PDA

View Full Version : Ravens to fire Jim Fassel

KCChiefsFan88
10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Chiefs should do the same with Goonther...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9735011

Ravens' cure for awful offense? Fire Fassel
Oct. 17, 2006
By Clark Judge
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Jim Fassel is out in Baltimore.

Sources close to the organization confirmed that Fassel will be dismissed as the team's offensive coordinator Tuesday afternoon, but did not cite a specific reason. The Ravens have called a news conference, but a team spokesman said only that it was to make "a major announcement."

One source described the decision as a mutual "parting of the ways," while another said Fassel had been fired. It is not certain who would replace him.

Fassel has been with the Ravens since his firing as head coach of the New York Giants following the 2003 season, and took over as the team's offensive coordinator last year.

The Ravens rank 28th in total offense and are in the bottom third of eight of the league's offensive categories.

Fassel was unavailable for comment.

ROYC75
10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
That one susprise's me ....... IMHO, if given time, Fassel would do OK.

JBucc
10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
It's not is fault they brought in a shitty QB

noa
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
Why fire him in the middle of the season? Are they going to install a new offense, or is Billick just letting his gigantic ego take over so he can call the plays himself?

Bob Dole
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Right. Firing Cunningham midseason would have a huge positive impact on our defense.

That Herm hasn't already figured this out just illustrates how incompetent he is!

MichaelH
10-17-2006, 10:05 AM
It's not is fault they brought in a shitty QB

Beat me to it!

McNair is not the solution there. He's over his prime and way too injury prone. He was taken out of the game last Sunday because the Panthers hit him too hard. He didn't know where he was. But he says he's going to start the 29th at the Saints. I predict a rapid downhill spiral and none of it is Fassel's fault.

Bill Parcells
I remember when he was going to lose it right before thanksgiving 2000..with his..''I'm putting all my chips into the middle of the table,you want in get in,you want out,get out..this team is going to the playoffs''

I never laughed so hard watching him almost have a nervous breakdown that year

mac58
why would we fire gunther. . .he has been good up until this weeks meltdown. . .and i think the players had alot to do with that. . .

Fruit Ninja
10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
why would we fire gunther. . .he has been good up until this weeks meltdown. . .and i think the players had alot to do with that. . .
people's minds are so dead set no matter what he does if the D has 1 bad game, they are going to be calling for his head.

Gravedigger
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
I think I see a solution to the Solari problem..... :hmmm:

ROYC75
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
people's minds are so dead set no matter what he does if the D has 1 bad game, they are going to be calling for his head.

Wouldn't his wife be upset losing his head ?

DaWolf
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Because the previous two years of sucking and the contributions he made getting us to sucking as a head coach here have nothing to do with it...

Dartgod
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Chiefs should do the same with Goonther...

DaWolf
10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
As far as Fassel being fired, that's a good move by the Ravens although I'm not sure if that isn't more indicitave of Brian Billick never putting together a decent offense there once in his tenure.

You know, I'm worried about our offense, not so much yet because of Solari but because the coordinator of our passing game, Terry Shea, stunk it up so much in Chicago that he got the boot after one year. I'm not sure that guy is doing much for us...

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I remember when he was going to lose it right before thanksgiving 2000..with his..''I'm putting all my chips into the middle of the table,you want in get in,you want out,get out..this team is going to the playoffs''

I never laughed so hard watching him almost have a nervous breakdown that year

Didn't the Giants win out and make the playoffs after he said that??

Gravedigger
10-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Jim Fassel took the Giants to the superbowl so we know he's got talent. FIRE SOLARI BRING IN FASSEL!!! cmon guys get on the bandwagon =P

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Didn't the Giants win out and make the playoffs after he said that??
Yeah..but it was funny watching it!!

I went to vegas for that superbowl(vip party at mgm grande)..I arrived sunday morning..and by sunday afternoon I was -$3,000.00 in the hole after the Giants lost the superbowl :cuss:

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2629319

Edit:fired!!!

Easy 6
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Jim Fassel took the Giants to the superbowl so we know he's got talent. FIRE SOLARI BRING IN FASSEL!!! cmon guys get on the bandwagon =P
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alpha_omega
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I think it is about time they fire Billick...he won a SB (6 years ago)... but now has run his course.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Billick's team won that Super Bowl. He had nothing to do with it. It would have been criminal not to win with a defensive unit that dominating.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
It would have been criminal not to win with a defensive unit that dominating.

Well they had one at middle linebacker.

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
As far as Fassel being fired, that's a good move by the Ravens although I'm not sure if that isn't more indicitave of Brian Billick never putting together a decent offense there once in his tenure.

You know, I'm worried about our offense, not so much yet because of Solari but because the coordinator of our passing game, Terry Shea, stunk it up so much in Chicago that he got the boot after one year. I'm not sure that guy is doing much for us...

I doubt Shea is the problem. He is not the one calling the 2 yard out patterns. Gunther is not the problem here people. Our defense had a game where the scheme wasnt the problem, but tackling was. Offensively it seems the scheme is consistently a problem. As easy as it would be to pile on Solari, can anyone name one offensive cooridinator that did well under idiot herm?

splatbass
10-17-2006, 01:24 PM
As easy as it would be to pile on Solari, can anyone name one offensive cooridinator that did well under idiot herm?

He had Paul Hackett, so the bad Jets offense wasn't Herm (except that Herm hired Hackett). Can you name one team that Hackett was successful with? Certainly not the Chiefs.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I think if they're smart theyd let Mike Anderson run the ball, Lewis is done. Also i thought billick was an offensive genious!

Coogs
10-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Dennis Green has fired the OC for the Cardinals today as well. Replacing him with the QB coach. Story is on CBSSportsline.com.. I'm just to lazy to copy and paste it.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2006, 02:13 PM
That OC of theirs deserved it, the playcalling was stupid as hell, kinda reminds me of our OC.