PDA

View Full Version : Im sick of all the excuses for LJ. . .

mac58
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
He's just plain not getting it done. . .yes he has alot against him and alot has gone wrong for our offense this year, but if u want to be an elite running back in the NFL it shouldnt matter. . .Its not like Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson always had much support. . .he is just plain not running well. .. I was watching E. James run loast night and couldnt figure out which one him or LJ hits the line like more of a pussy. . .LJ still has a goiod interior line. . .and needs to start creating more for himself. . .This is coming from a big LJ fan but maybe he isnt that good maybe it is just the system we had. . .

noa
10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
There is no excuse for 31 carries for 62 yards over two games. If we wanted that kind of production, we could be playing our 3rd stringer. LJ has got to pick it up if we're going to get on track.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
he needs to take his diaper off..........

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Be prepared, you're probably about to get blasted. There are plenty that won't like you pointing a finger at the golden child.

I, however, do agree with you.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Hew bulked up in the off-season to be able to take the punishment, now it's looking like a bad idea because he lost some of his speed in the process, but make no mistake our O-line sucks ass. Waters and Shields are the only players worthy of starting. Wiggs is under-sized for straight-ahead running. Sampson can't stay healthy and is still LEARNING the position, and Black shouldn't even be collecting a paycheck-he gets pushed around and has no heart. Shields has also lost a step, he's still a pretty good player, but the past couple of years have made him appear more mortal than year's gone by. The O-line sucks.

Brock
10-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, both him and Edgerrin have suddenly forgotten how to play. :rolleyes:

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
A bad o-line plus 8 in the box is a bad combination for any back. I don't care who the RB is if you have no where to run all you can do is get your 2-3 yrds.

LJ is not to blame IMO.

Dark Horse
10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
A benching might be just what he needs. But what would that leave us, Dee Brown? Oh the humanity!

KCChiefsFan88
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Let's consider a few things:

1) The Chiefs have no downfield passing game. The Chiefs WRs scare no one and Tony Gonzalez is no longer a factor in the Chiefs offense. Teams are therefore putting their entire defense in the box to stop LJ.

2) The Chiefs offensive line is abysmal. Having mediocre run blocking makes it hard for any RB not named Barry Sanders or Jim Brown to gain significant yardage. See Edge James in Failzona this year. See Jamal Lewis in Baltimore last year.

StcChief
10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Light a fire under the Oline, blocking FB (m.i.a.) or blocking TE maybe.

Hog Farmer
10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Jesus Christ, Our whole team sucks! I had not realized that until now.

JBucc
10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
It's certainly mostly on the fact that our Tackles are gone and our QB is down, but even in the games Roaf was out last year LJ averaged 150 yards a game. He's not runnnig angry hitting holes hard blah blah etc. I hope we start spreading things out to try and help give LJ some space and not run directly into a wall.

Demonpenz
he spent too many time in the clubs chasing women in the offseason

Warrior5
A bad o-line plus 8 in the box is a bad combination for any back. I don't care who the RB is if you have no where to run all you can do is get your 2-3 yrds. LJ is not to blame IMO.

I would add: teams can afford to commit 8 to the box because they don't feel threatened by our receivers.

Woodrow Call
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I will say this though, Bennett might have a little more success because he is shifty and has some speed. He might be able to make some of the first guys miss.

Of course Bennett's vagina will never fully heel so the point is mute.

petegz28
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Kind of hard to run against 9-10 guys on the line with a weak O-line.

But I know it's LJ's fault for not being strong enough to power through his O-line in his lap on top of most of the defense.

ck_IN
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
We lost a HOF tackle and another pro bowl or at least that calibure tackle. Shields is on his last legs and straight ahead running isn't what this line was built for. DV built this line to get the RB on the edge. To that end DV looked for smaller athletic guys that could pull and lead the sweep.

That was ideal for Priest. LJ made the most of it last year. This year major pieces are gone and they're trying the straight ahead style that LJ is more suited for. It isn't working.

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
We lost a HOF tackle and another pro bowl or at least that calibure tackle. Shields is on his last legs and straight ahead running isn't what this line was built for. DV built this line to get the RB on the edge. To that end DV looked for smaller athletic guys that could pull and lead the sweep.

That was ideal for Priest. LJ made the most of it last year. This year major pieces are gone and they're trying the straight ahead style that LJ is more suited for. It isn't working.

You are correct, it is built to get the RB to the edge, yet we seem content to run straight into the center of the line. Our center is outmatched, and Will Shields is nowhere near the pro bowler he used to be. Our coaches are trying to run an offense in ways it just doesnt excell. Opposing safeties are lining up as linebackers because we wont even attempt to stretch the field. I dont see how anyone could put this on LJ. He is still getting a ton of yards from scrimmage, even tho hes having to make up the difference in the passing game. Hes the only guy on the offense that has produced anything. Herm has effectively caged a lion.

Dark Horse
10-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Granted our oline is not playing well and our qb is down but LJ is not running with the same reckless abandon he did last year.

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Granted our oline is not playing well and our qb is down but LJ is not running with the same reckless abandon he did last year.

How would you know? Because there is nowhere for him to run to hes suddenly not running with wreckless abandon?

kaplin42
10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
I will say that LJ needs to work on not fumbling. But you have got to be kidding me about him not being a good back.

1.) Teams are stacking the box against him. 8 in the box is hard for any back. On top of that, our line is horrendus at run blocking. It's hard to do anything when by time you get the hand of the D is standing next you waiting for you to take the ball.

2.) Not to mention that the last game 1, 4, and 5 LJ has not gotten many carries at all. Herm said 30 - 35 carries, LJ has not even gotten 20 carries in these games. What do you expect your back to do with 16 and 17 carries a game?

3.) Like said before, no one worries about our recievers. And not neccessarily because they are fast, but because they can't catch. In the last two weeks, how many balls have we seen dropped. Huard can only do so much, but if he throws one of his few passes that make it over the Dline, and the reciever drops it, what can he do.

4.) It's only gonna get worse with Cruz out. He wasn't spectacular, but he was alright. Now that he is gone, LJ is not going to get anywhere.

Dark Horse
10-17-2006, 12:46 PM
How would you know? Because there is nowhere for him to run to hes suddenly not running with wreckless abandon?

He is not hitting the gaps that are there and the times he does get a little space one guy brings him down.

KcMizzou
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I will say that LJ needs to work on not fumbling. But you have got to be kidding me about him not being a good back.

1.) Teams are stacking the box against him. 8 in the box is hard for any back. On top of that, our line is horrendus at run blocking. It's hard to do anything when by time you get the hand of the D is standing next you waiting for you to take the ball.

2.) Not to mention that the last game 1, 4, and 5 LJ has not gotten many carries at all. Herm said 30 - 35 carries, LJ has not even gotten 20 carries in these games. What do you expect your back to do with 16 and 17 carries a game?

3.) Like said before, no one worries about our recievers. And not neccessarily because they are fast, but because they can't catch. In the last two weeks, how many balls have we seen dropped. Huard can only do so much, but if he throws one of his few passes that make it over the Dline, and the reciever drops it, what can he do.

4.) It's only gonna get worse with Cruz out. He wasn't spectacular, but he was alright. Now that he is gone, LJ is not going to get anywhere.Good post. I agree. The fumbling is the only thing that really irritates me about LJ's play this season.

Predarat
10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Start Dee Brown!!!! For Stumpys sake!

ck_IN
10-17-2006, 12:57 PM
<i>Huard can only do so much</i>

You mean he can't throw it and catch it? :)

petegz28
10-17-2006, 01:03 PM
He is not hitting the gaps that are there and the times he does get a little space one guy brings him down.

What gaps? There haven't been any gaps.

Oh you mean that 78 yard screen pass he broke?

You are righ the isn't hitting the gps that are there.

Funny how he is still tops in the league for yards from scrimmage. He weas #1 before Sunday.

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2006, 01:04 PM
When is Bennett gonna be back?

siberian khatru
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
When is Bennett gonna be back?

Donnell will probably be back before Michael.

Dark Horse
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
What gaps? There haven't been any gaps.

Oh you mean that 78 yard screen pass he broke?

You are righ the isn't hitting the gps that are there.

Funny how he is still tops in the league for yards from scrimmage. He weas #1 before Sunday.

Last year he would have left Antrel Rolle standing their holding his severed head and still scored a touchdown.

Gravedigger
10-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Blame the Oline they aren't opening holes like the old line used to. LJ can only do so much.

morphius
10-17-2006, 01:21 PM
I have seen way too many time when he runs and instead of a hole there are just a wall of bodies. You are not gonna get very far with that. Are there some runs he could have broke, sure, but really there isn't much there. I wish his backup wasn't hurt, we could really use that change of pace back.

Frankie
10-17-2006, 01:50 PM
He's just plain not getting it done. . .yes he has alot against him and alot has gone wrong for our offense this year, but if u want to be an elite running back in the NFL it shouldnt matter. . .Its not like Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson always had much support. . .he is just plain not running well. .. I was watching E. James run loast night and couldnt figure out which one him or LJ hits the line like more of a pussy. . .LJ still has a goiod interior line. . .and needs to start creating more for himself. . .This is coming from a big LJ fan but maybe he isnt that good maybe it is just the system we had. . .
I was never a big fan of LJ's. Excited last year? Yes. A devoted fan? No. All the talk about we need to get him angry is bs. It's exactly the same as "we need to pamper a star." In reasonably recent Chiefs memory we've had Priest Holmes, Kimble Anders and Marcus Allen. Guys who created their own motivation. To me a true NFL star is one who does not need outside motivation, regarless of talent.

vailpass
10-17-2006, 01:51 PM
It usually takes a full year as a starter to evaluate a RB.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Edge and LJ should retire.....the future is now Derek Ross and Ted White baby!!!!!!!!!!

siberian khatru
10-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Man oh man, is penchief gonna be pissed at this thread.

steelyeyed57
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I agree with many posters that teams are stacking up against the run with 8 & 9 in the box. But, those same people are saying that the offensive line is weak at run blocking. Well, lets at least give them that it's hard to block when the defense has almost double the bodies in the box. I see this as a scheme problem. We can't effectively stretch the field with a mediocre quarterback and less than adequate receivers. As a result, teams don't have to respect us down the field. They know we can still run, but they stack up to stop it, and we can't punish them for it. The dominoes tumble because of our lack of balance on offense, not entirely because of LJ or poor offensive line play.

picasso
10-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I agree with you 100% mac58!!
And Brock, LJ must be cloggin your poop hole with as many stand up posts you've made for his tip toeing ass at the line of scrimmage on every play. Get with it man LJ is not the same so far this year. I do expect him to get better when the weather gets colder though. The thing about LJ is that DV knew he didn't have the balls to break the line in his tenure. That is why it was such a delight to see LJ beat the Raiders in the final play of the game last year on the one yard line. Because he jumped over like he was Priest!!!

Brock
10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree with you 100% mac58!!
And Brock, LJ must be cloggin your poop hole with as many stand up posts you've made for his tip toeing ass at the line of scrimmage on every play. Get with it man LJ is not the same so far this year.

I think you have me mistaken for someone else, dipshit.

picasso
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I agree with many posters that teams are stacking up against the run with 8 & 9 in the box. But, those same people are saying that the offensive line is weak at run blocking. Well, lets at least give them that it's hard to block when the defense has almost double the bodies in the box. I see this as a scheme problem. We can't effectively stretch the field with a mediocre quarterback and less than adequate receivers. As a result, teams don't have to respect us down the field. They know we can still run, but they stack up to stop it, and we can't punish them for it. The dominoes tumble because of our lack of balance on offense, not entirely because of LJ or poor offensive line play.

If they wanted balance why didn't Huard throw a pass longer than 15 yards in the first half last Sunday? Why did he wait until garbage time to complete a 21 and a 25 yard pass? We have Kennison who is a skilled receiver and can RAC with no problem. And then we have Sammie Parker who runs a 4.4 and the new Ron Gardner who looks like TO but they use him primarily on 10 yard hook routes because he can't catch a pass in traffic to save his life. Aren't all of these guys qualified to catch the deep ball? Can Huard not throw the deep ball? I would think if he can throw an accurate pass 25 yards down the field he can throw a 40 yard pass down the field. Why not the attempt to get the guys out of the box?

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Hew bulked up in the off-season to be able to take the punishment, now it's looking like a bad idea because he lost some of his speed in the process, but make no mistake our O-line sucks ass. Waters and Shields are the only players worthy of starting. Wiggs is under-sized for straight-ahead running. Sampson can't stay healthy and is still LEARNING the position, and Black shouldn't even be collecting a paycheck-he gets pushed around and has no heart. Shields has also lost a step, he's still a pretty good player, but the past couple of years have made him appear more mortal than year's gone by. The O-line sucks.
Tell Polamalu about LJ's lack of speed. Oh, yeah, and all those guys trying to catch him on that 78 yard run. If we want LJ to get big yardage we will have to give him some space to run. About half the time he gets hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the ball. Not even Jim Brown could run over an entire defense.

picasso
10-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I think you have me mistaken for someone else, dipshit.

No I don't dipshit your all over the board holding LJ cock!

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Punctuate much?

Frankie
10-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Tell Polamalu about LJ's lack of speed. Oh, yeah, and all those guys trying to catch him on that 78 yard run. If we want LJ to get big yardage we will have to give him some space to run. About half the time he gets hit in the backfield as soon as he gets the ball. Not even Jim Brown could run over an entire defense.
LJ didn't catch up with Polamalu. He caught up with his hair.
;)

tk13
10-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Ohhhh, now it's the O-line. Last year when you were saying Priest was washed up, that he was getting met in the backfield didn't matter. Now that's a valid excuse. Very clever.

Brock
10-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Shouldn't be too much of a problem for you to point out all the examples then. I'll wait a little while, since I can tell you're running on low wattage.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 03:00 PM
It usually takes a full year as a starter to evaluate a RB.

You are enjoying this aren't you, you sick *******************! :cuss:

vailpass
10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
You are enjoying this aren't you, you sick *******************! :cuss:

No. I stand by my point made in the pre-season that it takes a full season to assess a RB's body of work. There is still more than half a season to play so it is too early to make a definitive call.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 03:04 PM
The offense needs to reinstate some of the "cute" plays everyone hated that Saunders ran. They may not have always been effective but they did keep the D on their toes and helped open up other plays.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Ohhhh, now it's the O-line. Last year when you were saying Priest was washed up, that he was getting met in the backfield didn't matter. Now that's a valid excuse. Very clever.
And Priest WAS washed up now wasn't he? You're damn right it is the O line. That and no downfield passing.

tk13
10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
And Priest WAS washed up now wasn't he? You're damn right it is the O line. That and no downfield passing.
I don't think so. He broke off some of the longest plays of his career last year. He just never had the ability to run through people like LJ did. You called me an idiot for that at the time, now less than a year later you're using the same argument to defend LJ. I mean I agree with you, he needs better blocking, I just thought it was funny.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
No. I stand by my point made in the pre-season that it takes a full season to assess a RB's body of work. There is still more than half a season to play so it is too early to make a definitive call.

We are always doomed after a loss, but an asswhoopin' like that brings us to new lows I guess.
I honestly think these guys went to Pitt with the wrong attitude, I am betting we see a pretty focused team on Sunday.
LJ is fine.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't think so. He broke off some of the longest plays of his career last year. He just never had the ability to run through people like LJ did. You called me an idiot for that at the time, now less than a year later you're using the same argument to defend LJ. I mean I agree with you, he needs better blocking, I just thought it was funny.
I fail to see the humor but last years O line and this year's are two different animals.

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Hew bulked up in the off-season to be able to take the punishment

Did he really???how much weight did LJ put on???

And who's idea was that???

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM

I thought he arrived in KC at 230 and is still at 230.

stevieray
10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
at this point Priest was better at making something out of nothing, or making people miss.

it's too early to truly compare, but I wonder if needing something to prove last year was his fire.

his demeanor seems different...but who knows.

Wilson
10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm sick of Carl Peterson plain not getting it done.

redbrian
10-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Regardless of who is on the field come this Sunday the Chiefs have to open the play book up.

This bs of running on every first and second down is plain stupid, and I put the full blame of this on Herm.

Open up the offense, mix it up, use a balanced attack, and teams will no longer be able to load up the line.

If need be go with the no huddle from the very first snap and chuck it down the friggen field.

vailpass
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
We are always doomed after a loss, but an asswhoopin' like that brings us to new lows I guess.
I honestly think these guys went to Pitt with the wrong attitude, I am betting we see a pretty focused team on Sunday.
LJ is fine.

One game is one game. A win this Sunday and all will be well.
LJ is one of my RBs on my fantasy team and you better be right...he BETTER be fine!!!
LMAO

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought he arrived in KC at 230 and is still at 230.
Thats what I thought too..

Halfcan
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
At least the dumbass didn't fumble again and cost us the game.

penchief
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
LJ can be a very effective short-yardage back. However, his forte is to totally disable defenders with his ability to attack them with a combination of power, elusiveness, and speed (in whichever order is necessary). And he does that best when he has a little bit of breathing space.

IMO, that is why giving him just a little bit of help (i.e. Green's return) would create a lot more opportunities for him to create something without the entire defense keying on him.

I'm not too worried. In fact, I believe it's a nice hardship for LJ to endure. He won't be able to take things for granted. Even though he wears his emotions on his sleeve, his personality is one that overcomes challenges. I think his difficulty thus far this season is likely to be another building block in the continued development of an exceptional talent.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
LJ can be a very effective short-yardage back. However, his forte is to totally disable defenders with his ability to attack them with a combination of power, elusiveness, and speed (in whichever order is necessary). And he does that best when he has a little bit of breathing space.

IMO, that is why giving him just a little bit of help (i.e. Green's return) would create a lot more opportunities for him to create something without the entire defense keying on him.

I'm not too worried. In fact, I believe it's a nice hardship for LJ to endure. He won't be able to take things for granted. Even though he wears his emotions on his sleave, his personality is one that overcomes challenges. I think his difficulty thus far this season is likely to be another building block in the continued development of an exceptional talent. a few draws and screens would help too. Or when he leaks out of the backfield just beyond the LOS. If I were calling plays we would see that a lot.

tk13
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM

I'm not too worried. In fact, I believe it's a nice hardship for LJ to endure. He won't be able to take things for granted. Even though he wears his emotions on his sleave, his personality is one that overcomes challenges. I think his difficulty thus far this season is likely to be another building block in the continued development of an exceptional talent.
Need Harry Kalas to read that over some NFL films footage.

KcMizzou
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
a few draws and screens would help too. Or when he leaks out of the backfield just beyond the LOS. If I were calling plays we would see that a lot.Amen... whatever it takes to get him in space. He's a beast in the secondary.

Mecca
10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Like my friend told me last year......Larry Johnson and Willis McGahee are the same player Larry Johnson just has a line. No RB especially a big one that isn't that shifty is gonna look good without a line. To Flip out that a guy sucks when he has nothing there is funny.

For the Edgerrin James is a pussy comment....what do you expect him to do break 15 tackles in 1 play?

tk13
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
He is on pace to have 74 receptions, probably something that gets lost in the bad rushing numbers.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM

I wish I could recall, but he DID put weight on, knowing that he would be expected to carry the load. I heard it come out of HIS mouth in a fairly recent interview-I'll see what I can find.

penchief
10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
He is on pace to have 74 receptions, probably something that gets lost in the bad rushing numbers.

Which is exactly what happened at Penn State. When a defense totally committed to shutting down the run, his rushing numbers may not have been the greatest but Paterno was smart enough to give him the ball on swing passes and screens. In those games he always had really good pass catching numbers. He's shown that ability consistently since he's been here, too. I agree with those who say the chiefs should be utilizing that strategy more. He's a proven commodity in that type of game plan.

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I wish I could recall, but he DID put weight on, knowing that he would be expected to carry the load. I heard it come out of HIS mouth in a fairly recent interview-I'll see what I can find.

I remember something about the increase in weight when people were talking about how much he was leg pressing either early in the season or late in the pre-season.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
He is not getting the 4 yard carries that are so important. To me it looks like he is waiting for big holes instead of cutting back hard and low into the little creases for the 4 and 5 yard carries. To me the problem seems to be more in his head than the OLine.

Start giving Derrick Ross some carries to help LJ remember how to cut it back hard for the small yards.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I remember something about the increase in weight when people were talking about how much he was leg pressing either early in the season or late in the pre-season.
Thank you, Pastor for making think I'm not totally crazy. I've been searching for it, but haven't come across anything, yet. I know LJ said he increased his weight to be able to handle the load this year.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Like my friend told me last year......Larry Johnson and Willis McGahee are the same player Larry Johnson just has a line. No RB especially a big one that isn't that shifty is gonna look good without a line. To Flip out that a guy sucks when he has nothing there is funny.

For the Edgerrin James is a pussy comment....what do you expect him to do break 15 tackles in 1 play?

Willis McGahee? ROFL LJ has much much more ability.

This is not an OLine problem or a defense stacking problem. There is something wrong in LJ's head. Why do I say that? Even an average back behind a bad line doesn't get stuffed behind or on the line play after play. Instead they hit the line hard and low and try to get those 3 and 4 yard carries.

To me the defenses see on tape that LJ is hesitating, slow to cut back, and not running hard and low up into the line. So they are stacking and hitting the gaps hard to stop him from following his blocks and picking his wholes. The result is they catch him play after play waiting for a hole behind the line of scrimmage.

This is not going to get better until LJ starts hitting the line hard and fighting for every yard. He needs to run like every play is 3rd and Goal from the 2 yard line. I'm convinced most of the problem right now is in LJ head not the OLine, Defense, or his physical ability.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM

This is not an OLine problem or a defense stacking problem. There is something wrong in LJ's head. Why do I say that? Even an average back behind a bad line doesn't get stuffed behind or on the line play after play. Instead they hit the line hard and low and try to get those 3 and 4 yard carries.

To me the defenses see on tape that LJ is hesitating, slow to cut back, and not running hard and low up into the line. So they are stacking and hitting the gaps hard to stop him from following his blocks and picking his wholes. The result is they catch him play after play waiting for a hole behind the line of scrimmage.

This is not going to get better until LJ starts hitting the line hard and fighting for every yard. He needs to run like every play is 3rd and Goal from the 2 yard line. I'm convinced most of the problem right now is in LJ head not the OLine, Defense, or his physical ability.
yeah, sure, all of those 250-300 lb bodies are just a figment of LJ's imagination.

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM

Defenses are knocking our O-line back INTO LJ, thus negating any positive yardage. I place that blame at the O-line's feet, that and weak play-calling.

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Thank you, Pastor for making think I'm not totally crazy. I've been searching for it, but haven't come across anything, yet. I know LJ said he increased his weight to be able to handle the load this year.
I wasn't trying to call you out on it..even though I did ;)

That was just the first time I heard that..

BigChiefFan
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I wasn't trying to call you out on it..even though I did ;)

That was just the first time I heard that..It's all good-I just wish I could find the interview so you all could see it as well.

Easy 6
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
There is plenty of blame to spread around the entire O the way i see it. No one is blameless...this is the ultimate TEAM sport. I like a good fight too but the backbiting is OOC. Not one single person here, including myself to be certain, has all the answers. Geeeeeez, Stinger was right...i hadnt seen shit til' now :spock:

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM

LJ is hands down better than McGahee. Its not even a contest.

stevieray
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
lotta football left to be played...I don't think we can ascertain what kind of team we are till the end of the season.

I think we are in the process of finding our identity with new coaches and players, hampered by injury and retirements.

We've seen this bipolar play before, let's hope it's working the bugs out, instead of more of the same.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
LJ is hands down better than McGahee. Its not even a contest.
McGahee averages a full yard per carry less than LJ. In fact, McGahee averages 3.9 ypc for his career. That is dangerously close to being out of the NFL.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 04:47 PM
yeah, sure, all of those 250-300 lb bodies are just a figment of LJ's imagination.

You don't see it? What people are calling lack of fire is the same thing so I'm not alone. If he was in Denver the Rat would have already cut his ass. Watch LJ hit the line when they get within 2 or 3 yards of the goal he is a completely different back.

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
You don't see it? What people are calling lack of fire is the same thing so I'm not alone. If he was in Denver the Rat would have already cut his ass. Watch LJ hit the line when they get within 2 or 3 yards of the goal he is a completely different back.

You are just reaching for an explanation as to why the rushing yards havent been there by overlooking the obvious. Its assinine that anyone questions the fire of a pro. If he was in denver hed have at least 500 yards rushing by now, and no way in hell would the rat have cut him.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Defenses are knocking our O-line back INTO LJ, thus negating any positive yardage. I place that blame at the O-line's feet, that and weak play-calling.

Exactly, they are hitting every gap hard because they know he will be sitting there waiting for them.

I agree with everyone that the OLine play has diminished, defenses are stacking, and the receiving game is not taking advantage, but LJ is not cutting back hard or hitting the line hard except then they get near the goal.

There is plenty of blame to go around for the current offensive woes and LJ cannot escape.

Mecca
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
McGahee averages a full yard per carry less than LJ. In fact, McGahee averages 3.9 ypc for his career. That is dangerously close to being out of the NFL.

And you don't think if LJ played his whole career with this line he'd be averaging something like that? McGahee has never played with a good line.

Rising Sun
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
It really makes you wonder if this coaching staff even watches game film of other teams, becuase they dont deviate at all from the same crap. Whatever happened to finding and attacking a weakness?

KcMizzou
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
If he was in Denver the Rat would have already cut his ass. LMAO riiiiight

PastorMikH
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM

That's what I'm seeing and trying to say. Last year he hits the line like a raging bull charging through a shoot. If there wasn't a hole, he was at least going to make sure the DE or LB felt him coming. This year it's like he's trying to be the small shifty guy that waits for an opening instead of forcing an opening. Or perhaps he's waiting on a homerun lane to open up instead of taking the yards that are there. Maybe, as someone mentioned, the fumbles are getting to him.

Now, on that one TD run against Pitts, that looked like the LJ from last year. He had 9 guys hit that hole but he was not going to be denied. He forced his will and his way on the D and won. That's the LJ I'm looking for.

Sure the line is crappy right now. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see near the shifts and guard pulling we saw in the last several years. Its looked more straight up play to me so far. But if LJ would run like I think he can, even behind this line and Ds keying on him, he would be in the top 5 RBs in production (running and passing).

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
You are just reaching for an explanation as to why the rushing yards havent been there by overlooking the obvious. Its assinine that anyone questions the fire of a pro. If he was in denver hed have at least 500 yards rushing by now, and no way in hell would the rat have cut him.

I don't question his fire, in fact I believe he is trying too hard for the home run instead of fighting hard for the few yards. He is getting caught for no yards play after play. In Denver the Rat makes the backs take one cut and go he never allows his backs to wait in the back field for the blocking to develop the way LJ is doing.

LJ is not the only problem, but he is not without part of the blame. Defenses are challenging him and he is not responding. Watch him near the goal line he is a completely different runner. He needs to be that tough inside runner more often.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 05:11 PM
That's what I'm seeing and trying to say. Last year he hits the line like a raging bull charging through a shoot. If there wasn't a hole, he was at least going to make sure the DE or LB felt him coming. This year it's like he's trying to be the small shifty guy that waits for an opening instead of forcing an opening. Or perhaps he's waiting on a homerun lane to open up instead of taking the yards that are there. Maybe, as someone mentioned, the fumbles are getting to him.

Now, on that one TD run against Pitts, that looked like the LJ from last year. He had 9 guys hit that hole but he was not going to be denied. He forced his will and his way on the D and won. That's the LJ I'm looking for.

Sure the line is crappy right now. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see near the shifts and guard pulling we saw in the last several years. Its looked more straight up play to me so far. But if LJ would run like I think he can, even behind this line and Ds keying on him, he would be in the top 5 RBs in production.

Exactly!!

I want him to play the way Priest did two years ago against Baltimore. He fought hard for those 2 yard gains, which soon became 4 and 5 yard gains. People gave all the credit to the interior line, but what I saw was a back that would not be denied.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 05:12 PM
And you don't think if LJ played his whole career with this line he'd be averaging something like that? McGahee has never played with a good line.
LJ did just fine when Roaf was out last year. But the line is even weaker (and older) this year. LJ went downhill when Green was knocked out. He car run over a couple of them if he gets a couple of steps of momentum. Yes, I think LJ is a much superior back to McGahee.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
LJ did just fine when Roaf was out last year. But the line is even weaker (and older) this year. LJ went downhill when Green was knocked out. He car run over a couple of them if he gets a couple of steps of momentum. Yes, I think LJ is a much superior back to McGahee.

I agree, I still think LJ has amazing ability. Right now I think he is going through one hell of an NFL learning experience. If he gets to the other side healthy the Chiefs may have something even more special.

Mecca
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM

You should take a look at the players McGahee has been playing with for his career, they're about on par with what the Chiefs have right now.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
I hope this year is a learning experiece for LJ. I think what he really needs to do is learn how to make something out of nothing. All the great backs learned to to use their body and slithered to find a hole even when nothing was there. Yes, the line is bad this year, but LJ is hardly without blame. No excuses...

Guru
10-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Thats it. Time to pull out the big guns.

Larry, you suck. You can't hit the hole to save your life. And can't beat anyone to the corner.

Go back to the bench you worthless POS and don't come back until you are ready to play football in the big leagues. :cuss: :cuss: ;)

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I hope this year is a learning experiece for LJ. I think what he really needs to do is learn how to make something out of nothing. All the great backs learned to to use their body and slithered to find a hole even when nothing was there. Yes, the line is bad this year, but LJ is hardly without blame. No excuses...
If you give LJ just a little room he will break big plays. You can't expect him, or anyone else , to run through brick walls time after time. Half of the time he gets hit as soon as he gets the ball. Draws, screen passes, swing passes and sneak him out of the backfield for a short pass and watch his smoke. I don't think Herm is smart enough to employ these tactics. At least he hasn't tried any of them consistently yet. The one 78 yard gain came on a screen pass. LJ doesn't need to learn a damn thing. He needs an OC that knows what he is doing. Right now he has a O line coach who has been Peter Principled into his position of incompetence.

MadMax
10-17-2006, 10:37 PM

Sure the line is crappy right now. Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see near the shifts and guard pulling we saw in the last several years. Its looked more straight up play to me so far. But if LJ would run like I think he can, even behind this line and Ds keying on him, he would be in the top 5 RBs in production (running and passing).

I am dissapointed too,but come on he is getting hit BEHIND the los on a lot of plays...

Deberg_1990
10-17-2006, 10:38 PM
If you give LJ just a little room he will break big plays. You can't expect him, or anyone else , to run through brick walls time after time. Half of the time he gets hit as soon as he gets the ball. Draws, screen passes, swing passes and sneak him out of the backfield for a short pass and watch his smoke. I don't think Herm is smart enough to employ these tactics. At least he hasn't tried any of them consistently yet. The one 78 yard gain came on a screen pass. LJ doesn't need to learn a damn thing. He needs an OC that knows what he is doing. Right now he has a O line coach who has been Peter Principled into his position of incompetence.

Like i mentioned, its not all his fault obviously....most of it is as you described. He is not entirely without fault. I do believe he could learn to pick up some more yards when the holes arnt there. In fact watching the old Marcus Allen games reminds me of this. Dude had a great way of contorting his body and picking up a few extra tough yards when nothing was there. For years Walter Payton ran behind a horrible line yet still gained a ton of yards.

MahiMike
10-18-2006, 06:51 AM
I would add: teams can afford to commit 8 to the box because they don't feel threatened by our receivers.

And I would add it's due to our new HC's philosophy. If you don't take chances downfield, 8 in the box is what you get.

Wichita Lineman
10-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Look this guy is great on first and second down if he's got the kind of blocking he had last year,but he's never been the third down,goal line back that Priest or Bennet are.Last year he came in when defenses were worn down from the season and had great blocking from his line so he did some great running but he's never proven he can be the man. He's an average back who got lucky last year and that's all.

ExtremeChief
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
LJ was best last year when he had a hole at the LOS and then he would either punish a linebacker or safety, or just run around them. There are no holes this year. Huard doesn't scare anyone, and KC doesn't have a tackle that can block in space like Willie could. It might get better when Green comes back, but I really think this entire team is going to be searching for an identity the rest of the year. It probably won't be pretty.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Like i mentioned, its not all his fault obviously....most of it is as you described. He is not entirely without fault. I do believe he could learn to pick up some more yards when the holes arnt there. In fact watching the old Marcus Allen games reminds me of this. Dude had a great way of contorting his body and picking up a few extra tough yards when nothing was there. For years Walter Payton ran behind a horrible line yet still gained a ton of yards.
I agree LJ can get better. Everyone can. The other day I heard Tiger Woods say he was trying to get better.

PastorMikH
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
I am dissapointed too,but come on he is getting hit BEHIND the los on a lot of plays...

Yeah, sometimes he gets hit because there's a LB there as soon as he gets the ball. But lets face it, there are a good number of times he's standing around back there waiting for a hole to get bigger before he runs through it. I've also seen LJ go down this year from some pretty light touches too. It seems to me like it's a lot easier to put Larry on the ground this year than it was last year.