will confess that I struggle with Olshansky (might be right) though. If you've notice a trend of poor spelling amongst chargers fans I would suggest it might be related to the "ethnic diversity" of southern california.

BTW I believe it's "Professor Hawking"

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Well... unless this is a trick question yes... M-c-C-a-r-d-e-l-l, but your having typed it in the above quote made it pretty easy. I will confess that I struggle with Olshansky (might be right) though. If you've notice a trend of poor spelling amongst chargers fans I would suggest it might be related to the "ethnic diversity" of southern california.

BTW I believe it's "Professor Hawking"
Oh man, ya got me. I didnt know he was a professor :rolleyes: :p