PDA

View Full Version : Booger traded to Indy for 2007 2nd rounder

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
According to Bucs' website.

Carl gets pawned again.

Brock
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't have given up a second. I think Indy's going to get burned again.

Ebolapox
10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
indy got shafted there

JBucc
10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Screw that. I wouldn't give up our second for anything at this point.

Kyle401
10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I guess getting shafted by Corey Simon wasn't enough.

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Of course, Indy's 2nd rounder will be like a early 3rd rounder, while our 2nd rounder will be like a late 1st rounder.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Shane, were you not the one beating the Corey Simon drum when Indy got him?

shaneo69
We traded a 2nd rounder for Surtain. Not sure if McFarland would be a better investment or not.

HC_Chief
Dungy drafted the kid... knows what he's getting.

McFarland is a DT who can actually generate a push in the middle of the line... can actually get <i>penetration</i>. It's been so long since KC had a DT that could do that, I've almost forgotten what it looks like. :(

tk13
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Their run D is horrible. They have no chance in January unless they did something. Kind of a risk but they're playing for a Super Bowl, the AFC might not be quite as good as past years.

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Shane, were you not the one beating the Corey Simon drum when Indy got him?

Nope. I know htismaqe was a big Simon fan at one time, but I don't remember if he wanted us to sign him when Simon was cut loose by the Eagles.

But I don't blame anyone who wanted to sign Simon. Nobody here knew he was going to have polyarthritis. But I would think that signs of it would've shown up on his physical before the Colts signed him.

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM

McFarland is a DT who can actually generate a push in the middle of the line... can actually get <i>penetration</i>. It's been so long since KC had a DT that could do that, I've almost forgotten what it looks like. :(

Herm was in Tampa during McFarland's first two years. I would think he would know what he was getting.

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM

The fact that Dungy wanted him makes me think that Herm would've wanted him too, but Polian was able to pull off the deal while Carl was left pulling on something else.

Brock
10-17-2006, 04:24 PM
The fact that Dungy wanted him makes me think that Herm would've wanted him too, but Polian was able to pull off the deal while Carl was left pulling on something else.

LMAO Jeez, speculate much?

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
It's a good move for the Colts. They will need to stop the run in January and without him they know they can't do it.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Nope. I know htismaqe was a big Simon fan at one time, but I don't remember if he wanted us to sign him when Simon was cut loose by the Eagles.

But I don't blame anyone who wanted to sign Simon. Nobody here knew he was going to have polyarthritis. But I would think that signs of it would've shown up on his physical before the Colts signed him.

I could not remember, but we had quite a few posts on here when he was available. thanks

tk13
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't know, I think this was a "go for the Super Bowl" type move. I don't think the Chiefs are quite in that position right now. The Colts are 5-0, have the fast track to homefield advantage in the playoffs, again, yet know they can't keep allowing 170 rushing yards a game and beat teams like San Diego and New England in the playoffs. You can't just waste that opportunity.

HC_Chief
10-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't know, I think this was a "go for the Super Bowl" type move. I don't think the Chiefs are quite in that position right now. The Colts are 5-0, have the fast track to homefield advantage in the playoffs, again, yet know they can't keep allowing 170 rushing yards a game and beat teams like San Diego and New England in the playoffs. You can't just waste that opportunity.

Like we did. :(

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM

Yeah, but it's not like you're acquiring David Wells in the last month of his career. Booger's only 28, will be 29 in Dec. I would think he could be a productive starter for another 3 years at least.

Sure-Oz
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
TB also signed Buchanon to a 1-year deal.

Al Bundy
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Not really.. he doesn't ever get penetration, as a matter of fact he gets run at all the time. The Colts got jipped.

Simplex3
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Carl doesn't pull on things, that's Rufus' job.

Simplex3
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
As for the deal, I think it helps both teams. Indy needs to win now and if Booger can get back some of the form that caused them to keep him over Sapp they'll be looking good.

The Bucs, on the other hand, are cooked. Their D is old and it is showing up big time this year. Their OL makes ours look great. They are shaky at QB. They have a couple of decent WRs and a RB. It's ugly down there right now.

Basileus777
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
The Bucs just raped Polian. A 2nd rounder for Booger? ROFL He isn't even worth a first day pick, especially with that huge salary. The Colts are gambling for a superbowl. Unless the Colts win it all they have been burned. Booger is a mediocre player, who is lazy, injury prone, and was only good when playing next to Sapp in his prime. He's getting over 5 mil a year too.

htismaqe
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM

I'm doing a search right now because I honestly don't remember what I said.

I've never been a fan of acquiring other people's defensive tackles. It's a move that virtually never pays off.

htismaqe
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, apparently, I didn't have an opinion one way or another on Simon.

The only thing I ever said about Simon was that cap space wasn't an issue but he wanted a huge signing bonus, which meant Lamar wouldn't sign him.

blueballs
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
where is Bucgirl?
BUc fans have ripped Booger good

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow, Bucs ripped the Colts a new one. A second round pick for Booger, wow unbelivable.

Al Bundy
10-18-2006, 09:27 AM
where is Bucgirl?
BUc fans have ripped Booger good

We have ripped him because he has been overrated. He can't get off a block to save his life at this point. I hope Indy revitalizes him, but I am just thankful we dumped his salary.

milkman
10-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but it's not like you're acquiring David Wells in the last month of his career. Booger's only 28, will be 29 in Dec. I would think he could be a productive starter for another 3 years at least.

Yes, but will he be a productive starter in 2010?

At this point, I hope we don't trade any picks away over the next couple of years for players.

We aren't going to the SB until Carl finally retires, so I want to use those draft picks for players that might be around to help the cause when Carl finally, mecifully, steps down.

BucEyedPea
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Good move on the Bucs part.
But Booger hasn't played well, so I don't know if it's good for Indy.
Yuk! Yuk!

HC_Chief
10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Yes, but will he be a productive starter in 2010?

At this point, I hope we don't trade any picks away over the next couple of years for players.

We aren't going to the SB until Carl finally retires, so I want to use those draft picks for players that might be around to help the cause when Carl finally, mecifully, steps down.

You think that is ever going to happen?

milkman
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
You think that is ever going to happen?

Of course it will.

I mean, Carl wouldn't lie to us, would he?

:eek:

:D