PDA

View Full Version : Denny Green went off

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
just on ESPN. Nice press conference by Denny Green.

Lonewolf Ed
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I honestly feel bad for Arizona fans. Now, the Chiefs losing to Pittsburgh so badly was awful, but at least the reality of a loss was sinking in before the second quarter started. If I was an Arizona fan, having to suffer through two gut-wrenching losses in a row like they have, I'd feel like puking my dinner up. "But, but... we were up by 20 points! I can't understand what th- uh oh... Raaaaafff!!"

KCFalcon59
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
What did he say?

C-Mac
10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
I cant remember but he went off cussing and stuff and then walked out

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
What did he say?

from memory

"We played them in the preseason and they were what we thought they were if you want to right some bullshit about how Chicago won fine crown them but they were what we thought they were that's why we stepped on the field and we just let them off the hook"

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I guess Denny didn't have too much respect for Lovie's Bears...LMAO

HemiEd
10-16-2006, 11:02 PM
I think he has done a pretty good job down there.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2006, 11:04 PM
If the Cards can build their lines, they will be damn good for a while.

Basileus777
10-16-2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h71vEQtCM

Crown em!

Psyko Tek
10-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Denny's almost got it
they just need to close
they can't finish a team
the should have beat us, and da bears

loser is a hard title to get away from

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2006, 11:06 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1h71vEQtCM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d1h71vEQtCM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

for those who are too lazy to click the link

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I feel bad for them, but they reality is if they started ML right now they probably would have 1 or 2 more wins and between them and NO look like 2 teams with real promise.

Lots of quality young QB's coming in these days. I banked it that ML will probably end up being a top 5 QB by next season Manning, Palmer, Rivers.

Rivers scares me with how pretty his ball is and how well he can place the ball... not fun to have him in our division for so long

TRR
10-16-2006, 11:16 PM
The Bears fans are going to go down hard this year. Grossman is a joke, and their D will get in too much of a hole to pull them out just like last season against Carolina.

Anyong Bluth
10-16-2006, 11:21 PM
With their record and the liklihood of getting home field throughout the playoffs you have to like their chances, still. People are not giving the cards enough credit at this point I think, and the Bears clearly seemed to have slept on this game and bought into their own hype.

Lovie is a really good coach and he won't be letting them shit themself again like this I think.

Carolina maybe starting to get better but they have looked very sluggish and sloppy to this point. I still like how nasty they can be w/ having MeShawn take pressure off Steve Smith- the nFL's baddast ass WR and probably the only WR in the NFL I would truly covet a trade for.

Sure-Oz
10-16-2006, 11:35 PM
LMFAOOOOOOOOO AT GREEN!!

So True, omg omg i heard bad words lol

noa
10-16-2006, 11:40 PM
PLAYOFFS? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? PLAYOFFS? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Rex Grossman should not be trusted in any big game. They'll go 14-2 and he will come apart like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in their first playoff game.

World class tirade by Denny Green, btw. The microphone slap was awesome.

KCGridironBeast
10-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Denny Green is one of my favorite coaches now, solely for that tirade. A lot of other coaches would have taken the pansy way out and just complimented the Bears and gone on and on about how they are a good football team, but Green said what everyone was thinking. What a badass.

Rausch
10-17-2006, 12:37 AM
If the Cards can build their lines, they will be damn good for a while.

No wonder it was such a close game, they're a mirror image of us...

Anyong Bluth
10-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Mirror image? Uh what WR do we have? Are a team with 2 great WR, a rookie QB and TE that should be good and a line that has been iffy...

I think they are good but they look more like a Young Indy.... but hey thats just me...

SBK
10-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Mirror image? Uh what WR do we have? Are a team with 2 great WR, a rookie QB and TE that should be good and a line that has been iffy...

I think they are good but they look more like a Young Indy.... but hey thats just me...

Correction, 3 great WR's.

I think we've got a better d, but they probably have the edge at o line. ROFL

Rausch
10-17-2006, 12:54 AM

No matter the talent they have it's rendered useless by a sh!t offensive line...

Psyko Tek
10-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I now like Denny Green
still don't think he can coach
but I like him

ChiefFan31
10-17-2006, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1h71vEQtCM

Crown em!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. My respect level for Denny Green just went up, and I already think he is a good coach.

I did not watch the game at all, but followed online...

He should be pissed. That team just needs to get in line and follow that man's lead.

ChiefFan31
10-17-2006, 01:11 AM
No matter the talent they have it's rendered useless by a sh!t offensive line...

Yep.

They were such the Cinderalla story of the preseason too. Oh yeah, all those weapons are useless if your O line sucks ass.

jspchief
10-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Maybe if he hadn't gone Marty midway into the second quarter, he wouldn't be so pissed right now.

Cussing tirades lose a little luster when poor coaching plays such a big part in the loss.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Maybe if he hadn't gone Marty midway into the second quarter, he wouldn't be so pissed right now.

Cussing tirades lose a little luster when poor coaching plays such a big part in the loss.

Bingo. He was definitely a responsible party in this loss - he should be more mad at himself

scott free
10-17-2006, 06:45 AM
To quote the immortal Apollo Creed......."THAT WAS COOL!!!" , his boys need to see some fire, yeah they went conservo but the game shoulda been theirs. He cant keep Rackers from missing a VERY makeable game winner, his plan woulda been fine if his choke kicker does his job. I feel for Denny :shake:

Basileus777
10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
The Bears fans are going to go down hard this year. Grossman is a joke, and their D will get in too much of a hole to pull them out just like last season against Carolina.

Except it was the Bears defense that cost them that game, not Grossman.

Bwana
10-17-2006, 07:07 AM
The only person Green has to be pissed off at is himself. Green had two chances to get in the end zone and ran the ball three times each time in the red zone and ended up kicking field goals. This was when they were on fire and his QB was throwing darts. Simply put, it was the old, playing not to lose rather than playing to win.........gee, that sounds kind of familiar huh? That was one of the biggest choke jobs I have ever seen.

jspchief
10-17-2006, 07:10 AM
The only person Green has to be pissed off at is himself. Green had two chances to get in the end zone and ran the ball three times each time in the red zone and ended up kicking field goals. This was when they were on fire and his QB was throwing darts. Simply put, it was the old, playing not to lose rather than playing to win.........gee, that sounds kind of familiar huh? That was one of the biggest choke jobs I have ever seen.When Tony Cornheiser and Charles freakin Barkley are commenting on the Cardinals shutting it down too early, you know it's bad.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 07:11 AM
From a coaching standpoint I thought the Cards did an excellent job. The two fumbles and punt return for a TD weren't Green's fault.

Bwana
10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
When Tony Cornheiser and Charles freakin Barkley are commenting on the Cardinals shutting it down too early, you know it's bad.

Valid point jsp. I remember Barkley making a crack about how 20 points wasn't going to be enough to win the game just before the second half started. It's a sad commentary when an ex basketball player can see that as clear as day and the head football coach seems oblivious to the obvious.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 07:20 AM
How exactly are missed field goals Denny Green's fault? BTW, ROWAN calls the plays-the same Rowan that was the TE coach for the CHIEFS. Denny should be pissed, had his kicker made the FGs, he was suppose to, nobody would be questioning the game-calling.

jspchief
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
How exactly are missed field goals Denny Green's fault? BTW, ROWAN calls the plays-the same Rowan that was the TE coach for the CHIEFS. Denny should be pissed, had his kicker made the FGs, he was suppose to, nobody would be questioning the game-calling.Missed FGs aren't Green's fault.

Shutting down the offense in the second qtr when Leinart was hot is though. They ran the ball 38 times for 66 yards. Typically when you're running game is averaging less than 2 yards per carry, you don't do it 38 times. Green got too conservative too early.

If you defend Denny Green in this game, I assume you think Marty Schottenheimer is a good play-offs coach.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Missed FGs aren't Green's fault.

Shutting down the offense in the second qtr when Leinart was hot is though. They ran the ball 38 times for 66 yards. Typically when you're running game is averaging less than 2 yards per carry, you don't do it 38 times. Green got too conservative too early.

If you defend Denny Green in this game, I assume you think Marty Schottenheimer is a good play-offs coach.
Again, if the kicker would have MADE those FGS-the Cards WIN the game-I can't find fault in play-calling that sets your team up for a win.

Bwana
10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Again, if the kicker would have MADE those FGS-the Cards WIN the game-I can't find fault in play-calling that sets your team up for a win.
If he gets in the end zone one of those times he was down there instead of going ultra conservative and running the ball three times, a field goal is isnít even an issue. I guess I don't have as much faith as you do in your average NFL kicker. I'm not saying Green is a good or bad coach here, all I'm saying is he went the conservative route and it came back to bite him in the ass. If one goes that route and doesn't put teams away, that's going to happen every now and then.

Basileus777
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
I personally think the loss was Denny Green's fault. I think when you're up by 20 and get a turnover and great field position, that's when you go for the kill. That's when you end it. The Cards got 6 opportunities to end the game, yet when they got that field position and the momentum, they just ran the ball and brought on the kicker. That won't help to put the game away. Denny's fault.

htismaqe
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM

Denny Green could have put his team in a position where missed FG's wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game. Shame on Denny Green.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
You all honestly believe you can score on the Bears at will?-That's laughable. You take what you can get and trying to run out the clock wasn't a bad move.

Bwana
10-17-2006, 07:53 AM
You all honestly believe you can score on the Bears at will?-That's laughable. You take what you can get and trying to run out the clock wasn't a bad move.

I think a lot of the Cardinal fans would beg to differ this morning after blowing a 20 point lead and collecting another loss on another winnable game. :hmmm:

ck_IN
10-17-2006, 07:59 AM
<i>Lots of quality young QB's coming in these days. I banked it that ML will probably end up being a top 5 QB by next season Manning, Palmer, Rivers.</i>

Don't forget Brady Quinn next year. Of course he'll likely go to Oaktown so he may be ruined before he can be a threat.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't have a problem with the way Green called the game in all honesty. The game was over in the 4th quarter but Edge couldn't hold on to the ball. They are paying the guy a shit ton and he is definitely the goat here. Definitely.

Chiefnj
The game was lost because Mark Anderson went completely unblocked, the dumb fumble, a special teams breakdown on punt coverage and a missed field goal.

Entering the game the Bears were the best and most well rounded team in the NFL.

Green had a defensive scheme that didn't give up a single offensive touchdown and they put up 23 points against an excellent defense. 999 out of 1000 times you win games where you only give up 3 points to an offense.

ck_IN
It was funny towards the end of the 1st half. Zona was settling for a field goal and Barkley was saying that it was a turning point in the game. Theisman was agreeing with him. The only dissent was Kornheiser.

The two jocks knew that that was the point to go for the kill. The commentator had no clue.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2006, 08:03 AM
yeah dude...whoever said that Arizona would've won this game 999 out of 1000 times is dead on. This has nothing to do with Green being conservative, and everything to do with Edge's fourth quarter fumble. If he doesn't fumble, the Cardinals win. Period.

ROYC75
10-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Nice rant .......... Wonder what the NFL will say about this one?

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Nice rant .......... Wonder what the NFL will say about this one?
shouldn't say anything...he didn't blame officiating or something like that. He just said the Bears aren't the team everyone is making them out to be. Seems like a fair statement to me.

Nzoner
10-17-2006, 08:17 AM
The Cards will get to unload the last two weeks frustrations this coming Sunday as they face the lowly Raiders next,I'm seeing an ass kicking of epic proportions.

boogblaster
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Denny has a mean bitch-slap.....

DaWolf
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
You guys who think he was going Marty should also remember that they did lose last week in large part because they had Leinart throwing down the stretch and Ty Law made a play, so I'm sure that affected them this week, especially regarding the Bears ability to create INTs...

dtebbe
10-17-2006, 09:10 AM
The Cards will get to unload the last two weeks frustrations this coming Sunday as they face the lowly Raiders next,I'm seeing an ass kicking of epic proportions.

For the Raiders this is going to be like getting your ass kicked by your little sister...

DT

Frosty
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
You guys who think he was going Marty should also remember that they did lose last week in large part because they had Leinart throwing down the stretch and Ty Law made a play, so I'm sure that affected them this week, especially regarding the Bears ability to create INTs...

Exactly. Last week, Green got criticized because he didn't run enough, leaving time for the Chiefs to come back. This time, it's because he ran too much.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Denny Green is one of my favorite coaches now, solely for that tirade.You are not alone.

That was a classic.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
at least he cares enough to get pissed :shrug:

they improve their offensive line and they're set.

Calcountry
10-17-2006, 10:47 AM
for those who are too lazy to click the linkI like that un pc testosterone display I just seen. Makes me think that America still has a chance.

Calcountry
10-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Press conferences are overrated anyways. I mean, do writers really need to have a coach groveling for 30 minutes just so they can be creative enough to come up with a few columns of material?

That 30 seconds of adrenaline has inspired 2 whole paragraphs out of me, shouldnt' it be enough for someone blessed with the ability to write, to come up with a whole article?

greg63
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
for those who are too lazy to click the link

WOW! Talk about imploding.

I wonder if he was upset???:hmmm:

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
I honestly feel bad for Arizona fans. Now, the Chiefs losing to Pittsburgh so badly was awful, but at least the reality of a loss was sinking in before the second quarter started. If I was an Arizona fan, having to suffer through two gut-wrenching losses in a row like they have, I'd feel like puking my dinner up. "But, but... we were up by 20 points! I can't understand what th- uh oh... Raaaaafff!!"

Cards future look good better than Chiefs right now. Don't feel sorry for them feel sorry for us. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Cards future look good better than Chiefs right now. Don't feel sorry for them feel sorry for us. :shake:

BULLSHIT! If you wanna crown 'em, then CROWN THEIR ASS!.

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
BULLSHIT! If you wanna crown 'em, then CROWN THEIR ASS!.

not crowning them, just envy the talent a little bit more than us. I believe Leinart is going to be great in this league. They are a work in progress. They just have to be a little bit more patient and keep building work on getting better OL players, work on getting more effective players on D, keep playing to win, forget the past, and know you will ultimately get there. I think next year they will be a playoff team.

I don't feel very optimistic about the chiefs. Once CP leaves and we get new blood in the front office my optimism will grow.

I thought we we're very close when DV was our HC. If we had a different GM, DV and even Marty would have been successful here in KC. I hate to see the pathetic O we have now.

I think Marty can get over the hump this year b/c of the Chargers GM. He is tough and he does not have a warm and fuzzy relationship with Marty. He is going to make sure Marty will change no matter how reluctantly he'll change or he'll be gone next year. If Marty get's his SB win he will have the GM to thank.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 11:44 AM
You do realize I was playing on something, right ;)

scott free
10-17-2006, 11:51 AM
You do realize I was playing on something, right ;)
63's gotten hammered so much lately he's twitchy and defensive LMAO

Predarat
10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Denny Green got broken down mentally!! Maybe Brian Billick is next?

sedated
10-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I think he has done a pretty good job down there.

that's what she said

Deberg_1990
10-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Playoffs?? Dont talk about Playoffs!!

GoHuge
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't feel very optimistic about the chiefs. Once CP leaves and we get new blood in the front office my optimism will grow.

I thought we we're very close when DV was our HC. If we had a different GM, DV and even Marty would have been successful here in KC. I hate to see the pathetic O we have now.

I think Marty can get over the hump this year b/c of the Chargers GM. He is tough and he does not have a warm and fuzzy relationship with Marty. He is going to make sure Marty will change no matter how reluctantly he'll change or he'll be gone next year. If Marty get's his SB win he will have the GM to thank.There is some truth to that, but those two coaches are not without blame for their team's failures. That rant of yours is getting old. Have you ever heard the term "beating a dead dog?" Same shit over and over. Get over it. It is what it is. I only went back up to the top of the :Lin: to make confirm it was in fact you. I didn't even have to look. Get some new material! Or at least tell the whole story. I hate CP to but I'll be damned if I'm gonna beat a drum that doesn't go boom. Seriously