PDA

View Full Version : For those who disagreed with me regarding last SUnday's game being a must win........

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2006, 11:30 AM
do you believe this coming Sunday's games against the Chargers is a must win?

If we lose it will be 4 losses to 4 different playoff teams.

Still missing DV/AS Offense.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Can you please start one more thread about how much your vag still hurts that DV and AS aren't here anymore? I am starting to think you aren't that upset.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Every home game is a must win in the NFL.

But I agree with ChiefsfaninPA.

Douche Baggins
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Last week wasn't a must-win.

This week is.

Hog Farmer
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
do you believe this coming Sunday's games against the Chargers is a must win?

If we lose it will be 4 losses to 4 different playoff teams.

Would you just shut the hell up!!!!!

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
You are a glutin for punishment 1963

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
And I thought it was just Parker who hated him. ROFL

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
This game is a must win no doubt about it.

This offense would be just as bad with any coaching staff. I dont care if DV, AS, Martz, Walsh, etc were coaching. Let it go.

InChiefsHell
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM

Ummm...the DV\AS offense would not be here even if they were...you do know that DV\AS are not players right??

Trent, TRich, Roaf, Welbourn...you honestly think we'd be lighting it up like last year if only we still had DV\AS??
:shake:

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
DV/AS would have this offense in better shape even with the changes in personnel.

You can't go back. In a different scenario you would to have a complete dedication to DV from the Front Office to succeed, and you would have to have CP out. There would be no more talk of retirement, DV and the new GM would have gone through the roster and evaluated likely veterens players like Roaf and Welbourne who would retire. During the draft and off-season free agent acquisition they would have continue to fortified the D, but they would have 1st and foremost made sure our OL was going to be rock solid, and done what ever was necessary to get the necessary personnel to maintain our GREAT OL.

Not that any of this was truly possible b/c CP controls every thing, and truly is the reason why this franchise has been a loser for so long.

We going to have to waste another 3 years with CP and watch this pathetic example of an Offense. This Offense will truly be painful and unexciting to watch. Our D may get better, but it will be all in vain b/c we don't have DV/AS running a high performing OFFENSE and play to win mentality!!!!!!!!!

With the right GM, a little more patience, and a lot less panic, we would have been in good hands with DV and AS!

DaFace
10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I think we "must" win at least one of the next two games, but not necessarily this one. It would be BEST to win this one for tiebreaker purposes, but I don't think that we're completely out of it if we don't.

If you look at the rest of our schedule, every game against a decent team is at home, with the exception of a road game in San Diego. Assuming we don't play dead like we did last weekend, I think we'll be a favorite to win 7 of the last 9 games (assuming Trent comes back soon). That would put us at 10-6 and in the race just like last year.

For the record, this is how I predicted our season would play out when the schedule was released in the spring. I'm right so far, so we'll see how it goes.
Sep 10 Cincinnati L
Sep 17 @Denver L
Oct 1 San Francisco W
Oct 8 @Arizona W
Oct 15 @Pittsburgh L
Oct 22 San Diego W
Oct 29 Seattle L
Nov 5 @St. Louis W
Nov 12 @Miami W
Nov 19 Oakland W
Nov 23 Denver W
Dec 3 @Cleveland W
Dec 10 Baltimore L
Dec 17 @San Diego L
Dec 23 @Oakland W
Dec 31 Jacksonville W

Hog Farmer
10-17-2006, 12:09 PM
If you're trying to make us think you're intelligent it's not working!

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I think we "must" win at least one of the next two games, but not necessarily this one. It would be BEST to win this one for tiebreaker purposes, but I don't think that we're completely out of it if we don't.

If you look at the rest of our schedule, Every game against a decent team is at home, with the exception of a road game in San Diego. Assuming we don't play dead like we did last weekend, I think we'll be a favorite to win 7 of the last 9 games (assuming Trent comes back soon). That would put us at 10-6 and in the race just like last year.

For the record, this is how I predicted our season would play out when the schedule was released in the spring. I'm right so far, so we'll see how it goes.
Sep 10 Cincinnati L
Sep 17 @Denver L
Oct 1 San Francisco W
Oct 8 @Arizona W
Oct 15 @Pittsburgh L
Oct 22 San Diego W
Oct 29 Seattle L
Nov 5 @St. Louis W
Nov 12 @Miami W
Nov 19 Oakland W
Nov 23 Denver W
Dec 3 @Cleveland W
Dec 10 Baltimore L
Dec 17 @San Diego L
Dec 23 @Oakland W
Dec 31 Jacksonville W

Hope you are right. A 5 game winning streak would be an accomplishment.

DaFace
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Hope you are right. A 5 game winning streak would be an accomplishment.

I agree, but it's possible against those opponents, I think. Of course, all this assumes that last week was just a fluke, so we'll see.

Brock
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Wake up.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 12:16 PM

If you look at the rest of our schedule, every game against a decent team is at home, with the exception of a road game in San Diego. Assuming we don't play dead like we did last weekend, I think we'll be a favorite to win 7 of the last 9 games (assuming Trent comes back soon). That would put us at 10-6 and in the race just like last year.

Sep 10 Cincinnati L
Sep 17 @Denver L
Oct 1 San Francisco W
Oct 8 @Arizona W
Oct 15 @Pittsburgh L
Oct 22 San Diego W
Oct 29 Seattle L
Nov 5 @St. Louis W
Nov 12 @Miami W
Nov 19 Oakland W
Nov 23 Denver W
Dec 3 @Cleveland W
Dec 10 Baltimore L
Dec 17 @San Diego L
Dec 23 @Oakland W
Dec 31 Jacksonville W

Thats pretty close to what I predicted expect for we won't lose 3 games at Arrowhead. Trade those loses out on the road.

underEJ
10-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Thats pretty close to what I predicted expect for we won't lose 3 games at Arrowhead. Trade those loses out on the road.

I have a 5 game streak on my schedule of picks but shifted one week later (3 home losses less likely,) so that's losing in St. Louis and winning against Baltimore, especially if they are still struggling for offensive output, and depending on McNair.

But for that home vs away switch my picks are the same.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2006, 01:14 PM
oh wow i think you should totally

Iowanian
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think anyone would disagree with me that you're a dumbf@ck with a bruised vagina.

underEJ
10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
oh wow i think you should totally

I think the Chiefs should have beaten Pittsburgh. Sometimes it's just not your day.

King_Chief_Fan
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
DV/AS would have this offense in better shape even with the changes in personnel.

You can't go back. In a different scenario you would to have a complete dedication to DV from the Front Office to succeed, and you would have to have CP out. There would be no more talk of retirement, DV and the new GM would have gone through the roster and evaluated likely veterens players like Roaf and Welbourne who would retire. During the draft and off-season free agent acquisition they would have continue to fortified the D, but they would have 1st and foremost made sure our OL was going to be rock solid, and done what ever was necessary to get the necessary personnel to maintain our GREAT OL.

Not that any of this was truly possible b/c CP controls every thing, and truly is the reason why this franchise has been a loser for so long.

We going to have to waste another 3 years with CP and watch this pathetic example of an Offense. This Offense will truly be painful and unexciting to watch. Our D may get better, but it will be all in vain b/c we don't have DV/AS running a high performing OFFENSE and play to win mentality!!!!!!!!!

With the right GM, a little more patience, and a lot less panic, we would have been in good hands with DV and AS!

coulda shoulda woulda

you got what you got....deal with it.
If you are in such a panic thinking this team might not make the playoffs.....face it, you might as well know now......they aren't making the playoffs.:shake: