PDA

View Full Version : The Gillete Fusion

listopencil
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I just had one sent to me in the mail and it looks cool. It also feels nice in my hand. I think it might be too advanced for me because the first time I picked it up and messed with it I accidentally popped the giant blade holder part right off the thing. And that's the problem with it. It has six blades. Six blades! WTF? It has a set of five blades that you shave yourself with and then an extra on top for touching up. Do I really need a razor with six blades on it? What's next, a disposable team of ninjas monkeys that leap off of a popsicle stick and immediately remove all the hair from my face region? This has to stop...

morphius
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
It goes well with the new Swiss Army knife.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
I would suggest using the trimming blade to clean the delicate hairs that can grow out of your jugular vein.

KcMizzou
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I've used the Gillete Sensor for years.

If it aint broke...

Btw, what's with the price of extra blades? Sheesh

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
There was some Indian tribe that would simply pack their beards in clay and then rip out all the hairs. It cost much less than a Gillette Fusion.

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
It's not our fault you invested all of your money in clay, okay? Stop spamming.

Saulbadguy
I've started buying the 12 packs of disposables. Use em twice and then throw them away. Saves me alot of irritation, and $$$.

58-4ever
I'm a Fusion user. And I don't think I'll ever go back to less than 5 blades at a time. 4 blades are simply unacceptable.

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Those are all good suggestions but do I really need six blades?

OK, I don't like the clay idea. That sounds painful. And my wrists aren't hairy. If they were I wouldn't shave them anyway. And blades shouldn't cost as much as the razor itself. That's just wrong.

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm a Fusion user. And I don't think I'll ever go back to less than 5 blades at a time. 4 blades are simply unacceptable.

I have six. Ha!

KcMizzou
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I've started buying the 12 packs of disposables. Use em twice and then throw them away. Saves me alot of irritation, and $$$. I generally dont have sensitve skin, but those things tear me up.

HC_Chief
10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
There was some Indian tribe that would simply pack their beards in clay and then rip out all the hairs. It cost much less than a Gillette Fusion.

Indigenous american people (i.e. "Indians" / "Native Americans") are naturally devoid of facial hair. ;)

listopencil
I've started buying the 12 packs of disposables. Use em twice and then throw them away. Saves me alot of irritation, and $$$.

That's what I do. I like the little girly ones that are meant for shaving legs, they don't cut you so much and they can handle my stubble.

Mecca
Those are all good suggestions but do I really need six blades?

OK, I don't like the clay idea. That sounds painful. And my wrists aren't hairy. If they were I wouldn't shave them anyway. And blades shouldn't cost as much as the razor itself. That's just wrong.

I have one of these.........those razor blades last quite awhile so the extra cost isn't that bad when you realize how long each blade will last.

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I have six. Ha!

Well, you can't actually use the one on the back at the same time. So, technically you only have 5 and a single blade. :)

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I have one of these.........those razor blades last quite awhile so the extra cost isn't that bad when you realize how long each blade will last.

About how long can you go before you have to switch?

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, you can't actually use the one on the back at the same time. So, technically you only have 5 and a single blade. :)

I think I can shave my neck and chin at the same time with it but I haven't tried.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm waiting on the new 8 bladed model.

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
About how long can you go before you have to switch?

If you dry it and you shave every other day, mine last up two to three weeks.

StcChief
10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
3 blades work fine, just be careful....moving from 30 years with electric was kinda bad at first....

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I think I can shave my neck and chin at the same time with it but I haven't tried.

That sounds like something a Donkey fan would try. Breaking news: A man in Denver dies while trying to shave his neck and chin at the same time.

Mecca
10-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Well asking me probably isn't the best measure.......I don't shave close to everyday and usually have some sort of beard or goatee so I'm not shaving my entire face either.

HC_Chief
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
That sounds like something a Donkey fan would try. Breaking news: A man in Denver dies while trying to shave his neck and chin at the same time.

Or, if you're rally fat and your chin & neck really aren't separate...

You know, like George Lucas. ;)

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM

I live in California so listen in to the news tonight, I'm going to try it.

SNR
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
That's what I do. I like the little girly ones that are meant for shaving legs, they don't cut you so much and they can handle my stubble.You have the stubble of a woman!
http://sicprogramas.sapo.pt/sicprogramas/images/articles/286/blackadder.jpg

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
If you dry it and you shave every other day, mine last up two to three weeks.

That's not bad. I shave about three to four times a week so it should last a good month.

listopencil
10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
You have the stubble of a woman!
http://sicprogramas.sapo.pt/sicprogramas/images/articles/286/blackadder.jpg

I wish I could get that clean shaven without it taking a half hour.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Anybody ever used a Gilette Blue Blade? I grew up with them. I've seen sharper pocket knives.

JBucc
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I just got one of these in the mail recently for my birthday and some shaving gel stuff. Haven't tried it yet as my old model is still going strong, but I can't wait.

The Red Sea
10-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I also received one in the mail & I did think it worked well.
It was Such a close shave & it got my face SO silky smooth I told my wife to please give it a try tonight!!!

=P

DaFace
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
You only have six blades? That's nothin...

http://www.dialysis.co.uk/images/12blade.gif

58-4ever
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
You only have six blades? That's nothin...

http://www.dialysis.co.uk/images/12blade.gif

That's one scary looking device.

Archie F. Swin
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I just had one sent to me in the mail and it looks cool. It also feels nice in my hand. I think it might be too advanced for me because the first time I picked it up and messed with it I accidentally popped the giant blade holder part right off the thing. And that's the problem with it. It has six blades. Six blades! WTF? It has a set of five blades that you shave yourself with and then an extra on top for touching up. Do I really need a razor with six blades on it? What's next, a disposable team of ninjas monkeys that leap off of a popsicle stick and immediately remove all the hair from my face region? This has to stop...
The 6th blade is for sliting your wrist in early January

Frazod
10-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I got one in the mail, too, from Costco. Good shave, but the number of blades is approaching ridiculous proportions.

Of course, being a Costco shopper, I still have about 10 blades left from the last time I purchased the MEGA BLADE REFILL PACK for my old razor, so I guess I'll be contemplating upgrading to the Fusion at some point next year.

Mecca
10-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I also received one in the mail & I did think it worked well.
It was Such a close shave & it got my face SO silky smooth I told my wife to please give it a try tonight!!!

=P

I hate when women shave their legs or anything else with my razor....especially when they aren't smart enough to change the blade after because you can immediatly tell, it also dulls the blade much faster.

This has happened more than a few times.....

ChiefaRoo
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM

So your cheap and your a pussy. I knew it.

The Red Sea
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Ummm I wasnt talking about my wife using it to shave her legs.

=P

Guru
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I just started using one of these since my trusty Braun broke down. They are by far the best razor I have used. Still not as close as a Braun though. I just can't afford another $160 electric.

My first blade lasted almost a full month though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Gillette Sensor disposables with an aloe strip (3 for like 3 bucks) are a pretty good deal. They last a few weeks and I have pretty thick stubble. With that being said, I usually opt for a Norelco electric.

Bill Parcells
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Breaking news:did you look at his user profile??

He is from the flying spaghetti monster..which is not Denver,for your information..that is all..