PDA

View Full Version : FFL Quandary

Cormac
10-17-2006, 09:30 AM
My 2 defenses are Carolina (@CIN this week) and Baltimore (BYE). My opponent for this week is the top team in the league, and his only D is Chicago (BYE). He is going to have to pick one up, and the obvious choice is Arizona (@OAK). They could be huge. I tried to pick them up to make them unavailable to him, but there is a roster limit to 2 defenses :cuss:

So my question is:

Should I drop Carolina for Arizona, play the Cards this week, and then play the Ravens (with AZ backing up through the rest of the year)? The Panthers have been a bit disappointing overall, but I hate to just cut them loose. Presumably my opponent for this week will pick them up and it could bite me in the :moon:

IOW, who'll do better this week: Carolina defending at Cincy, or Arizona defending at Oakland?

noa
10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
This is a tough position. Even if Carolina plays well, they will probably still give up points to Cincy while there is always the chance that the Faiders won't put any points on the board. I say go for the risk, drop Carolina, pick up Zona, and then ride the Ravens D to victory after this week.

Brock
10-17-2006, 09:34 AM
AZ

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
I would go with AZ.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Go with AZ, I dropped the chiefs for them.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I dont want to start another thread over FFL. But someone in my league Offered me Andre Johnson for Tiki Barber. My WR's suck: J.Cotchery, Lee Evans, Mike Furrey, G.Jennings and D. Gabriel. So I need a WR baaad. My RB's: Tiki, W.Parker, T.Henry and K.Barlow. Looks like I cant afford to lose Tiki by looking at this list. My team sucks.

noa
10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I dont want to start another thread over FFL. But someone in my league Offered me Andre Johnson for Tiki Barber. My WR's suck: J.Cotchery, Lee Evans, Mike Furrey, G.Jennings and D. Gabriel. So I need a WR baaad. My RB's: Tiki, W.Parker, T.Henry and K.Barlow. Looks like I cant afford to lose Tiki by looking at this list. My team sucks.

Do not make this trade. Keep Tiki. Cotchery, Evans, and Jennings are serviceable starters and Andre Johnson is no sure shot week in and week out.

Cormac
10-17-2006, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the input, folks.

BigTiddy's: I wouldn't do that trade. If you do, your WRs will improve, but your RBs look poor. Willie Parker for Andre Johnson looks more logical to me - he won't take that trade, I'm sure, but the other one isn't a good idea, IMO.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Kind of what I was thinking. Thanks

Basileus777
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Stick with Carolina. Cinci's oline is in shambles and Peppers is coming to town. Cinci's offense hasn't been very good this year, I wouldn't expect them to put up alot of points.

Woodrow Call
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Gonna throw my question in here...

Pick One

Willie Parker @ ATL
Kevin Jones @ Jets
Tatum Bell @ Browns

ct
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Stick with Carolina for the long haul. Baltimore has been dissappointing too of late, so you'll need both to play matchups.

Do NOT trade Tiki or FWP for AJ. You need both of those RBs. Henry's star will fall quickly. Offer Henry and one of your WRs not named Jennings in a 2-1, maybe he'll byte on that.

Archie, is that a PPR league? If so, go with KJ, otherwise I like Bell. BTW, who's your other RB if you only need 1 of those 3 this week? And do you have any openings in your league? Those 3 as your RB2 choices is just sick! Sheesh!

noa
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM

Pick One

Willie Parker @ ATL
Kevin Jones @ Jets
Tatum Bell @ Browns

This is a tough decision.
Atlanta did give up a bunch of running yards to the Giants last week, so Parker should do fine.
Both the Jets and the Browns have weak run defenses, so that also makes Jones and Bell safe choices.

The one stat that sticks out to me is that the Jets have given up the most rushing TDs of any team in the NFL. You might want to go with Kevin Jones based on that, but I don't really think you can go wrong here.

CosmicPal
10-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm still fuggen pissed about this past week's games.

In my money league, my team scored 130 points! This isn't a high scoring league either. Teams average between 70-95 pts per week. But, I scored 130 pts and still fuggen LOST! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Whew... I'm not only the highest scoring team in the league, but my opponents have also had their biggest weeks against me! I've scored over 550 points, but my opponents have scored 530 points. I'm 3-3, but should be 6 and fuggen 0!

Anyways, back to your question. I can't believe someone hasn't already picked them up. But, I wouldn't do it. He'll just pick up Carolina's D so not only will he have Da Bears, but he'll have the Panthers as well for the rest of the season. Carolina isn't the D that everyone thought they would be this year, but there's still a long ways to go in this season. But, the fact is- he could then use it as trade bait.

As for Arizona- don't count on them having a big week, but rather a big let down. They've lost two games in a row by a last second field goal. They played their hearts out against Da Bears and then ended up losing it all in the last 3 mins. The Head Coach is pissed, the Offensive Line coach is fired, and the team is hanging its head right now.

I honestly think the best thing to do is to keep Carolina's D. They may not have a great week this week vs. Cincy, but they'll be better for you in the long run than Arizona.

Brock
10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
He'll just pick up Carolina's D so not only will he have Da Bears, but he'll have the Panthers as well for the rest of the season.

I don't see what the problem with that is. It's just a roster spot he'll have tied up for a defense he'll probably never use.

Assuming you time the waiver right, at least you could keep your opponent from using Carolina this weekend.

Basileus777
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Go with Kevin Jones. The Jet run defense is pretty bad and Jones has started to turn it up another notch this year. Bell will probably get some yards from Cleveland, but I don't know about TDs. Atlanta's run defense was good before last week, I wouldn't risk starting Parker against Atlanta before we know that it wasn't just a one week thing.

patteeu
10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Cormac: Go with AZ. Better matchup this week and it doesn't matter too much after that since both of you have good regular defenses. I don't like defenses on the road (unless they are the elite), but if you have to go on the road, Oakland is the place to go.

ILikeBigTiddys: Keep Tiki. Weakness at RB is usually FF death.

Archie Bunker: Tatum Bell at Cleveland. I'm tempted to say Kevin Jones at the Jets who have given up an NFL-high 12 rushing TDs, but with KJ being an unproven back on an offense that likes to pass and Tatum Bell being a pretty solid back on a team that likes to run, I'm going with Bell. Cleveland hasn't given up many rushing TDs (3) but they are just as bad as the Jets on giving up a lot of yards.

Hound333
10-18-2006, 11:38 AM

Pick One

Willie Parker @ ATL
Kevin Jones @ Jets
Tatum Bell @ Browns

I would go with Jones. The browns have a weak run defense but Bell never seems to find the endzone. I never know what to do about the Atl def. Some weeks they seem good and some weeks they just look bad. Its really a toss up. I would go with Jones though. Either should be fine.

Cormac
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, my opponent snapped up the Cards defense yesterday afternoon like I knew he would. I appreciate the input, and in the end I couldn't bring myself to drop the Panthers D for the rest of the season for this one game. Having said that, I expect the Cards D will outscore them this week. We'll see. They might have the letdown that CosmicPal mentioned - but if you have an FFL letdown against Andrew frigging Walter, you suck big time.

Archie Bunker - I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I guess I'd have to go with Kevin Jones because of the matchup. But it sucks to depend on Martz's playcalling with a FFL RB. He gets the nod (narrowly) over Tatum Bell just because Denver can't score.....:D